Season 4 Sydney and Vaughn

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Okay, I'm as big a Syd/Vaughn shipper as anybody. I've wanted them to be together since the very first episode of Season 1. And last season was pure torture watching them yearn for each other without any way to be together. So WHY am I feeling sort of let down after they're finally together?

It's not even just the sex scene that was too fast (although it was), but it's the fact that Syd and Vaughn seem to be already in the middle of the same serious relationship that they were at the end of Season 2. Vaughn's just walking into Syd's apartment with a bag of groceries? Maybe it was just a date, but it felt like an established thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that...Vaughn doesn't really deserve to get back in that fast. After some of things he did last season, he should have to do a little wooing, shouldn't he? And not only that, but don't we, the audience, deserve to see the build-up of the relationship again (which is really the fun part, if you think about it) instead of just the accomplished fact? I was thinking it would be a bit more tentative, a little more like starting over. Maybe it will, and this was only a teaser before things get harder again.

So, does anybody else think it was better this way? Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. I did love the hug at the end - I wish it had been the *only* intimate scene for this ep.

i am just as let down as you...

AND i can't quite figure out why...

there's not the same trust...

it's like there are two different stories...

i mean, they JUMP into bed, and she doesn't talk to him, and yet they are practically living together...

oh, i am so confused...

From the beginning, I said I would hate it if Syd just pretty much jumped his bones right away. I mean, I wanted Vaughn to not get off easy for the felgercarb he pulled, but honestly, as a non-S/V shipper, I'm happy there wasn't a build up.

Them getting back together is inevitable. I think last season all the tension between the two of them irritated the felgercarb out of shippers and non-shippers alike. To do all of that again, knowing nothing was standing in the way except for last season's issues, would have been maddening.

Not to mention, Reunited!SpySex is over. Once it was over, I didn't get the impression that their relationship is going to be in our face as much either, which is a relief to me. Then again, that might be too soon to call. :lol: ;)

At first, I was thrilled with the spysex just because I've been starved for some action ( :lol: ). But upon reflection, you're totally right, Azelea (surprise surprise).

I wanted to see some sweetness on Vaughn's part. Syd should have made him work a little harder, instead of instantly forgiving him. Some good old fashioned wooing is totally called for here.

What's rather interesting is that JG and MV also don't have the same chemistry, which make the whole WOOSH!spysex even weirder. I like that they are together, but it is so much more weird now.

I kinda wish they had waited, but they probably would have dragged out any build up way to long, so maybe it's better this way. As nice as the spysex is, I wanna see some more flirting.

I think that the point was Syd and Vaughn were supposed to have realised that they did the wrong thing. They had meaningless sex like some drunks would. They don't love even each other yet.

I theorise that we are supposed to see that Sydney has poor judgment about those she loves. It serves as a contrast about how she is always correct in her missions.

Now when Syd and Will had sex, that was something that they both wanted for years. The only thing wrong was their timing since Will had to go back into the witness protection program. Yes, I am a Syd & Will shipper. ;)

Jg & MV still have the smae chemistry as always. I wasn't dissapointed they got together I'm huge hardcore SV shipper. it seemed a little rushed and I think after they had sex they realised that I think next week 's ep with be better for them. and Syd and Vaughn still love each I don't know where this they don't even love each other yet felgercarb is coming from. I loved all the hugs they had. I think the next ep will be way better for their relationshp than the premiere was. and the sex wasn't meaningless it was rushed. It was a heat of the moment thing.

ok heres my thing with this:
first before we start i have to point out that i am and aways will be a HUGE s/v shipper

ok the scene where vaughn comes to the door and asks if he can come in... that scene to me was PERFECTION! i mean seriously (y) i thought it was great
it was perfetly angsty and it was 100% correct they needed to go slow

ok then we go to the train scene where vaughn saves syd - ok i totally expected a kiss here but then ok randomly they're in bed - it was not only too soon but it was just soooooooo odd... like you could totally tell it was just purely about them having sex with eachother just to have sex - if that made sense...
and then the random SO RANDOM convo about wittenburg afterwords... and syd seemed just pissed off that they did that...
so i thought she was gonna be all 'vaughn we did this too fast blah blah blah'

but nooooooooooo then vaughn just comes walking into the apt with groceries... :blink:
now i think she was waiting for him but it was again random - like he just shows up....

now the hug at the end was cute and so was him hugging her after she said jack killed irina but....
i dunno...
i just hope it gets better

It was TOO FAST.... I had hoped that wasn't going to be the case.... I LOVED Vaughn coming to the door saying "I missed you"... that was perfect.... and then all of a sudden we're seeing spysex?.... :wtf: I wanted episode after episode of that old S/V tension from season 1 and first part of season 2.... :angry:

Vartanbabe said:
I wasn't dissapointed they got together I'm huge hardcore SV shipper. it seemed a little rushed and I think after they had sex they realised that I think next week 's ep with be better for them. and Syd and Vaughn still love each I don't know where this they don't even love each other yet felgercarb is coming from. I loved all the hugs they had. I think the next ep will be way better for their relationshp than the premiere was. and the sex wasn't meaningless it was rushed. It was a heat of the moment thing.
[post="1146941"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

See, I really did luurve the whole S/V spy!sex. I just felt that it was different and rushed. Next week's episode would be better. I think another reason it is weird to me is that I was not really a S/V shipper from the middle of the 3rd season to about a month and a half. But spy!sex!

