Season 4 The Writer of "Another Mister Sloane"

According to imdb, this guy is a newbie. His only other recorded writing credit is shared and lies in the minimally seen indie film Pigeonholed.

My prediction: It's anyone's best guess about the quality of this eppy. I'd say it'll be somewhere between average and good, but don't expect any miracles ;)

don't be that negative ... lets just wait and see ... and then we say what its all about ... I am expecting a devilish ride tomorrow night ... :woot:

I'm always excited with new writers.....and a little nervous, too. But even from the AOL Promo, this eppy looks pretty intense. And from the normal promo, that Jack/Sloane interaction outta be TENSE!

EDIT: I take that back. I just saw the episode. Someone needs to kill whoever wrote this eppy. Terrible dialogue.

What did I tell you? I thought the episode was good, but far from miraculous like it's predecessor. The writing was poo toward the beginning. A lot of the dialogue seemed corny and forced (e.g. "Arvin Clone"), but it picked up toward the middle (and that was when there was limited dialogue). I must say I did enjoy the Nadia and Sloane interaction in his office, so props to McMullen for writing that scene. I don't know if McMullen also came up with the storyline, but if he did, some more props as well. That part was brilliant.

Tenderbear said:
What did I tell you? I thought the episode was good, but far from miraculous like it's predecessor. The writing was poo toward the beginning. A lot of the dialogue seemed corny and forced (e.g. "Arvin Clone"), but it picked up toward the middle (and that was when there was limited dialogue). I must say I did enjoy the Nadia and Sloane interaction in his office, so props to McMullen for writing that scene. I don't know if McMullen also came up with the storyline, but if he did, some more props as well. That part was brilliant.
[post="1310790"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Agreed that the writing was poo in the beginning.

After that the writing was fine. I'm not mad at Luke Mclullen. The only things that bug me are the fact that sometimes they forget EVERYTHING in the past! It's like they've never watched the show before?

-OK, all of a sudden they just make millions of the "Circumferences"?
-What the F**K happened to Project Blackhole? Where all of the Rambaldi artifacts SHOULD have been!
-The Pope Painting in the DSR, the CIA never took it from the Vatican, they only took pictures of it.
-Sydney just DOESN'T react when she sees the "Circumference" again? AND WHY THE HELL DID SHE WANT TO RIG THE EXPLOSIVES AGAIN! GOD Vaughn was almost killed last year by it! Does she forget everything?

^Those little things just annoyed me so much, it took away from the episode

Overall, though, I liked the episode. Mia Maestro, Victor Garber, and especially Ron Rifkin NEED to be handed Emmy's right now! lol

Can't WAIT for the rest of the season!

Back