U.S. Open Tennis

I hope Andre Agassi can come away with his 3rd Open title. His play at the Tennis Masters Cincinnati and then in D.C. has been very encouraging. Although, his draw isn't that good. He's in Federer's quarter and I think Roger Federer is the favorite. The only thing going against Federer is he has never played that well at the U.S. Open. On the women's side, I hope Maria Sharapova has a good run. Look out for Lindsay Davenport.

I hope Agassi wins too. He should be retiring soon and I'd like him to retire as a champion.

on the woman's side I'm cheering on Sharapova and Hantuchova!

I've been a Sharapova fan since the Open last year. I haven't had a women's player to cheer for since Seles has been gone with injuries. I've been a big Mary Pierce fan as well but she's coming to the end of her career now. It would be great for Maria to follow up her Wimbledon win with an Open championship. It'll be tough though. Laura Granville gave her all she wanted last night.

Andre Agassi rolled on today 6-4, 6-2, 6-3 over Jiri Novak. Sharapova was upset by Mary Pierce. I was torn as for who to root for. I really like Maria but Mary has always been one of my favorites. When it comes down to it, I'm really happy for Pierce. She doesn't have too many years left so it's great that she's playing well.

I also saw an interview with Monica Seles this evening. She looked good and is still trying to get healthy to make another comeback. I wish her the best. She has been my favorite women's players since 1989 or 1990. I think about what could have been for her and her tennis career if not for the attack in Germany. She had the women's tennis world by the throat at that time and was not going to let go. Who knows how many more majors she would have by now.

Agassi moved on into the quarters today with a nice win over Sargsian. This quarterfinal against Roger Federer has the potential to be the best match of the tournament. Can't wait for Wednesday night.

Davenport beat V. Williams today as well. It was a great day. Now if only Capriati can take it to Serena tomorrow. It'll be tough for her though.

Agassi put up a great fight last night and today. That quarterfinal will probably be the best match of the second week of the tournament. I just hope Andre comes back for at least one more try.

I did not have the good fortune to see the great tennis players of the 50's, 60's, 70's and early 80's but I really do think we are seeing who could be the greatest men's tennis player to ever pick up a racquet in Roger Federer. He plays like no one I've ever seen. Completely effortless tennis. I'm glad I'm around to see him play.

Yeees! Go Sweden!! Roddick was good, but Joachim even better! What a match! and I hope he will beat Hewitt tomorrow! Can't miss that match.. I hate the time-difference though, I was awake all night..
Who will win the US Open?
I think Capriati will win the women's tournament and that Joachim Johansson will win the the men's.

Isabella

I will agree with the Federer sentiment.... I think even John McEnroe has said that at one point.... I'm bummed that I didn't get to see Agassi play.... oh well....

Just got to say: GO CAPRIATI, GO.... alot of people are saying that Serena was robbed... I don't agree... Serena had like 59 unforced errors.... so one bad call didn't decide the match....

I cannot believe both Capriati and Davenport lost today. I really did think it would be an all-American women's final. But hey, Dementieva and Kuznetsova deserved it. They played well. Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day of tennis. The 2 men's semis and then the women's championship. Should be great.

well Agassi showed he's still got it. He went 5 sets with the #1 player in the world, Federer. I hope he can win a Grand Slam soon before he retires.

I'm glad Roddick lost. I just don't like him. Johannson looked impressive with his service.

What a match by Roger Federer. To win 3 Grand Slams in one year is just an incredible feat. And the way he won the U.S. Open against Hewitt. He gave us all a lesson on how tennis is supposed to be played.

Back