World of Elanthia GM Position

As all of you have noticed unfortunately the GM that was going to conduct the World of Elanthia mud is not able to do so. Before we completely get rid of it we wanted to see if anyone in the community would be up for the gm spot.

First of all, you don't have to be a professional with previous GMing/Mud experience to do the job. Really the most important aspect is that you have a creative imagination and can put a couple hours a week into the game and you want to have fun!

So if you have any want or desire to do the gm spot send Navarre a pm or reply to this post and we'll contact you so we can get this going again and let some of you have a more enjoyable experience on the forums.

Btw if you decide you want to gm the game you can run it the way you want meaning you don't have to pick up where aestoria left off but if you wanted you could start anew.

Thanks ahead of time to any of you that are thinking about it.

I personally love GMing, but I just don't have the time to do both a p&p game and an online one. Though I really hope we do find someone, my arrow never even completed its flight.

Out of curiosity- do you know what happened to the original GM? I thought it was strange the way he cut out with no warning or word, but people insisted that it was just the overwhelming holidays. I never really bought into that argument and since my doubts proved to be true I'm just curious as to why it was so.

The thing that confused me most is that s/he was EXTREMELY good at what they were doing, taking a lot of care, and obviously had an open schedule (or why else take on the role?), and after an initial 24-48hr flurry, the whole thing just tanked, like the GM had dropped dead or something. It was most peculiar.

I must agree, they were great. Anyone trying to fill those shoes will have a hell of a time... Yeah, I'd like to know what happened as well, but if it's a personal matter, I won't pry.

Aestoria GM (a.k.a. - 'Shadow001') seems to have a habit of doing that. He appears for a couple of days, very intently, then disappears for months. I'm sure he will be back, but we need to make other permanent arrangements at this point. :|

Aestoria GM (a.k.a. - 'Shadow_001') seems to have a habit of doing that. He appears for a couple of days, very intently, then disappears for months.
What a shame. What a crying shame. He had such passion and talent (and it seemed, interest) for it, but I guess passion is no good if you're just going to do it in micro-bursts.

We have a victim... er... volunteer!

Our beloved Kuzzle has stepped up and decided to try his luck at breathing new life into the WoE project. I am working with him to get him started. Go easy on him and give him a chance to get into the swing of things. You will be hearing from him over in the WoE forum soon. All elements will be up to him, so he will inform you of any changes and when/if he will be ready to take on more adventurers.

Three cheers for bored people stranded in Alaska!
Thank you!

Seriously though, I promise I'll go easy and be entirely supportive.

I've been thinking about applying, but I'm not so sure I would be very reliable. I've got the literary skills and imagination, but I have no techinal skill whatsoever.

I've been thinking about applying, but I'm not so sure I would be very reliable. I've got the literary skills and imagination, but I have no techinal skill whatsoever.

Talk with kuzzle if you want, since he's going to be heading it up, 2 heads are better then 1.

And ya Nav been about a month or 2 lol. Didn't want to scare ya anymore. But it is made just working on details lol.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge..

er.. sorry.. it was stuck in my head...

But way to go Kuzzle, we'll try to be nice :smiley:

And I'll try to display some sort of skill. :| I've got the system down for the most part, and now I just need to work on the current events and such. It'd be easier if there was some sort of Elanthia Timeline... Anyway, you can expect things to get started within the next couple days. Sorry that I'm not being super quick about this, but I figure it's better to take my time and get it right, than to rush and mess it all up.

Take all the time you need. We've waited this long for the game to start back up, we can certainly wait a few more days for a better quality product.

Back