Unforseen Confessions

This is a great fic! Would you mind sending me a PM when you update it? I really like how you have taken lines and scenes from the show, and mixed them in with your writing. Great job! I can't wait for an update. (y)

After picking up the ice cream Sydney went home. Francie was sitting on the couch as she was last time. Sydney smiled and closed the door.
“It’s about time.” Fran said.
“Sorry.” Syd said. She walked into the kitchen and took the ice cream out of the bags, she grabbed two spoons and walked over to the couch, she plopped down.
“Where’s Will?” Syd asked.
“Oh, he had a date, I think her name was Jenny or something.” Fran said.
“So, what did you talk about?” Fran asked.
“What?” Syd asked.
“You and your guy friend.” Fran said. Sydney swallowed the ice cream she had put in her mouth.
“Oh, uh, we just caught up on things.” Syd said.
“Okay so you have to tell me his name.” Fran said.
“It’s Michael.” Syd said.
“Michael? Sounds hot to me, is he hot?” Fran asked.
“I don’t know, he’s just my friend.” Syd said.
“Well, then as a friend, is he hot?” Fran asked. Sydney smiled.
“He’s French.” Syd said.
“Oh dear lord!” Fran said looking up at the ceiling, Sydney laughed.
“That’s all I need to hear.” Fran said. Sydney smiled and shook her head.
“He could be an ugly French man that’s 50 years old and has two kids and a wife.” Syd said. Francie looked at her.
“Is he?” Fran asked. Sydney let out a laugh.
“No.” Syd said. They burst out into laughter.
“Okay, so give me a description.” Fran said. She put down her ice cream and curled her feet up Indian style on the couch waiting for Sydney to continue.
“Well, he’s tall.” Syd said.
“Yeah.”
“He has blonde hair and green eyes.” Syd said.
“Can I have his number?” Fran asked. Sydney laughed.
“Sounds good to me, so why aren’t you all over this guy?” Fran asked.
“First of all he’s a friend, second there are rules at the bank that says you can’t date co-workers.” Syd said.
“Plus, it’s only been 8 months since Danny died. I think I should wait a little longer.” Syd said.
“Syd, Danny wouldn’t want you to be stuck at home and unhappy. He’d want you to go back out there and start dating again.” Fran said. Sydney put down her ice cream.
“I know, but it just feels like I’m betraying him.” Syd said.
“No, being cheated on is betrayed. Moving on with your life isn’t.” Fran said. Sydney looked down at her hands.
“You know, I uh, I think I’m going to go to bed, I have to get up early tomorrow.” Syd said. She grabbed her ice cream and headed to the kitchen. She threw it in the sink.
“Night.’ Francie said.
“Good-night.” Syd said. She smiled at her friend, walked into her bedroom and closed the door.
-Next Morning-
Sydney woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. 6:45. She laid there for a moment wrapped up in her warm sheets, staring at the ceiling. It was gloomy out and already raining, any other person would probably call in sick, but not her, she couldn’t. She threw the sheets off her and got ready for work, another day in he**.
-CIA Ops Center-
Sydney walked into the Ops Center, Vaughn was talking to Weiss over at his desk. Sydney walked towards them.
“Hey.” Syd said.
“Hey.” They both said.
“So did they find out where the disk is?” Syd asked.
“Yeah, Jenski wasn’t lying. A team was sent out last night, they retreved the disk, it was in Germany. They’re on their way back now.” Vaughn said.
“What do we thinks on it?” Syd asked.
“Well, Kendall seems to think that it’s a list of codes, to what? We don’t know, yet.” Weiss said.
“The question is, why does Sloane want them so bad?” Syd asked. They were all silent.
“Well it could be…”
“Agent Bristow! In my office now!” Kendall yelled across the ops center. Everyone looked at Sydney then got back to work.
“Son of a…I talked to him yesterday, now what does he want from you?” Vaughn asked.
“I guess I’m about to find out.” Syd said.
“Try not to laugh when his whole head turns red, he’ll get really pissed.” Weiss said. Sydney laughed and walked towards Kendall’s office. Vaughn watched her walk away. Weiss watched his friend.
“Dude, why are you staring at her?” Weiss asked. Vaughn tore his eyes away from her and looked at his friend.
“No reason.” He said.
“Mike, she’s your asset, if you start to make this personal, it could get you both killed.” Weiss said.
“Weiss, you don’t need to lecture me.” Vaughn said.
“I’m just saying, if Kendall finds out then he may assign her a new handler.” Weiss said.
“That wont happen, there’s nothing going on.” Vaughn said. He walked back to his desk. Weiss sighed.
“Nothing yet.” Weiss said. Sydney walked into Kendall s office and sat down.
“What the he** were you thinking?” Kendall asked.
“Excuse me?” Syd asked.
“Killing Woloch, you know, I was fine with letting Vaughn be your handler. But I’m not sure if he’s ready, he gave you the wrong orders, killing Woloch was not an option and I don’t know what gave him the idea that I would approve of it.” Kendall said.
“He didn’t.” Syd said. Kendall let her continue.
“He didn’t order me to kill Woloch, I killed him myself.” Syd said.
“Oh great, just great.”
“He discovered me, if I didn’t kill him he would have gotten back to Sloane, then Sloane would have killed me.” Syd said.
“Well how do we know Sloane doesn’t suspect you now? You did kill Woloch, I’m sure he’ll find out.” Kendall said.
“I’ve taken care of it.” Syd said.
“Whatever, from now on you don’t make decisions like that, as for Vaughn, he will not give you those kind of orders, I will. Don’t make the same mistake twice, otherwise it may cost you and Agent Vaughn your jobs.” Kendall said. Sydney didn’t say another word, she just got up and left. She went back to her desk and sat down. She logged into her comuter and began to type up a report. Just then her pager went off.

