the edge of something new

OMG, Noah better not be doing what i think hes gunna do, otherwise ill personally go to his door and kill him myself

those were good spoilers again, thanx for PM

-luv Em 💘

maddy28 Posted Today, 01:39 AM
Vaughn-a-holic!439 Posted Today, 03:08 AM
tubby Posted Today, 04:04 AM

were you up really late?

or did you wake up really early?

if you live in ausralia [ now realizing that ]
that is SOOOOOO cool.

peaceOUTgirl scouts.

i want girl scout cookies.

i'm giving you the last couple of lines from 99 first, so you get the full effect.

She mentally cursed her father for not keeping their address and phone number private. “Give me one reason why I should listen to you.”

He looked her square in the eye. “Because I miss you, Syd.”

Chapter One Hundred

She was stunned.

Just then Sydney heard weight on the stairs. Vaughn was in khaki cargo shorts and was putting his t-shirt on as he made his way down. “Hey, who was at the-,” he began to ask but stopped instantly after seeing Noah standing there. “Door?” he finished quietly as he set foot on the landing.

“Oh my god,” Noah whispered harshly. “You slept with him!” he hissed.

“That is definitely none of your business,” she hissed back.

“What’s going on?” Vaughn asked, baffled, standing behind Sydney. He hadn’t heard Noah’s previous comments.

It was then that Sydney realized she was only wearing her pajamas. Now, technically, her pajamas were normal clothes: a spaghetti-strapped tank top and shorts. But intimacy came with the word “pajamas” and the fact that Noah, her ex-boyfriend, Noah, Noah, who cheated on her, now saw her in her night clothes did not make her feel comfortable at all. Actually, it was making her queasy.

“I’ll be right back,” she said at last, breaking the silence between all three of them.

Vaughn earnestly didn’t know whether he should be mad or just annoyed that Noah had the nerve to show up at Sydney’s door. Following her lead, he didn’t let him in. They stood opposite one another, the opening of the door the only thing between them. “So you’re here because…?” Vaughn asked with one of his arms outstretched with the palm lying on the door’s molding, so that he was inclining slightly.

“Because I have to talk to Syd,” Noah said minimally.

“Right,” Vaughn said, elongating the word. He called her “Syd,” he noticed. It struck him as a strange thing to do because Vaughn was one hundred and forty percent positive she did not want to be “Syd” to Noah. Also, he had a hunch that she barely wanted to be “Sydney” to him. “Why do you have to talk to her?” he questioned curiously.

“I don’t think I have to tell you that,” he answered, almost belligerently.

Vaughn shrugged his behavior off; he didn’t feel like dealing with that problem right then. “Just so you know, I’ll probably find out from her later, anyway,” he said collectedly.

“Are you that shallow that you have to know every single little detail that involves your girlfriend?” Noah inquired. He could not honestly see why Sydney was dating him.

Vaughn shook his head wittily. “No,” he said. “I’m just saying we have an extremely open relationship and we tell each other things.”

Sydney felt bad for leaving Vaughn at the door with Noah sans explanation, but she didn’t exactly have a choice. Quickly, she put a crew neck t-shirt on and changed into another pair of shorts. Then she proceeded downstairs to face the possible fury that was awaiting her.

She found both of the guys in positions similar to how she left them. Vaughn seemed poised, she noticed, while Noah seemed the opposite. Sydney stayed quiet as she placed herself next to Vaughn, to which he systematically enclosed an arm around her. Knowing Vaughn would back up whatever decision she made was comforting and knowing she had his unity gave she reassurance as well, and she smiled slightly.

Silently, Vaughn was telling her to do whatever she wanted. Sighing, she said, to Noah, “Fine, I’ll talk to you.”

Vaughn released Sydney and stepped aside while Noah entered the house.

“It’s a private conversation,” Noah said to Vaughn.

Inwardly, he rolled his eyes. “Okay,” he said to Sydney. “I’ll be upstairs, then,” he said, giving her a peck on the lips.

“Okay,” Sydney said, her eyes following him as he walked up the stairs. She exhaled again. “I guess we should go into the family room,” she said, leading the way.

They sat down on two different couches. Soon after, they heard water rushing through the pipes above them.

“Is he taking a shower here?” Noah asked, agitated.

“I don’t know,” Sydney answered plainly. “I could go upstairs and check, if you want,” she said dully, though the idea was soon becoming a first choice in her head.

“No, I just meant,” he began, “…never mind,” he finished.

“It makes you uncomfortable, doesn’t it?” Sydney quipped.

He shrugged coolly. “I guess I just still can’t believe you slept with him.”

Sydney’s eyes narrowed. She was willing, for a time, to be composed about this whole situation. But after repeated sly insults directed towards Vaughn, she had enough. “Okay, is this about that I have a boyfriend or because my boyfriend is not you?” she asked. Regardless, she did not agree with or deny his assumption. That was personal information that he had no reason to be privileged to.

