The Inside

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I hope this is where it's supposed to go...

Did anyone watch the series premiere? I actually thought it was good. Did anyone else?
[post="1375399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I missed it! :(

I've been seeing the previews and really wanted to watch, but I missed the premiere.

Hopefully I'll catch it this week though.

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I hope this is where it's supposed to go...
[post="1375399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Absolutely. I was thinking of making a thread for this. I think it has potential.

Finally, an investigative drama with an emphasis on character . . . I'm interested to see what they do with it. Of course, I'm likely to give it an extra-large shot just because of Tim Minnear's (and others') involvement. ;)

Fricken god. I finally find a show on Fox that I actually like and now I learn that Fox is cancelling it.

I guess all they can have on their channel is trash. (Besides the Simpsons and Family Guy) the rest is just stupid or copied off some other show -_-

YES so glad there is a thread for this show here... OMG WHAT an episode(s)! I'm still reeling. Don't kill me when I say I think this show is better than Alias right now... :hide: It's got me on the edge of my seat! The best thing is that I expect certain twists, and then it turns out to be a twist altogether different from what I expected!!! This show is totally making my summer. :love: Maybe that's a bad thing... :blink: :lol:

ETA: I know these things are like a dime a dozen and pretty much never work, but it couldn't hurt... Petition to Save 'The Inside'

Just watched the first two episodes (but I missed the two tonight). Wow. I like it. The cases have X-Files-like twists (without the aliens of course).

Can't get over the fact that Paul is Simon from Summerland though. :lol:

I expect it will be, I believe it's getting clobbered in the ratings. It's against the big summer smash. Who'd have thought Dancing with the Stars would be a big hit? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing about the resemblence to X-Files Leah. It reminds me of them good old days so much :sigh:

I can't believe I missed like the first 4 episodes :banghead: But I saw the 2 hour thing and man I am hoooked!!! :thud: Like you said Les the characters are all so amazing. And he quit!!! :eek:

But I don't think the stories are sorta been-done. So far everything's been really unexpected...and I loved it :D

All in all...great show. Can't wait till next wks ep.

ETA: And if FOX cancels this :Ph34r: But if they do it...like in how many eps?! How many more will I get to watch :Paranoid: Oh maaan 🇳🇴

Well, if what they're promising in the promo happens . . . THAT sure as heck hasn't been done.

Having a character go from regular (semi) good guy to actual villain (no wonder Coyote left The 4400 to play him)
. . . unless they're doing the usual kidding us thing . . . but in this series, they might not be.

I'd be really interested in seeing how they would do this. As in really interested. As in, potentially I-can't-believe-I'm-seeing-this-on-TV interested. And I haven't been able to say that since Profit. Profit was a long time ago. And it didn't last long either. (Must find a place to put link to bizarre box set . . . hm.) [Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness thing, I do that.]

^ :lol: I agree 100%. I'd love to see them push the envelope that far.

Cynth -- Glad you got hooked! :lol: IMO the best episode of the series so far was #6. And #5 came close. ^_^ As far as the "been done" thing, episode #4 is the only one I really didn't enjoy at all, except for the snarkyness of the FBI crew, which had me rotflol. :D The whole "evil little girl" thing has been done way too many times and just doesn't appeal... Plus Rebecca came out looking like a b**** at the end. :P I don't mind her being one, but if so, make her that way more that just once, randomly.

(explanation)
Basically, at the end of the ep Paul is looking at some sonogram pictures from his wife/their baby, and Rebecca goes, "some people are just born bad" while looking pointedly at him, then trounces off. I was like :wtf: girl! LOL It was just really... odd timing.

