Sanity Saved

WOW JUST READ THE WHOLE STORY.

ITS GREAT JUST LIKE HOW VAUGHN IS ALWAYS THERE FOR SYD.

IF YOU DO PMS PLEASE PUT ME ON PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D :D :D

This is my Valentine's Day present to all the readers who have been patiently awaitng a chapter for Sanity Saved :love:. It's a really fluffy chpater that doesn't deal a lot with Syd's family issues, or the whole Irina/Mia thing. I'm real sorry if some of you have got to that point where you are confused because you don't remember the last chapter since it's been so long. Sorry about that :blush:. I'll post the end to the last chapter so you at least remember where the story left off. If something doesn't make sense because you don't remember something don't hesitate to ask me a question ;D. Okay, I'll shut up and let you all read. Happy Valentine's Day

Chapter 31

“Oh Eric, this is my sister. Nadia, this is Vaughn’s friend, Eric Weiss.” Nadia stood, straightening out her red shirt.

“Nice to meet you,” she said with a genuine smile, extending her hand. Weiss shifted the pizzas to his left hand as he took Nadia’s hand with enthusiasm.

” Vaughn came to sit down next to me. “Do you mind?" he asked, referring to Weiss.

“Of course not!” I whispered back. Eric was as much of a friend as anyone.

“Mike, you want to take these?” Eric asked without taking his eyes off my sister for a moment.

“Nope, I think I’m pretty comfortable right here, but I’m sure you’ll be able to find your way to the kitchen by yourself,” Vaughn said, settling back into the couch and putting an arm over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes.

“Ugh, fine,” Weiss said, stomping off into the kitchen.

I tilted my head onto Vaughn’s shoulder, attempting to get comfortable. Tonight was going to be a very interesting night…

“Oh my god, you’re joking, right?!”

Weiss held up his hands. “No joke!”

“You seriously ate sour cream? That’s disgusting!”

“You’ll come to learn, Nadia that Eric Weiss is not one to turn down a dare.”

I rolled my eyes as Nadia giggled like a little school girl as Weiss continued to charm her. I looked over at Vaughn. He had the same look on his face. All four of us had been sitting here for the past three hours, watching some cheap movie on TV that nobody was really paying attention to. I closed my eyes. Vaughn noticing my exhausted state lowered my head onto his shoulder so it could rest peacefully there. I snuggled in towards his body, causing him to smile at our closeness.

“So tired,” I whispered.

“I know,” he said, leaning back and resting his head against the couch.

“Look at those two. So pathetic. You guys act like an eighty year old couple,” Weiss said to us, causing me to open my eyes. I smiled slightly, not having the energy to respond to his comment with a witty remark.

“Hey, we do not act like an eighty year old couple. We’re young, hip, and cool. Right, Syd?” Vaughn said, nudging me gently in the side.

“The fact that you just said hip totally proves me right,” Weiss said, laughing. Nadia joined in with Weiss’ contagious laughter.

“Oh, we can be fun,” I said, sitting up, not enjoying be called boring.

“Oh, really?” Weiss said. I didn’t like the evil grin playing at the edge of his mouth. “Would you be willing to prove this?” he asked.

Both Vaughn and I looked at eachother with the same nervous expression. “Weiss, we are not doing any of your stupid dares,” Vaughn stated for both of us.

“Hey, who said anything about stupid dares? These are mature and top quality dares.” The fact that he was taking this so seriously was slightly scary.

“I’m up for it!” I said, as my competitive nature began to kick in. Vaughn looked at me skeptically, knowing his friend better than me.

“Come on, Vaughn! One dare!” I whined, trying to get him to give in. I knew he would.

“Okay, but I have one major rule first,” he stated, looking directly at his friend with a serious expression.

“Well, that completely ruins the fun of a dare,” Weiss said, sulking.