Noah didn’t say anything.

Sydney looked away, sighed again, and looked back at him. “Why are you here, really?” she requested.

“I told you,” he said, “because I miss you.”

“You miss me,” she said slowly. “Great,” she said through gritted teeth with her arms crossed against her chest. Deliberately, she added, “I don’t give a damn that you miss me.”

“Look,” he said, “I’m not saying we’re gonna get back together-,” he began, but she cut him off like a driver with road rage would cut off a granny.

“Yeah, we’re not going to get back together. I have a boyfriend,” she said drawing out the word, wondering if it was actually necessary that she spell it out. “He’s upstairs. Remember?” she reminded.

“I get it, you really like him,” he said with new knowledge that proved his presumption correct.

She was shaking her head. “I have no purpose to tell you this, but I will. He told me he loved me on our fourth date,” she shared.

“Well, obviously, because he wanted to get into your pants,” Noah replied. He refrained from saying more, knowing it could only cause his progression in talking to her to hinder, and he didn’t want that.

“Really?” she asked with mock enthusiasm. “Is that why he stopped me several times?” she blankly asked.

“Wait, he stopped you from… initiating something?” She gave him a concurring expression. “Then he’s gay,” he finalized.

“He is definitely not gay,” she informed. “Trust me. Seriously, I don’t understand why you’re so jealous about this. There is absolutely no reason for you to be. I love Vaughn; he loves me, end of story.”

“You know, a few years ago, you loved me,” he enlightened.

She stared at him for a moment and scratched her eyebrow, then straightened it out. “I really thought I did,” she said at last. “But I didn’t know what love was when I was sixteen,” she revealed when she raised and lowered her shoulders.

“And now you do?” Noah prompted.

“Yeah,” she nodded sincerely. “And now I do.”

A moment passed. “Can I ask you something?” he asked.

“It depends on what it is.”

“Where’s,” he thought on how to refer to Sydney’s ‘love,’ “your boyfriend going to school?”

“Columbia,” she answered instantly.

“And you’re still going to UCLA?”

“Yes,” she answered, not seeing the relevance.

“Classic,” he almost laughed.

“What do you mean?” she wondered aloud.

“He’s got you wrapped around his frackin finger and you’re clinging onto it for dear life, all the while he can go out and have fun no strings attached.”

That’s when Sydney got pissed off.

“Vaughn is not you,” she said unhurriedly so that it would sink in more and possibly be hurtful to Noah. He deserved it.

“And what’s up with calling him that?” he asked, annoyed.

“Calling him what? Vaughn? That’s his name,” she said.

“No, it’s his last name. Why don’t you just call him Mark, or whatever his name is?”

“First of all,” she said a pitch higher, “his first name is Michael. Second of all, why the hell does it matter?”

“Because you claim to be so close to him, but you’re not even on a first name basis with him,” he alleged.

“Because I don’t want to be!” she shouted. “I met him as Vaughn more than a year before we started to date and when we did I saw no reason to change what I called him.” She stood; this had gone on long enough and she was over it completely. “I want you to get the hell out of my house,” she demanded.

“Sydney,” he said in a calming voice.

“Don’t ‘Sydney’ me,” she said angrily. “Get out. Now!” she ordered.

“Come on!” he debated.

“No, it’s my house and I can do whatever the frack I feel like.”

“Like screw your boyfriend,” he suggested, knowing he was going to be kicked out despite of what he said.

For a second she literally wondered whether or not steam could be seen materializing from her head. With very open eyes, while she was ushering him out the door, she said, “Exactly. Like screw my boyfriend. It’s my house, might as well do whatever I god damn well please, right? Do yourself a favor and don’t come back,” she yelled out to him before locking the door in front of her. She marched up the stairs, muttering furiously to herself.

Vaughn heard her barge through her bedroom door, and judging from the sound of her footsteps, he knew she was fuming. So, he walked out of the bathroom, even though he was only in a towel because he wouldn’t have time to get dressed. “What happened?” he asked, witnessing her violently making her bed.

“God!” she yelled. “I frackin hate him. I just want to,” she held her hands out and made gestures symbolizing strangling him. “Ugh!” she shouted, pounding the middle of the pillow with her fist.

She was acting out aggressively on everything, which pretty much meant being in her presence was being in a war zone.

“Syd,” he said, wanting for her to settle down. Her rage continued. Vaughn realized the only way for him to help her anger subside was to physically put himself in harm’s away. He grabbed her arms and sat her down on the bed; she struggled. “I think the pillows’ve had enough,” he said, bobbing his head towards them. “Breathe; relax,” he instructed. She did as she was told. “Now, what happened?” he asked again. His grip on her loosened.