Yea.....it'd be rather interesting to seee that happen. :Ponder: And I was thinking earlier, does Webster's eerie presence remind anyone of the smoking man from X-Files. And didn't Agent Danny Love play one of the really freaky aliens on X-Files...like the one that oculd change faces :thinking:

And WOAH :shocked: Hahaha..that's such an odd thing to say...and yea. Very awkward timing :thinking:

And I'm glad the only 2 eps I saw were really good ones. Worked well in getting me hooked ^_^

ETA: Oh and Les...do you have any place I could get caps? I tried...I think it was Anica's journal but the link is expired or wahtever :hmm:

ETA: Never mind. I guess she uploaded it again or something cause its working :D

yendys47 said:
Yea.....it'd be rather interesting to seee that happen. :Ponder: And I was thinking earlier, does Webster's eerie presence remind anyone of the smoking man from X-Files. And didn't Agent Danny Love play one of the really freaky aliens on X-Files...like the one that oculd change faces :thinking:
[post="1411659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YES! He played Knowle Rohrer in seasons 8 and 9. Doggett's little friend who turned into a super soldier, who Mulder was accused of killing in the series finale.

Downloaded Wednesday night's two episodes. I'm excited.

^ Still working on that over here... ;)

Cynth - Where is it that you're getting caps? I got mine from the cap_it community @ LJ. But yours might be better. :lol:

cap_it has?! :shocked: Why couldn't I find it :hmm: I used Anica's graphic journal. They're quite small..I think 642x324 or something like that :mellow:

It's not fair. I deathly wanna download the first 4 but darn brother :banghead: And stupid zone alarm :sniper: aaaaaaaaah. :o_O:

And yea! He was such a freaky man in X-Files, so I still can't get comfortable with his character :lol:

ETA: Les...the caps are the same. Yea. :mellow: :lol:

i love this show but it fully creeps me out
like this weeks' ep with the crazy suicide hotline lady killing ppl *shudder* sooooooo creepy
and yeah i just knew Paul's wife was gonna get either killed by that psyco guy or something was gonna happen to the baby (n) poor baby

It was awful that she lost the baby. Too "obvious," too much, too soon. That's the one thing I really take issue with so far on this show... -_- Oh well.

Cynth - Darn. :lol:

OMG. About the wife, when I was watching the fifth episode I was thinking about how Paul and Rebecca should be together...

and then I remembered Janet saying how he's married, etc. and then I was like OMG what if the wife or the baby dies or soemthing like that...and then when I saw the preview for the 6th ep I was like oh felgercarb :mellow:

And yea...it's all rushed, but then I mean I don't blame them. I mean they're on FOX. They probabaly suspected maybe being cancelled, so they're trying to rush things :lol: Stupid FOX :hmm:

yendys47 said:
OMG. About the wife, when I was watching the fifth episode I was thinking about how Paul and Rebecca should be together...

and then I remembered Janet saying how he's married, etc. and then I was like OMG what if the wife or the baby dies or soemthing like that...and then when I saw the preview for the 6th ep I was like oh felgercarb :mellow:

And yea...it's all rushed, but then I mean I don't blame them. I mean they're on FOX. They probabaly suspected maybe being cancelled, so they're trying to rush things :lol: Stupid FOX :hmm:
[post="1413598"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I know! <_< Evilness.

Oh and that promo? My first reaction was, "omg she dies! WOOT!" coz as a member of the Law and Order: SVU fandom, and an Elliot/Olivia shipper, having 'The Inside' do it when SVU has always been so afraid to (except El separated from his wife this past season -- yippee! ^_^), coz it would be way too contrived looking (it would, I know)... it was kinda refreshing.

I mean, The Inside has already proved that (1) they aren't afraid to move things along at a rapid pace and put in bunches of odd twists (which is AWESOME), and (2) they only have this season, so they might as well throw *all* the options into it. :lol: So for those reasons I was like "yay she dies!" but then when she lost the baby it was just... Like, I think killing her off would have been better coz it would have been SO sudden and dramatic, it would have been more of a shock and horror thing. With this, it's almost anti-climactic. And it still doesn't solve any problems. But honestly, I've seen shows do SO MUCH worse *coughAliascough* so I'm not complaining.

Back