We'll Find Each Other

CHAPTER-3

CABO, MEXICO

Sark opened the door, and Sydney watched as Vaughn laid sprawled over the cold cement floor. Tears just sprang to her eyes, and the thought that this was her fault pained her heart. She can’t live without Vaughn. He is her air, her heart, her life.

She sees as it pains him to breath. He grips his side with whatever strength he has left.

“Five minuets.” Sark reminds her as he nudges her in, and closes the door behind her.

Vaughn hears the door slam shut, knowing one of many choices. One, they come to finish him off. Two, he is the reason that they might tell him his wife is no longer with him, or Three; is angel is hear to comfort him.

Three

Vaughn turns to open his eyes to see Sydney starring at him. He knows her all to well, and can see how she is blaming herself.

“Syd!” He whispers.

Sydney lookes up at her husband, and rushes to his side.

“Vaughn, are you ok?” She asks suddenly.

He smiles the weak in the knees smile. “I’ve been better.” He jokes.

Sydney can’t help but smile at that point. She grabs Vaughn’s head, and rests in on her legs.

“Michael, I know you are trying to protect me, but I need you to tell me that code.” She said firmly.

“Syd...” He paused in pain. “You know I won’t do that.” He mange to say.

“Michael, they are going to kill you, and I can’t have that!” She said firmly back.

Vaughn looked at her. “It’s not just the code Sydney, it’s the location. The device has to be in a certain location in order for it to work.” He said in between breaths. “Safety precaution.” He added in.

“Tell me it, and I will show them.” She answered back.

“No!” He answered back.

“Why are you being so stubborn?” She asked angry.

“Because I love you, and this country, and there is no way that I am going to give all that up because Sark and Sloane want to do more evil in the world.” He said.

Sydney ran her fingers in Vaughn’s hair, and he sighed. Tears were now running down Sydney’s eyes.

“There is no world without you.” She whispered kissing his forehead.

Vaughn smiled at her words. “They will find us Sydney. Just have a little faith.” He reassured her.

“It’s not the faith I am worried about, it’s the time.” She answered.

Sydney could hear the doors in the distance. Her time was coming to a close, and she didn’t get anything off him. She knew if he didn’t tell her now, then he would be lost forever.

“Michael…” She said in the most loving tone she could.

He looked back up at her. “If you can tell me the code, then we still have a chance, and time. You said it yourself they need the location. Let’s let them figure that out. I can keep you alive along with myself as long as I give them something.” She answered.

Vaughn pondered on it for a moment. Just then the door opened at Sark appeared in the doorway. Vaughn never taking his eyes off his wife, and his wife never off her husbands.

“4-0-6-2-0-0-0” He said in between breaths.

Sydney looked at him sweetly. Knowing what the code numbers meant. Their wedding day.

“I believe your time is up!” Sark’s harsh voice came through.

Two men came back in, and ripped Sydney away.

“Sit tight Mr. Vaughn!” Sark said with a smile as Sydney was taken out of the room.

~~~~

Jack, Weiss, and Dixon landed the plane in Cabo.

“Do we have have any idea where Sark could be keeping them.” Weiss asked as they packed their stuff in the CIA van.

“I might have one.” Jack responded back.

“Would you be kind and inform us.” Weiss replied back sarcastically.

Jack gave him a look as the men got into the van. “Their was a warehouse that Sark and Sloane used here in Cabo to bring shipments in, and at sometimes torture people with. One of their hidden hide outs.” He answered back.

“Torture people?” Weiss asked.

Dixon looked at him. “Doesn’t surprise me.” He huffed under is breath.

“How do you know about it?” Weiss asked.

Jack was a silent for a moment. “I’m a spy.” He said seriously.

Dixon laughed at the comment, and the men drove on.

~~~~~~

Sydney was brought back up to the room where Sloane was waiting for her.

“You two are very cute.” He said as she entered the room.

Sydney remained quiet at his response. Sark walked behind her and over towards Sloane.

“I have given you your time, now give me what I want.” Sark said as the room became silent.

“Why, so you can kill billions of people in the world?” She asked. “You want me to be responsible for billions of peoples lives lost because of your pure evil.”

“Your husband will be included in that census you have taken if you don’t give it to me.” Sark answered harshly.

Sydney glared at him evilly.

“What if I told you I changed.” Sloane said as he turned around a looked at Sydney. Sydney took her eyes off Sark, and moved them to Sloane.

“You can never change. You will always be evil.” She answered.

“People change Sydney.” He answered back.

She walked towards him. “You call that change!” She yelled as she pointed to the window where her husband laid on the floor brused , beaten, and bloody. “You call holding me hostage, and breaking him out of federal prison change!” She screamed again.

“You are an evil, crazy, and the moment that I get the chance to kill you, I will not hesitate“ She said strongly.

“I‘m sorry you feel that way.” He answered back. He starred at her for a moment. “Now, tell me the code before this evil man kills your husband.” He said seriously. Sydney looked at him, and he looked at her. “Sydney…I won’t hesitate either.” He said mocking her.

She put her head down. “6-0-6-2-0-0-0” She said slowly.

“Check it out, and make sure it is right this time.” Sloane said to Sark. Sark nodded, and then left the room.

Sloane turned back to Sydney. “I want you to know, that I have every intent on letting your husband walk out of here alive.” He said sincerely.

“I have every intent on making sure that you don’t.” Sydney responded coldly.

Sloane just looked at her and smiled. They were silent for a moment, and then Sark entered the room.

