Touched by You

Sydney hears dead people... :D

I wonder when she'll get up enough nerve to ask someone about the office's previous occupant?

Chris

Don't forget to check out the new fic over at OI!

Chapter 3

When almost a week had passed without any more supernatural occurrences, Sydney thought she was in the clear. However, she couldn’t have been more wrong. As she was crossing her apartment from the bathroom to her bedroom after showering one evening, she spotted something in her apartment out of the corner of her eyes. Frozen in horror she turned and recognized immediately the strange man who’d yelled at her in her office the previous week. She shrieked at the top of her lungs and wrapped her towel tightly around her body after she’d nearly dropped it from pure astonishment, which would have exposed her entire body to this strange man.

“Oh my god!” she shrieked, her heart pounding so hard in her chest she was convinced it would fly out of her rib cage. “Who the hell are you?! What are you doing?! How’d you get in here?! WHY ARE YOU STALKING ME?!”

“I’m not stalking you!! You’re stalking me!!” the man retorted.

“WHAT?!” Sydney screamed. “This is my apartment!!! You were in my office!! Who the hell are you?!” she demanded.

“Look lady,” the man said as he took a step towards Sydney.

“NO!! No, stop!!” Sydney shouted as she backed away from him. She backed herself all the way back into the bathroom and panicked, realizing she’d trapped herself. Frantically looking around she grabbed the only weapon in sight: a toilet plunger. She held it up menacingly in front of her with one hand while holding on her towel with the other. “Stay back!! I mean it!”

“A plunger? What are you gonna do – plunge me to death?!” he asked, obviously not afraid at all.

“Either tell me who the hell you are or get the hell out of my apartment or – no, better yet – GET THE HELL OUT OF MY APARTMENT!” she demanded, taking a long range swipe at him with the plunger.

“Look,” the man said, holding up his hands so that his palms were facing her, “I’m not going to hurt you, I just-”

“OUT!” she shouted. She swung the plunger towards him, meaning to hit him on the head but the plunger didn’t hit the man at all. In fact, if Sydney didn’t know any better she would have said that she had hit him but for some inexplicable reason the plunger passed right through him. The man seemed entirely unfazed so Sydney took another swing. That time, she watched, utterly bewildered, as the plunger passed right through the center of his head.

With a scream Sydney exclaimed, “What the hell are you?!” But through her shouting, she glanced for one second at the plunger and when she looked back to the strange man he was gone. She let out a slight squeak of confusion as she rushed forward to the spot where he was standing and waved her arms wildly around as if trying to find him under some sort of cloak of invisibility.

“Oh my god…,” she sighed when she came to the only semi-rational conclusion she could think of. “My apartment is haunted!” she whimpered. She stood there for another few minutes until realizing she was still in her towel, at which point she quickly returned the plunger to the bathroom before going into her bedroom. Once there, she had a horrifying thought. If her apartment was haunted by the random man who kept showing up, did that mean he could see her at all times including when she was changing, sleeping and showering? Shivering at the thought, Sydney quickly changed her clothes a la high school gym class - doing everything possible under the towel and then doing the rest at lightening speed.

“This is great, just great,” Sydney muttered as she threw back the covers to her bed, glancing around as she did so. She flicked off the lamp beside her bed and slid underneath the covers, lying flat on her back and staring up at the ceiling. Why did she, of all people, have to have a haunted apartment? Even more so she wondered why she had to get stuck with a cute ghost? Oh no, she couldn’t have a scary ghoul with green skin and rotten teeth. No, no… her ghost had to be straight out of the pages of an Abercrombie catalog.

“If you’re listening Mr. Ghost-Man – I hate you!” Sydney shouted up to her ceiling.

~*~

The next morning when Sydney awoke her ‘oh my god, I’m being watched from the hot ghost in my apartment!’ paranoia took over. She retrieved the clothes she’d be wearing that day to work and crawled underneath the covers of her bed with them to change, praying ghosts didn’t have x-ray vision. As she brushed her teeth, her eyes darted around the mirror, waiting for him to pop up behind her, causing her to jam her toothbrush into the side of her mouth.

He never appeared that day, though. Or the next. He did appear the day after that, though, in Sydney’s office, just as she was about to take a bite of the soup she was eating for lunch. “Why must you eat on my desk?!” he demanded of her. Luckily she had yet to put the spoon in her mouth so, when she gasped as his appearance, she didn’t choke to death.

“You!” she hissed, dropping the spoon back into the soup cup. “You’re haunting my apartment and my office!! Can’t you just leave me alone?!”

“Whoa, lady calm down!” the man said. “What are you talking about… haunting?! I’m not haunting! This is my office!”

“Oh yeah?” Sydney exhaled. She was growing more and more irritated by the second with her chiseled jaw poltergeist. She balled up a scrap of paper from her desk and threw it at the man across from her. She had to admit even though she’d convinced herself two days earlier he was a ghost she was still shocked to see the paper fly right through his stomach as if he wasn’t even there.

