The Way It Is

Title: The Way it Is
Author: Me *Katy*
Category: Fluff
Spoilers: None... AU
Summary: It’s time for a wedding... Will and Francie’s wedding! Sydney and Michael have to deal with some things...
Disclaimer: Sydney and Vaughn don’t belong to me, they belong to each other.
A/N: I'm really not happy with the first chapter, but I'm posting it anyways...This is set a few months after ‘A Week Apart.’

I have good and bad news. The bad news first, this is the final story, but it’s going to be REALLY long.

The reason I started doing the short stories is so I could take a break inbetween stories. That’s not happening. Y’all are too spoiled. :P So I’m just going to finish this whole series with one long story. ;)

You don't HAVE to read the prequels to get the main idea of this, but it would help. ;)

Over the Years

Forgiveness

No Matter What

Truth

A Week Apart

Hope you enjoy. :hug:

Please re-ask for a PM. ;)

[1]

“Are you sure I’m doing the right thing?” Francie asked nervously.

”Of course, Will’s crazy about you.” Sydney smiled, trying to ease her friend’s fears.

“Am I really ready for marriage?”

”Yes.” Sydney said with finality in her voice.

Francie smiled.

”I can’t believe you and Will are finally getting married.” Sydney squealed.

”I know.” Francie said, finally regaining some of the confidence she had the past 6 months while she was planning the wedding.

”I’m so happy for you.”

”Thanks, honey.”

Sydney smiled as she shared a hug with her best friend.

Just then, Francie’s dad stuck his head in the door.

”It’s time.”

~*~

Sydney smoothed out her bridesmaid’s dress as she waited for the cue to walk down the aisle.

Sydney couldn’t believe her two best friends were getting married.

She began to walk and stopped at the spot they had rehearsed last night.

A few minutes later, the ceremony began.

Will and Francie stood by the altar. Besides Fran was her sister, Allison, the maid of honor, then Sydney, and Will’s sister Amy. Next to Will, there was Francie’s brother Chris, Michael, then Eric.

Michael, Eric, and Will had become quite the trio over the last year. They met every week for a basketball or hockey game.

Sydney listened as the Priest continued the ceremony.

She noticed someone’s eyes were on her.

Sydney looked up to be met with her boyfriend’s sparkling green eyes. She smiled as he mouthed ‘I love you.’

She mouthed it back and hoped her dad wasn’t watching her.

Although his relationship wasn’t like it was when he first met him, it was still rocky at times.
She had to resist the urge not to giggle. Sydney was a daddy’s girl, even if she was almost twenty-eight years old.

Syd winked at Michael as her eyes returned to her two glowing best friends.

She smiled sadly as her Will and Francie said their ‘I Do’s.’ Sydney’s saddened attitude didn’t go unnoticed by Michael.

He decided he would ask her about it later.

“I now pronounce you man and wife.” The priest said.

Vaughn smiled; knowing one day soon that could be Sydney and him.

He was definitely looking forward to that day.

~*~

The service was finished half an hour later. Sydney joined arms with Michael as they walked out of the church.

”God, I couldn’t stop staring at you the whole time.” Michael whispered in her ear.

”I noticed.”

“I think your dad noticed.”

“I don’t.”

”Do you think he would notice if we were late to the reception?”

”What did you have in mind Mr. Vaughn?”

”Maybe stopping by our bedroom”

Sydney shook her head and laughed, as they reached the end of the aisle. Sydney snuck a quick, but loving kiss.

”Now we get to do the best part.” Syd said sarcastically. “Pictures.”

”It can’t be that bad.”

”How many weddings have you been in?”

”Umm... Including this one, one.”

”Exactly. I’ve been in more that I care to remember, and trust me pictures are awful.”

”It can’t be that bad.”

“Just wait.” Sydney smiled.

~*~

After forty excruciating minutes of pictures, Michael understood why Sydney hated this part of a wedding.

He didn’t know there were so many ways to pose for a picture.

Then someone mention that they had taken enough pictures and Francie had started crying.

She claimed that, ‘It was her wedding and she wanted to remember this day forever. She could never have enough pictures and if they wanted they could just leave. She wasn’t going to let anything ruin her day.’

Sydney had to go to the rescue and get her to stop crying.

Michael had to resist the urge not to laugh.

Sydney noticed his amusement in all of this and hit him on the back side of the head and told him to “be nice.”

’I deserved that’ Michael told himself with a chuckle.

After the photographer took six rolls of film, Francie was finally satisfied that they had enough pictures.

Sydney and Michael watched as Will and Francie got into the limo and drove off towards the reception hall.

”Do I have to say it?” Syd asked.

”No.”

”But I want to.”

”Fine, go ahead.” Michael complied.

Sydney giggled. ”I told ya so.”

Sydney and Michael climbed into his car and made their way towards Francie’s restaurant where the reception was taking place.

