Season 4 Sydney and Vaughn

Azalea said:
Okay, I'm as big a Syd/Vaughn shipper as anybody.  I've wanted them to be together since the very first episode of Season 1.  And last season was pure torture watching them yearn for each other without any way to be together.  So WHY am I feeling sort of let down after they're finally together?

It's not even just the sex scene that was too fast (although it was), but it's the fact that Syd and Vaughn seem to be already in the middle of the same serious relationship that they were at the end of Season 2.  Vaughn's just walking into Syd's apartment with a bag of groceries?  Maybe it was just a date, but it felt like an established thing. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that...Vaughn doesn't really deserve to get back in that fast.  After some of things he did last season, he should have to do a little wooing, shouldn't he?  And not only that, but don't we, the audience, deserve to see the build-up of the relationship again (which is really the fun part, if you think about it) instead of just the accomplished fact?  I was thinking it would be a bit more tentative, a little more like starting over.  Maybe it will, and this was only a teaser before things get harder again. 

So, does anybody else think it was better this way?  Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.  I did love the hug at the end - I wish it had been the *only* intimate scene for this ep.
[post="1146588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think the sex was too fast (see reply to ivand) but I did think the grocery thing and supposed living togehter was rushed yes. Sex in the heat of a moment is one thing but spending every minute together is another. And the hugs were soooooooo good! (y)

oh and erm yes he doesn't deserve her back - but i have forgiven him so I'm kinda glad Syd has cos we can when he said forgetting the last year exsited would be a good idea I couldn't help but agree - and spy sex if it means he's forgiven means I can forget what a character assasination they put vaughn through last year and he can go back to being a good guy instead of a spineless wimp.

hotpot said:
Not to mention, Reunited!SpySex is over. Once it was over, I didn't get the impression that their relationship is going to be in our face as much either, which is a relief to me. Then again, that might be too soon to call. :lol: ;)
[post="1146598"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think they did it quick to introduce new fans to the S/V relationship intensity - in a few episodes they will have fallen out - or Will will return and make things awkward - or something will happen - I don't think it's gonna just be like season two second half - I hope not anyway. Vaughn still has to prove he's worthy IMO. Although I suprised myself how quickly I forgave him for last season. :blush:

Azalea said:
I'm already tired of hearing about how the breakup is the reason things feel different. :rolleyes:
[post="1147243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
me too :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - I thought they had fantastic chemisty (y) very professional.

ivand67 said:
Vaughn saved Sydney's life in the train. They came close together and right then and there you knew it was all over - they were gonna get laid! I just don't see why you'd think this is rushed - what the hell is the big deal, do you really think Sydney WANTS to take things slow???
[post="1147331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

although I am not happy about the way you say It I actually agree with you - we know from last season finale that they kissed after lauren died - we learned Vaughn had been away in theraly - we learned he had been calling her when he visited - a perfect begging to be with her scene - sha said she wanted to tak it slow - but she's just saying that so she doesn't get hurt - we ALL know she just wanted to jump his bones (as suzi so sweetly put it :lol) - I certainly did - so they both almost die - syd escpecially hanging out of the train and he saves her - its a fairly high emotion thing so they probably thought well screw it do we really wanna almost die whilst denying ourselves the one thing we both really want - erm no. Hence spysex was quick!! (y)

I am just glad they are back on track - lauren was a complete nightmare and ruined the relationship between our leading lovers. may she rest in peace!! 🐟

I'm now thinking one of the reasons I thought the sex was too fast is that I was confused about the timeline. Everybody seems to be assuming that they jumped into bed after they got back home from the train rescue. If that's the case, it makes a lot more sense and seems a lot more natural. But I thought when I first watched it that the train scene happened after the sex, because when they were in bed, they were wearing the same things they were when Vaughn came to the door and Syd said they should take it slow - almost like the sex scene was a flashback.