“We have this rule or no dare at all!” Weiss seemed to notice Vaughn’s stubborn attitude and listened patiently, not looking too thrilled at the idea of this rule, though.

“There will be no disgusting or inappropriate dares that would involve putting Sydney and I in an awkward position. Got it?” Weiss groaned.

“Come on, man! Weird and awkward are what make a dare funny!”

Maybe I didn’t want to do this dare anymore. “Yeah, I agree with Vaughn. No weird or awkward situations.”

“Well, what exactly would you say is considered weird or awkward?”

“Oh god, we are so not doing this, Syd. He’s going to make us do something sick and twisted.”

“I want to hear the dare then I’ll decide if I’m going to do or not.”

“Nope, no way! You can’t do that. That’s cheating,” Nadia said, shaking her head at my comment. Eric looked over at her with a wide smile. “I think you and I are going to get along very well, Nadia.”

“Fine. Give us the stupid dare,” I told them. Vaughn started to protest, but stopped when he saw my face that indicated we would not do it if it was remotely weird or awkward.

“Fine,” Vaughn mumbled, sitting back.

Weiss tapped his chin with his finger looking dreadfully suspicious.

“Vaughn, I dare you to lick Sydney’s face,” Weiss said after a moment’s thinking.

“Dude, that’s sick! I am not licking Syd’s face,” he told Weiss, grimacing.

“Vaughn, come on,” I whined. He turned towards me with an extremely surprised expression on his face. “Syd, are you crazy? I can’t lick your face. I can’t believe you’re considering this!”

“Oh, come on, it’s one dare. We can’t give in.”

“So, you want to prove that we are not boring by me licking your face?”

“Exactly,” I said with a wide, mischievous grin.

“And you have no problem with this?”

“Vaughn, just lick my face.”

Without thinking, Vaughn licked my face straight from the bottom to the top, and immediately I burst out into a hysterical fit of laughter.

“Oh my god, I can’t believe you actually did it!” I said, whipping my face slightly with the back of my brown sweater.

“You told me to!” he protested, while both Nadia and Weiss laughed along with me.

“I’m sorry, I did, but don’t ever do that again, okay?”

Vaughn blushed slightly and sat back in the couch with his arms crossed over his chest. Both Nadia and Weiss were laughing loudly. “I can’t believe you guys actually did that! I didn’t think you had it in you,” Weiss told us, with a slight trace of pride in his voice.

I shook my head and turned towards Vaughn who was still sulking.

“Aw, my poor Vaughn is sad.” I said, putting my arm on his shoulder. He turned his head away from me, but I could see the smile playing at the corner of his mouth.

“I know you can’t ignore me, Vaughn,” I whispered into his ear. He turned his head further away, so I placed my head on his shoulder.

“Vaughn?” I said, making my irresistible puppy dog eyes at him. Slowly I watched as he turned towards me, and I could see as his face melted with happiness.

“How can I ignore my beautiful brown eyed girl?” he said, taping my nose gently, causing me to giggle.

“How is it that they go from boring, to being crazy, to be being insanely cute?” Nadia asked, breaking our moment.

Weiss shrugged his shoulders, and leaned slightly towards Nadia. “It’s Syd and Vaughn. They’re the definition of a perfect couple,” he told her as if he was revealing the biggest secret in the world. Nadia laughed softly under her breathe. Vaughn and I simply rolled our eyes, although secretly we did like to think we really were the embodiment of the perfect couple.

“Anyway, I’m think I might go for a short walk. It’s getting really stuffy in here, plus I should walk off all this pizza. Care to join me, Nadia?” It was easy to see that Weiss was flirting with her. I glanced over at my sister, not knowing how she would respond. She turned to look at me briefly. I nodded at her. There was no harm going for a walk with Weiss, plus I would appreciate the time alone with Vaughn. Nadia deserved to have a somewhat normal life before she started showing her pregnancy. Nadia and Weiss left the room talking in hushed tones. Vaughn and I looked at eachother with smiles, happy that the pair seemed to be getting along so well.