Sloane.

-Three Months Later-
Vaughn sat on his couch with a cup of coffee, reading his father’s journal. William had written about every mission he was going on, or went on. Vaughn turned to June 16, 1976. He started to read what his father had written, about mission objectives, and layouts. He was reading along until he came upon a name, one he wasn’t familiar with.
Irina Derevko
Vaughn was curious so he kept on reading. As he did his mouth opened in complete shock. How did he miss this? How did he complete read over this? The search was over, he had found the name he had been looking for since he joined the CIA. Vaughn quickly wrote the name down and drove to the Ops Center. He walked up to one of the Tech guys.
“I need you to find out who this person is.” Vaughn said giving the young agent the piece of paper.
“Irina Derevko? She’s a terrorist.” The agent said.
“What?” Vaughn asked.
“Yeah, she killed over 13 agents over the last 30 years.” He said. Vaughn stood there.
“I want to know everything about her, when you find something e-mail it to me.” Vaughn said.
“Sure.” The agent said. Vaughn walked over to Weiss. Vaughn was pale, today was defiantly going to be long.
“Mike, what’s wrong? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.” Weiss said. Vaughn sat in the chair next to Weiss’s desk.
“I found my fathers killer.” Vaughn said. He looked up at Weiss.
“What?” Weiss asked.
“Yeah, I found the name in one of his journals.” Vaughn said.
“Dude, who is he?” Weiss asked.
“It’s not a he.” Vaughn said. Weiss looked at him confused.
“Her name is Irina Derevko.” At that name Weiss’s mouth dropped.
“They’ve been trying to catch her for years.” Weiss said.
“I know…”
“Agent Vaughn.” The tech agent said. Vaughn looked across the room. The agent nodded. Vaughn walked to his desk followed by Weiss. He opened his email.

Irina Derevko

Born: Russia
Current location: UNKOWN
Alias:
Katherine Bell
Janet Winston
Laura Bristow
Carrie Sutter

