• Until JG's contract expires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only 1/11's episode 11 will tell...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HeatherLOVESAlias

Lauren's Ugly Eyebrow
Hey Guys--
Just thought this was a super important ? that everyone should have an opinion on. I personally voted for "only the 1/11 epi will tell" even though i love Alias to death. What do you think?:blink: Post and tell me why.
Thanks,
Heather :D

I think it will last until at least Season 5...would be nice if it lasted a bit longer, but then the writers run the risk of repeating old plot lines in a different form.

I would have to say season 5 too. I would love for it to last as long as possible, but ratings are the kicker and this show is not 'new viewer friendly'. Of course that's the reason I LIKE the show...because it is intricate and both charachter and plot driven, but just turning the channel on and trying to grasp what's going on is hard. I tried to watch a couple of eps alone and didn't really get it. Thank goodness I got Season 1 for Christmas and now after 2 1/2 weeks of non-stop watching, I am caught up and ready for this Sunday :P

I think it will last as long as JJ can write, Jen can kick ass, Victor can scare people s***less, Greg can crack jokes and as long as the ABC guys don't take stupid pills and cancel it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Alias and everything, but I can't help saying that the first season was better than the second one (in my opinion) and the second one was better than the third one... and... well, I don't know. That might just be me.

I still love Alias though!! It's just that, the first plot was REALLY good, and I mean, the plot is still awesome... but i don't know.

DONT KILL ME!! I STILL LOVE ALIAS!!! It's the BEST TV show ever!
I just think that it's hard to write something when SD-6 is gone, and that was what the show was about at first.

I think as long as season 5, but I hope longer. As long as JJ can keep new plots & the writing continues to be extremely good.
I'd be happy with 5 seasons, but I'd rather have 7.

i think it will last til JG's contract expires. i mean, i thought they would run out of plot lines after the first season, but JJ keeps surprising us. however, with Jennifer Garner's rocketing fame, it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to try something new after her contract expires.

Jack/SarkFan24 said:
I would have to say season 5 too. I would love for it to last as long as possible, but ratings are the kicker and this show is not 'new viewer friendly'. Of course that's the reason I LIKE the show...because it is intricate and both charachter and plot driven, but just turning the channel on and trying to grasp what's going on is hard. I tried to watch a couple of eps alone and didn't really get it.
I would think that Alias is a little "new viewer friendly." The Superbowl episode more or less recapped everything that had happen the past season and a half. This season, with a whole new storyline (Syd trying to find out what happened to her the past 2 years) doesn't make it completely hard for a new person to understand what's been going on. We don't know what's going on either but that's the point of the plot. If a new viewer wanted to watch it now, they would be confused but then again anybody would be when they start watching any show in the middle of a season.
Hopefully Alias will last at least 5 season. I wouldn't object if it lasted longer though... :love: :kiss:

i put until Jen's contract is out...that will bring the show to seven seasons and thats a long time. no show that started 2001 is doing as well as alias i dont think....i gatta say...bad title for this thread "will alias last" of course it will last its doign great besides ABC LOVES IT...the questions is how long will it last...

but yeah, its gonna last ATLEAST till JG's contract is over, if it goes any longer AWSOME

Seanman2326 said:
i put until Jen's contract is out...that will bring the show to seven seasons and thats a long time. no show that started 2001 is doing as well as alias i dont think....i gatta say...bad title for this thread "will alias last" of course it will last its doign great besides ABC LOVES IT...the questions is how long will it last...

but yeah, its gonna last ATLEAST till JG's contract is over, if it goes any longer AWSOME
alias isn't doing as well as you thing even though i hate to say it and i love the show to death. abc has threatened to cancel it at least once because ppl were so dissapointed with season 3. its only number 58 on tv guides top tv shows list. so yeah, the ? should be if alias will last, even though i think it will until at least season 5 or so.

Julesters said:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Alias and everything, but I can't help saying that the first season was better than the second one (in my opinion) and the second one was better than the third one... and... well, I don't know. That might just be me.

I still love Alias though!! It's just that, the first plot was REALLY good, and I mean, the plot is still awesome... but i don't know.

