Season 5 React: Solo

What would you rate "Solo"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
AWESOME EPISODE!!! I love how Sydney was having the baby listen to her and Vaughn's conversation :smiley: SO CUTE! I wasn't expecting that much from this episode, but it was awesome. It was back to the regular Alias :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: . Now I'm really excited for next week! I'm actauly begining to like Rachel. She is not an exact cloane of Sydney and actually makes mistakes, lol. I also am kind of liking the whole teacher student thing that Rachel and Sydney have going. Somebody said something about Syd's hair looking differnet, it does (I think). This episode also had a little bit of humour in it, too. I miss Vaughn, Nadia, and Weiss, but I think in the end they will all come back. I loved Nadia's guest appearance, lmao!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

omg look at all these people in here. its seriously scaring me.

the epi was one of the best this season. i totally thought syd looked huge in those pictures before the epi, but she wasnt in it.
*swoon*Thomas Grace*swoon*

I think that Rachel is doing well for being a new at this whole agent thing. I didn't feel anything towards her mission, except that I missed seeing Sydney in these situations. But she's pregnant, what can you do about it? When they mentioned that Rachel has to become that guy's friend, I totally had flashbacks to Phase One.

And surprisingly, I'm starting to really like Tom. Of course he can never take the place of Vaughn (or Weiss for that mattter), but he's his own character... and I'm starting to like him for that. But there is definitly something going on between Rachel and Tom. It was kind of too obvious too.... All I have to say is that YOU CANNOT RECREATE SOUL MATES ON THE SAME SHOW!!!! No... I won't accept it...

Agh... and all the Vaughn references.... :cry: :cry: They were so sad..... When Sydney was in the baby store, I was all 'aww' in the beginning. But then they showed the scene with the father and his daughter, and I started to lose it. It was sooo sad. :cry: And OMG!! The end?!? Getting to hear Vaughn's voice.... :cry: :cry: I miss the way that Vaughn and Sydney would banter with each other... It was so carefree. God I miss him.... so so so much... :cry:

And stupid ABC for airing THE episode (you know which on I'm talking about..) on the day where I can't get out of something... :angry: I'm soo mad... (n)

But it was a good episode. :smiley:

Dixon, it's great to have you back in the field.

"Ours is a forbidden love."

No complaints this way writers, keep it up.

Renee kicks ass.

Rachel reminds me a little of Jodie Foster although I like Jodie Foster a lot better!

I'm still crying from the tape recorder scene with her tummy/baby... :(

I forgot all about Renee. When she busted in with the motorbike, then went all crazy on those card players, I was like "Oh shiiiit, don't mess with the Black Raven Biiiitches"

30 minutes after the episode and already 4 pages, seems like the show's doing good. And 16 "4's" and only 1 "1"

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! This has been the best episode this season since 'Prophet Five'!!!!!! Vaughn and Syd's conversation at the end was so kewl. For a second, I thought Syd was on the phone with him, and she was telling him about Rachel's first solo mission. But then I relized, its not going to be that early. :'( JJ's words keep ringing in my ear "Its not what it seams" I'm still hopeing he is alive. And one thing kind of left me wondering. When Rachel said "I would've like to meet him." Syd didn't say anything, she just walked away, like maybe one day, she WILL! If he was REALLY dead, she would have said something like "Ya, he was a great guy, you would have liked him." BUT SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!! SO THERES STILL HOPE!!!!!!!! Also when Syd was talking to the sales lady, she said that 'her husband' said "he wishes he could do all that he can" that was sweet, cause I know he would have wanted to do everything he can. :depressed:

I really loved this episode. It was exciting. And the Vaughn/Baby part was sooooooooooo sad. I seriously was on the brink of crying. We got to see Nadia...very bed sticken Nadia, but I missed her. Just the whole Rachel part was awesome. Good Epi from my POV!!!

they finally loaded the music info at abc.com

Artist: Karla Bonoff
Song: "The Water Is Wide"
Label: Columbia

Rachel's first "Solo" mission was more believable than I thought it was going to be. I thought she was going to be doing a lot more fighting, which wouldn't really fit her character. I liked the way she acted in that mission, because it showed that she isn't that good yet (which she isn't).

When I saw Mia Maestro come up as a special guest star, I was very surprised. It was a little pointless putting her on there though, considering she was only on for a few seconds. Oh well!

HIGHLIGHTS of "Solo":
- Sydney and her emotional baby moments.
- Sloane working with Dean, and getting a taste of his own medicine by being threatened and blackmailed by Dean all of the time.
- Thomas showing Rachel some of his "off the books" fighting techniques.

I gave "Solo" a 4, because I enjoyed everything about it.

Can't wait for "Fait Accompli" next week. It looks really good to me!

-- Josh

i suppose i'm the only one who wanted to :puke: at all the vaughn moments. to me, it's not emotional anymore, it's angsty. i'm not big on that.

m-c

Help! My little sister changed the channel on the recording, and I missed the end. Last thing I saw was Rachel walking off the boat and seeing the shot men. Would someone please tell me how it ended? Thank you so much!

eh.... it wasn't that good, I liked the Dixon bit, hilarious. All the Vaughn moments were sad, they made me cry :( They seriously need to bring him back, I know I probally sound like a broken record but I'l continue saying it until I see him again. So the ending I loved, Syd listening to a recording of when she was comms with Vaughn, the end line was so sweet, " We're in this together". :love: :(

So anyway back to the episode, it was great to see Mia again, I actually miss her. And poor Sloane, he's in the deep end.

Episode was OK overall.

Help! My little sister changed the channel on the recording, and I missed the end. Last thing I saw was Rachel walking off the boat and seeing the shot men. Would someone please tell me how it ended? Thank you so much!

YOU MISSED THE BEST PART!!!!!! it was really emotional, Sloane visited Nadia in the Hospital, Rachel looked at a picture of her and her family, Syd talked about Vaughn to Rachel some more, Rachel said she wished she could meet him, Syd said nothing and walked away, and Syd had a tape recording of a confersation she had with Vaughn and played it to she stomach. SO SWEET :cry: I think I'm going to cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I thought Rachel's acting was pretty good, although I still found some things conveniently placed...

like that pipe she landed on after her first round of fighting with peyton

or that marshall just happened to consider she might need an ice pick to stab someone with...

(but when i look back on it, how often does marshall's gadgets go unused?)

Overall though, I did like this episode better than the previous ones. I liked the mess ups lol. It made it more believeable, and much more of a thrill to watch. I guess it gets us out of the cycle of thinking "oh she's going to win anyways", which is kinda what happened with Sydney. Hmm but even then, we know she's going to win. I should say more obstacles make it more enjoyable to watch.

Back