Organization: KGB
Marital Status: CLASSIFIED
Weiss and Vaughn read through the rest of the file. Vaughn was stuck on one particular name.
“Oh my gosh.” Vaughn said softly.
“What?” Weiss asked. Vaughn pointed to the screen. Weiss's eyes widened.
“No way! You don’t think…?”
“I mean there can be tons of Bristow.” Weiss said.
“Right?” He asked Vaughn. Vaughn was staring at the desk, as if in a trance. Weiss saw Kendall walking over to them. Weiss exited the program and stood by Vaughn.
“Hey get back to work.” Kendall said.
“Yes, sir.” Weiss said. Kendall walked away. Weiss squatted down by his friends side. Vaughn was white as a ghost.
“Do you want me to find out for sure?” Weiss asked. Vaughn just sat there.
“Mike, come on I’ll tell Kendall your sick and I’ll drive you home.” Weiss said. He grabbed Vaughn’s forearm. Vaughn yanked away slightly.
“Just, leave me alone, okay?” He asked. He didn’t even look at Weiss. Weiss stood there.
“Okay.” Weiss said. He walked back to his own desk and sat down. Sydney walked in moments later. She saw Vaughn and he was sitting at his desk clearly with something on his mind, and he was pale. ‘Is he sick?’ Sydney walked over to Weiss.
“Hey.” Syd said. Weiss turned around.
“Hey, Syd.” Weiss said.
“Hey is Vaughn okay, he looks sick.” Syd said. Weiss looked over at Vaughn.
“Oh yeah, he’s fine, just, just a long day.” Weiss said.
“Weiss, it’s only 8:30 in the morning and he’s already having a bad day?” Syd asked.
“Yeah, hey, um, what was your moms name?” Weiss asked.
“Laura, Why?” Syd asked. Weiss swallowed hard. Sydney knew something was wrong.
“Weiss what the hell is going on?” Syd asked.
“Nothing.” He said.
“Don’t make me kick you’re a**.” Syd said. Weiss didn’t laugh.
“Well if you wont tell me I’ll just ask Vaughn.” Syd said. She turned around.
“Sydney, no.” Weiss said. He jumped up and grabbed her arm. She turned around.
“What?” Syd asked.
“Vaughn’s not in the mood.” Weiss said.
“Yeah, I can see that.” Syd said.
“But I want to know what’s going on.” Syd said. Weiss sighed.
“Come with me.” Weiss said. He led her to an empty meeting room.
“Sit down.” Weiss said. She sat down and he sat down next to her.
“Sydney, The reason Vaughn is acting weird s because, well,” Weiss sighed and looked down at his hands.
“He found out who killed his father.” Weiss said. Sydney’s mouth dropped open, she froze.
“What?” Syd asked.
“Sydney, I….” Weiss stopped.
“I think you should look at this alone.” Weiss said. He put a file in front of her. Weiss got up and walked out of the room. Sydney sat there, she took the file in her hands and opened it. She began to read it. Irina Derevko killed Vaughn’s father. She didn’t get to much farther. She sat there, frozen. ‘It can’t be.’ Irina Derevko was also Laura Bristow. ‘No, it’s a lie.’ She kept telling herself. She knew there was only one way to find out. Sydney walked out of the meeting room on a mission to find her father, she secretly looked for Vaughn but he was no where in sight. She found her father sitting at his desk.
“I need to talk to you now.” Syd said. Jack saw Sydney was on the verge of tears. He followed her into another meeting room.
“What’s wrong?” Jack asked.
“Tell me the truth. Mom didn’t die in a car accident did she?” Syd asked.
“Sydney, what are you talking about?” Jack asked.
“Answer me.” She said. She was starting to break down.
“No.” Jack said. A tear fell onto her cheek.
“She worked with the KGB?” Syd asked.
“Sydney don’t do this.” Jack said.
“Tell me.” Syd said Jack sighed.
“Your mother left when you were six, she used me to get information for the KGB. Her name wasn’t Laura, it’s Irina Derevko.” Jack said. Sydney stared at him.
“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” She asked hurt.
“Sydney, I tried to keep you from getting hurt.” Jack said.
“I can’t believe you.” She said. She walked out on him.
“Sydney!” She slammed the door. She couldn’t stay there any longer, she grabbed her keys and went home.
-Later that Night-
Sydney woke up at about 7:00. It was already dark outside. She had a headache from crying so much, and she hated it. How was Vaughn ever going to forgive her? She picked up her cell phone and pressed 1 on the speed dial.
“Hello?” He answered. The sound of his voice made her start to cry again, he sounded lost, and hurt.
“I need to talk to you.” She said. Vaughn could tell she was crying.
“Yeah, sure, warehouse one hour.” Vaughn said. She hung up.
-Warehouse-
Sydney was standing in a corner when Vaughn walked in. She looked at him. He looked tired, and strained. They looked at each other. She still had tears in her eyes. Vaughn set down his keys on the table.
