The WAY It Has To Be

wow they released him out of the hospital very soon after a coma....! :P :blink: anyway, I'm glad he's ok! :lol:
thanks for the PM and please update soon!

bye,
Maartje

Chapter 23
Vaughn parked his car outside a fancy restaurant called, “The Taste of France”. He got out of the car and helped Sydney out of the passenger side, and then they walked hand in hand.

“Welcome to The Taste of France. Do you have a reservation?” A lady with a French accent greeted them.

“Yes, the name is Michael Vaughn.” He stated as he looked at Sydney.

“Okay a table for two. Right this way.” The lady said as she picked up two menus and headed for a table.

Vaughn and Sydney followed quickly behind the hostess. The hostess placed the two menus on the table and lighted two candles.

“A waiter will be with you in a few minutes.” The lady said before walking away.

Vaughn pulled a chair away from the table for Sydney and then he took a seat. The waiter came a few minutes later and asked what they wanted to drink.

“I would like some water, please.” Sydney and Vaughn replied.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to have any wine today.” Sydney said with a smile.

“I agree. I don’t want you to wake up with another headache.” Vaughn smirked.

They looked at the menu until the waiter came back and handed them their water.

“Is that all you want?” The waiter said before walking back to the kitchen with their orders.

“Yes, thank you.” Vaughn said politely.

There was some slow rhythm music playing softly in the background, and Vaughn felt like dancing.

“Would you like to dance?” He asked softly.

“I would love to.” Sydney answered happily.

Vaughn took Sydney to the dance floor and wrapped his arms around her waist while she put her hands behind his neck. Vaughn pulled Sydney closer to him as they danced, not caring who watched them. Sydney leaned into Vaughn feeling his chest rise each time he breathed. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. They stopped dancing when Vaughn noticed their waiter heading over to the table with their food.

“Our food is ready.” He whispered to Sydney.

They walked over to the table and sat down before the waiter reached their table. Just as the waiter placed their food in front of them a chef walked out of the kitchen and came to their table.

“Ah, Michael you finally have a girlfriend.” The chef said with a laugh.

“Sydney this is Oscar. Oscar this is....” Vaughn wasn’t able to finish because Oscar started to talk.

“Sydney that’s a beautiful name. I’m so happy Michael isn’t single any more. Since the first time he came here he was always eating by himself. I told him several times to go find a nice girl and bring her here, but he hasn’t until now.” Oscar said with a deep laugh.

“I have to go back to the kitchen and cook, but it was nice meeting you Sydney.” Oscar stated.

“It was nice meeting you too.” Sydney said shyly.

“Oscar is one of the main cooks here. Whenever I came here, he would take time to talk to me. He would always say to bring a nice girl next time you come, but wouldn’t. Because the only nice girl I knew was you, and you weren’t here at the time.” Vaughn said softly looking straight into Sydney’s eyes.

After they finished eating and Vaughn paid for the dinner, they went back to Sydney’s house. Sydney unlocked the door and walked into her house with Vaughn who was holding on to her waist.

“I had a great time.” Sydney told Vaughn before she kissed him.

“I did too.” Vaughn said as he passionately kissed her back.

“Vaughn, I love you.” Sydney whispered.

“I love you too with all my heart, Sydney.” Vaughn said softly.

“Vaughn, in the morning you said something about me forgetting something.”
Sydney reminded Vaughn about their morning conversation.

“I did? Ah, I... let me think. What did I say.” Vaughn said thinking back to this morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Begining of Flash Back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vaughn woke up in the early morning when a loud crashing sound came from the kitchen. He was sleeping on the couch when the loud sound had caused him to fall off the edge of the couch. He quickly picked up his gun as he stood up. Vaughn quietly walked over to the kitchen. He leaned against the wall before he turned the corner and rushed into the kitchen. He put his gun down on the counter and walked over to Sydney.

“You scared me.” Vaughn whispered in her ear.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up or make any noise.” Sydney said as she rubbed her head.

“Your head hurts doesn’t it?” Vaughn asked as he walked Sydney over to her table.

“Yes, I was looking for some Advil.” Sydney said softly.

Vaughn looked for some Advil in a box that was sitting beside the sink. Then he pulled a glass out of the cabinet and poured Sydney some orange juice. Vaughn walked over to the table and handed Sydney the glass of orange juice and Advil.

