The new character on alias

DON'T WORRY, SYD MIGHT KILL HER BEFORE WE HAVE TO KILL JJ ^_^ [/quote]
LOL! that was funny! i hope so....(gives evil snicker)! She isnt to bad, not as pretty, but i can handle it. I mean, the hardest thing for me is picturing all the adorable s/v moments of love and worrie, and what the hell, even the fight scenes! but now he's with someone else, and it just makes me want to cry! :(

vaughn, shame shame! -_-

AliasALIAS said:
What is it that you hate about her? The fact that she accepted a proposal from Vaughn? Or is it because Vaughn gave up on looking for Sydney? Maybe it's because Vaughn found love where you wouldn't expect it? I take it you'd turn down Vaughn if you were in Lauren Reed's position then. :rolleyes:

Lauren Reed Supporter #24 ^_^
(n) (n) (n) (n) (n) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I'M GONNA TEAR HER APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL TELL SYDNEY AND I KNOW SHE'S NOT.....FOR HER NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THIS F----------------------------H---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I KNOW SOONER THEY,,,,SYDNEY AND VAUGHN WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN...............!

Alias Fan Gillian said:
okelay said:
i just cant accept that he's married.
maybe i shouldnt blame her, i should put myself in her shoes,
yeah, you're right.
but i cant  do it.
i hate her and i think that vaughn didnt marry her on  his own will
how, i dont know
but that's how i feel.
That's how I feel too.
:angelic: (y) (y) (y) YEAH...RIGHT.. I AGREE..

Come on guys she's not evil incarnate here :madfire:
As far as she (and everyone else) knew Syd was dead and Vaughn had every right to move on with his life.
I know it sucks for Syd (and all the S/V shippers out there) but you cant expect Vaughn to put his life on hold indefinitely.

I guess this makes me Lauren Reed Supporter #26 ;)

Sarahmañana said:
okelay said:
i hate her already
18082003a.jpg
me too.....

someone make her go away!!!! :Ph34r:
iiiiiii hhhhaaattteeeee hhhhhheeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
i hate her so much it makes me sick!!!!!

Thought I could like her, but now I know I never will. What did he see in her? Definitely not a nice personality!

All we know so far is that her character flaws are exactly the same as Sydney's!
:lol:

Or tell Lauren she told her so about Sark getting away . . .
;)

Verdantheart, may I ask a question? Do you enjoy playing devil's advocate and then agreeing with us? I'm sorry. I just don't understand it. Love your columns (Fan #4), just don't understand the method. Maybe I'm just being a cynic again.

And actually, I did ask a question. I do the same thing sometimes, and probably do understand it. So feel free to ignore it. I'm just crazy.

Actually, I do enjoy playing devil's advocate to a certain extent. However, I'd like to think I have a more objective view of what's going on with the characters than some of the fans who identify with characters to the point that they refuse to step back and adopt a broader viewpoint. I'd like to think that I help some of the people who visit this site think about certain aspects of the series that they might not otherwise think about and that might increase their appreciation and enjoyment of the series--and maybe even help them understand life a little better by extension.

What I'm trying to do here is point out that Sydney also has a couple of flaws--and a couple of Sydney's worst flaws (a tendency towards self-righteousness and arrogance) are shared by Lauren. Lauren, of course, showed a tendency towards a patronizing condescention that I don't think Sydney shows so much (a tendency towards being patronizing is more one of Vaughn's flaws).

However, Sydney recovered from their little catfight better than Lauren did (Lauren's reaction was to vent to Vaughn; Sydney's to try to let it go), and Sydney didn't point out that her assessment (in wanting to bring in the people) could have been considered superior in retrospect. But to their credit, both tried to get on a good footing on the plane.

So there you have the devil's advocate/balance in verbose style. I point out that Sydney has flaws too, but Sydney could have undermined Lauren but didn't. Would Lauren have done the same for her? Good question.
;)

I don't identify with Sydney so much I am willing to hate Lauren. I love Melissa George and was really looking forward to liking both Sydney and Lauren, but I took an instant dislike to Lauren Reed. She is exactly the kind of person I would avoid in a social situation. Maybe she will change in time, but it is Lauren's personality I dislike, NOT the fact she 'stole' Vaughn.
On another note, I think Sydney is handling everything incredibly well, and the fact that she recovered from her Lauren encounter so well is a sign that she is a much stronger person. Consider what Sydney has been through. Lauren's 'suffering' over the return of her husband's girlfriend doesn't even come close to that.

Natalia said:
Lauren's 'suffering' over the return of her husband's girlfriend doesn't even come close to that.
Believe me, I'm not saying that it is. (!!!!)

I'm just saying that Lauren is incredibly insecure and that she is reacting from that. Didn't I say that she was being "selfish"? Let's add "unreasonable" and "patronizing." We are seeing all her worst qualities come out. If she's always this way, do you think Weiss would in all honesty say that she's a "good person"? I don't think so. There must be some reason Vaughn married her. We just haven't seen it yet.

I didn't say all fans hated her because they identified strongly with Sydney (and I didn't even get to the "takes Vaughn away" part, although that applies to some)--I believe I said "some"; her behavior wouldn't attract an instant love on the part of most people, I'd think.

Meanwhile, I want to get a more rounded view of the character before I decide what I think of her. For example, I want to get a view of what Vaughn saw in her and get a gander at what makes Weiss say she's a good person. That's only fair.
;)

As I've said, I don't hate her. I dislike her. For now at least. Maybe she can be good, but for now, I remain the point that SWMNBNDNE is not going to be named and does not exist. (Never mind me people. Just rambling)

verdantheart said:
Natalia said:
Lauren's 'suffering' over the return of her husband's girlfriend doesn't even come close to that.
Believe me, I'm not saying that it is. (!!!!)

I'm just saying that Lauren is incredibly insecure and that she is reacting from that. Didn't I say that she was being "selfish"? Let's add "unreasonable" and "patronizing." We are seeing all her worst qualities come out. If she's always this way, do you think Weiss would in all honesty say that she's a "good person"? I don't think so. There must be some reason Vaughn married her. We just haven't seen it yet.

I didn't say all fans hated her because they identified strongly with Sydney (and I didn't even get to the "takes Vaughn away" part, although that applies to some)--I believe I said "some"; her behavior wouldn't attract an instant love on the part of most people, I'd think.

Meanwhile, I want to get a more rounded view of the character before I decide what I think of her. For example, I want to get a view of what Vaughn saw in her and get a gander at what makes Weiss say she's a good person. That's only fair.
;)
I guess Vaughn married her for a reason. And I don't think he was brainwashed, as has been suggested!

verdantheart said:
Actually, I do enjoy playing devil's advocate to a certain extent.
So do I :D But for both similar and different reasons. ;)

After Reunion, I didn't have any problem with Lauren. If I was her, I'd say the same thing about Sydney because Sydney was being... mean.

It was Lauren who tried to make an effort to be on Sydney's nice side.

[Not in a heavy thinking mood right now]

Back