“Syd, what’s wrong? Are you hurt?” He asked stepping towards her. She saw he was worried, like everything he was upset about was gone, he was only worried about her. She just stared at him.
“Why do you do that?” She asked.
“Do what?” He asked.
“Why are you so selfless? Why are you always worried about me?” She asked. He shrugged confused on the topic.
“I just worry that’s all.” He said.
“What about you? What’s wrong?” Syd asked.
“Nothing.” He said.
“Vaughn, you can’t say that, I saw you at work today, I know there’s something wrong.” Syd said. He swallowed.
“It’s not important.” He said. She shook her head.
“But it is. I don’t know why you wont tell me, maybe it’s because you hate me, or…”
“Hate you? Sydney why would I hate you?” Vaughn asked. Her lip quivered.
“Because of my mother.” She said. That was it, she broke down. She put her hand over her mouth and backed up until she was against the wall. She needed support so she wouldn’t fall. Vaughn’s expression lightened. He walked over to her and took her in his arms. She buried her head in his shoulder.
“I’m so sorry.” She cried.
“I’m so sorry.” She cried again. She had let everything go. Vaughn rubbed circles on her back.
“Shhhh, Sydney it’s okay, everything’s fine.” Vaughn said. She pulled away.
“No, it’s not, Vaughn my mother killed your father. How can you ever forgive that.” Syd asked.
“Sydney…”
“It’s all my fault.” Syd said. She tried to walk past him. He grabbed her hand and pulled her back. He held her by the shoulders.
“Sydney, look at me.” He said. She kept looking away from him. He turned her chin.
“Look at me.” He said. She looked into his eyes.
“Don’t you ever, blame yourself for what happened. It wasn’t your fault, so stop acting like it was. Second, Syd, I don’t hate you. I don’t know why you would get that idea…”
“Because my mother hurt you and your family.” Syd said.
“Yes, she did, but Sydney, you’re not her. I can’t hate you for something your mother did. I couldn’t hate you even if I wanted to. You have no idea how amazing you are Sydney, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. My father wouldn’t even want me to hate you or blame you for this.” Vaughn said. He brushed a loose strand of hair out of her face and behind her ear.
“So stop blaming yourself.” He said. She let out a sob and hugged him again.
“I was so afraid I was going to lose you, I thought you would hate me.” Syd said.
“You won’t lose me, and I don’t hate you.” He said. ‘Gosh her life is so screwed up, what am I saying? So is mine.’ Vaughn finally pulled away 5 minutes later after she stopped crying.
“You okay?” He asked.
“I’m never going to be okay with this, but as long as you can handle it, so can i.” She said. Vaughn smiled.
“Good.” He said. ‘ I think we just broke protocol, and it felt damn good.’
“So, now that we’re done talking about me. What about you? I mean, it cant be easy finding out your mother worked for the KGB.” Vaughn said.
“It’s not, I cant believe my father never told me about her, he makes me so mad.” She said.
“I think he was just trying to protect you.” Vaughn said.
“By what? Keeping the truth from me!?! She asked her voice rising a little.
“Syd, settle down, okay, I didn’t mean to make you mad.” Vaughn said. Sydney sighed.
“It’s not you, it’s him.” Syd said.
“Yeah, but remember he was betrayed by the woman he loved. It couldn’t have been easy for him either.” Vaughn said.
“Yeah, but he didn’t have to take his anger and regret out on his 6 year old daughter. He scarred me for life.” Syd said.
“Want to know what I think?” He asked.
“Sure.” She said.
“Just promise not to get mad.” Vaughn said.
“I wont.” Syd said.
“But if I do I’ll just kick you’re a**.” Syd said. Vaughn chuckled.
“I think that maybe growing up like that made you stronger. Sydney, do you think you could do this job if you had the best childhood ever? I think the situation caused you to be more independent, it made you smarter, stronger, and gave you perspective. But then again, you were hurt, by the people you loved. Which is why I think it’s hard for you to let anyone in…” Vaughn stopped, she was about to say something. He put his finger over her lips.
“Let me finish.” He said. She let him continue.
“I think you were afraid, afraid that if you let someone in they would use you and hurt you. And you didn’t want to feel that sort of pain again. Trusting someone doesn’t come easy to you. It’s hard for you to figure out if someone is playing you or not, and most of the time you don’t want to waste what time you have trying to figure them out. But if you don’t let someone in, people might stop trying to get in.” Vaughn said. He stopped. He stood there in front of her. She was just staring at him.
