• 10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 30%

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 40%

• 50% - Hmmm, now what should I do today...

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 60%

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 70%

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 80%

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 90%

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 100% - Stop bugging me!

• Total voters
Yep, I like to solo as well.

It gives me a different texture of the game when doing so and works well to add that spice of dangerous immersion when encountering the unknown.

Its also is nice to simply wander around appreciating some of the handy work of scenery and ambience. You get to the point that your character may develop a liking for a particular place/area/space in the game for their own reasons and you just like to go there. Maybe camp, fish, craft, general loitering etc.

I'd love to be able to have my character climb a fruit tree and park it on a branch with hands clasped behind their head watching the towns folk or a caravan go by in the distance... just 'cause.

Unfortunately most mmo's treat the minutia of life as so much wasted code.

Yeah, I agree. Also, I like to solo, but I prefer to be in a small group of 2-3. Large groups never seem to listen, unless they've been hand-picked. Even then... Things just never seem to go so smoothly as they do in small groups. I remember in CoH, I was a defender, and I was accompanied by a blaster and a controller. We kicked an unbelievable amount of ass. But... *sigh* that game got rather boring after a while.

Point? Oh, right. Soloing>Playing with people who suck. Soloing<Playing with a couple people that don't. Also, I'm not talking necessarily about the player's skill level, or the character's level. More about just the player. I mean, we've all come across people that we just couldn't stand. Like, anyone who doesn't capitalize their name. I hate that.

Soloing>Playing with people who suck. Soloing<Playing with a couple people that don't.

QFT. If you can get a small group, or even on rare occasions a large group, that work well together, it's a superbly fun experience. If not then it tends to be hellish.

Though my guild in WoW actually got a drinking game going based off of a really horrific pickup group that one of our guildmates was in. He was a mage and the tank for the group was about as bad as they came. So everytime our fire-wielding friend died, we took a drink. He was the ultimate glass cannon, and believe me, it was an active drinking night :D2

QFT. If you can get a small group, or even on rare occasions a large group, that work well together, it's a superbly fun experience. If not then it tends to be hellish.

Though my guild in WoW actually got a drinking game going based off of a really horrific pickup group that one of our guildmates was in. He was a mage and the tank for the group was about as bad as they came. So everytime our fire-wielding friend died, we took a drink. He was the ultimate glass cannon, and believe me, it was an active drinking night :D2

=D= I think you took the whole internet geek thing to a whole new level. Drinking games in RL in WoW. I'd rep you if I could because that made me laugh, mostly because I thought it would be fun.

Dude... a glass cannon would be awesome to watch. Plug it up and instead of firing, the thing'd just explode in a shower of razor sharp bits and pieces. You'd have to be behind some sort of bariier, but I'd still like to see it. 'Specially if it shot crystal balls.

Back