Back To You

This is the third one in this series. A Missing Link > Unfaithful > This.

Title: Back To You
Summary: Sequel to “Unfaithful”

“Syd?” He asked quietly. “What are we gonna do tomorrow?” He asked, and she detected a tone of sadness in his voice. It hurt her that she had hurt him so much for so long.

“I’m all yours.”

“Really?” Michael asked, hoping beyond hope she was back again.

“Yeah.” Sydney smiled and kissed him lightly.

“What about…” Michael could even put into words that he knew about her cheating on him.

“Done. Over. Never, ever again.” She looked down ashamed and he could see tears in her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks.

“Don’t cry baby.” He tried to wipe away her tears with his thumbs and she leaned into his hand. “It’s ok.” He soothed.

“No, it’s not Michael. You don’t deserve me. You deserve someone who’s… who’s…” She couldn’t finish the thought, knowing he knew what she was talking about.

“You’re back now. That’s all that matters.” He sat up and pulled her into a hug, she continued to cry as he rubbed small circles on her back.

“You’re not gonna leave me?” She asked and looked into his eyes, seeing the love that she had seen all those times before, back when they were happy. She could get lost looking into his emerald eyes, but decided to leave that for another day.

“Never.” He smiled slightly. “I’ll love you till the day I die. I promise.” He kissed her lightly, looking deep into her chocolate eyes. “Forever and ever.”

“Me too.” She smiled and lay her head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. She quickly fell asleep, but Michael stayed awake a while longer, content on watching her sleep. He smiled and placed a kiss on her head, following her into sleep.

***​

Weeks passed quickly, Sydney and Michael spending every minute together, generally being the happy couple they once were. They went out to dinner regularly, went mini-golfing, bowling, and ice-skating, just having fun spending time with each other.

Sydney seemed totally happy and just like her old self. Michael was overjoyed to have her back and always tried to make her feel loved, leaving roses wherever she went, sending her love notes, giving her candy.

He never asked questions about that time, and tried to block it out. It was the worst time of his life, but he wanted to make the most of their new time and stop thinking about the bad memories.

He had almost forgotten about it when Sydney became distant again. There were certain moments when she would space out and not hear what he was saying. It scared him because it brought back his fear of her ever leaving him again. He couldn’t deal with the pain of losing her and never knowing, so he had to confront her. They were eating dinner one night when he noticed her fade away again.

“Syd.” He called, trying to get her attention and pull her out of the trance.

“Huh? Yeah?” She tucked her hair behind her ear nervously. He had caught her and she knew it too. “What? I’m sorry, I must have spaced.”

“Syd, you keep doing that.” Michael sighed and watched as Sydney tucked un invisible piece of hair behind her ear. “You need to talk to me.”

“I’m sorry Michael. I really am.” Sydney sighed and looked down at her plate sheepishly. “So, so sorry.” Michael saw a few tears slip down her cheeks and went to her side.

“Sydney, you can tell me.” He pleaded.

“You wouldn’t love me if I did.” She sobbed, covering her face with her hands. Michael pulled them back and tried to wipe away the tears.

“I’ll always love you.” He professed. “No matter what. Just tell me.”

“Well, I… I mean, I think I’m pregnant…” Michael’s jaw dropped and he smiled widely.

“Syd, that’s good. You don’t have to be sad about that.” He tried to encourage.

“But… I had a miscarriage… and it’s… just… Michael, I killed our baby!” She sobbed, latching onto Michael.

“Oh, Syd.” He blinked hard a few times, trying not to cry. “That’s ok, we can always try again.”

“No, Michael! You don’t understand! That’s why Michael!” He became confused by her shouting. “That’s why I was with Julian! That’s why you couldn’t love me! It was all my fault!” She collapsed into his arms, he rubbed her arms soothingly, trying to get her to calm down.

“But wait, that means… You could still be pregnant right?” He asked, thinking about what she had said.

“I guess… I mean… I’m late… but I haven’t gone to the doctor.” She tried to hold back more tears from coming.

“That’s great Syd. I don’t care what you did before. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is you’re here now, and I could be a father soon. I love you.” He kissed her tenderly, smiling at her. She cracked a small smile, wiping at her wet cheeks.

“Michael?” She questioned quietly. “Will you come to the doctor with me?”

“Of course.” Michael pulled her into a hug and held her tightly.

***​

The doctors appointment went by quickly and they were informed that the baby was healthy and a completely different case from the last pregnancy. Sydney was greatly relieved by this and Michael was overjoyed at the thought of being a father. But he was also scared to death of being a bad father. Sydney assured him he would do fine.

Nine months passed by for the couple and after a painful five hours of delivery, almost forty seven ‘you-did-this-to-me! I-hate-you!’s later, they were holding a beautiful baby girl.

“She’s so precious.” Sydney cooed.

“She’s wonderful.” Michael smiled at the infant taking in the sight of mother and daughter together.

“How about Natalia?“ Sydney suggested.

“Perfect.”

***​

“Michael! Get the camera!!” Sydney yelled from the livingroom.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” He rushed in, camera in hand. He turned it on and positioned himself so he could watch his little girl take her first steps.

“Comere, baby. Come on Nat, you can do it.” Sydney cooed, holding her arms out for little Natalia to walk into. Michael grinning broadly, memorized by this seemingly small event in his daughter’s life. He couldn’t wait to show this video to the rest of his family. He was so proud of his princess.

***​

Sydney and three year old Natalia were sitting on the floor in the livingroom, playing with dolls. Michael stood by, watching his little family. He hated to interrupt their playtime, but it was time for dinner and he didn’t want their food to get cold.

“Syd. Time to get up.” He said, extending his hands to help his six month pregnant wife up.

“Pretty soon Mommy wont be able to play on the floor.” She groaned, placing a hand on her back and walking into the dinning room after Natalia.

“Mommy, baby’s crying.” Natalia informed her mother, as if she couldn’t hear. Sydney placed her hand on her daughter’s head, smiling down on her.

“I know, sweetie.” She took a seat at the table and fixed a plate for them.

“I’ll get her.” Michael left the room and came back with a baby in his arms.

“Hey Sabina.” Sydney cooed, taking her child out of her father’s arms. “Have a good nap?” She rocked the bundle back and forth and joined her family at the dinner table.

Michael couldn’t help but think back to that night almost four years ago when she came back to him. Everything changed, and their lives got better every day.

{Fin}

Thanks For Reading & Please Review!

YA I love happy endings!!!!!
I'm glad they put it all behind them and moved on!!!!
And I loved the names....soo cute!!!
Great update!! Loved it!!

hehe, courtesty of my daughter. hehehe. Nadia Sabina Jasmine Natalia...whatever... i plan ahead ;)

Sabina is from The Unbearable Lightness Of Being..anyone see that?

That was so good!
I loved this whole series, so glad that it turned out perfectly!
Thank you so much!!

Any other stories, make sure to pm me!!

Back