So..when Vaughn came to the door, was that after the train incident too? Or was that a different night? If so, why was Syd wearing the same shirt when they were in bed? This jumping around from present to past on the show really confuses me. :blink:

So..when Vaughn came to the door, was that after the train incident too? Or was that a different night? If so, why was Syd wearing the same shirt when they were in bed? This jumping around from present to past on the show really confuses me.
Lazy editing. I was in the CAVoLRs thread at sd-1 and Jinnie reported that spysex was originally supposed to take place after the whole "We should take it slow" scene. Which is why Syd is wearing the same tank in the sex scene that she is wearing in the apartment scene. But obviously that changed for whatever reason. I guess they thought fans wouldn't notice!

angel_audie said:
Lazy editing.  I was in the CAVoLRs thread at sd-1 and Jinnie reported that spysex was originally supposed to take place after the whole "We should take it slow" scene.  Which is why Syd is wearing the same tank in the sex scene that she is wearing in the apartment scene.  But obviously that changed for whatever reason.  I guess they thought fans wouldn't notice!
[post="1148159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ahhh...Now it makes a LOT more sense. Thank you. But the writers are insane to think that fans wouldn't notice something like that....Don't they know how obsessive and detail-oriented we are? Although I can understand them not wanting to make her put on a different-colored shirt and shoot the scene again. I guess we can just assume that Syd doesn't always do laundry every day, the same as the rest of us. ^_^

i think that them getting back together so soon is going to have repercussions in the season. i'm not any kind of shipper anymore. i kinda just go with whatever, but i think a story line will arise with problems between sydney and vaughn and their quick reconciling.

I don't think that in the whole spectrum of things (seasons 1-3) that Syd and Vaughn moved too fast at all. I mean they worked to bring down SD-6 so that they could be together, they pined for each other all of last season, and they have been in love since season 2. If you figure in all of the little stolen moments that they have had, the whole idea of them getting back together so quickly really isn't that odd of an idea. They wanted to be together, now they can be, so they are.

The "I miss you" scene was absolutely perfect! It was reminscent of the first 2 seasons. :jump:

Azalea said:
  I guess we can just assume that Syd doesn't always do laundry every day, the same as the rest of us.  ^_^
[post="1148175"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:rotflmao:

good point Azy - I mean she can hardly have time for laundrt right. :P

but yeah as far as time line - I thought he came round and asked to come in and she said no - they went on the train mission - he saved her - they went back to LA and had sex.

but i also read the thing jinnie had in her LJ about the sex scene being longer and not after the mission so you are probably right to be confused since originally perhaps it was right after the door scene. :smiley:

I still think the sex is just lulling us into a false sense of security - they'll be back at each others throats soon! :lol: i cannot wait until Will shows up for some nice awkward scenes!!!!! :smiley:

I think the reason why some people felt the scene of Vaughn and Syd together was a little "off" is because of the editing. From what I've read, that scene was supposed to happen right after he knocked on her door and she said they would "take it slow" - if you notice,Syd is wearing the same clothes in both scenes and Vaughn mentions something about the mission to Belarus as though they hadn't completed the mission yet. I just think there was some sloppy editing.

Personally, I think that JJ got them together so soon for a few reasons..1) after last season of them not being together and knowing how alot of fans felt about that, he thought it would be best to get it out of the way. 2) It sets up their relationship for the rest of the season - you know they still care about each other but they both definitely have issues to resolve.

I'm a huge shipper and as much as I liked the scene of them together, my fave scene is the one of them on the train when the U2 song starts playing and they just look at each other...that blew me away. I think it would have made more sense to have them "get together" first and then have the scene on the train. Just my humble opinion.

Hey I was just as confused as the rest of you with the editing. At first I thought the sex scene was a flashback to before the mission on the train and then I realized that they had probably originally planned for it to occur before and then they changed their minds during editing and decided to use the incredible scene where he saves her as a lead in to the spy sex. Anyway, I thought it was a little fast too, but under the circumstances it made sense. It was like, "wait a second we could die any day on this job, what are we waiting for?"

