Politics Plastic Surgery

I think that if it is to make you feel good about yourself, then it's allright. You are the one who has to live with yourself everyday and only you know what that is like. So if it's for yourself and only for yourself is fine, but if you start making a habit out of it, like my aunt Marie for example: she started with breast implants (which are not too big, they even look natural), then she went for her chin, and her nose, she had liposuction (I probably misspelled that) on he hips (which were sorts of huge, but it's a curse that runs in the family) and her feet (don't ask me what was the purpose of that). Say yes sure she looks 30 and she 48, but was that really necessary? Nope, it wasn't, she was beautiful before she had herself remodeled.
So, the case above is just wrong, because the only surgery she did for herself were the breast implants, all the others were because a friend of hers said that her nose was a little to big, or her husband said that her behing was getting too fat.
People shouldn't change because that way they'll fit better, they should change for thenselves, wether is inside or outside.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
it's the curse of plastic surgery. once you start you can't stop. there's always something about yourself that you're gonna want to fix.
Everyone has some part of their body the hate. I sure do. It was pretty brutual in highschool seeing girls with the 'perfect' body (or so it seemed) and I always wondered why I didn't look like them. But I've learnt to accept my imperfections and now I'm happy. :smiley:

I think if it is absolutely nessciary, like if you're in an accident and your face is really messed up and you're depressed or if you had cancer and you go through reconstructive surgery.

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
I think if it is absolutely nessciary, like if you're in an accident and your face is really messed up and you're depressed or if you had cancer and you go through reconstructive surgery.
[post="871417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have the same opinion .
But I think it's really sad, that there are so many people who do that only because they can't accept their natural body. I would never do that, because I think it looks too false most times and I could never forget that I have something unnatural in my body...
But what I really hate are these plastic surgery shows on TV like ,,the swan" !

There isn't a shadow of doubt that for medical reasons it is a good thing.

It can also OCCASIONALLY be a good thing for other reasons. I know of a number of incidents when a child has had something in their appearance that they are constantly bullied about and teased about at school. It has effected their schoolwork, their social life, and basically every aspect of their lives. For example, I know a couple of people whose ears stuck out a lot, and their lives were basically being ruined because of it. They had an operation that involves stitching the ears a little more cloesly to the head. It is classified as 'plastic surgery', but it is quite a minor thing.

I have seen what a big change this made to their lives (actually having friends, performing well at school, having the confidence to pursue interests like sport and school plays). And so, while I certainly think that the kind of plastic surgery most people have is ridiculous, it can sometimes be beneficial. The kind I'm talking about is less dramatic than having braces on your teeth. And these days, if you don't have perfect teeth naturally, people think they have to be fixed.

Yeah, you're right, if the people suffer because their body isn't as looking as the one of most other people and they're having many problems because of that and a plastic surgery could help it's ok.
But I think when people talk about plastic surgery most don't think about moving ears nearer to the head....which I think is not a big thing, but I really feel sorry for those people who had an operation once and can't stop to have other ones. Maybe someday having a plastic surgerys is classfied as an addiction like smoking :(

But that so many people have plastic sugerys also shows how bad we must trest other people, because I think many people don't want a surgery to like their body, they want that other people like their body. And sometimes this goes terribly wrong. last night I saw a report on TV about a woman who had 2 plastic surgerys because her husband!!!! wanted it and now they're divorced and she wants her old body back!

It's such a waste of time and money. I was looking at photos from the Emmys, and it was so easy to tell who had had plastic surgery. These actresses are often told to 'fix' things so they can get work, but then they have surgery and don't look human anymore. How about Faye Dunaway when she was a guest on Alias. She had so much plastic surgery she looked more plastic than human!

I think it's so ridiculous when people say they never had a plastic surgery, but you see that it's not true!
One german actress always said she never had one and kind of strange her nose was much more thin than one week before...... :confused:

Yeah!! Exactly what I meant!
mhm....his face changed ny natural reasons, didn't you know that? ;) :lol:
I think if you had a plastic surgery you should be honest and say it.

If someone wants to have plastic surgery, all I can say is go ahead. Do it. It's your body, do what you want with it. Personally, I wouldn't have it done, but I can't stop anyone else from doing it. Your choice, do what you want.

the thing i would worry about most is the mantainance of plastic surgery, you in a way have to keep up with it. plus some people get addicted to it and they cant stop or they get one thing done after another. im not against it but you should do some serious thinking before you do, you should always be happy with who you are and what you look like and you shouldnt have to alter it in anyway, everyone is beautiful in there own way. but in all honesty its hard to feel good about ourselves sometimes because of the the way thgis world is everyonbe is always trying to look sexier and younger. being your self inst enough sometimes, thats the sick and twisted part of it all. its just like joan rivers says in the season finally of nip/tuck "im a God damd lie" i like watching nip/tuck because you can learn alot from the show, and its true people do have the right to choose if they want top have plastic surgery or not. but in the end you should be doing it for your self and not to impress someone.

It's a personal choice. I don't think people should have it done. Most people that have cosmetic surgery don't even need it. It just somehow makes them feel better about themself. I don't agree with it, and personally, I'd never have it done. But if you want to, go ahead. It's your body, do what you want with it.

I think there is nothing wrong with plastic surgery, but what is wrong is the mentality that growing older and looking your age is a bad thing. I mean, everyone gets old, everyone gets wrinkles, why do we define beauty as some narrow look you had in your teens and twenties?

well, i honestly think there's nothing wrong with plastic surgery. if you want to have salt water for boobs, go right ahead, your choice. i personally, would love to get my nose done, but i dont think i'd ever do it. why? because i've gone through 2 surgeries & although they were minor, they weren't fun (although that happy gas thing certainly is :angelic: ) Anyways...having seen what my grandmother went through after she had breast cancer 2x and having to have reconstructive surgery, I really can't imagine why women & young girls (parents are now giving them certificates for gratuation gifts!) would put themselves through that. They really must want whatever a lot. But, hey, if it floats their boat, why not? It makes them happy, it makes the surgeons happy when they get a nice check, it makes everyone involved happy.

I really don't see how you can be for or against plastic surgery. Basically it is only affecting the person who is getting it done. It's your right to change your body if you so desire. I also think that it has helped people who have awful physical deformities, and I would never begrudge them the right to change their appearance, so they could be more accepted in today's "beauty" driven society.

Lasik eye surgery is a form of plastic surgery, and that surgery helps thousands of people to be able to see better.

I really don't see how you can be for or against plastic surgery. Basically it is only affecting the person who is getting it done. It's your right to change your body if you so desire. I also think that it has helped people who have awful physical deformities, and I would never begrudge them the right to change their appearance, so they could be more accepted in today's "beauty" driven society.

Lasik eye surgery is a form of plastic surgery, and that surgery helps thousands of people to be able to see better.

I agree, but I do think some people can go over board...like Michael Jackson or that lady who looks like a cat and her face is all bloated. Then there's the Queen of plastic surgery Joan Rivers. Unless I was in a horrible accident and needed reconstructive surgery, I wouldn't go under the knife. It's just something that I wouldn't do but I don't judge those who choose to. I also don't think that it's wrong to out someone who chooses to not disclose the work he or she has gotten done.

Back