“When I first met you, I didn’t trust you. I didn’t want to trust you and be let down…”
“I’ll never let you down.” He said. She smiled weakly.
“I thought you were like everyone else, just here to use me then discard me once you were done, I just didn’t want to be hurt.” She said. Vaughn looked straight into her eyes.
“I will never, hurt you.” He said.
“If I do, I give you full permission to kick my a**.” Vaughn said. Sydney laughed.
“You know you lied about my kicking you’re a** the first time.” Syd said.
“Would it make you feel better if I told everyone you kick my a**?” Vaughn asked.
“No, you can keep your dignity.” Syd said. Vaughn smiled.
“Thanks.” Vaughn said.
“Yeah. I’m sorry I called you, I hope I didn’t ruin your evening.” Syd said.
“Are you kidding me, I was sitting on the couch silently praying you would call.” Vaughn said. Sydney smiled.
“Really?” She said surprised.
“Yeah, Weiss was over, and wouldn’t leave me alone about today, I swear 10 more minutes and he would have been dead.” Vaughn said. Sydney laughed.
“So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?” Syd asked.
“Uh, going to my moms house. Nothing special.” Vaughn said.
“Not spending it with the misses?” Syd asked.
“What? Oh, you mean Alice?” Vaughn asked. Sydney nodded.
“No way, we broke up 2 months ago, the girlfriend from he**, I swear. She thought I was having an affair.” Vaughn said.
“And were you?” Syd asked smiling.
“Only with my job.” He said.
“I swear she thought I was her slave or something, like I was supposed to be with her every second of the day.” Vaughn said.
“Well she just loves you.” Syd said.
“No, it wasn’t that. She didn’t trust me, thought I was off with another woman, she thought that she was the only woman that I should hold conversations with. She got mad one time when I said Merry Christmas to the lady at Starbucks.” Vaughn said. Sydney laughed.
“Okay, that doesn’t sound like love, it sounds like obsession.” Syd said.
“Exactly, and you know the worst part? She keeps calling me. I’m surprised my phone hasn’t rang yet. She usually calls me at about this time, I just ignore it now.” He said. All of a sudden his cell phone started to ring. Sydney burst out into laughter.
“I had to open my big mouth.” He said. He pulled it out and checked the caller ID. It was her. He was about to put it back in his pocket but Sydney stopped him.
“Give it to me.” She said.
“Syd, don’t do anything stupid.” Vaughn said.
“Come on you wuss.” Syd said.
“Wuss! Are you calling your boss a Wuss?” Vaughn asked.
“I can kick you a**.” Syd said.
“Good point.” He said. He handed the phone to her. She took a deep breath and answered it.
“Hello?” She said.
“Uh, hi is Michael there?” Alice asked.
“Who’s asking?” Syd asked.
“Tell him its Alice.” Alice said.
“Alice, you mean his exgirlfriend?” Syd asked.
“Well actually…”
“Well see there’s a problem. Michael doesn’t love you anymore, he loves me now, and I’m his new girlfriend. He’s been telling me that you keep calling so here’s your warning.” Syd said. Vaughn sat in the chair with his hands over his face.
“If you ever call Michael again, follow him, he** if you even think about him I’ll find out where you live or work and I’ll come kick you’re a** myself. Then I’ll get a restraining order on you so you can’t come with 5 miles of my man. He loves me now, and I love him. You got that WE ARE IN LOVE.” She said slowly.
“Oh and sorry, Michael isn’t here right now and if he comes home from work one day and tells me you called again, Girl you’re going to have one he** of a problem. Good-bye.” Syd said. She pressed end. She took in a deep breath.
“That was fun, got anymore people you want to scare the felgercarb out of?” Syd asked. Vaughn looked up at her and smiled. He just burst out laughing. She had never seen him laugh this hard, the little vein in his forehead was popping out.
“What?” Syd asked.
“You are truly amazing, but you should have done it in an accent.” Vaughn said.
“I could call her back and yell at her in 9 different languages.” Syd said. Vaughn laughed again. But then got serious. He looked at her.
“This is one of the worst days I’ve had in a long time, and still you manage to make me laugh.” Vaughn said. Sydney smiled.
“I don’t know how.” Syd said.
“I do, it’s because you’re Sydney Bristow.” Vaughn said. ‘Can he get any cuter?’ she thought.
Sydney just smiled. ‘Okay, if she doesn’t stop looking at me like that I’m going to fall over and die. This woman is going to be the end of me.’ he thought.
They were both silent.
“What are you doing tonight?” Vaughn asked.
“What?” Syd asked taken by his question.