DONT KILL ME!! I STILL LOVE ALIAS!!! It's the BEST TV show ever!
I just think that it's hard to write something when SD-6 is gone, and that was what the show was about at first.
I agree with you....I loooooove Alias and the third season is awesome! but i thought the first season was the best and then season two....Alias has changed so much its kinda weird...but alot of that is good change b/c the show still keeps my attention and kicks some major @$$!!! Hopefully it will last until the contract expires but Right now i have to say until season 5......but i do LOVE ALIAS FOREVER AND EVER!!!!

*allis*

as long as the ABC guys don't take stupid pills and cancel it.

i fear alas! :( that the most important thing is here (n well said ;) )!!! yeah you're right michaelvaughnsgirl_ak : the decision rests with the ABC guys who can decide to cancel the best show ever at any moment !!!
cause as for J.J, i think he'll be abble to write till his last breath, JG can kick ass for a long time yet, Victor sure can stay scary for long as well, and Greg is not likely to lack humour ... so if it were only up to them wether the show has to last i'd say no problem !! at least till the end of JG's contract, or even longer !!

but i voted till the end of season 5 because despite all the best will in the world in the end, it's all a matter of what a bunch of big shots will decide ... and damn, it's scary !!

and i wanna add that i'm not proud of myself, cause i feel i kinda lost faith by doing so i so would have loved to vote "FOR EVER" ^_^ ...)

I definately think there will be more than just one episode left. I mean, they kind of have to finish a season, right? Also, I don't know if anyone knows or has posted this but on the dvd it mentions something about JJ hving an ideas for season five. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I love this series. Unfortunately, ratings are a religion to the network executives no matter how well a show is received (and most critics seem to love Alias) and Alias is 58th. If you look in last weeks Entertainment Weekly, there are only about 10 other 1 hour dramas from top networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) that have worse ratings and of those, 4 have already been cancelled. I hope we see at least one more year of Alias, and we probably will, but I'm not getting my hopes up to see a 5th season. It's sad because I think JJ has a lot more story to tell. I hope he gets the chance to tell it.

I agree, as long as Alias keeps us at the edge of our seats and completely obsessed, I hope it goes on for as long as it can. Just no Sci-Fi stuff...this is a Drama show and I love it.

I think Alias will last at least a season or two more. I mean, the ratings have stayed pretty steady all three seasons, at least to my knowledge, so if they were going to cancel it I think ABC would have already done so. There are many more stories to be told, and so I can definitely see at least two more seasons. I mean, we still have to find out what Sloane's endgame is, Syd and Vaughn have to get back together, Vaughn's father could come back, and regardless of whether Lena Olin comes back, we still have to find out what happens with SpyMommy. We also still have to find out what's happening with the Prophecy, and who Rambaldi really is. We also have learned next to nothing about what became of all the Project Christmas kids. I mean, for example, at the end of this season, Vaughn's dad could come back, and next season could focus a lot on what happened to him and why he's back, etc. At the end of this season they could also allude to Sloane's endgame. And next season (4) could focus on Sloane's endgame and also Sydney's part in the prophecy. Then, at the end of season 4, Rambaldi could be revealed or something, and all of season 5 could deal with his return. I don't know, I just think there's a lot of ways they could go with the show, so I think it will stay on for another season or two. If they did ever cancel the show, though, I would hope they would actually end the show and tie up loose ends, rather than just stopping production on some random episode and leaving the viewing audience to wonder what became of all the characters.

Alias24-7-365 said:
There are many more stories to be told, and so I can definitely see at least two more seasons...Vaughn's father could come back...I mean, for example, at the end of this season, Vaughn's dad could come back, and next season could focus a lot on what happened to him and why he's back...
Vaughn's father can't come back. Irina killed him. She even admitted it. There's no way that he could come back.

But I still think the show will stay on till at least the 5th season. The ratings haven't dropped yet and the critics like it too much for it to be cancelled. Just b/c it's 58th doesn't mean that it's gonna end. It could be worse. Besides there are shows that are really bad but still managed to stay on for a long time. Alias doesn't have to worry right now.

It's still a great show and people love it... but I think more people loved it before than now. When the first season came out, it was definitely a hit! I mean everybody loved it, the books came out, this and that... but now it's gotten a little not so big anymore...

Personally, I love the show, and it hurts me when I say this: but face it. I think the ratings have been a little lower.

There might be another season or two, but that's it.

I read somewhere that there's a contract for Alias until 2007, but JG said that things might change that.

Who knows? Let's just enjoy it while we can!

Back