Partners

*Gasp!! Need more!!....Please!!
This story is just WAY too good to just stop there!!
Please continue!!
And please PM me when you get the next chapter up.
Thanks.
-Karie-

WoW! This is truly a great story, I don't want it to end. The best I have read, without a doubt. Keep up the great work. You write with so much emotion and description so the reader knows exactly what's going on and what the characters are feeling. Keep it up please! Can I have a PM when u continue? :clap:

please update!!! we've been soooo patient!!!

if this story doesn't get finished i'm going to SCREAM!!!!

oh and please PM me when you update

Hey guys!!!!! I am back from my trip. I had a great time. I am fully recovered now. Thank you so much for the wonderful messages while I was gone!!!!!! Here is the update..... :D

Chapter 18

He stares at the ceiling. Confusion would not let him rest and sleep. He turns over to glance at his girlfriend sound asleep and wishes for a second his life was as simple as hers. Being a double agent, he knew the complications involved, but he never expected it to be like this. One agent Bristow was enough to occupy his mind, but now there are two. Who is this Jack Bristow? But more importantly, he worries about how this affects her. His mind wanders to the plane ride back from their first mission together.

She was quiet the whole way out of the mansion. She was off in her own world and did not notice him slip the crumpled up ball of paper into his pocket. She sat stiffly staring at her hands.

“Syd…?” He took a step closer to her.

“ I don’t want to talk about it.” She cut him off quickly. And then realized how rude she sounded. “ I…I need to be alone right now….please don’t take it the wrong way….”

“Okay.” He retreated back to his corner of the plane to give her space. But kept his eyes on her. It was frustrating; he wanted to get into her head, but she wouldn’t let him. This news about her father was a shocking blow. The best way for him to help was to leave her alone. But he needed to let her know that he would be there if she needed. So after sitting still for ten minutes, he stood up all of a sudden.

He walked over to her, and in one swift motion took off his suit jacket. He handed it to her and said, “ You might not be feeling the best on the inside right now….but you shouldn’t be cold on the outside.” She didn’t know how to react. That was the last thing she expected for him to say. It was absurd…but perfect. She just sat there with her mouth gaped open as she thought about what to say to him.

Seeing no response from her, he simply stepped around the crate behind her and draped the jacket over her shoulders. As the warm fabric grazed her skin, she whispered. “ Thanks…” It was barely audible, but he heard, and returned to his corner. They sat in silence the whole way. He only glanced over once to see her pull the jacket closer against her body.

“She still has my jacket,” he thinks as he turns over in his bed again. He wonders if she’s asleep right now. Probably not. She’s probably thinking about her father. When they returned from their trip, Sloane called for a debrief to explain Jack Bristow’s recent appearance on their mission. Sydney was fuming and Vaughn was slightly nervous, but they both controlled their inner emotions for they wanted to hear the full explanation.

Jack Bristow had been away overseas with another SD cell for a few years. He had been contacting with Sloane the entire time, but only recently decided to come back to SD-6. He said he couldn’t tell Sydney or anyone his operations because they were confidential. He didn’t reveal anymore except that he would talk to her alone when he felt the time was right. It was not a satisfactory answer for Sydney and she walked out half way through the meeting. Vaughn wanted to follow her, but remained because he still hasn’t secured his position in Sloane’s eyes and because he wanted to examine Jack Bristow some more.

“He probably did a better job examining me than I did of him,” he thinks as he rubs his tired eyes. His mind wanders from thinking about Sydney to thinking about Senior Bristow. An even greater enigma. The day after the debrief, he received a hidden message on his desk. It was really well coded and took him a few hours to decipher.

Construction site, city landfill, 6 AM tomorrow.

He thought he was being smart and arrived half an hour early, but he was a step behind. Jack Bristow had already been there waiting for him. Vaughn cleared his throat.

“ No tails?” the stern voice “greeted” him.

“uh, no….I was pretty alert….why are we here?….What is this all….”

“ Mr.Vaughn. Do you really not understand what this meeting is about…..or are you just trying to waste my time with small talk?”

“ I….” Vaughn wasn’t used to being verbally attacked so early in the morning. “I think I know…” he finally said.

“ I thought so. That’s all. This meeting was just a confirmation to let you know that we’re working on the same side.”