“Do you have somewhere to be?” HE asked.
“No, not really.” She said.
“Good.” He said getting up.
“Come with me.” He said. He grabbed his keys and then grabbed her hand leading her out of he caged area and down the concrete hallway. ‘Don’t hyperventilate, oh my gosh, he’s holding my hand, oh gosh, oh gosh.’ She swallowed hard but didn’t let go of his hand. They walked outside of the warehouse.
“Do you know where the observatory is?” He asked.
“Yeah, why?” She asked. He let go of her hand.
“Meet me there.” He said. She just stood there looking at him.
“Go ahead, I’ll leave two minutes after you.” He said. She smiled and walked to her car. She got in.
‘Gosh I love that man.’ Sydney’s eyes widened.
‘What did I just say? Where the he** did that come from? It’s only a crush, just a crush.’ She drove to the observatory. Vaughn followed 2 minutes later. Sydney pulled up to the observatory and got out of the car. She walked up to the railing and looked out over the city, it was lit up beautifully. She was startled when someone walked up next to her. But relaxed when she saw it was Vaughn.
“How do we know SD-6 isn’t watching?” Syd asked.
“I took care of it.” He said. Sydney smiled.
“It’s beautiful.” She said.
“Yeah, it is.” He looked at her.
“You can actually see the stars from up here, to hard to see them in the city.” Vaughn said.
“Yeah, I haven’t been up here in ages.” She said.
“I love it, it’s so calm, it’s nice to get away from down there.” He said nodding his head toward the city. Sydney looked up in the sky.
“So where is Orion’s belt, I never could find it.” Syd said. Vaughn looked up into the sky.
“It’s kind of hard to find.” He said.
“There.” He said. He pointed above them.
“That’s the Little Dipper.” Syd said.
“No it’s not.” He said.
“Here.” He said. He took her hand and pointed her finger outward. He stepped behind her. And looked up. ‘This is not happening’
‘What am I doing, how am I going to get out of this one?’
He traced invisible lines in the air outlining the constellation. She wasn’t paying attention at all.
“See it?” He asked.
“Yeah.” She said. They dropped their hands.
“Why do they call it that anyway?” Syd asked.
“What Orion’s Belt?” He asked. She nodded.
“I don’t really know, I guess because there’s a line of stars in the middle of the constellation and they thought it looked like a belt. Why they called it Orion, I have no clue.” He said.
“So where is Polaris?” She asked.
“At the tip of Ursa Minor.” He said. He stuck his arm out over her shoulder so she could see his line of view.
“There.” He said. She smiled.
“How do you know where they all are?” She asked.
“I studied Astronomy in high school. Where we lived you could usually always see the stars at night. I just got used to seeing them all that now I can point them out easily.” He said.
“Come on.” He said. He started walking farther down. She followed him. He stopped and she stopped at his side. He looked at his watch.
“3 more minutes.” He said.
“3 minutes till what?” She asked. Vaughn just stood there and looked at the sky, she did the same.
“Till that.” He said. Sydney was in awe when she saw bright lights shoot across the sky.
“A meteor shower.” She said staring at the sky.
“Yeah.” He said. They watched the meteors stream across the sky.
“Make a wish.” He said. He looked down at her.
“Vaughn their meteors not shooting stars.” She said.
“It’s close enough for me.” He said. Sydney smiled. She looked back up to the sky and closed her eyes for a brief second, then opened them back up. She blushed when she felt Vaughn’s eyes on her.
“What did you wish for?” He asked. She looked at him.
“I can’t tell you.” She said playfully. He smiled.
“But I’ll tell you what it was if it ever comes true.” She said.
“Promise?” He asked.
“I promise.” She said. They both smiled. He grabbed her hand once again as he did earlier that night and they started to walk slowly toward the observatory again.
“Okay, say you were trapped on a island, no radio, nothing to communicate with, and no people. What are the 3 things that you couldn’t live without, that you would have to have?” Vaughn asked. Sydney laughed.
“Where did that question come from?” She asked. He shrugged.
“I don’t know where half the things I say come from.” He said. She laughed again.
“3 things.” She said pondering.
“Well a life time supply of coffee flavored ice cream.” She said. Vaughn laughed.
“Ice cream?” He asked.
“Yeah, I love that stuff, plus I can work off all the extra weight I gain from it by running.” She said. Vaughn shook his head.
“I doubt you’ll get fat from ice cream.” He said.
“But I will get fat.” She said.
“That’s not what I meant.” He said. She laughed.
