Season 3 Sydney and Vaughn relationship

i dont think it's so much that they want to keep them apart, they just wanted to keep vaughn with lauren. he was her only in to the CIA. it's not is if he dumped her for syd, she could have ran to marshall or weiss or something.

the cia has nothing to do with them being apart right now...theres the small problem that vaughn is married to an evil woman whose part of the covanent...

I agree with MVhunny, in that Lauren is a big deterrant for Syd 'n Vaughn... But I also think it's that their relationship has changed. A lot. I know Vaughn had that quote about "some things change, but some things don't" but I really disagree with that. Yeah, I think they still love each other but, even in the last eppy, they act all weird and awkward towards each other- those little, "I''m-not-sure" looks they always exchange.

I think they've got a big, big rift between them. And before they fall back to where they were (if ever), they need to fix it.

yah dita i also agree! there relationship has def changed, and even after lauren has gone away, i dont think it will be as easy for them to jump right back into their relationship.

yeah i wondered about this a lot around the time of full disclosure - cos if Lauren was simply sent as a detterent in case syd defected back to her old life then laurens job is done - fair enough the reasons why vaughn was used (his grief for syd making him an easy target, his connection to syd and therefore rambalid, his position in the CIA etc) BUT i can't help but think there is in fact more to it than that - thatVaughn is somehow comnnected to all the rambaldi stuff somehow..............i just don't believe it can all be about syd - i mean how do the covenant know how much s/v are in love - they were only together for a bit b4 her 'death'.
this tpoic is a thinker!

The thing is Vaughn was not in the CIA when he met and "married" Lauren...but she was with the NSC and helping with Sloan's pardon (remember he was a French Professor at this point having left the CIA because of Sydney's death). In the episode where Syd learns about her 2 missing years (forget the name) and she comes back to see Vaughn and he is with Lauren the bald headed guy is there watching Vaughn and Lauren. SO I do think that part of the reason Lauren initially went after Vaughn was because of his connection to Sydney. Anyway I have lots of theories in this area :smiley:

:P I totaly agree,maybe lauren was sent after vaughn cause of there conection! :angelic:
i totaly think they r mad 4 eachother! :redhair: :woot:

I also want them together, but it would seem very strange, if from one day to another, Syd forgives Vaughn, for all he has done to her, and then they sleep together ... there are some issues that need to be resolved between them two ...

Syd should respect herslef, before jumping into bed with Vaughn after he divorces Lauren ... ;)

cia said:
:P I totaly agree,maybe lauren was sent after vaughn cause of there conection! :angelic:
i totaly think they r mad 4 eachother! :redhair: :woot:
yah there must be something there...OK I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL...more later...

Since Vaughn was not in the cia at that point maybe Lauren convinced him to go back. Even still suductress or not (which I think they could have done better !) Vaughn had like no will power ? I think of 2 years , it usually takes that long for people to gt engaged or more so Vaughn waqs like oh I'm so sad I'll die, enter Lauren, ooo ahhhhhh and then wedding bells. Way too quick, and so sad for Syd !

its so sad that they have to be appart - but i dont think the covenant necessarily wanted them apart - i think they just had lauren take advantage of vaughn's vulnerablility after syds 'death'

I think Lauren was sent in to keep Sydney away from Vaughn (for whatever reason, probably tied into whatever they had her doing in the missing two years.) They also made sure the other important person in her life - Jack - was equally unavailable. But it is difficult to imagine it happening since Lauren hardly seems very cunning and there is obviously no chemistry between them at all. Unfortunately it only makes Vaughn seem weaker that he rebounded with someone so...bland! :confused:

Back