“Thank you.” Sydney stated with a small smile.

“Your welcome.” Vaughn replied.

Vaughn walked over to the coffee machine and started to make some coffee. He pulled out two mugs from a cabinet and sat them on the counter. Then he sat down beside Sydney. She looked at him for a long time, taking in the sight of his muscles and the two bullet wounds.

“Yesterday night was kind of a blur.” Sydney blurted out to Vaughn.

“Do you remember anything in particular?” Vaughn asked.

“Some parts of partying with Dixon, Will, and everyone else. I kind of remember you. You were standing in my kitchen. Then the two of us are in my bedroom; I really don’t remember how we got there. Then I remember that we... we...we kissed. After that I don’t remember anything.” Sydney said softly, her face was now red from blushing.

“You forgot the part...” Vaughn was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

“God! My head hurts.” Sydney said as she rested her head in her hands.

Vaughn got up and went into the other room. He quickly looked for his shirt and put it on. He didn’t even button up his shirt, before opening the door because he didn’t want the doorbell ringing again. Sydney walked up to Vaughn as he opened the door.

“Good morning Sydney and Vaughn. Your shirt is unbuttoned Vaughn.” Jack said looking at Vaughn and Sydney.

“Hi.” Sydney and Vaughn said together.

“I came to give you some good news.” Jack stated.

“What is it?” Sydney asked curiously.

“Helmuth, a.k.a. Matthew Prexton is now in C. I. A. custody and is being questioned.” Jack said.

“How did they get him?” Sydney asked.

“He was standing outside your old apartment and I let him in. Then I shot him with a tranquilizer dart, hand cuffed him, and then I called the C. I. A. They came and picked him up. We’re keeping him in Irina’s old cell.” Jack informed the two agents.

“Wow, that’s great.” Sydney said happily.

“You can go see him if you want to.” Jack stated.

“You can go home now Vaughn.” Jack whispered as Sydney headed over to the kitchen.

Jack left a few seconds later and Vaughn walked back into the kitchen. Vaughn turned to the coffee machine and poured the coffee into two mugs. He handed Sydney a mug filled with coffee just the way she liked it. She smiled at him and sat down at the table. Vaughn took some eggs out of the fridge and made some scrambled eggs. Then he placed a plate with scrambled eggs and toast in front of Sydney and picked up his coffee and plate. He sat down and began to eat. He watched Sydney eat.

“You’re a pretty good cook.” Sydney said.

“Actually you shouldn’t really say that. I usually burn most of the things I try to cook.” Vaughn said with a smile.

They finished their breakfast and started to put the dishes in the dishwasher. When Sydney was about to turn it on Vaughn brushed his hand against her arm. Causing Sydney to smile. They pushed the button together and walked over to the couch. Sydney started to watch a two hour long movie with Vaughn. Vaughn tried to watch the movie, but his attention kept wondering over to Sydney. Vaughn started to kiss Sydney’s shoulder where her tank top was not covering. He moved from her shoulder to her neck.

“Hey, you’re supposed to be watching the TV.” Sydney said laughingly.

“I can’t help it.” Vaughn said as he kissed part of her ear.

Sydney turned off the television and turned her attention to Vaughn. Sydney laid back on the couch as Vaughn kissed her lips. Vaughn stood up and walked Sydney to her bedroom. Sydney laid down on her bed after backing into it. Vaughn kept kissing her making the kisses deeper and deeper.

“Vaughn...” Sydney trailed off as Vaughn kept kissing her.

Vaughn stopped kissing her and looked Sydney in the eyes.

“We’re moving to fast, aren’t we.” Vaughn stated as he rolled over onto his back.

They laid on the bed for several minutes neither one said or did anything except for looking at the ceiling. Then Vaughn got an idea and broke the silence.

“I was thinking that we should go on a date. Start over from scratch. Because to tell you the truth that date where we almost got killed by those guys from SD-6 or what ever, it kind of messed it up.” Vaughn said with a smile.

“That’s sounds great. Where do you want to go on our first date?” Sydney said happily as she ran her hand through Vaughn’s hair.