“I know.” She said hitting his shoulder with hers.
“I’d have to take guns.” Syd said.
“Oh your trapped on an island and you want to get violent.” Vaughn said.
“Well a girl has to eat. I can’t hunt animals without proper weaponry.” She said.
“Okay, okay, coffee flavored ice cream, guns, and?” He said waiting for the third.
“My journal.” She said.
“If I didn’t have a journal; I would go crazy, not being able to write what I felt or thought. I would go crazy. My journal was the only thing I had for a while, the only thing I could write in and know that it wont betray me, or give away my fears or secrets.” She said.
“Well, until I met you, now I think I use you more than I use my journal.” She said.
“And I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I mean good for me obviously, at least I have someone I can talk to and trust. But I feel sorry for you having to put up with me.” She said.
“I feel sorry for myself.” He said. She hit him on the arm.
“Oww, I’m kidding.” He said. They both laughed.
“I’m glad you talk to me to. It’s feels good, you know, to be here, to know I’m helping you in some sort of way.” He said. She smiled.
“In some sort of way? You help me a lot, much more than you need to, heck you don’t have to help me at all, but you still do.” She said.
“I do because I want to.” He said.
“I’m not going to back out on you now or anytime soon.” He said.
“Thank god for that, I think I would go insane having to do this alone.” She said. He smiled.
“Okay, Mr. Vaughn, it’s your turn, three things you couldn’t live without, besides me.” She said. He laughed.
“Come on.” She said.
“Okay, um, a hockey stick.” He said.
“Of course, I should have guessed.” She said.
“Hey, you’re bringing ice cream.” He said making a funny face. She laughed.
“What?” He asked.
“How did that go again?” She asked. He made the face again and she laughed.
“Okay, back on topic.” He said.
“Second, I would bring, Funions.” He said. She laughed.
“You mean those potato chips that are like onion rings?” She asked.
“Ah, but you’re wrong my dear. They are onion rings, they’re just dry and crispy.” He said. She laughed.
“Okay, artificial onion rings, one more thing.” She said. Vaughn didn’t have to think very long.
“This.” He said. He held up his right hand, there was a silver band on his ring finger. She looked at him.
“It was my fathers wedding ring, he never wore it on missions, in case he got caught, he didn’t want anyone to know he was married. He thought if anyone knew someone would come after my mother and i.” He said.
“This is the most important possession I have.” He said. She was silent. He squeezed her hand slightly.
“Stop thinking about what you’re thinking about.” He said. She looked up at him.
“Vaughn…”
“No, we already talked about it, and I told you, it’s okay.” He said. She shook her head.
“So, back to fun stuff, who’s your favorite singer?” He asked.
“John Mayer.” She said.
“Wow, that was fast.” He said.
“And yours?” She asked.
“Let me guess, Brittany spears.” She said.
“Why on earth would you say that?” He asked raising his eyebrows.
“Because she’s usually half way naked whenever she’s on TV.” She said.
“Oh, so you think I’m just interested in her body?” He asked.
“Every guy is.” She said.
“Not all guy’s. She tries to be sexy, but she just looks like a slu*.” Vaughn said.
“Vaughn.” Syd said.
“It’s true. Besides a girl who doesn’t like to impress everyone by using her skin is much sexier. Why dress like that, it doesn’t look comfortable. I’d rather be with a girl that wears a sweatshirt and jeans on the weekend and that has a good down to earth personality than go out with a girl that wears revealing tops and short skirts with her thong hanging out.” Vaughn said. Sydney covered her face with her hand.
“I can’t believe I’m talking about this with you.” She said.
“What?” He asked.
“I’m only telling you the truth.” He said.
“Would you rather I lie to you?” He asked.
“No, I have to much of that in my life.” She said.
“Which is why I’m honest with you.” He said.
“You know, I’m not saying skin is a bad thing, I just don’t like it when a girl does it to get attention.” He said.
“I’d rather her be comfortable.” He said.
“You’re sweet.” She said.
“Yeah, yeah.” He said.
“Anyway, my favorite singer is Frank Sanatra.” He said.
“Franks good.” She said. They reached the end of the Observatory and turned around and started to go back the way they had come.
“Do you believe in fate?” She asked out of the blue.
"Fate?” He asked.
“Yeah.” She said.
“Sure, to some point. I mean I believe we were put on this earth for a purpose, but ultimately we decide our fate. We decide what our future will be, there are so many choices we have to make, each one can lead to a different path.” He said.
