Politics The Draft

Should girls get drafted?

• Yes both guys and girls must be drafted to be fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No its only a guy thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With all the talk about the draft some people feel it should be fair. But it has always been a guy thing. But there is one things guys can't do and thats to give labor to a live human, such as women can. So all I want is peoples view on it.

**NOTE** The draft is not geting started REPEAT THE DRAFT IS NOT IN AFFECT**

Thank-you for your time

I don't think the draft will ever be reinstated. It would hurt to many politicians.

I did vote for both males and females to be drafted if needed.

I would go if my country needed me, but I don't think they would want me.

I don't think it will be reinstated either.... the draft is so out-dated.... it was used in a time where the woman stayed home and took care of the children.... and things have obviously changed since then... woman work and want equal rights as men so in that case if the draft ever happened again (which I don't think it will), woman should be drafted as well. ;)

In Germany every boy gets drafted!
It´s a obligation! (n)
I think we (the Germans) should handle it like the Americans!
And if they don´t decide to abolish draft they should at least establish equality in that matter!

Muse

P.S.: Peace!

My father was conscripted to Vietnam, and I think that this is the most awful, horrible, terrible, cruel (have I used enough adjectives?!) thing anybody could do. If a president or prime minister wants to reinstate this policy, they should be the first people to sign up. And then their sons. And then their nephews. Nobody should be told they have to go to war or be put in prison. It is just wrong. My father fought in 1968 and 1969, watched friends being blown up, was forced to kill people, and all these years later, he is still suffering the effects of it. He was too young to vote, but the prime minister thought he was old enough to fight. He didn't even get a say about whether he thought conscription was a good thing.

I think it was an interesting point made that if a man wants a child, a woman must go through agony for him. And believe me, I think that is about the biggest and most horrible burden anybody in this world has.
Maybe men should start having babies, women can be conscripted, and we will all be equal!! :lol: :lol:

German Muse said:
In Germany every boy gets drafted!
It´s a obligation!  (n)
I think we (the Germans) should handle it like the Americans

[post="1011922"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, but in germany they can refuse to go to the Federal Armed Forces and make social things. The boys are obliged to do one one these things, but they don't have to got to the
Federal Armed Forces.

The brother of a friend of mine chose civilian service and drove handicapped people to school or to work. But he never had to use a gun or something like that.

Tanja87 said:
Well, but in germany they can refuse to go to the  Federal Armed Forces and make social things. The boys are obliged to do one one these things, but they don't have to got to the
Federal Armed Forces.
[post="1012453"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But they have to make a choice!
For me it´s the same! I think they don´t have the choice yes or no draft!
There´s is no freedom in that it´s an obligation!
You can choose what you will do after school, they have to choose draft or social work! It´s just not fair!
Sorry, but that whole thing is driving me crazy!
The best would be if there would be no need for military!
Peace!

Muse

Ophelia said:
Only if the Bush twins are first in line.  <_<
[post="1013296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think it's really about rights though I voted women and men, I didn't really like the whole its a guy thing only option -_- But I DON'T WANT TO BE DRAFTED...EVER. If everyone got drafted and someone had kids....who would watch the kids? Ya you could have a place for them to go, but I'd feel bad for those kids...thank god for not having the draft still.

Ophelia said:
Only if the Bush twins are first in line.  <_<
[post="1013296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree that is the only way I would go if the they go but you know daddy wouldn't let that happen even through if the draft would get started they say rich poor you are going you know damn straight Bush would pay all the money sell all his oil to keep those two out and that's not fair. :angry:

Melissa
:blink:

Nobody should be forced to go to war. And that's that.

There's a difference between the compulsory military service many countries have, and actually being conscripted to go to war and kill and possibly be killed. Nobody in our generations has had to live through that, as the last major event where it took place was in Vietnam in the 60s and early 70s.

I have very close ties to the war veteran community through my father and through a series of writings I have had published about the Vietnam War. I have seen how lives were destroyed by conscription.

I know the question is about whether women should go, but I feel so strongly about conscription that I think nobody should go at all. :angry:

People should not be forced to kill another human being whether it even be in war, or put their lives on the line. Granted most people do it for their country and dir for their country and are heros, but some people want to live life the fullest. Most soldiers that go in war don't come back. I would perfer to not be drafter....EVER! ^_^

*pops head in* Hey guys! :smiley: Yeah I agree -- I don't think the draft will ever come back, unless a country declares war on us, which prolly won't happen for along long time if at all. But I voted that yes, if there was one, both females and males should be drafted. It is not like being drafted means you will automatically be handed a rifle. You can work on military analysis and in other jobs supporting the war effort, as well. I also voted this way because if I were ever called to serve I would be honored to do so. And I'm a gal! :smiley:

I don't believe in the draft. I'd never fight for a war I don't believe in, such as the Iraq war. If there was a draft then I do believe females should be drafted. Why should only one sex be drafted? That's the only fair way. But like I said I would completely be opposed to a draft.

Back