Before people start theorizing about how the chemistry is weird between JG and MV now because they broke up, you should probably consider the fact that things are weird between them because they're SUPPOSED to be weird. Vaughn hasn't dealt fully with his betrayal by Lauren yet, so he's not going to be able to completely connect with Syd for awhile. That's not chemistry - that's acting. He's supposed to be behaving weirdly. It's apparently going to be one of the major story arcs this season - dealing with Lauren. I'm already tired of hearing about how the breakup is the reason things feel different. :rolleyes:

I'm worried that they just threw that sex in there to make people happy. I mean, was there any plot significance? Not really. But fans had been demanding that all of last season, so I'm thinking that they just wanted to make us happy. I don't know...I really don't think it worked...

I think it was suppose to be weird between S/V. All of last year they showed
near kisses and longing looks. I for one did not want to spend the next
fours months hearing them saying we should wait. Now that the three year sex wait is over for them. They both can move on . Who knows maybe JJ will make you shippers happy with a real love scence .

Vaughn just walking in with the grocories wasn't that strange to me.
These two people were involved before. We are long pass the days of him
asking to use her shower. Now that they have a Angel/Buffy writer who
esle knows how to tortue a couple better than those guys.

I watched Buffy in the beginning. Angel/Buffy had major problems.
Heck Buffy killed the guy and he went to hell and back.

If JJ wants S/V together I would not worry to much about it. Lauren
did alot of damage to my Vaughn.

Are there rumors again about syd falling in love with a bad guy?

Wow I can't believe how seriously some of you take this!!

It wasn't rushed. Fact is, Sydney and Vaughn wanted to have sex ALL OF LAST SEASON, but they couldn't. And if you were a CIA spy Alias-style you too would take things at a faster pace. Their lives are complicated and fast in every way.

Vaughn saved Sydney's life in the train. They came close together and right then and there you knew it was all over - they were gonna get laid! I just don't see why you'd think this is rushed - what the hell is the big deal, do you really think Sydney WANTS to take things slow???

Plus, this way it's better because things will get more complicated between them faster, and that equals more and better drama. And, remember, all love relationships still remain a minor story on the show.

Get over it.

Okay, I'm as big a Syd/Vaughn shipper as anybody. I've wanted them to be together since the very first episode of Season 1. And last season was pure torture watching them yearn for each other without any way to be together. So WHY am I feeling sort of let down after they're finally together?

Oh My Goodness!!! I don't know if I could say it any better.
I mean Syd and Vaughn are deffinatly not your average couple (giving their history) So yeah it's really weird to see them in this relationship the way they are. Especially since we are so use to see them have all this tension and just plain weird, awkwardness. I was the one person waiting for S4 to come just because I missed Syd and Vaughn (together) so much. But now it's so weird. It was almost like they're married or something, with Vaughn and his bag of groceries just humming on in to Syd's! lol

Azalea said:
Before people start theorizing about how the chemistry is weird between JG and MV now because they broke up, you should probably consider the fact that things are weird between them because they're SUPPOSED to be weird.  Vaughn hasn't dealt fully with his betrayal by Lauren yet, so he's not going to be able to completely connect with Syd for awhile.  That's not chemistry - that's acting.  He's supposed to be behaving weirdly.  It's apparently going to be one of the major story arcs this season - dealing with Lauren.  I'm already tired of hearing about how the breakup is the reason things feel different. :rolleyes:
[post="1147243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That is true. I got a bit too influenced by a fellow Alias fan at school, that it would be weird for S/V action because of JG and MV. But that is not true. There will always be that chemistry. It was weird since it has been a short time that Lauren has been gone, as well as Syd's own issues. But their love will grow again, just gradually. It will grow more passionate than ever before.

ivand67 said:
It wasn't rushed. Fact is, Sydney and Vaughn wanted to have sex ALL OF LAST SEASON, but they couldn't. And if you were a CIA spy Alias-style you too would take things at a faster pace. Their lives are complicated and fast in every way.

Vaughn saved Sydney's life in the train. They came close together and right then and there you knew it was all over - they were gonna get laid! I just don't see why you'd think this is rushed - what the hell is the big deal, do you really think Sydney WANTS to take things slow???
[post="1147331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's true. The more I think about it, it does not seem as rushed. It shows how much Syd and Vaughn wanted to be together, the passion building up.

No, I don't think taking it slow is an option, after spending 3 years without long periods of actual passion.

Back