“Why do you ask?” He asked.
“I was just thinking, maybe I’m supposed to suffer, maybe, I’m supposed to have a crazy life, full of spying, lying, betrayal.” She said. He stopped and turned towards her.
“Sydney, you don’t deserve this life, you deserve better, it’s just, some people have an easier time getting there.” He said.
“I wish I was one of them.” She said.
“I’ve missed so much in life.” She said. They started walking again.
“I never go to clubs, or go to the movies, I don’t do a lot of stuff normal people do.” Syd said.
“You’re not normal.” He said.
“Gee, thanks.” She said.
“No, I mean in a good way. You’re just, your different.” He said. She smiled.
“So why were you put on this earth?” Syd asked.
“To help you.” He said.
“Seriously.” She said.
“I am serious. Meeting you changed my life.” He said.
“In a good way, you made me realize what’s important.” He said. They were silent the rest of the time back to their cars, just enjoying being there. The silence wasn’t uncomfortable. They finally reached the cars. They stood by her driver side door.
“Well, I guess I’ll see you later.” He said.
“Yeah.” She said. They stood there for a moment.
“Thank you, for being here for me.” She said.
“You never need to thank me.” He said. He smiled. She walked backwards slightly, pulling his hand a little, she let go of it and opened her car door. She got in and closed the door. She rolled down her window.
“I’ll see you soon.” She said.
“Good-bye.” He said. She shook her head back and forth.
“Don’t ever say good-bye. Good-byes are only for people that are never going to see each other again. And unless you plan on fleeing the country…”
“I’ll see you later.” He said laughing and smiled. She smiled.
“That’s better.” She said.
“Careful driving.” He said.
“You too.” She said. She smiled and backed out of the parking spot. She waved as she drove off.
‘Dear god I’m falling for her.’ He thought. He got into his own car and drove home. Sydney arrived home at about 11. Francie was in the kitchen and Will was sitting there watching her cook.
“Hey Syd. Where have you been?” Fran asked.
“I’ve been in Heaven.” Syd said. They both looked at Sydney.
“Really, I thought that was only for dead people.” He said. Francie threw a piece of broccoli at him.
“Hey, people in Somalia would die for that piece of broccoli.” Will say.
“So mail it to them.” Fran said.
“What happened sweetie?” Fran asked. Sydney smiled.
“I have a crush on a guy.” Syd said.
“Okay, I’m leaving.” Will said. He got up.
“Hey don’t forget your broccoli.” Fran said. She took the piece of food of the counter and threw it at him again.
“Stop throwing vegetables at me!” Will cried. He went into his room.
Francie and Sydney laughed.
“Okay, so who’s the guy?” Fran asked. Sydney just looked at her friend.
“Michael?” Fran asked. Sydney shook her head.
“You would not believe what I just did tonight.” Syd said.
“Should I guess?” Fran asked.
“No, cause you’ll never guess. We went to the observatory, and talked, he brought me there to look at the stars and the meteor shower.” Syd said.
“Okay, please tell me this guy is not a science geek?” Fran asked.
“No, gosh no. To tell you the truth I don’t know what made him want to take me there, besides the stars.” Syd said.
“So what did you talk about?” Francie asked.
“everything.” Syd said.
“And…” She said. Francie waited for her to continue.
“And?” Fran asked.
“And we held hands.” Syd said.
“Oh, look at you Ms. Risk taker.” Fran said.
“Shut up.” Syd said.
“Sorry, so when am I going to meet him?” Francie asked.
“Never.” Syd said.
“What?” Fran asked.
“Well, we can’t date, it’s the rules.” Syd said.
“Syd, since when did you ever follow the rules? You only have one life on earth, cherish it.” Francie said. Sydney smiled.
“I know, I should.” Syd said.
“I’m going to bed, I’m beat.” Syd said. She yawned as she got out of the chair.
“Night.” Fran said.
“Night.” Syd said. She went to her room and closed the door.

That was the most amazing thing that i have ever read! You're such an amazing writer...i loved that update so much...Vaughn was just so sweet, damn stupid protocal!!

Please update soon and thanks for the pm!

Ahh, that was so lovely!! Especially the latest chapter, could those two be any more sweeter? :smiley: I hope you update soon, this story rocks.

/Ebony

Sorry, it's the first week back at school and it's always crazy. I should have some more up soon. Sorry for the wait.

'S okay, I'm just really impatient. Sorry. :smiley: Update when you can, no rush. I'll practice being patient. :smiley:

/E

Back