Michael noticed that Sydney’s faraway look had returned as she stared out the window.

”Syd, what’s wrong?”

”It’s nothing.” She said, staring out the window.

”It’s got to be more than nothing.”

”It’s stupid.”

”It’s not stupid.”

Sydney sighed. ”It’s just that... weddings make me sad.”

”Weddings make you sad? I thought they were supposed to be a happy time.”

”They are. I enjoy them, but it always reminds me of what I don’t have.”

Michael grabbed Sydney’s hand. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

”I’m not married. I might not ever get married. It reminds me of what I don’t have.” Sydney confessed.

Michael sighed, as he pulled the car on the side of the road.

”Syd, you don’t think that we’ll ever...”

”I didn’t mean it like that Michael.”

”’Cause we will...”

”How can you be so sure?”

Michael took a deep breath as he turned towards Sydney.

”Because...” Michael paused. “I was planning a romantic dinner for the two of us. Afterwards we were going to go to the pier where we had our second-first date. We would hold hands as we walked along the pier until we reached the spot where we shared our first kiss, than I was going to get down on one knee...

Syd, I love you so much. You’re my whole world. I never want to live without you. I want to marry you and father your children. I want to grow old with you.

I want you to have the wedding of your dreams. I don’t want you to be upset at your best friend’s wedding because you’re worried that you may never have what they have.

I have a ring at home, but I wasn’t planning on doing this today...

But now seems like the perfect time. I would do anything to take all the worry out of your life. I want you to be happy. I would do anything to put a smile on your face. If relieving your doubt will do that, then I don’t care where we are.

Sydney, will you marry me?”

Sydney let a tear glisten down her cheek as she whispered, “Yes.”

”I love you”

”I love you, too.”

Sydney had a huge grin on her face.

”So you’re not going to be sad anymore?” Michael asked.

Sydney shook her head.

”Good” Michael smiled, kissing Sydney again.

”We really should go. We’re already late.”

Michael nodded as he leaned in for another passionate kiss.

:thinking:

OMV!!! This story is completely awesome! Will and Fran getting married and S/V are now engaged...:thud: Too much to handle....please add me to the PM list!!!!

Riley xoxo

Yay!
They are engaged!
That makes me so happy
And Francie and Will are married!
I'm so happy
Can I get a PM, please??
Update again soon please

OMG that was great ... yeah they are geting married ... Vaughn is the sweeyest guy ever planing it out likee that ... but this was perfect too ... aww love Syd ... ohh wounder how Jacks going to react ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

P.S. You know you love us and just cant stay away thats why this one is longer than ther others.

Katy! I LOVE YOU!!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: They're getting marrrieeeeedddd... :smiley: Now its time to find out she's pregnant! :P Well, its true... be sure to keep me on that ol' PM list of yours... since this story is beyond the best. :smiley:

Yay... They're gettin married. Have I told you Katy how much I love this story..... coz I do.. I love it heaps.

Glad this one's gonna be a long one. Can't wait for the next update.

Thanks for the PM.

Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Oh my GOSH!!!
He asked her to marry him :eek: ? Wait until spyddday finds out :whistle:
:angelnot:
But before he kills him, I want to say how happy I'm that he popped the question :P , even if it's not the best proposition :lol:
It's a good one because it never happened before, well in a fic :P

Please keep me on yr PM list :D

Thx

that was so so sweet!

it was so funny about the whole pictures thing (but what do i know i think weddings are boring... ooh they should totally elope... that would be really romantic!)

pm?

update soon :smiley:

Just answering to your post

krzykty57789 said:
Hahah! It is REALLY easy. :P

I'll update later today! HAPPY! :D
[post="1224683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Please don't make me regret living on this side of the ocean :lol: , some1 has already done this job :P
I mean yr STATS only last 30 mins, and we have several subjects for our exams and some of them last 4 hours!!! And I can't forget the fact that we have to write 6-10 pages sometimes! It's not fair!! :angry:

superspy said:
that was so so sweet!

it was so funny about the whole pictures thing (but what do i know i think weddings are boring... ooh they should totally elope... that would be really romantic!)

pm?

update soon :smiley:
[post="1224788"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG! I was just writing a chapter and they were TALKING about eloping and then I read your post and I was like WHOA!!!! :Ph34r:

ashqua said:
Just answering to your post
Please don't make me regret living on this side of the ocean :lol: , some1 has already done this job :P
I mean yr STATS only last 30 mins, and we have several subjects for our exams and some of them last 4 hours!!! And I can't forget the fact that we have to write 6-10 pages sometimes! It's not fair!! :angry:
[post="1224795"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's evil!!! We do like a worksheet and that's it. :P

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: YAY! They're getting married!! That was really, really, REALLY good! I loved it! The proposal and.. :love:! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Update soon!

xO laur

Back