“I can’t tell you, it will ruin the surprise. By the way you need to wear something nice and I’ll pick you up at seven.” Vaughn spoke as he got off the bed.

“You’re leaving?” Sydney asked with a saddened look.

“Well, I’m really not supposed to be here laying on the bed with you, when we haven’t gone on our first date.” Vaughn said with a laugh.

“Okay, fine leave. I’ll see you at seven.” Sydney said sadly.
Vaughn was about to kiss Sydney, but she moved away and playfully said, “Hey now you can’t do that! We haven’t gone on our first date!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flash Back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I was going to tell you that you forgot the part where we told each other that we loved each other.” Vaughn told Sydney.

“Wow, the most important part of yesterday I forgot.” Sydney said feeling ashamed.

“It’s okay. At least you remembered that we kissed. By the way I like your red dress. It is beautiful.” Vaughn informed Sydney as he looked at her.

“Thank you, for the complement. I must say you look very sexy in your suit today.” Sydney stated with a smile.

“Thank you Syd.” Vaughn said before kissing her again.

“Tomorrow, why don’t we go and see Helmuth or what ever his name is, and then we can go to the ice rink and play some hockey? Maybe he will know who shot me.” Vaughn stated as wrinkles started to form on his forehead.

“That sounds good.” Sydney replied as she ran her finger along his forehead.

Vaughn kissed Sydney good bye and went home, even though Sydney wanted him to stay. He wanted to make everything right and he didn’t want to rush things. He wanted to take things slowly. Yeah when that idea popped into his head, Vaughn thought it was kind of crazy and stupid. But then again it might make their relationship stronger, although it was already strong and healthy. Vaughn had tons of ideas and questions swarming in his mind as he fell into a deep sleep.

Hey everybody !!
Thanks for Reading & Replying.
Yeah I'll add you to my PM list no worries.

:woot: Working on my next chapter and also on a research paper for my English class. :thinking:

I'll try to finish this chapter sooner then the last one.

I'm back and I have a new chapter ready!! Yes, I will understand why you would want to call me a 🐒 .

Chapter 24
The next morning Vaughn had woken up exceptionally early so he could walk Donavon and take a shower. He could not wait to pick up Sydney and go to the ice rink, after visiting Helmuth. He stepped out of his shower and grabbed a towel after he turned off the water. Vaughn looked at the stitches on his body as he dried himself off. He pulled on an old pair of faded blue jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. Then he looked one last time in the mirror and left to pick up Sydney. He turned on the music and went over the questions that he wanted to ask Helmuth. As he pulled into Sydney’s driveway he pushed the questions to the back of his mind. Vaughn rang the doorbell and was greeted by an extremely happy Sydney.

“Hi Vaughn.” Sydney said with a big smile.

“Hey Syd. Are you ready to go?” Vaughn asked as he kissed her on the forehead.

“Yes I am.” Sydney said as she closed the door behind herself.

They drove to the OP Center and walked to the cell where Helmuth was kept in. Helmuth stood up as he heard the gates opening and footsteps coming his way. He started to smile when he saw Sydney walk in, but stopped when he saw Vaughn.

“Hello love. Did you miss me.” Helmuth said as he leaned against the window that separated him from Sydney and Vaughn.

“Don’t call me that. I’m not your love.” Sydney said in a sharp cold tone.

“What! You don’t love me anymore, just because I’m in a cell? I do know that it is hard to love someone when they’re in jail, but we can work our relationship out.”
Helmuth said with a forced sad look on his face.

Neither Sydney nor Vaughn said a word; they only stood silently looking at the man in the cell.

“Come on. You know we had a great relationship. Give me a second chance. You can come and visit me when ever you like since I can’t leave this place.” Helmuth kept rambling on.

“Shut up! Your making yourself look stupid. By the way our relationship was not great. It sucked. I would never give you a second chance no matter what. I do not love you and I never did!” Sydney said annoyed by the man who insisted that their relationship was great.

Helmuth looked shocked and hurt by what Sydney said. He looked down at his hands then at Vaughn. Vaughn was now standing closer to Sydney and he had placed his hand on her back. Vaughn was about to burst out laughing when Helmuth started to talk again.