“Just… god, I hate him.” She lied down on the bed, completely free of his grasp. “You know, I don’t even think he had a purpose to be here aside from being jealous and pissing me off.”

“What do you mean… jealous?” Vaughn inquired.

“He’s jealous of you and that’s just ridiculous,” she vented.

He looked at her uncertainly, and a bit confusedly.

“Oh my god,” she said in a panicky voice, sitting back up. “That did not come out right. I meant it’s stupid for him to be jealous,” she said, facing him, “of you because he and I ended over two years ago and I have absolutely no feelings for him. None. Not one.” Vaughn was still glancing at her. “Well, except for feelings of hatred, but that’s it, I swear,” she rambled.

“You’re cute when you’re kooky,” he grinned.

She smiled as well. “You just called me ‘kooky,’” she pointed out.

“But it was a compliment,” he indicated.

“Well,” she opened, “I was going to say it was pretty hot that you’re only wearing a towel, but the whole ‘kooky’ thing totally spoiled it,” she teased.

“You think so?”

She started nodding sympathetically, but then changed to shaking her head while smiling. He leaned over and kissed her randomly all over her face, and she giggled.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A couple of days later, Vaughn tenderly touched his eye to see if it had begun swelling yet. It had. “Asshole,” he said under his breath as he walked home from the beach in the midday heat. He reached into his pocket and withdrew his cell phone. Pressing the speed dial number for Sydney, he called her.

“Hey,” she said cheerfully when she picked up.

“Hey,” he said, kind of groggily. “Do you have an icepack?” he questioned.

“An icepack?” she asked. “Um, let me check,” she said, walking into the kitchen and opening the freezer door. “Why? Didja get bad sunburn or something?” she asked. Without waiting for his reply, she answered his original question. “Yeah,” she said. “I have an icepack.”

“Good,” he replied. “I need it.”

“So, how bad is this sunburn?” she asked.

“It’s not for sunburn,” he sighed.

“What? Then what’s it for?” she asked, confused.

“My eye,” he told her. “And if you have another one, my stomach,” he said.

Worriedly, she asked, “What happened?”

“Short version, I got into a fight,” he divulged.

“What? A fight with who?” she asked, very surprised, and concerned.

“I’ll tell you when I get to your house?” Vaughn bargained.

“Vaughn, you said you were going to the beach and now you tell me you need at least one icepack and you got into a fight, tell me now,” she said into the receiver.

“It was with Noah,” he said. “I’ll be there soon; I’ll tell you the rest then.”

some of you are good guessers ;)

PM LIST
Alias_equals_love
Prediction 47
SYD96
Vaughnlover15
hannahb
xMountineer02300844x
SydVaughn1001
Syd26
Garner_Chick6
Syd_ Vaughn
Bubbles
74Aliaschickita47
Ams4alias
deranged_girl
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
Sydneysidekick6
angels_fire_88
SpygirlAmy
Vaughnroxmysox
aliasdancer007
vaughnshoney
KAC
Tunita
shotput25ash
SydneyVaughn47
texasalias2004
alias_chick_47
Lor_Aliasfan47
ae_gurl293
Sydney A Vaughn
SuperDuck123
stealthy
LifesMystery
Lovygirl
Fairyqueen2020
lil_aussie_sez

Lost soul
frangipani
alizas
Jen-Jen
freckles3706
cupcake55
BrownEyedGirl
Nancy O
Crazy for Alias
maddy28
wiseman
stella1
meghanlyn85
invisible
kromrell
Krista Bristow
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
undercover_spy
PointguysGirl
Ms.MichaelVaughn
blualoha
Vaughn-a-holic!439
AliasFreak90210
atekamel
sydney_alias_vaughn
Queen of hearts
mv4me
aliasisthebest
gabbi_vaughn
SpyJules
fire*N*ice
smartgirl2004
Chicketepee
milkywayk018
Carol_Br47
ASIOagent

Silvinha
scullymulder1234
Nicky_Bristow
Catpin
funkymonkey
VaughnSydlver93
dandan
k-mila
buckeyealum2000
Julia47Thorne
grassyass
Addicted 2 Alias
MontrealRocks
Faye Vaughn
blknight
Kate_14
gtwallichs
tubby
supa spy grl k7
Lily Ella
47tttsv
krzykty57789
leelow13
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Donniegirl
shelley g.
Mistyville
s.a.b.

ADDICT LIST
#1 Bubbles
#2 Alias_equals_love
#3 SYD96
#4 LaurenRachael
#5 Prediction 47
#6 Vaughnlover15
#7 kunagirl86
#8 xMountineer02300844x
#9 maddy28
#10 KAC
#11 alias_chick_47
#12 stealthy
#13 invisible
#14 74Aliaschickita47
#15 undercover_spy
#16 gabbi_vaughn
#17 Addicted 2 Alias
#18 funkymonkey
#19 tubby
#27 angels_fire_88
#47 Chicketepee
#69 Garner_Chick6

AAHH!! First!! I won't be back for like an hour tho...So I'll review then.