As for the scene with the groceries - I don't think we were supposed to believe that they are living together, rather, that there is enough history there already that they are way beyond formalities. Besides if anybody deserves to have a key to her apartment, Vaughn does. This is not to say that there are not issues to be worked out but it is good to see that they are not going to go back and act like they just met. That would not do their complicated history justice at all.

I also thought the scene in the doorway when he said "I miss you..." (etc.) was perfect. I loved the way she half interrupted him and said, "It's okay," when he started to explain why he just stopped by. The timing of the whole scene was right on.

Anyway, I'm excited to see where they are going to go with it.

yeah something was off in the editing, the v/s scenes seemed really fast, there was no conversation between them

but i love the "i miss you" scene because i love how vaughn was trying to seduce syd :lol:

but i'm not complaining! i love v/s and i want them to be together for ever :D

I didn't read all the replies so if someone else already said this sorry...
In my opinion the sex scene fit perfectly. We all know they said they wanted to take things slow, but the sex scene i think was more about reafiming life. You know how some people say that after a tragedy are a near tragedy they want to be close to another human bing to prove that they are all right...well you can't get much closer than having sex with someone. I mean i think the sex was after he saved her life right...So it was all tha adrenaline and stuff. Anyway whether it was rusehd or not I am glad they were together it's been so long. Any time S/V are togehter like that I am glad after S3.

Don't get me wrong I want Syd and Vaughn bac as much as the next obsessed s/v shipper, but as people have said it just seemed weird somehow. I mean I wanted them to get back together but not just for the two of them to jump back into bed like nothing has happened. I would have liked it to take at least a little long for them to sort out there issues.
But atleast now we won't have to wait half a season to see them back together which is definately a good thing.
Also I agree the sex scene was really weirdly edited and really fast.

In my opinion the sex scene fit perfectly. We all know they said they wanted to take things slow, but the sex scene i think was more about reafiming life. You know how some people say that after a tragedy are a near tragedy they want to be close to another human bing to prove that they are all right...well you can't get much closer than having sex with someone. I mean i think the sex was after he saved her life right...So it was all tha adrenaline and stuff. Anyway whether it was rusehd or not I am glad they were together it's been so long. Any time S/V are togehter like that I am glad after S3.

Ditto! Them having sex was more real life than not especially after a one of them nearly lost their live but was saved by the other. It was an act of reaffirming life more than just them just deciding they are going to just hop back into bed. Think about how both of them reacted after. Apparently Syd had put Vaughn off for some time and I think that would have continued if it had not been for the near tragedy. I know that they are going to have some bumps and knocks to get through but I just hope that in the end they are together.

I thought that too. I mean, I'm glad they are together but you are right they seemed really established and they are acting like the last 3 years didn't happen. They are acting as if Lauren wasn't even his wife for two years ya know? I just didn't like how Syd let him in that easily. I mean I know she missed him which I would too so im not gonna be too critical but for the fans JJ should have done a build-up.

i agree that the spysex was just too short. we waited for an entire last season nd then for another 9 months for that? there was absolutely no passion at all. i mean u would think that , for them, they had spent nearly 3 years apart, that there would have been a little more heat?!! i hope there are more scenes of them in the future that does not have the same level of intimacy as a brother nd sister would have!!

does any one else thinkthere should be more angst between them? (if someone has said this already, sorry, i didn't read all the previous replies..) i am a total s/v shipper through and through, but.. i have to say i did like the angst between them in season 3 (especially at the beginning... the "i am horrible, Vaughn..." speech is one of my favorite moments). but they pretty much just got back to where they were at the end of season 2 and i'm wondering what happened to Sydney's thoughts about taking things slow... they just seemed to disappear and i think it was pointless explaining those feelings if she just went and disregarded them!

Back