“I see. I’m quite sorry, you think that. Oh well I tried. You...Sir... I know you. I remember meeting you on my first date with Sydney. How is your wife? I don’t really think your wife would like it if she found out how close you were standing by Sydney.” Helmuth said with a small smirk.

“Cut the felgercarb. We did not come here to talk about our personal life. We came here to ask you questions.” Vaughn stated sternly.

“More questions! You know what I’m feeling tired. Why don’t the two of you go ask the people who asked me questions to give the papers with all the answers to you? Because I’m pretty sure you would find answers to your own questions if you read through all their papers. Now excuse me I’m going back to sleep.” Helmuth replied.

Sydney and Vaughn watched Helmuth lie down and pretend to sleep. They stood there until Vaughn looked at his watched and notice it was time to go.

“We need to go, so we can get to the ice rink. I rented the place and I’m supposed to pay the people before 12:30.” Vaughn whispered into Sydney’s ear.

They walked out of the OP Center and got back into Vaughn’s car.

“That guy seems to be crazy or just extremely weird.” Vaughn said as he drove out of the parking lot.

Sydney started to laugh at what Vaughn had said.

“I know he wasn’t this weird when I dated him... I can’t believe I dated him.” Sydney stated.

Vaughn looked at Sydney and smiled then returned his attention back to the road. Vaughn still had questions to ask Helmuth and he would do anything to make that man answer. Vaughn finally decided that he would go back to the OP Center that day and question Helmuth. Several minutes later Vaughn pulled into a parking lot and turned off the car.

“We’re finally here.” Vaughn said as he got out of his car.

Vaughn quickly closed his door and ran to the other side of the car to open the door for Sydney.

“Thank you, Vaughn.” Sydney said with smile.

“Your welcome.” Vaughn said as he held Sydney’s hand.

After Vaughn paid the man that was letting him rent the ice rink he guided Sydney to a place to put on her skates. Sydney sat down and started to take off her shoes as Vaughn put down a pair of ice skates by her side. He then knelt down in front of her and helped her take of her shoes. Then Vaughn picked up the ice skates and helped Sydney put them on. After that he put his own skates on and helped Sydney on to the ice. They skated around in circles for along time before Vaughn got two hockey sticks and a hockey puck.

“You still haven’t kicked my butt at hockey.” Vaughn said as he handed Sydney a stick.

“Well we haven’t had time to play Mr. Vaughn.” Sydney stated with a grin.

After Sydney said that Vaughn went to the goal and Sydney skated to the puck. They played for several hours both taking turns as goalie. Vaughn had scored three goals and Sydney had scored two goals. Sydney had the puck again and was skating towards the goal.

“Sydney Bristow with the puck. She’s moving smoothly across the ice if she makes this goal she will be tied with Michael Vaughn. Let see if she’ll make it before the time runs out.” Vaughn said in a sport reporter’s voice.

Sydney moved closer to the goal then hit the puck hoping Vaughn won’t block it. Vaughn moved his hockey stick but was too late and the puck went into the goal. Sydney screamed out loud with joy after she scored again. She skated up to Vaughn who was still stationed in front of the goal. She smiled at him and put her arms around his neck.

“I scored again.” Sydney said happily.

“Yes, you did.” Vaughn replied back, before kissing her.

They skated around the rink after Vaughn put away the hockey sticks and puck. Vaughn wrapped his arms around Sydney’s waist and rested his chin on her shoulder as they glided across the ice. Sydney turned her head and kissed Vaughn on the corner of his lip. They were having so much fun they did not notice Vaughn’s ex-wife Melissa a.k.a. Zora watching them from a corner in the ice rink. When it was time to go Vaughn replaced the ice skates back to their normal spot and then walked with Sydney to his car. He opened the car door for her, then closed it and went to the driver side of the car.

“Are you hungry?” Vaughn asked checking his watch.

“Yes, I am actually.” Sydney stated.

“Good.” Vaughn said as he pulled onto the road.

They drove in silence for a long time. Both of them were looking at each other once in a while. Vaughn then turned a corner quickly and pulled into another parking lot.

“This place has really good sandwiches.” Vaughn stated as his stomach growled
loudly.

Sydney started to laugh at the loud sound coming from Vaughn’s stomach. The two of them walked into a well-lighted sandwich shop and sat down in a corner booth. A waitress walked up to them and handed them a menu.