The man looked down at the spot where the paper had passed through his body and then back up to her. “How’d you do that?!” he asked with confusion.

“WHAT?!” Sydney shrieked. “Hello!! You’re a ghost!! G-H-O-S-T ghost!! Now, do I have to call an exorcist? Ghost busters? WHAT?! Or are you just like Casper and you want to be my friend? Cause I gotta tell you, pal, I only befriend those with pulses and I am not,” she paused to pull something out of her top desk drawer (something she’d stashed the day before, “afraid of ghosts!”

“What is that?” the man squinted to look at what she had in her hand. “Is that… a cross?”

“Yes, yes it is!” she said as she held up the tiny charm in front of her. In her mind, she somehow figured that if she had a cross the ghost wouldn’t hurt her. The only problem was that the only cross she had was a very tiny one on a gold chain that she’d gotten for her tenth birthday from her grandparents. “So stay back!”

“Um…okay… look if you’d just get out of my office-”

“This is my office!” Sydney cut him off, her voice raising. “So, why don’t you get out of MY office you…you…freak!”

“Sydney,” Mary said from the doorway to Sydney’s office, “what are you yelling about?”

“Um…,” Sydney hesitated. Her eyes darted over towards where the man was standing but she noticed that, not surprisingly, he was gone. “Nothing…just a phone call… with my mother…,” she lied quickly with a nervous laugh. Mary nodded her head, though she gave Sydney a very peculiar look as she left her office. Sighing, Sydney collapsed back onto her chair wondering if there was really any legitimate way to un-haunt her office.

lmao mary must think she is nuts
oh i love the fact that she thinks her ghost is hot and the acmebromie line was just perfect

Oh yeah. . .I loved the way they spoke to each other. . .
And did i mention before that i find it facinating how a ghost can sneak into anywhere? :D

great update!

Zoe :hug:

Even more so she wondered why she had to get stuck with a cute ghost? Oh no, she couldn’t have a scary ghoul with green skin and rotten teeth. No, no… her ghost had to be straight out of the pages of an Abercrombie catalog.

“If you’re listening Mr. Ghost-Man – I hate you!” Sydney shouted up to her ceiling.
:lol: Mr. Ghost-Man is a cute ghost. Well.. duh.. it's Vaughn. *sigh*

I love the humor in this story. Sydney is totally freaking out... :lol:

Great chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Great update. I wouldn't want to unhaunt anything if I had a ghost that looked like Michael Vaughn.. which I'm presuming this one does.. does that make me crazy???

“NO!! No, stop!!” Sydney shouted as she backed away from him. She backed herself all the way back into the bathroom and panicked, realizing she’d trapped herself. Frantically looking around she grabbed the only weapon in sight: a toilet plunger. She held it up menacingly in front of her with one hand while holding on her towel with the other. “Stay back!! I mean it!”

“A plunger? What are you gonna do – plunge me to death?!” he asked, obviously not afraid at all.

plunge me to death :lol: so hilarious... the poor woman is so freaked and I can't help but laugh at the situation :P the picture is waaaay too funny :rolleyes:

Even more so she wondered why she had to get stuck with a cute ghost? Oh no, she couldn’t have a scary ghoul with green skin and rotten teeth. No, no… her ghost had to be straight out of the pages of an Abercrombie catalog.

Oh yeah, he sure is some nice yummie Abercrombie hottie 🤤 :love:

Obviously, the ghost doesn't know he's dead. Also, not only is Sydney occupying his office but she must also have his apartment.

And since the ghost can understand and follow a conversation, Sydney might as well find out who he is. That is, before Mary calls the funny farm and has Sydney taken away. :rolleyes:

Chris

Love your story so far. In the last chapter it was funny how you made Syd react to him, and her slight attraction was funny. Great story, keep updating!

I'm guessing that used to be Michael's office and he is in a coma somewhere but his spirit is still "working" in that office. I'll bet Sydney is in for lots of strange occurrances.
I'm still sticking to that theory.
I'm still going with my original theory. It appears that he doesn't know that he is "dead". He thinks he is still working in that office. Is it possible that her new apartment used to be his? Since he appeared to her in the apartment, too. What a coincidence if she is occupying both his old office and old apartment.

I love that she considers him to be a cute ghost. He's not nearly as scary that way, either.
She needs to ask about who had her office previously.

I'm still going with my original theory. It appears that he doesn't know that he is "dead". He thinks he is still working in that office. Is it possible that her new apartment used to be his? Since he appeared to her in the apartment, too. What a coincidence if she is occupying both his old office and old apartment.
um yeah too coincidental so no on the apartment ;)

hahah awesome!!!
but i dont think janet will go the same exact way the movie went, she's way to creative to have us KNOW the ending already. i bet it'll be completely different and fluffy and Janet-esque.

Back