The new character on alias

okelay

Cadet
SPOILER WARNING FOR NEW CHARACTER!

i hate her already
18082003a.jpg

yeah i do too.. but maybe shell be okay.. not that vaughn should llike her.. but maybe shes not the bad giy.. or maybe she is...

What is it that you hate about her? The fact that she accepted a proposal from Vaughn? Or is it because Vaughn gave up on looking for Sydney? Maybe it's because Vaughn found love where you wouldn't expect it? I take it you'd turn down Vaughn if you were in Lauren Reed's position then. :rolleyes:

Lauren Reed Supporter #24 ^_^

AliasALIAS said:
What is it that you hate about her? The fact that she accepted a proposal from Vaughn? Or is it because Vaughn gave up on looking for Sydney? Maybe it's because Vaughn found love where you wouldn't expect it? I take it you'd turn down Vaughn if you were in Lauren Reed's position then. :rolleyes:

Lauren Reed Supporter #24 ^_^
I'm with you. (Should I take a number?)

I think that a lot of this reaction is because people are identifying with Sydney strongly and reacting as they'd react if their boyfriend were taken away--without thinking it through with any kind objectivity or trying to take another viewpoint, such as Vaughn's or Lauren's. Really, I find a lot more to be angry with in Vaughn than Lauren, don't you? All we really know about her so far is that she accepted a proposal from a nice guy. Vaughn's the one who waited less than "almost 2 years" to move on and get married. But we can't get mad at Vaughn, can we, because he's "perfect." So we have to find ways to blame this new person and hate her. She must be evil and responsible somehow. That's why I hope to heaven she's not evil. So that Vaughn has to take responsibility for his actions!
:smiley:

I have to agree with you two (Verdantheart and AliasALIAS). I don't understand why people get so mad at Vaughn's wife (or Alice, for another point) when they really haven't done anything wrong. Couldn't it be a possibility that she doesn't even know about Sydney, also?

i just cant believe- i wont- that vaughn would give up so easily.
since day 1 we see him worried sick for sydney
and you want me to believe that he would just give up and go and get married to the first woman he finds?
he wouldnt do that. there's no way. i dont think he would even consider a date.
therefore, she must have done something to him
and from what i've heard, she'll be evil.

What is it that you hate about her? The fact that she accepted a proposal from Vaughn? Or is it because Vaughn gave up on looking for Sydney? Maybe it's because Vaughn found love where you wouldn't expect it? I take it you'd turn down Vaughn if you were in Lauren Reed's position then. 

Would you like to be a rebound? second, maybe third or fourth choice?
would you like to be with a guy that is not in love with you, but with someone else?

Patomac said:
I have to agree with you two (Verdantheart and AliasALIAS). I don't understand why people get so mad at Vaughn's wife (or Alice, for another point) when they really haven't done anything wrong. Couldn't it be a possibility that she doesn't even know about Sydney, also?
Pat, I'm totally with you. ^_^ See, we agree in so many things! :D I don't understand why so many people hate Lauren Reed. I mean, they haven't even done anything wrong. -_- Pat said everything I wanted to say, so...yeah. What she said. :P

(BTW, "Pat", do you have a name??)

~Shammi~

i'm sure she isn't bad or a horrible person...and i can't blame vaughn for moving on...its just that geez...hasn't syd had a hard enough life...she has lost both of the men that she loves...i just don't want vaughn to be married. poor syd.

I'm gald that people are coming to their senses. After all she's more of a victim than Syd. She's the one married to a man that is in love with another woman. That has to be hard, specially now that the 'other woman' is back. Because wether we like it or not, Syd is the 'other woman', she's not Vaughns wife, and we are going to have to deal with it. So as far as I see it, we can be selfish and blame poor Lauren that has been thrown in the middle of everything or blame Vaughn who was so brokenhearted that obviously felt that if he didn't move on then, he never would be able to continue with his life.
And to be honest, I can't find anyone to blame. I've never been in such a situation, so I can't judge them at all.

okelay said:
i just cant believe- i  wont- that vaughn would give up so easily.
since day 1 we see him worried sick for sydney
and you want me to believe that he would just give up and go and get married to the first woman he finds?
Give up? From what we understand, they thought they found Sydney--her remains. How is that "giving up so easily"? It would be more like denial to insist that she's alive against all evidence to the contrary and with no evidence supporting her survival (hm, seen a lot of that going around lately, perhaps you expect him to be in it, too). I expect that of Jack (as a parent) more than Vaughn. And, frankly, Vaughn really does like to avoid dealing with emotionally painful subjects (like Irina being Sydney's mother), so it's very much in character for Vaughn to avoid dealing with the pain of Sydney's death by moving on as quickly as possible and trying to sweep it under the rug. If anything, his moving on quickly (ironically) may show just how much he does care.
;)

You guys make some very good points, we shouldn't write her off just because she did something most of us would do in a heartbeat. We don't know the whole story. Plus we all know that eventually Syd and Vaughn will be together again.

But even though I'm doing to do my best to give her a chance, there is still a small part of me that simply cannot and will not like her. I just can't help it!

verdantheart said:
If anything, his moving on quickly (ironically) may show just how much he does care.
;)
Good point. After all, Vaughn pursued a relationship with Alice while he was in love with Sydney. Maybe this is the same sort of thing.

And-- let's face it, as much as I love Sydney and Vaughn together, two years is a significant amount of time. It took Sydney less than two years to move from Danny (who was her fiance, not just her boyfriend) to Vaughn.

And what if Danny somehow came back from the dead? I bet people wouldn't be rooting for Sydney to get back with him. ;)

please, dont mention any spoilers
any at all.
and for me, anmy info about alias 3rd season is a spolier

The fact that Vaughn is married isn't a spoiler because that was already revealed. Who it is could be, but it's really hard to avoid because it was widely announced by official sources. Personally, I'll take this spoiler. It's the others that I'm unhappy about!
;)

i didnt mean that, you said something about her remains. that wasnt shown to us on the finale, therefore, is a spoiler!!!

Back