"What would the two of you like to drink today?" The lady with an apron tied around her waist asked.

"I would like a coke, please." Sydney said looking at Vaughn.

"And you sir what would you like?" The lady asked.

"I would like a sprite, please." Vaughn said as he looked at the menu.

"Okay, I will be back in a moment." The lady said as she started to walk off.

"What is the best kind sandwich they have here?" Sydney asked as she studied the menu.

"Well I would have to say it's a tie between the cheese steak sandwich and the turkey melt." Vaughn replied as he put his menu down.

"Okay, I think I will go with the cheese steak sandwich." Sydney stated.

"Good choice." Vaughn said with a smile.

"Here is your sprite and here is your coke. Now are the two of you ready to order?" The waitress asked, as she played with her pen ready to write down their orders on a slip of paper.

"Yes, the two of us would like the cheese steak sandwich." Vaughn answered before taking a sip of sprite.

They ate in silence laughing only when cheese ran down their face, making them look like a five year old who smeared food all over themselves. Vaughn reached across the table and removed the cheese off of Sydney's chin, which caused Sydney to give him a big smile.

"You are a very messy eater Syd!" Vaughn said as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"So are you Vaughn." Sydney said as she began to laugh.

"What's so funny." Vaughn asked, as he licked the cheese off his lips.

"You have a cheese mustache and a little cheese beard." Sydney informed him as she kept laughing.

"It's my new look. Michael Vaughn sporting a new stylish look: a cheese mustache and a little beard. You don't like it do you?" Vaughn said with a reporter's voice.

"If it was actually facial hair I would like it, but it's cheese and it's about to drip on your shirt." Sydney said.

"God he's so hot!" Sydney thought to herself as she kept laughing.

She took a napkin and caught the cheese before it landed on Vaughn's shirt. After finishing their meal and Vaughn paid the bill they left. Vaughn drove Sydney back to her home. Then he went to his place to feed Donavon and drove back to the OP Center. He parked his car in the parking lot and ran to the elevator. Vaughn waited for the door to the elevator to open, but it took to long so he took the stairs. He passed people as he ran up the stairs, wishing they wouldn't stand in the middle of the stairway talking. Finally he got to his destination, and walked slowly and calmly through the door. He said hi to a few people then walked over to a monitor that was hooked up to a surveillance camera in Helmuth's cell. Vaughn watched the monitor for a while then headed for the cell. Helmuth sat down on the floor as he heard the gates open and several footsteps coming his way. Helmuth watched a guard stop in front of the door to his cell and unlock it for Vaughn. A few seconds passed before Vaughn walked into the cell and the guard left.

"You have come to see me again." Helmuth stated gingerly.

"I only came to ask you some questions then I will be out of your way." Vaughn informed the man who was still sitting.

"The world I live in is not the kind you live in. My world is dark and cold. Love is never available only hatred is. Happiness is not possible, only sadness is. I walk down streets and hallways looking over my shoulder to make sure no one is following me. I hear people yelling and crying. I hear doors slamming and glass breaking. My world is dark and cold. Your world is filled with light and warmth. Hate is never available only love is. Sadness is not possible only happiness is. You can walk down streets and hallways without looking over your shoulder to make sure no one is following you. You hear music playing and people laughing. You hear people talking softly and bugs buzzing. Your world is filled with light and warmth. You will not hear or see what I hear or see. We live in two different worlds." Helmuth recited gloomily.

"Are you done Edgar Allan Poe?" Vaughn sternly spoke.

"You hurt my feelings. I don't feel like talking to you anymore. By the way I made that up." Helmuth said as he stood up.

"We can do this the easy and painless way or we can do this the hard and painful way. It's all up to you." Vaughn said coldly with an excellent poker face.

"Oh I'm so scared! I want my mommy!" Helmuth started to laugh out loud.

"You don't scare me Agent Vaughn." Helmuth said as he ran his hand over his face.

"Fine, I guess you just picked the hard and painful way." Vaughn stated.

"Whatever, you can't even hurt a flea." Helmuth snorted.

"The first question is easy, it is only a warm up question. Who do you work for?" Vaughn asked with a glassy look in his eyes.

