The new character on alias

okelay said:
would you like to be with a guy that is not in love with you, but with someone else?
So does that make Mrs. Vaughn a bad character? Absolutely not. It makes Vaughn an idiot (dare I say :P) for proposing to someone he doesn't love. There are no faults in this marriage, because love is love and it happens. It isn't a bad thing. But if you really want to blame someone, why Lauren Reed? Some people say Vaughn was on the rebound. Oh, so it's Lauren's fault Vaughn proposed (presumably). To the contrary, if Lauren proposed, it's Vaughn's fault for accepting (and you can't say Lauren seduced him. Then it would be Vaughn's fault for not controlling himself). Some even say that Vaughn was drunk when he proposed. That makes Vaughn irresponsible, not Lauren. Vaughn moved on.

Again, put yourself in Lauren's shoes. The man you love proposes to you. What do you say? "You don't really love me. You love Sydney." Or maybe, "No, you're on the rebound." Quite possibly, "You're not thinking clearly. You don't want to marry me." Try this: "Don't give up on Sydney. Keep looking for her. Cheat on me with a person we think is dead." None of this is realistic. The very fact that Vaughn started dating her shows that he moved on, let alone proposing. So why is Lauren Reed a scapegoat in all this?

I don't get it. Vaughn fell in love, Lauren fell in love, Sydney was out of the picture. ^_^

okelay said:
i didnt mean that, you said something about her remains. that wasnt shown to us on the finale, therefore, is a spoiler!!!
They "thought she was dead" as in they had reason for thinking that (this would make the spoiler "mild"). Ms Garner pretty widely broadcast that particular tidbit, so I felt that there was a fan alive who hadn't heard about that one. Sorry about that!
:(

AliasALIAS said:
okelay said:
would you like to be with a guy that is not in love with you, but with someone else?
So does that make Mrs. Vaughn a bad character? Absolutely not. It makes Vaughn an idiot (dare I say :P) for proposing to someone he doesn't love. There are no faults in this marriage, because love is love and it happens. It isn't a bad thing. But if you really want to blame someone, why Lauren Reed? Some people say Vaughn was on the rebound. Oh, so it's Lauren's fault Vaughn proposed (presumably). To the contrary, if Lauren proposed, it's Vaughn's fault for accepting (and you can't say Lauren seduced him. Then it would be Vaughn's fault for not controlling himself). Some even say that Vaughn was drunk when he proposed. That makes Vaughn irresponsible, not Lauren. Vaughn moved on.

Again, put yourself in Lauren's shoes. The man you love proposes to you. What do you say? "You don't really love me. You love Sydney." Or maybe, "No, you're on the rebound." Quite possibly, "You're not thinking clearly. You don't want to marry me." Try this: "Don't give up on Sydney. Keep looking for her. Cheat on me with a person we think is dead." None of this is realistic. The very fact that Vaughn started dating her shows that he moved on, let alone proposing. So why is Lauren Reed a scapegoat in all this?

I don't get it. Vaughn fell in love, Lauren fell in love, Sydney was out of the picture. ^_^
:eek: Wow. You go Admin! [Don't know your name. . -_- What is it??] I completely agree with you. You are sooo right. Just wow. You made your point so clear. Everything I wanted to say, you said it. ^_^

:eek:fftopic: What is it with you, Shammi, and having to know everybody's name?

And I already feel sort of bad for what's-her-name. Does everybody realize that we're making her out to be worse than Sloane? And Sloane has killed mass amounts of people. What's Vaughn's wife done? Married Vaughn. Call the U.S. Marshalls, honestly.

By the way, that last paragraph was hypothetical, because I'm the one and only person left in denial (or at least the thread). It's not going around any more. Contained within me. :D

i dint hate her..juss the fact that shes the one thats replacing syd..but...=/,...what can i say, im in denial

i just cant accept that he's married.
maybe i shouldnt blame her, i should put myself in her shoes,
yeah, you're right.
but i cant do it.
i hate her and i think that vaughn didnt marry her on his own will
how, i dont know
but that's how i feel.

i can. i dont see how everyone gets so worked up about it. then again more than half this site is girls and im a guy so maybe its just a girl thing

freelancer1 said:
i can. i dont see how everyone gets so worked up about it. then again more than half this site is girls and im a guy so maybe its just a girl thing
It's a shipper thing. I've seen some shippery guys get pretty worked up on Buffy sites. Personally, I'm trying to get people to calm down and give the girl a chance, but then I'm not an S/V shipper, nor am I a huge Vaughn fan.
;)

Ditto. I'm female, not a S/V shipper nor a Vaughn fan. I mean I was a Angel/Buffy shipper, but you move on :rolleyes: . Strange people.

well, i am totally s/v shipper and vaughn fan.
and i remember the same thing happened when in the xfiles 8th season doggett appeared.

okelay said:
and i remember the same thing happened when in the xfiles 8th season doggett appeared.
Yeah. Funny. And I had pretty much the same reaction--only more so. I wasn't big on the shippy side of the show, they had gotten too far away from creepy and tried to do too many quirky episodes, and Mulder had seemed to get whinier and whinier, so I was kind of happy to welcome in the no-nonsense Doggett, plus, I like Robert Patrick (I think he's a better actor than Duchovny--just my opinion, try not to chew me out too hard!).

So maybe this is kind of like that only much better (and you thought I was off-topic). Alias didn't let the UST go on FOREVER and the union happen off-stage (mistake) as X-Files did. However, they were left with the problem that relationship-wise they were at the end-point (happily-ever-afters-ville) if they didn't shake things up. Did they ever shake things up!
;)

Patomac said:
I have to agree with you two (Verdantheart and AliasALIAS). I don't understand why people get so mad at Vaughn's wife (or Alice, for another point) when they really haven't done anything wrong. Couldn't it be a possibility that she doesn't even know about Sydney, also?
Me too. It is not fair to judge her before you even see her do anything. The promo pic of her and vaughn is unsettling but it just isn't right.

me neither, and i dont intend to .
and robert patrick is a better actor that duchovny, but he was awesome as mulder.
but this is not the same thing, and i am sure it will be horible and she will be evil.

okelay said:
i just cant accept that he's married.
maybe i shouldnt blame her, i should put myself in her shoes,
yeah, you're right.
but i cant do it.
i hate her and i think that vaughn didnt marry her on his own will
how, i dont know
but that's how i feel.
That's how I feel too.

Patomac said:
:eek:fftopic: What is it with you, Shammi, and having to know everybody's name?
Mac,

What's wrong with knowing everybody's name?? ^_^ I just want to know everyone here in the AllAlias community. . . is that wrong? :P Well, at SD-1, everyone knows everyone, so I just want to know everyone here too! :D :P ^_^

~Shammi~

So I see the admins have been hard at work to change the title from "The new devil on Alias" to "The new character on Alias." (Laughs)
^_^

i think that caughn must be in a very bad postition right now.. lol... who does he love more.. (hopefully syd) but i think melissa (lauren) will probably turn out to be a good character.. at least we have antoher femle person on the show.. carrie and francie were the only ones a lil while ago..

Back