Recommended Books

Any repeats are there for a reason:

Ender's Game
Dragonriders of Pern
Aztec Blood
Night (holocaust)
Ender's Game
Raptor Red (don't support the author-- buy it used or get it from the library. he's an egotisitcal jerk)
Ender's Game
The Face at the Edge of the World
Joshua
Joshua
Ender's Game
Mary Stewart's Arthurian trilogy
Joshua
All Quite on the Western Front
Of Mice and Men
The Wheel of Time
Harry Potter
The Lord of the Rings (don't go by the movies)
The Adventures of Tom Bombadill
The Hobbit
The Silmarillion
Night

I loved SPEAK.

My Louisana Sky is really good!

Nicholas Sparks! A Bend In the Road, Nights in Rodanthe, EVERY ONE OF THEM

Lois Duncan-I Know What U Did Last Summer, Don't Look Behind U, Killing Mr. Griffin

L.M Montgomery- Anne series- LOVE

Longer Letter Later & Snail Mail No More

I HAVE A LONGER LIST. I'll post more later.

Night, You don't know me, Go Ask Alice, Of Mice and Men, Love, Sara, Running with Scissors, and ....hmmm. Oh, and any of Nicholas Sparks books.

sameoldthing said:
Daughter of Fortune - By Isabel Allende
This is the first in a trilogy of books. They all take place in Chile or Central America during the Civil War or the turn of the century. Allende is beautiful writer. Her descriptions are not long and drawn out but still give you a vivid image of the setting. It is primarily about Eliza who goes to America in search of her true love during the Gold Rush. The people she meets along the way affect her in many different ways. The characters in the books have real personalities. There are no far-fetched characters or situations. Daughter of Fortune was an Oprah book and there are talks of making it into a movie. I would recommend any of Allende's books.
i read portrait in sepia by allende. is that part of the trilogy?

Jemima J by Jane Green - This is one of my favorite books. It's about a newspaper reporter who is uncomfortable with her weight and has a crush on the cute reporter at her paper. It's a story about finding yourself and developing self-confidence. Everyone I've made read it has loved it as much as I have. Please try it out!

Crown Duel - Sherwood Smith
A story set on another world in a "Dark ages" time period. About a strong woman like Sydney who saving the Kingdom, by leading a civil war, then she must learn to survive in the cut-throat world of politics. A very Syd-Vaughn type romance is a sub-plot, and a Sarkish witty villian.

Oh I love Go Ask Alice, and Speak was really good too. But the best books I've ever read are from the series by John Marsden. The first one's called Tomorrow When the War Began. Believe me best series ever!!!!!

Walk Two Moons , by Sharon Creech is probably the best book in the world.
Other cool books:
Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
Anything by David Attenborough
Judy Blume is a cool author
The begginings of all these books are good:
Deception Point - Dan Brown
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall (sp?)
The Queen's fool
Something Borrowed
Dude, Where's my country?
As anyone else who did can tell, I got the free summer reading book from Borders/Books etc. ;)

Back