"You already know and if you don't I won't tell you." Helmuth said as he walked over to his bed.

Before Helmuth reached his bed Vaughn had grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"Answer my question." Vaughn said in a cool calm voice.

"Whatever." Helmuth replied back.

Vaughn lifted his left hand and punched Helmuth in the face.

"Answer my question." Vaughn spit out.

"I work for Sloane, you would have known that if you read the papers I told you to read." Helmuth said as he rubbed his cheek.

"Where you sent here to infiltrate information from Sydney." Vaughn asked.

"You are an idiot. I don't need to answer any questions from a monkey like you." Helmuth said as he started to laugh.

Next thing Helmuth felt was Vaughn grabbing him and pushing him into the wall. Helmuth lifted his hand and punched Vaughn in the side. This caused Vaughn to step back and Helmuth threw another punch, but he missed Vaughn by an inch.

"Answer the question!" Vaughn growled.

"Yes, I only came into her life to get information. Again you should read the papers that I told you to read." Helmuth blurted out.

"Do you know who shot me." Vaughn whispered.

"What I couldn't hear you." Helmuth said smiling.

"Do you know who shot me!" Vaughn yelled now really angry.

Helmuth stood still and didn't say a word.

"Answer me now." Vaughn shouted.

A few seconds passed and Helmuth said nothing. Vaughn started to punch him repeatedly. Nonstop Vaughn kept punching Helmuth, he couldn't stop himself. He was mad that Helmuth would hurt or use Sydney.
Jack walked over to the monitor and watched Helmuth get beaten up by Vaughn. For some reason Jack started to smile slightly, maybe it was because the slime ball tried to get involved with his daughter. What ever the reason was he didn't really care. Jack decided to turn off the surveillance camera and the monitor. He was about to head over to Helmuth's cell when Marshall stopped him.

"Hi, Sir. I was just wondering why you turned off the monitor and ... and ... the surveillance camera." Marshall asked as he held onto several pieces of papers, folders, and books.

"Hi Marshall. Helmuth was just sleeping so there was no point in leaving the camera on." Jack said.

"Okay. Well see you later." Marshall stated as he walked off to his office.

Jack headed for Helmuth's cell. He waited for the gates to open and then waited for the guard to open Helmuth's cell door. After the guard left Helmuth started to talk to Jack.

"This man is crazy. I didn't do anything and he's beating me up. Please help me!" Helmuth pleaded.

"You are probably getting beaten because you are not answering his questions. So no I will not help you. Vaughn go back to what you were doing. " Jack stated.

Vaughn was about to hit Helmuth again, but Helmuth started to talk.

"You want to know who shot you? I'll tell you. I shot you and I wished I killed you!" Helmuth shouted out loud.

Before Jack knew it Vaughn was hitting Helmuth in the face and in the stomach again. Jack walked over to Vaughn and pulled him away from a bloody Helmuth.

"That's enough for today." Jack stated.

Vaughn nodded and leaned against the cell wall.

"Vaughn come with me." Jack said as he walked out of the cell.

Vaughn followed Jack to a room where some old blue cell shirts were kept.

"I won't tell on you Vaughn because I never liked that man and I was going to do the same, but you beat me to it." Jack said as he handed Vaughn a blue medium sized shirt.

"I hate that man Sir. He only wanted to use Sydney and he got on my nerves. I only came here thinking that I would just ask questions and not beat him." Vaughn whispered loud enough so Jack could hear him.

"Don't worry about it. If anyone asked what happened to him I will just say that he was acting disrespectfully and causing problems. I'm also friends with the guard so he'll back me up." Jack said as he picked up two wet towels.

They walked back into Helmuth's cell and gave him a clean shirt to wear and the wet towels to clean himself up with. Helmuth wiped the blood off his face and hands then changed his shirt. Jack and Vaughn took the dirty shirt and towels and threw them away after leaving the cell. Then Jack turned on the monitor and surveillance camera and watched Helmuth for a few more minutes. He also fixed the footage of Vaughn beating Helmuth so Vaughn would not get in trouble. Vaughn got into his car and went home. Vaughn took off his clothes and put them into the washing machine and put on some pajamas that he didn't wear for a long time.

"What have I done?" Vaughn asked himself as he relaxed on his couch.

Back