I turned my body around so I was looking at Vaughn, and crossed my leg that wasn’t broken under me. He smiled gently.

“So…”

“So…”

“Oh my god, we are boring!” I whined.

“Syd, I just licked your face. There’s no way that you can possibly call us boring.”

I laughed loudly. “I forgot about that.”

“Somebody has a bad memory.”

“No, I have a good memory,” I said proudly, sitting up slightly.

“Fine, you have an outstandingly amazing memory,” he responded, giving into me. He was finally learning that he would never win an argument, not with me.

“So, I have something to ask you,” he said.

“Oh, this sounds exciting. What is it?” I clapped my hands together and scooted closer to him so I was practically sitting in his lap.

“We need to get a picture of us. I don’t have any. I need one for my room.”

I remembered the silver picture frame I had found when I was sneaking in his room without permission, realizing this is what he wanted to ask me about. I smiled broadly, loving that he wanted to have a picture of us amongst his possessions. This simple act made me feel amazingly loved.

“I love you, you know that?” I said, stroking the side of his face.

“I’m guessing you think it’s a good idea then?”

“It’s a great idea. I want one for my room, too.”

“Well, of course you do. Who wouldn’t want a picture of beautiful me?”

“I smacked his upper arm teasingly. “No need to get cocky, Mr. Vaughn.” He grabbed my hand and pinned me down to the couch in a playful manner. I looked up at him with a large, dimpled smile.

“Sydney Anne, I did not appreciate the last comment you just made there, Missy.”

“Oh, we’re going for the middle name now, are we? Should I be scared?”

“Yes, we are, and you should be very scared.” He lowered himself closer to my body, but placed most of his weight on his own hands that were located next to my head. He hovered above me with a cheeky grin.

“And what exactly do you think you are doing, Mr. Vaughn?’

“What’s with this Mr. Vaughn stuff?”

I laughed quietly. “I like the way it sounds,” I whispered, playing with the hair at the back of his neck.

“And I like the way you say it, Ms. Bristow.” He lowered his lips so they were engaged with mine in a passionate kiss that we had no intention of breaking anytime soon, until we were interrupted.

“Although I do appreciate how close the two of you are and think it’s wonderful, I believe this may be a little too close.”

We both froze in mid kiss, opening our eyes with the same panicked expression reflecting in our eyes. Neither Vaughn nor I moved from our position on the couch, hoping that it wasn’t really Mia’s voice that we had just heard.

“That usually means that you should probably be moving now.” Vaughn and I both sighed slightly, noticing the somewhat amused tone of Mia’s voice. Vaughn removed himself from on top of me and helped me up to a sitting position.

Mia stood before us, dressed in a business suit with some of her paintings in her one hand and her other hand resting on her hip.

“I believe that I am able to trust you both fully in this house alone, am I right?” she said sternly.

We both nodded. “Nadia and Weiss are over anyway, mom, they’ll be back soon.”

She nodded while walking into the kitchen, grabbing a carton of ice cream, kicking off her heels, and plopping onto the couch with a loud sigh.

“What a way to come home,” she sighed while putting a heaping scoop of ice cream into her mouth, breaking the tense atmosphere. Vaughn and I laughed and looked at eachother with the same amused eyes that expressed a thousand words of love.

I"m not going to lie to you guys, I haven't really been wiritng this fic since when I last posted, like I said I would. However, by wriitng this chapter and re-reading some past chapters, I have gained some interest in the story, so hopefully the next chapter won't have such a large gap within it.

Oh, and I also find this funny, and think that I should point it out. When I first posted this story, in the author's note I said this fic would probably only end up lasting 10 chapters. What are we on, 31 or something which is like 203 pages on Microsoft Word with size 12 font :blink: ? Just thought that was slightly ammusing :rolleyes:

This is my current PM list. I have a feeling it might be missing some people. Let me know if you want to be on it.

