This time tommorow...

F

frostydf2

This time tommorow I'll have gotten my gums cut open with a scaple, 4 of my teeth shattered, and holes all over my mouth.

Wish me luck.

Here's a game, what am I doing?

Man, ive been there. Its not too bad and you get some kick ass drugs to cope with the pain. Oh btw, i had 6 wisdom teeth and they knocked me out for 40 mins to do the entire surgery :smiley:

The drugs were fun.

I remember staring at the ceiling as it turned into an ocean. It started out with a calm waving .. then crests began to form .. finally I was out.

I woke up and began chewing on what I thought was gauze. My mother gasped, as I had chewed into my bottom lip. That hurt the next day.

Ahhh, the taste of blood for days!

I had 6 teeth removed when I got braces, and then a few years later I had to go in twice for my wisdom teeth. Each time I had anaesthesia and it was well worth it!

Recently I had a kidney stone...oh how I longed to be knocked out. Thankfully they gave me a healthy dose of morphine!

Frozz

I haven't had the "pleasure" of a kidney stone, but my brother did like 4 years ago (at the age of 16). After hearing about that, there is no way I wish it upon even my enemies.

Ow.

Just drink lots of water, and you don't get them. Stay away from pepsi! I know its hard, and I had to do the same thing with Mountain Dew. However, don't tell me how bad getting my wisdom teeth pulled without being knocked out is until I have it finished tommorow.

Awh its going to suck :(

I actually gave up caffeine and carbonated drinks.

That's because of the workout routine I started (See other thread).

In college I would drink 4 Dr. Pepper's a day.

Now, I might have some Dr. Pepper & Southern Comfort .. but even that is rare.

I just drink water and beer now.

When I was about 10, I got a kidney infection apparently from drinking too much soda.

I don't think that was what really caused it, I think they were just feeding my parents things they wanted to hear.

I say that because mom didn't even buy soda back then, and I rarely drank it, although for a period of time I would take my 5 dollar allowance and buy soda and drink it.

I'm even more convinced because I had been drinking on average a 2 liter a day (since I was 16-20 I did). Although I've been cutting down, and it's more like none or at the most half.

I like caffiene too much.

I've pretty much cut out caffeine when my wife realized it was the source of her frequent headaches. She gave up caffeinated drinks and sodas alike. Sodas are so bad for you its rediculous.

Man....I tried to stop drinking soda once...but that didn't work out very well. I swear, me trying to quit drinking soda was like a person trying to quit smoking.

Originally posted by Chaotic@Apr 21 2006, 02:36 AM
Man....I tried to stop drinking soda once...but that didn't work out very well. I swear, me trying to quit drinking soda was like a person trying to quit smoking.
Caffiene is a serious addiction, I have trouble trying to not drink caffienated things, but oh look, I drank some coffee last night.

I doubt I'll ever completely stop..

Besides that, most caffienated drinks are really bad for your teeth. My dentist told me that Mountain Dew is the worst soda on teeth.

Although I'm sure we all assume that brown sodas and coffee and tea are good teeth stainers.

Except the tea I drink isn't really tea, so it has no caffiene. (celestial seasonings, sleepytime.. mmmmmmm.....)

Originally posted by frostydf2@Apr 21 2006, 08:22 AM
I AM OK!
Told you that you'd be alright. It's just a scratch in the mouth compared to my open heart surgery. :D

when i got my wisdom teeth out, after i got out of the oral surgeons office, my parents took me christmas shopping. i didn't remember anything about that.

on christmas day, i opened up my gifts and wondered how they got me such awesome gifts. it was b/c i picked them all out and didn't have a clue. i was thinking "man... they sure did a 180 from the gifts last year. everything is the style i like and everything fits!"

GOD BLESS the happy pills they give you, and GOD CURSE dry sockets.

KickinBama

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 21 2006, 09:32 AM
GOD BLESS the happy pills they give you
Happy pills eh Bama? Interesting....

INTERESTINGLY INCRIMINATING!

A-HA! EVIDENCE! You are a drug user! Go post on my thread, I sware I won't arrest you. :D

you got me, but they were prescription. so gotcha back!
if you question me during my college days, a good portion of those on your list my have showed up in my pee though. lol.

KickinBama

Back