We Were Partners

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>We Were Partners

A/N: I don't own any of the 'real' characters, they belong to JJ Abrams, ABC, etc. But I do own the characters I make up.

A/N/N: Please R&R (read and review) I have some more chapters written and I will not continue this story unless I get 5 reviews at least.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Chapter One~*~</span>

We were partners. That’s the thing that hurts. We were partners. Not just on the countless missions we went on together, but in life. It was like we were meant to be together. Was. Not any more. All because of some stupid little mistake I made.

She told me I lost faith. She was right. And as much as it hurts to admit that she was right yet again, I do. I do. Those words haunt me. Those were the two simple little words that change everyone’s life. Those were the words that, over two years ago, I imagined saying them in front of all of our family and friends and to Sydney. Not to Lauren Reed. But I said them to Lauren Reed.

That day was one of the worst days of my life. It was tied for the Grand Prize with the day of Sydney’s funeral. When she died, I died too. I don’t know if she realizes this. I know I do and I regret every single second I spent with Lauren.

When Sydney came back from the dead, eight months ago, I looked for an excuse to file for divorce. I tried everything. I came home late, I drank, I went on mission after mission, and everything I could think of to claim that my marriage wasn’t working.

Then, one day, that reason came. Sydney told me that she thought Lauren was the mole. I didn’t listen. Jack came to talk to me. I didn’t listen to him either. The next night, I found a suitcase with a false bottom. In it, was a wig, fake passport, and a gun.

I have no idea how Sydney can deal with this every single day of her life. Had I been in her position, I would’ve gone crazy already. But she hasn’t. After all she’s been through, she still manages to get up in the morning. She’s dealt with every single thing that could happen to you. A mother that faked her death, a father that didn’t care about her, a dead fiancé, a dead boyfriend that also tried to kill her, a best friend dead, a best friend in Witness Protection, and two years that she doesn’t have any memory of. And that’s just her personal life.

She was right. She’s always right. I lost faith. She was right about Lauren too. And yet, somehow she finds it in her heart to forgive me. She’s a good person. And that’s what kills me. The fact that because of some stupid, careless decision I made, she’s in pain. But it’ll be over soon. I’m going to get some closure. </span>

Yay Sydney!! YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! lol. More soon. I know i replyed at AU to but hey, why not do it here too right?? lol.

~Kristina

lol, kristina, you sound like a cheerleader! yay! go team go! :lol:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Chapter Two~*~

Tomorrow's just another day
Another way to spend my day
All by myself
Staring at the TV screen
Flipping through my magazine
Everything is unclear
I need you here

The phone rang.

“Joey’s Pizza?” The voice asked.

It took me a moment to react. Only one person ever contacted me using that call sign. Vaughn.

I didn’t regret at all what I said to him. I won’t cover for him again. He endangered my life and Nadia’s! I owe her my life. To think that a sister I never knew saved me when someone that I loved couldn’t! Wait a minute! I still love him. I always have. And I always will. But he’s changed. And I’m not sure if he’s changed for the better or for the worse.

And I wake up, put on my makeup
Pick up the phone, nobody's home
I need to break out, give me some take-out
Stand inside a crowd
I wanna scream out loud
But I’ll be okay

I think carefully about my answer.

“Wrong number.”

I hang up and put on some makeup. Exactly thirty minutes later, I arrive at the warehouse.

This place has so many memories for the both of us. I guess that’s why I’m meeting him here. Maybe it’s a sign of what’s to come.

The gates open and I see him walking towards me.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I greet back. I instantly forget how mad I was that he endangered my life on our last mission.

“Thanks for meeting me here.”

“You’re welcome. Why are we here anyway?”

He sighs and looks on the floor. “I need your help.”

“Sure.”

“I know that things didn’t work out for us the way we wanted them to and I’m sorry. It hurts me, seeing you everyday unhappy.”

Sydney studied a spot on the floor. She didn’t know how many times she would stare at the same spot. She didn’t know a lot of things. Something she was sure she knew was that Vaughn was going to do something he would regret if she didn’t stop him.

He continued. “I ignored you and your dad when you told me Lauren was the mole. Syd…the day you died, I died too. I…I didn’t know if you knew that. I regret every single second I spent away from you Syd. Truth be told, since you came back, I’ve asked myself questions, thousands and thousands of questions. Why did I move on? Why did I loose faith? But mainly, what the heck was I thinking? How could I have ever thought that I could move on? Move on and marry someone that I didn’t love.”

Sydney was still staring at the spot on the floor, but listening to Vaughn talking away.

“But the question I asked myself every single day since you came back was, how could I have ever thought that I would’ve loved someone more than I loved Sydney?”

Sydney looked up at him.

He swallowed. “I was wondering if you’d still like to get that cup of coffee.”

Sydney thought for a moment.
“Syd I can understand if you’re reluctant to give us a try again, but please, just let me show you that things can be right again between us.”

Walking down this winding road
Rainy days are all I know
I have hit the ground
Staring up into the sky, counting all the reasons why
my mind is spinning around
I need to breathe

Sydney smiles a little. “I’d love to get a cup of coffee.”

Vaughn smiled. “Thank you, Syd. Thank you for giving us a second chance. I promise that this time, things will have a happy ending.”

“So, did you call me here to tell me that or is there something else?”

“I…I need you to help me get some closure.”

“What do you mean by that?”

He grabbed her hand and they drove to the storage facility. Vaughn opened the door and they stepped inside.

“Your dad told me to come here and everything I’d need is right here.”

Sydney looked around at the countless guns and ammo cases.

“Vaughn, are you sure you want this kind of closure?”

He looked at her for a second.

“She has to pay! Pay for everything she’s done to us! She works for the people that took you away from me! She was the one that sent those missiles after us on our way to Korea! Don’t you want her to get what she deserves?!”

Sydney was silent for a moment.

“Vaughn, if you’re doing this for me…”

“I’m not doing it for you, its for us! For our future! Our future together!” </span>

Vaughn's acting a little crazy (it's good because that's how he was at the end of season three, crazily obsessed.)

It's a good start for your story :smiley: Keep up the good work.

Back