YES!! I'm finally back!!

Chapter One Hundred

YAY CARI!!!! WOOHOO!! Chapter 100 and no signs of slowing down soon!!!

“Oh my god,” Noah whispered harshly. “You slept with him!” he hissed.

Yes, she did. And even if she didn't, it's not any of you business JACKASS!! *mutters*

Actually, it was making her queasy.

It would make me pretty queasy too.

“Are you that shallow that you have to know every single little detail that involves your girlfriend?” Noah inquired. He could not honestly see why Sydney was dating him.

No, you idiot!! He'll find out because Vaughn and Sydney are in an effing relatioship. That's kinda what people do in a relationship. Talk to each other. Gosh. No wonder he's single.

“I could go upstairs and check, if you want,” she said dully, though the idea was soon becoming a first choice in her head.

OOH!! *raises hand* I'll go check!!!!

“I guess I just still can’t believe you slept with him.”

Why is that so hard for him to believe??? God, this guy is really stupid.

“Look,” he said, “I’m not saying we’re gonna get back together-,” he began, but she cut him off like a driver with road rage would cut off a granny.

You sure as hell aren't getting back together. Heh. I love that simile. Very creative.

“You know, a few years ago, you loved me,” he enlightened.

She didn't love you!! Nobody could love an asshole like you.

“Vaughn is not you,” she said unhurriedly so that it would sink in more and possibly be hurtful to Noah. He deserved it.

That's right Syd!!!! Hit him where it hurts!!

“Because you claim to be so close to him, but you’re not even on a first name basis with him,” he alleged.

Why does everybody have a problem with that!!??

So, he walked out of the bathroom, even though he was only in a towel because he wouldn’t have time to get dressed.

🤤 VERY nice visual. You just made my day.

she yelled. “I frackin hate him. I just want to,” she held her hands out and made gestures symbolizing strangling him. “Ugh!” she shouted, pounding the middle of the pillow with her fist.

ME TOO!!!!!

Short version, I got into a fight,” he divulged.

I swear to God. If that son of a b**** hurt Vaughn I'm gonna kill him!!

“It was with Noah,” he said. “I’ll be there soon; I’ll tell you the rest then.”

That's it!!!! *stamps foot* I'm gonna kill him!!

Well...Overall, very good chapter. The whole Vaughn and towel thing was just...*sigh* Made my day.

GREAT update. Thanks for the PM.

~Karen

Sydney looked away, sighed again, and looked back at him. “Why are you here, really?” she requested.

“I told you,” he said, “because I miss you.”

“You miss me,” she said slowly. “Great,” she said through gritted teeth with her arms crossed against her chest. Deliberately, she added, “I don’t give a damn that you miss me.”
Noah doesn't get it, does he?! she hates him, he should stay away!
Loved the chapter :lol: Can't wait to know why Vaughn had a fight with Noah??

So Vaughn has a lack eye and a bruised up stomach... I sure as H*** hope Noah is worse off!!! Nice update, Noah should just take the hint, you had your chance, and you messed that up, leave her alone!!! Wear is a random bus accident when you need one... :rolleyes:

awwwwwww poooooooor vaugh
luved the chap
noah's an idiot
vaughn s the best tho
thanks for the pm and update
can't wait for the next chap
please update soon
thanks

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Uhg!! I hate Noah every time more, I loved how Sydney kicked him out of her house, and poor Vaughn, I hope he's ok.

Great chapter. Can't wait for more.

°°NiCkY°°

AHHHHH *goes insane*. Vaughn better have beat Noah into a million little peices (I really don't like him :angelic:). I can't belive he just came over to Sydney's house and said all of that stuff. Like she's cares if some ugly loser wants her back when she has Vaughn :angry: Thanks so much for the PM!

~Andrea :angelic:

PS- I can't believe there are 100 chapters. That's pretty insane, like this chapter. Insane Chapter 100, lol :P

AHHHHH *goes insane*. Vaughn better have beat Noah into a million little peices (I really don't like him :angelic:). I can't belive he just came over to Sydney's house and said all of that stuff. Like she's cares if some ugly loser wants her back when she has Vaughn :angry: Thanks so much for the PM!

~Andrea :angelic:

PS- I can't believe there are 100 chapters. That's pretty insane, like this chapter. Insane Chapter 100, lol :P
ha. adored the last part of the first part of that. (the ugly loser, but she has vaughn part.)

totally insane. i know. what's more insane is that in Word this story has past page 400

-I am glad Syd told Noah what she really thought!
An I really hope Noah is way worse than Vaughn!!
-Thanks for the pm!

-OH AND HOLY felgercarb.......400 PAGES!!!!
-That is INSANE!!
:lol:

Back