Politics The Draft

Should girls get drafted?

• Yes both guys and girls must be drafted to be fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No its only a guy thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My father served 2 years in Vietnam. He was in the Signal Corps. And the way the soldiers were treated when they got back makes me sick. It's not fair to them.
When my father was there, all the protestors back home were blocking the seaports so that food and supplies couldn't get through to the troops. I still can't believe people could do that to their own soldiers. It is sickening. Nobody ever apologised. Australia's 'welcome home' parade was in 1987 - a little bit late wouldn't you say!

gurlygirl_89 said:
umm the way i hear it there isn't going to be a draf for this War.......
[post="1024369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't thinl any politicians would be dumb enough to try and reinstate the draft. The public would protest and no one would vote for them.

I highly doubt there will be a draft, even if bush is re-elected he said in the 3rd debate that he would never have a draft while he was in term. Im a little worried about Massachusetts though, the coast gaurd is short 2000 men. thats kinda scary when you think about it, how can you protect the coast if there arent enough coast gaurds!

Yes if they did draft peps they should draft girls 2 and those lesbiens r fightin it
but hopefully we won't have the draft w/ Bush if he gets re-elected

VOTE BUSH!! (y)

Before women get drafted, there needs to be an equal rights amendment in the constitution saying that women and men are equal.

But I don't think there will be a draft regardless of who wins the election. Politicians like to win and no one will vote for someone who institutes the draft. Ever since Vietnam it has been an unpopular idea.

thats not what i mean't and i'm sorry if i offended n e body, but i mean come on
girls vote 2 y should they have 2 stay home while the men are all dying over there in iraq and other places.

Ophelia said:
Only if the Bush twins are first in line.  <_<
[post="1013296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I am sure that would never happen ... ;)

Bush would prefer to send ordinary americans to war, before sending his daughter to war ... and did you know that those US Senators kids, have not been to war???

I'd love to see the bush twins up there signing up.......but I think yes we women should be apart of the draft a lot of us might have more skill than a man who gets called in the first place

Yes if they did draft peps they should draft girls 2 and those lesbiens r fightin it
but hopefully we won't have the draft w/ Bush if he gets re-elected
girls vote 2 y should they have 2 stay home while the men are all dying over there in iraq and other places
How did you come up with the word lesbians though?

Nvm that i dropped it off my post so drop the subject i don't wanna talk about it n e more, i don't wanna b rude, but i don't agree that the draft should take place so please just drop the quote please!!!!

Joziah said:
Nvm that i dropped it off my post so drop the subject i don't wanna talk about it n e more, i don't wanna b rude, but i don't agree that the draft should take place so please just drop the quote please!!!!
[post="1039685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm dropping that quote :zipped: :zipped:

The Draft = Political Suicide

I'm just saying, anyone who tries to reintroduce it is crazy. Then again, considering our politicians, maybe it just might happen. But the American public would be furious. After Vietnam, I don't see it ever getting enough support.

I think girls should get drafted seeing how its becoming more and more of a possibility now that the US is starting to threaten Iran. If we do manage to invade Iran you can be sure the draft will be re-instated because our troops are too spread out as it is. We're using 60% of our reserves in Iraq so it's definitely becoming more of a possibility. If this society is going to have true equal rights then it has to be equal in all respects. That doesn't mean that all the chicks have to go to the frontlines, but they should be eligible for the draft.

As for the Bush twins serving. Joe kennedy sent Joe Kennedy Jr and future president John F Kennedy to fight in WW2. Woodrow Wilson's son fought in WW1. FDR Jr fought in WW2. Maybe its time Bush continues with presidential tradition.

ms.katejones said:
The Draft = Political Suicide

I'm just saying, anyone who tries to reintroduce it is crazy. Then again, considering our politicians, maybe it just might happen. But the American public would be furious. After Vietnam, I don't see it ever getting enough support.
[post="1238089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i agree. plus, there's one major difference between vietnam and now: eighteen year olds can vote.

I don't know about women getting drafted because they are equal to men but still different. or maybe thats a sterotype.

I know most people wouldn't want to be conscripted to fight in Iraq or Iran but what if someone was going to invade like in WWI or WWII in Britain, then would there be as much objection

Back