“It worked.” He said walking in.

Sloane smiled. “You see Sydney. Your husband gave us what we wanted, and now I will keep my promise. I will let you and your husband walk out of here.” He said with a smile.

Sark smiled evily too. Sydney caught his look.

“You think after all the years I have worked with you that I don’t know when you are lying to me?” She asked back. “I’m smarter then that.” She said a moment later.

“Good.” Sark said interrupting the conversation. “Then all we need now is for you to get your husband to show us the location exactly, and you will be able to leave.” He answered back.

“What location?” Sydney asked playing dumb.

Sark smiled. “You are smarter then that.” He replied. “We already know the location of where the device needs to be in order to it too work, but we need to know the exact coordinates. You and your husband are going to show us.” Sark said walking closer.

“I gave you what you asked for, and you didn’t ask this of me. This isn’t in our deal.” She said trying to bargain.

“It is now.” Sark said cockiness.

Sydney glared at him evilly. “If I don’t?” She asked back.

Sark pulled out his gun. “You will feel your husbands pain.” He answered back.

“Enough!” Sloane yelled. Sark and Sydney looked back at Sloane. “We are moving the device to Germany, and you and your husband are coming with us.” Sloane said.

Sydney continued to look at him with hate. “Take her, and agent Vaughn, and get the plane ready. I want to leave here ASAP.” He demanded.

“Yes, sir!” Sark snapped back before he left taking Sydney with him.

~~~~~~

“How much longer until we get there?” Dixon asked as the men traveled in the CIA van.

“No longer then ten minuets.” Jack answered back.

“Jack?” Weiss called. Jack looked at him.

“If this device gets activated, how bad will we be talking here?” He asked back.

Jack looked between the two. “You don’t want me to answer that.” He responded.

“That bad!” He answered back. Jack didn’t said anything.

“I still haven’t been to Disney world.” He said joking, as Dixon chuckled at his comment.

~~~~~~~

Sydney, Sark, Sloane, and Vaughn were all board the plane. Sydney and Vaughn were separated from each other.

“I gave you everything you asked for, and your promise was shot to hell.” Sydney said as they forced her to take a seat near Sloane.

“I’m not satisfied with what I want yet. Then I will fulfill my promise.” He responded.

“I want to see my husband.” She demanded.

“No.” Sloane answered back.

Sydney stared at him cold. “You need him. If you don’t help address his wounds then you wont get what you want.” Sydney said thinking of Michael and his pain.

“Your husband is fine.” Sark chimed in.

“He is not fine!” She yelled back.

Sark smiled at her. “He’s still breathing isn’t he?” He asked.

“You son of a…” Sydney started.

“ENOUGH!!!” Sloane yelled. “Sark have one of the medics take a look at Mr. Vaughn’s wounds.” He instructed.

“Sir, I believe you are making a…” Sark began.

Sloane cut him off. “I believe I gave you an order.” He said back.

Sark left to grab the medic for Vaughn. Sydney stared at him, and Sloane looked back.

“Your welcome.” Sloane said looking at her.

Sydney looked back at him. “If you think that the words “Thank you” or “Please” or anything else of that sort would ever come out of my mouth, then you are wrong. You are vile a plague on my life, and I promise you that when this is all over you will die.” She said pausing as Sloane just kept looking at her. “I promise you that I will be the one to bury you.” She said coldly.

Sloane nodded, and then got up. He put his hand on Sydney’s shoulder, and Sydney flinched as she closed her eyes. “I have forgiven your betrayal against me Sydney; maybe it’s time that you give me a chance.” He answered back before he walked away.

~~~~~~

“What’s your progess Jack?” Director Deere asked over the phone.

“We raided the house. It was empty. Their gone.” He answered back.

Their was a long sigh over the phone. “Pack the team up, and bring them home. We will re-group here.” Deere said over the phone before the lines both went dead.

~~~~~

Sydney made her way back to the plane where they had kept Vaughn. He had a bandaged around his stomach for his ribs, and bandages on his face to heal up the cuts. He was laying on the floor on his side with his eyes closed.

Sydney looked at his with such a lovingly face. She loved her husband so much, and would do anything in the world for him. ANYTHING! She bent down near him, and put her hand to his face. She caressed his face with her hand.

“Michael!” She whispered.

She called a few more times before his beautiful eyes opened and looked at his wife.

“Hi.” He responded back.

Sydney’s smile grew large. “Hi.” She answered back.

“Thank you.” He said.

She smiled again. “I love you.” She answered back.

He took her hand in his. “I love you more.” He responded.

Sydney turned around and laid with her body pressed against his. Michael put his arm around her, and Sydney kisses his hand.

~~~

“I don’t see why you are catering to her wishes?” Sark asked as Sloane and him looked onto Sydney and Vaughn.

“We still need the cooperation. It’s better that we at least let them think that they will walk out of this alive.” Sloane answered.

Sark looked at him and smiled as they watched the two.

Love ya,

Lauren

TBC......... :angelic:

I have a question. Why were the codes Vaughn gave Sydney different than the ones Sydney gave Sark? Was that a typo? Other than that, it was really great.

i'm confused. syd gave them different numbers....oh well. 'let them think they will come out alive'?!?!?!?!?

Thanx for the PM

so close yet so far!! They almost reached Syd and Vaughn in time........I don't like Sloane and Sark they are being EVIL as usualy i hope Syddie and Vaughn can escape or be rescued soon!!

thanks for the pm

Back