Politics The Draft

Should girls get drafted?

• Yes both guys and girls must be drafted to be fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No its only a guy thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The American reputation has been severly injured due to this war. Not pnly because of the killing of innocent civilians. But because of the lies that were told to the world in order for us to go.

Leslie said:
Nah, you guys are just letting your anti-Bush bias sway the way you look at the sraft. No way in hell is he gonna let there be one -- especially not with the climate in the US the way it is right now.
[post="1016922"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm definitely not pro-Bush, but I partially agree with you. I'm not ruling out the draft, yet I think we're fearing it more than we should. It would be too unpopular a decision with both Congress and the whole American people. Although more troops are needed, I doubt it'll come to the point where we'll be sending people with minimal training to foreign countries.

AliasALIAS said:
I'm definitely not pro-Bush, but I partially agree with you. I'm not ruling out the draft, yet I think we're fearing it more than we should. It would be too unpopular a decision with both Congress and the whole American people. Although more troops are needed, I doubt it'll come to the point where we'll be sending people with minimal training  to foreign countries.
[post="1017019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It's happened before. Viet Nam, anyone?

Yes but this isn't Vietnam. And also, this is the 21st century. People just don't approve of the draft any more (which is actually a result of the tragedy that was Vietnam).

That would be true -- if you could be sure that this country will have learned from that mistake. I'm not so optimistic about that.

AliasHombre said:
No, no its not.  Are you hard of hearing?  there will be no draft, it is not in his agenda
[post="1016021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No, none of us are. But you can't bet that their won't be any draft, especially not on the word of a politic, and Bush at that. Politics are full of lies, how do you know Bush isn't lying there -_-

Yes but this isn't Vietnam. And also, this is the 21st century. People just don't approve of the draft any more (which is actually a result of the tragedy that was Vietnam).
Vietnam wasn't THAT long ago! And nobody approved of the draft then. There were thousands of protests against it across the world. It is one of the main reasons the general public turned on the troops who fought in that war.

(It hasn't been the 21st century for very long. It's not like we're talking about World War One or something!!)

No one should be drafted!!

If there was a draft though, both guys and girls should be drafted. But I'm pretty sure there won't be. A draft would be political poison.

Kerry and Bush both can change their minds. I'm tired, I wrote a ten page essay and wrote all the damn questions the moderator asked over the VP debates. Never trust a politician as they say, Politics is lies and blah blah. It's true though, so you can't believe Kerry or Bush, voting for a president is more of who you can trust more, even if you can't trust him. btw, politicians do anything to win so they even make up stories as we all know so most politicians are liars. Who knows what will happen, if there will be a draft...because we can't trust Bush...or Kerry...it's the beauty of politics :lol: :laughbounce: g2g 2 sleep now, eyes shuting. Only 10:30 but up til 2 amand woke up at 6am *yawns* Anything I said in my post I might not have thought through so I'm shutting up now :angelic:

g2g 2 sleep now, eyes shuting. Only 10:30 but up til 2 amand woke up at 6am *yawns* Anything I said in my post I might not have thought through so I'm shutting up now
:lol: :lol:
I do that all the time! I'm usually on here at around 3am my time. That means I have to go back in the morning and delete half of my posts because they are so stupid. :smiley:

AliasHombre said:
Hell, Kerry wants to add 40k troops to the army.  Please tell me where he is going to get the money or manpower to do such a thing.
[post="1020389"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wondered the same thing myself.... I don't see the draft ever being instituted on Bush's watch.... but how does Kerry expect to add 40,000 additional troops?... hmmmm....

freakforalias said:
I wondered the same thing myself.... I don't see the draft ever being instituted on Bush's watch.... but how does Kerry expect to add 40,000 additional troops?... hmmmm....
[post="1020692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Cause fighting the war on terror takes boots on the ground. The coalition will be in IRAQ for another 3 years at the least ... and i don't mean 1 thousand troops, i mean 75% of what is there now.

Iraq was a much greater undertaking than Afghanistan was and coalition troops are still there, but do to the terrain mostly special forces are present.

The war on terror will need more troops from the U.S., they just lowered the standards to join the armed forces to recruit more people.

If they plan on going into other rogue states then they can't do it with present miltary personnel, they will need more troops.

Ophelia said:
Only if the Bush twins are first in line.  <_<
[post="1013296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

really? i would want them NOT to be drafted. come on, would you be able to sleep at night knowing that one of the Bush twins has your back? i surely wouldn't.

the_alliance said:
really? i would want them NOT to be drafted. come on, would you be able to sleep at night knowing that one of the Bush twins has your back? i surely wouldn't.
[post="1021244"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: :lol: :hide: I guess I couldn't sleep then :thinking:

Natalia said:
:lol:  :lol:
I do that all the time! I'm usually on here at around 3am my time. That means I have to go back in the morning and delete half of my posts because they are so stupid. :smiley:
[post="1020557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: my post on what I had said sounded really rude so I redid it and edited it last night :rolleyes: I shouldn't say anything at night cause that's when I'm out of it and my posts sound like I'm very angry when I'm only grumpy from no sleep :rolleyes:

freakforalias said:
[post="1020692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well according to no lesser source than, his own website, here's how.

Engage 200,000 Americans A Year In "Service For College"
John Kerry and John Edwards will offer a simple deal to hundreds of thousands of America's young people: if you will serve for two years in one of America's toughest and most important jobs, we will cover four years of tuition at a typical public university.

Of course, earlier this year he thought high school kids would do.

John Kerry Outlines Plan to Require Service for High School Students

Part of 100 days Plan to Enlist One Million Americans in National Service A Year

On September 11th, 2001, America experienced the most terrible and deadly attack in its history. John Kerry believes we need to think big and do better and get more young Americans serving the nation.

As part of his 100 day plan to change America, John Kerry will propose a comprehensive service plan that includes requiring mandatory service for high school students and four years of college tuition in exchange for two years of national service.

If it wasn't for this itsy debate on whether we'd have a draft or not this place wouldn't have a topic because we've all already stated our opinions on whether or not to have it be only guys or both guys and girls.

Natalia said:
Vietnam wasn't THAT long ago! And nobody approved of the draft then. There were thousands of protests against it across the world. It is one of the main reasons the general public turned on the troops who fought in that war.

(It hasn't been the 21st century for very long. It's not like we're talking about World War One or something!!)
[post="1020271"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

My father served 2 years in Vietnam. He was in the Signal Corps. And the way the soldiers were treated when they got back makes me sick. It's not fair to them. Yes there are certain individuals that may not be mentally fit for the job, their ethics may be mixed up, obviously we've seen this in the war in iraq, with the soldiers torturing the priosners in inhumane ways. But also that's how war is, you can't trust anyone. Vitenam and Iraq are different and similar in many ways. One big way is that the citizens of the countries in question can't be trusted. Because women and children are used as weapons against the soldiers, they simply can't trust anyone. That's why Vietnam was such a masacre, because fear overtook many of the soldiers minds. It just makes me sad, very sad.

Back