the ties that bind

Carolyn i love the updates please add me to you pm list you forgot me. I really like your sarkneys, please.

Amanda
:rolleyes:

Also what other stories have you written I want to read them all, and I am trying to figure out if I have gotten to them all yet.

hey i´m back in the story. wanna know what i really liked...besides the storyline ..the link to the dresses back on page??14/15. nice idea. you put so much life in the story. really great.
thanx for the pm.
suzy

this is hard for me...but its the last chapter...so enjoy it. thanks for your great reviews, i love you all- Carolyn, xoxo

a/n- the song is Britney Spears, Everytime...italics arent workin right now- so its just my little gaps- enjoy

One Thousand Apologies Can't Mend My Heart
-the words of Carolyn-

“Julian, don’t” Sydney told him as she pulled out of his embrace. “I cant do this with you…this rollercoaster we call a marriage…or whatever the hell it is”

“Sydney, please, just give me this chance. I’m begging you” Julian pleaded with her.

Sydney sniffed, she hated doing this to him, but she had to. “Julian…we’re over…I’m going back to the CIA…” Sydney told him, sadly she had just left the CIA and mere hours later she was going back? How pathetic was that.

“Sydney…” Julian whispered gently.

“Julian, to the best of my knowledge, they don’t know where we are. But I can’t guarantee I wont have to come and get you sometime, and I am begging you…please don’t make that harder than it has to be” Sydney told him.

“Don’t go back babe” Julian told her.

“I can’t not go back…they’ve done things…to Vaughn…I need to be there” Sydney told him quietly.

“Of course, it all goes back to your agent Vaughn, why does that not surprise me?” Sark asked her.

“No- they had this memory thing done…he doesn’t remember seeing us…neither does Lauren…they remember a sunny vacation and nothing more” Sydney explained.

“And that is a bad thing how?” Julian asked her.

“It just is…so, before I have time to dwell on this more…I have to leave. I’ll miss you Julian” Sydney told him as she stood up and walked out of the room.

“Syd, wait” Julian called but she kept walking, walking until she reached the door. “Syd?”

“oh my god” Sydney mumbled before the door burst open, it was a mob of people, dressed in black, she recognized several of them. She just stood there, in awe of what was going on around her. They wouldn’t take her in. She knew that much. But she saw them go and take Julian. His eyes looked at her, pleading with her to help him. But she couldn’t, she was frozen to the spot until she felt Vaughn’s familiar arms wrap around her and take her out the door.

“Syd, are you okay?” Vaughn asked her.

“Yeah…I’m okay…um…what’s happening?” Sydney asked him.

“I was just told that an undercover agent found Sark, and they led us to him…that was all I needed to know. Babe, are you okay?” Vaughn asked her as he sat her down in a CIA truck that was just outside the house.

“I’m okay Vaughn” Sydney whispered as she watched them drag Julian from the house, he was no longer resisting, but simply staring at her, his eyes penetrating deep into her skin.

The next few days were a blur, Sydney spent them at home, curled up in a ball, watching old I Love Lucy re runs.

Then; her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Sydney, its me”

“Daddy” Sydney managed to smile.

“How are you?”

“I’ve been better Dad. What’s going on?” Sydney asked him.

“They need you to come in…they said you were coming back”

“Yes, I need to keep doing this…it keeps me sane”

“can I pick you up in an hour?” Jack asked her.

“No, it’s alright…I’ll make it fine” Sydney told him reassuringly.

“See you soon sweetie” Jack told her sweetly.

“Thanks Dad, I’ll see you, bye” Sydney told him before hanging up. ‘dammit’ she realized she was going to have to get dressed, not something she was looking forward to at that moment.

She got changed and got in her car, making the long drive into the office, to the JTF, she walked through security rather briskly before walking straight into Dixons office.

“You want to see him?” he asked her calmly.

“if it’s possible” Sydney told him.

“it is….but not for too long, just to say goodbye” Dixon told her.

“Thankyou Marcus” Sydney smiled.

“No, Syd, thank you…we wouldn’t have been here if it wasn’t for you and I know you had a great personal sacrifice to make to get to this point” Dixon smiled sympathetically at her.

“All in the name of my country” Sydney smiled back.

“Go, you have clearance” Dixon told her with a smile.

“Thanks” Sydney smiled before turning and walking out the door.

Sydney walked towards the cell’s, she wasn’t looking forward to this, but she had to do it.

She saw him, sleeping in the cell, his golden curls had been cut and he had a buzz cut, he was wearing a black t shirt and pants that matched.

“Julian…can you please stop pretending to be asleep” Sydney whispered gently.

Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong

Why carry on without me?

-No response.

“Julian, please, I want to tell you this so I know your listening” Sydney pleaded with him in hopes of a response.

Everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, you're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

“I know you probably hate me…but…I couldn’t stand by and do this with you, I couldn’t watch as you threw your life away, if you love me as much as you claimed to Julian…you’ll just give them what they want…”

I make believe
That you are here
It's the only way
I see clear
What have I done
You seem to move on easy

“If you do, they’ll make you serve some time, but…they’ll let you go, maybe…maybe if that happened…you and I would have a chance, but I need you to do this…for me…for us”

Everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
Everytime I see you in my dreams
I guess I need you baby

Sydney had let the tears fall freely at this point. It was killing her to be doing this…especially when he was blatantly ignoring her, she knew when he was only pretending to sleep.

I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song is my sorry

“Julian, I’m so sorry that I let you down, but never forget, our love was real…I loved you…I love you so much” Sydney told him.

At night I pray
That soon your face
Will fade away

“I’m not going to stop loving you…ever” Sydney whispered before turning and walking out the doors.

Everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I guess I need you baby

Julian waited until he was sure she had walked away, he rolled over and his face was stained with the marks of tears, he looked at where she had just been standing.

“I love you too”

The end

omg carolyn that made me cry so much. i cant believe it. its OVER. hahaha those couple of last sentances made me cry the hardest. thanks for taking the time to right this out.

brenda

Awww! That was sooo good!!! It was sad too though. But that's good! lol. I loved the whole fic. This was a great ending :smiley: A sequel would be great! ;) haha. lol.

My Gawd...

There better be a sequel... *coughPM-ME-IF-THERES-ONEcough*

That one was such a sad but sweet ending...

Why?! Why?! Why did Vaughn have to come and wreck it all (not blaming Vaughn or anything but WHY?!)

:(

It was a great last chapter, thanks for the PM ^_^

CAROLYN CATHERINE *Insert your two other names, cause im not gonna write them*
NOO!!!!!
*WAILS*
Do you LIKE it when your Ashee cries? DO YOU!?!?! Well congratulations, cause i did!
Sweetie, that was FANTASTIC, but SO sad! I can NOT believe you ended a fic....well three fics, but im NOT going to get into that right now....
I loved the last line, SOO much....Seriiousally, right then you can be assured i was crying extra hard, becuase that was just....((insert an appropriote word, becuase my brain is ush now))((and you can blame yourself for THAT too))
But i DID love it! And i cant wait until you start the sequel!
Thanks for sharing youre amazing writtng ability with me and the board!
Luv ya Always-Ash

Back