PM List
emetib17
saila_02
Faye Vaughn
tunita
fire*N*ice
derevkointraining
AliasSydney502
Vaughn-a-holic!439
sand2604
Syd&Vaughn4eva
secret_agent_angel
SpygirlAmy
Chicketepee
Fieldstation
Hannahb
Catpin
aliasfan212
Kate_14
ams4alias
Alias79
xMountineer02300844x
syd-157
mnkdance963
angels_fire_88
farliieansds225
pansarah1
sydneymicheal
amlynac
secret_agent_angel
loane
stealthy
6helterskelter6
ambre
gtwallichs
funkymonkey
ChrisM
Freelancer7315
Texasalias2004
Vaughn4eva24
Syd_Vaughn
laura_vaughn
NadiaSantosFan
SydneyVaughn47
Phoenix shotgun 47
Alias lover 818
Jadeygirl
Michael_Vartan_Hottie
Silvinha
Angel
Shakekelly98
SuperDuck123
SpyChic16
apofieldagentnadiasantos

aw, that was soooo cute.
michael licked syd's face. lol.
i'm glad nadia and weiss seem to like each other.
i luv that michael wanted a picture of them...
lol, love mia.
awesome update. :D
thanks for the pm and please update again soon.

~Kay ^_^

First of all, I think Sydney and Vaughn need to pose a dare to Eric.

Second, I wasn't at all surprise the two of them would be caught. Al least it was Mia and not Syd's mom.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Oh, and I also find this funny, and think that I should point it out. When I first posted this story, in the author's note I said this fic would probably only end up lasting 10 chapters. What are we on, 31 or something which is like 203 pages on Microsoft Word with size 12 font ? Just thought that was slightly ammusing
thats soo cool!! i love this fic
i am soo glad you updated tonight b/c i reallly really needed the distraction! and i love this fic anways
i hope you had a great valentines day!
-laura
:smiley:

:woot: YAY i am so happy to see an update!! I really do love this fic! and thanks for adding me to the PM list! i am glad to see that you have some new ideas for this fic and i cant wait to see what they are!

Hi, people. Just wanted to give you an update on the fic since it seems people have been replying recently. I literally have no time to write right now. I am just starting exams tomorrow (should probably go study some more :blush: ), and I just finished my end of the semester projects and assignments. Once everything is all done and I actually feel like I can breathe again I'll start updating. Next semester is my hard semester, though, so I don't know how frequent updates will be. I have sceince, math, art (when you suck at drawing it's hard), and englsih. Wonderful, right :rolleyes: ? Anyway, I'll try getting back soon, so don't worry. Just hang tight :D

Aw i understand the no time to write thing, college tends to get in the way lol, i hope you did good on your exams!! and got to study more for them (i should be studying for my anatomy test tomorrow :angelic: LOL) Good luck with school!!

Aww that was awesome!
Im so thrilled you finally updated! :love:
that Syd/Vaughn kiss was so great. :sigh: :love:

thanks for the valentines day gift. :blush:

please please update soon!

Zoe

HOW FRIKEN AWESOME
YOU ACTUALLY Updated
thats soo cool
yayay

oh yer and the chap was cool to
love neiss
i hope weiss sticks around

Loved the update...
Vaughn and Syd are too cute...
Wonder what Nadia and Weiss will be talking about on their walk...
I love Mia, she is hilarious.
thanks for the pm.

Yeay! I am so happy that you updated. I really really love this story. The chemistry between Syd and Vaughn are so perfect.
Wonder what's gonna happen with Nadia and Weiss. Please update soon!!!

that was a good chap
loved the dare
halarious i laughed so much
syd and vaughn are so cute
mia handled that so well
i woulda freaked if that was me....
.....oh
and sorry for plying so late
i understand ya when ya got no time and always doing work and exams
same with me
thanks for the pm
~VJ~!