Vaughn opened his mouth to respond, but Jack beat him, “ You can leave now. We’re done here.” It was very apparent who was in control. Experience and time gained Jack Bristow his superior status. But Vaughn still had questions that he needed answered.

“ I don’t think we’re done….I have questions…”

“ We’re done! There are always questions. There aren’t always answers.” Jack realized that this young agent was not going to leave so he had to be the one to go. Vaughn saw him take a few steps and knew the one thing that would make Jack Bristow stay.

“ What about Sydney?” he blurted out.

Jack stopped in his tracks and whipped around. “ What ABOUT her?”

“ Why did you lie to her all these years?….and why now are you back?…do you even know how your presence is affecting her?…”

“ I don’t need YOU to tell me about my daughter.”

“ Okay…I didn’t mean to question your position as her father, but I don’t understand…..you know about the Alliance….you’ve always known, but yet you let her believe that she’s working for the real CIA…you let her believe.…”

“YES! But you are letting her believe also!!….” Vaughn became quiet. He was. They both were. But was it for the same reason? Vaughn didn’t know.

“ You’re right…I am…it’s not personal, it’s my job….but you’re her….”

“ Exactly. I am her father. And I know what is best for my daughter. I don’t need some else to tell me. Don’t think that just because you are her partner at SD-6 that you understand ANYTHING about her.”

Vaughn hung his head down, “ Alright. We won’t discuss Sydney anymore…..but just one more thing…I don’t know, maybe I ask too many questions….but did you know a William Vaughn?”

Jack Bristow became tense at the mention of the name. Trying to remain cool, he answered, “ Mr.Vaughn….you do ask too many questions.” And he walked off leaving the young double agent more confused than ever. They were on the same side, but why were they acting like opponents?

That heated meeting with Mr.Bristow was a week ago, but every time he saw him at SD-6, he had his words repeating in the back of his head like an alarm. He sighs to the ceiling. He has to work with Sydney Bristow at SD-6 and he has to work with Jack Bristow for the CIA. He smirks at the irony. The Bristows will be the death of him.

RRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG! He is startled by the sound of the phone. He glances at the clock. 3 A.M. Who could be calling?

Careful not to wake up Alice, he turns to his side and reaches across for the phone.

“Hello?” he whispers. There is no answer, but he hears faint breathing on the other side.

“ Hello?” he tries again. He’s about to hang up when he hears her voice.

“ Vaughn??….” There is an urgency in her tone.

“ Syd??…Is everything….”

“ I….can you come….” She starts but stops. He is about to answer, but he hears the light ringing of his cell phone on the ground.

While holding the phone with his shoulder, he reaches down for the cell phone and reads the message across the phone.

Can we meet? – K.

“Syd….can you hold on a sec?…just a sec…” he whispers.

Picking up the cell phone, he answers, “ Now?….”

“ um….” Kristine hesitates on the other end. “ why?….are you busy?” She holds her breath waiting for the answer. She shouldn’t have called. But it was Eric. He convinced her she needed to have a talk with Vaughn. And she had a little more to drink than usual. What the hell is she doing??

“Can you hold?” he speaks into the cell phone. His mind is still reeling from all this thoughts, he hasn’t processed what just happened. Slipping out of bed with his phone in his left hand and his cell phone in his right, he needs to clear his head. Taking a deep breath, he knows he can’t let either one of them wait for too long. His hearts beats faster as he doesn’t know what to do. He thinks about Sydney needing him for some urgent reason. Then he thinks about Kristine and it’s probably something important with his job. He stares at his left hand and then back at the right.

“Dad, give me a sign…please…”

A/N: I hope the time jumping wasn't confusing....if it was.....let me know. :D Thanks again!

awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! yay!!! finally angel!!!! u do not know how long ive been waitin for this!!!! great cliffhanger man!!!! choose syd!!! choose syd!!!! yay!!! i cant wiat for ur update!

hey im so glad your back!! i really was starting to miss your story!!
great chap and ahh i cant wait to see what happens!!

He has a very hard choice to make! Damn, his handler has the hots for him and Syd is starting to like him and he is starting to like Syd but then Alice is his girlfriend. AHHHH! Poor guy!

DUDE!!!! PICK SYD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean duh,he has to pick syd....i'm really glad that u updated,i thought i was going crazy with the wait. that was a great chapter,keep up the great work. (y)

-pleaes PM me when the next chapter is up. :smiley:

Back