Where do you work?

F

frostydf2

Lets get to know everyone a bit more, where do you work at? For how long have you worked there? And what previous places have you worked?

I'll go first...

I first started working when I was 16 at Mountain West Research Center. My daily routine for 6 hours was composed of saying... "Hello my name is Kenny McCormick, I'm asking a survey that will only take a few minutes of your time"

Sometimes I switched the name to Abdul HAUCK-maphenie.

Then I started working at a theatre for a year. I ended up running the damn place. I got free Sizzler, and Applebees whenever I wanted, and only worked when I wanted to.

I got pissed off at the management and quit that, so then I started working at a boat retail place. Boring as hell, enough said.

Next I was onto Office Max. I've been there for 2 months, and its currently a decent job.

Currently? I'm jobless and in college, if you want to consider that work >.<

Previously I worked for a grocery store called Weis. It was mostly cashier work, with a little bit of stocking shelves.

All in all it was pretty enjoyable. I was the only cashier that really put forth effort to socialize with the customers as they got their items purchased. I always got lots of compliments, which I'm weak to resist. When people continually tell you what beautiful hair you have, how your voice is eloquent enough for radio, and how charming you are, its hard to resist even a low wage, low dignity job such as cashier/bagboy.

I worked there for about a year but quit once college started up, as I wanted my full attention devoted to my studies (big laugh there). Chances are I'll get another job when this semester ends and summer break starts up. That is, as long as Hero's Journey doesn't come out first and eat up all my free time *looks hopefully at the main site for updates*.

Originally posted by volund@Mar 27 2006, 06:51 PM
Currently? I'm jobless and in college, if you want to consider that work >.<
I had also worked in Walmart which was horrible and am now black listed there ;) .

Originally posted by Aries+Mar 27 2006, 09:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ Mar 27 2006, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-volund@Mar 27 2006, 06:51 PM
Currently?  I'm jobless and in college, if you want to consider that work >.<
I had also worked in Walmart which was horrible and am now black listed there ;) . [/b][/quote]
You can get black listed at Wal-Mart? What is this?!

It's were they flag your name on their "computers" making sure you never
get hired at another walmart in the future. I can't work at walmart anymore?!
WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY LIFE! :lol:

It's okay, they'll just keep hiring all the poor people, who can't get other jobs and not give them benefits or raises.

I worked there as a temp for a remodel, and although I got 9 bucks an hour, I don't think I'd ever go back.

I um, work on HJ, and I turned in an application at EB in the mall today, I know the manager pretty decently, so I know if he needs someone I should have a job there.. But I don't want more than 20 hours a week, I'm devoting my time to HJ.

I work for a large paper merchants in England. I support everyones desktop computers and thin clients and also maintain servers(like 100 of them). We have to keep the HQ and all the branches around the country opperational.

Its quite a good job, lots of future prospects and i dont mind working there. I couldnt imagine doing anything else other than working with computers :D

i work for my brother-in-law (sisters husband)

he started his own construction company. i run the office side of things; seeing how im the only one that works in the office. i run accts receivable/payable, estimating and all kinds of paperwork!

he recently bought a new company, a millwork shop that builds cabinets. i still work the office part of the construction company, but i now design the cabinets on software called cabinet vision. i decipher blueprints and then build cabinets on the program, generating a (wood) cut-list that goes to the skilled workers in the wharehouse where all the machines are.

whats funny is i graduated college with a degree in business management, but am no where near a job in management. i do more accounting and drafting than anything, and i have very little training in either. so... if you are in college or the like... don't be discouraged if you can't find what you are looking for. opportunities just pop up.

yep thats about it.

KickinBama

Back