Should girls get drafted?

• Yes both guys and girls must be drafted to be fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No its only a guy thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ms.katejones said:
The Draft = Political Suicide

I'm just saying, anyone who tries to reintroduce it is crazy. Then again, considering our politicians, maybe it just might happen. But the American public would be furious. After Vietnam, I don't see it ever getting enough support.
[post="1238089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree with you. Bush's approval ratings would go way south.....

Also, I doubt the armies going to send you care packages with tampax in them while you're fighting on the front lines. And there is enough rape/etc. in the army already and I think adding even more women into the mix will create some pretty nasty situations...

well, the Selective Service received a significant increase in their budget for the FY 04-05. if they're going to reinstate the draft, it should be before June. i think what will happen is by the end of the month, the SSS will inform the president of the status of assembling local draft boards and within 75 days, after that, there may (or may not) be a draft.

bush could care less if people dont support him. the house and senate already have the republican majority anyway.

i don't think drafting works that well in the first place--if people don't want to be there, then they're not going to do the job as well as a volenteer army (see: Vietnam)

and about girls being drafted, i said, yah, it would be fair for both genders to be selected, BUT do you really want your average high school girl trying to fight for you?? (this does NOT go for everybody--many girls are fully capable of holding their ground etc) i don't think i would do a really good job, that's all i'm saying . . .

I said it would be fair to both genders even though I don't wanna get drafted! Well, maybe if the girl soldiers fought other girl soldiers! I sound so shallow heh.

But yeah if you think about it, one of the reasons the voting age was lowered to 18 was because they sent 18 year olds off to war. And girls get to vote so they should be drafted as well. Actually, no one should be drafted!!!

If they were to issue a draft, it probably would be fairer for girls to have that chance to get drafted too...but I personally would want to leave if that happens! I don't want to get drafted as I'm sure a lot of girls wouldn't...but then again, I've never asked many girls what they think about a draft with them in it...

Guys however, some seem perfectly fine to go off and fight...

Of course, a draft should never be instated as it's not going to be as efficient as a volunteer army...but what happens when you run out of volunteers?

Moonlite Star said:
If they were to issue a draft, it probably would be fairer for girls to have that chance to get drafted too...but I personally would want to leave if that happens! I don't want to get drafted as I'm sure a lot of girls wouldn't...but then again, I've never asked many girls what they think about a draft with them in it...

Guys however, some seem perfectly fine to go off and fight...

Of course, a draft should never be instated as it's not going to be as efficient as a volunteer army...but what happens when you run out of volunteers?
[post="1245532"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hmm, I'm not a guy, but I don't think the majority of them would want to get drafted, I think it's because of the whole "don't be a wuss" thing? My history teacher was telling a story about how his grandfather kept teasing his uncle and yelling at him for not going to war.

I highly doubt that the draft would ever come back. But hey you never know with Bush -_- If it did come back it'd only be fair for both sexes to be drafted. If it does come back by the time I'm 18 and if the war is still going on (I'm moving to another country. Believe me I'm serious. I'm not going to fight for a war I dont believe in)

hmm this is a hard question. i'm a girl, and i don't want to be drafted. but if men are the only ones allowed to be drafted, then we females wouldn't exactly have the same rights as they do.

personally i think we just shouldn't ever have a draft at all!!! muahaha

Julesters said:
hmm this is a hard question. i'm a girl, and i don't want to be drafted. but if men are the only ones allowed to be drafted, then we females wouldn't exactly have the same rights as they do.

personally i think we just shouldn't ever have a draft at all!!! muahaha
[post="1253834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's what I think.

Like I said ages ago, my father was conscripted to the Vietnam War, and that is something no government should be able to force on anybody. He saw his friends being blown up, and he came close to dying himself - all because a political party he didn't vote for supported a war he didn't believe in.

i'll go 180 degrees the other way
and say
there should be no military conscription
for men or women
ok
i suppose russia and israel will always have it
but no other country really needs or
should have it

Back