Accents

I hate this bavarian accent too. It's kind of strange, but although I am german and I really don't live that much from Bavaria away, I often don't understand what they're saying! We also have a typical accent here, but it's not so hard, that nobody understands you.

quietgirl27012 said:
accents do count. if a guy does have a really sexy voice sometimes it is hard to concentrate on what message he is trying to get across instead of just starring at him
[post="1012485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You're so right. There are two Irish kids in my once-a-week math class (which I am about to go to in a few hrs, actually...) and I never listen to what they're saying, I just listen to their voice. Not that they say much, it being a math class. -_- Damn! lol ^_^

Leslie said:
You're so right. There are two Irish kids in my once-a-week math class (which I am about to go to in a few hrs, actually...) and I never listen to what they're saying, I just listen to their voice. Not that they say much, it being a math class. -_- Damn! lol ^_^
[post="1012855"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe you can get them to join a speach comm class with you.

Hehe I wish. I don't even have the nerve to talk/look at them. But there's a story behind that too long to tell here... :rolleyes:

This sounds really awful, but there was this Australian sportsperson who I thought was really attractive. My mother and I were watching him on television, and then he opened his mouth and started to speak. It was terrible! He had the worst ocker Australian accent you could imagine. We looked at each other and said, "Yuck!!"

It sounds terrible to dislike someone because of the way they speak, but I guess it is no more superficial than judging somebody on their physical appearance.

Natalia said:
It sounds terrible to dislike someone because of the way they speak, but I guess it is no more superficial than judging somebody on their physical appearance.
[post="1013388"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But it´s so true!
When I was in school I had that one teacher, every time she opens her mouth I shut my ears!
She had that most highest and annoying voice I ever heard!
Although she was a good teacher, the voice was just in the way! I swear I had a lot of headaches due to her voice!
I think a teacher must have a pleasant voice, I mean you have to listen to it 5 days per week! ;)

Muse

Yeah, you both are right.....my new english teacher has such a stange pronounciation, that nearly everyone is taling about her and it's deifintely not nice what they are saying....I don't like her too, but that has more to do with her kind of making lessons

That said, I don't really like any accent that's too pronounced. Like really posh English accents (I served beer to too many Fleet Street lawyers for too long). But I love other English accents.

I was there today!!! I'm doing my work experience at a solicitors, and we went down there. Oh it's so weird though, in the office. They all speak normally, but they have a posh accent for the phone, tapes etc!!!

Jai

Hmmmm. I love guys with english accents. When I was in England this summer, I was in complete heaven. I met a guy that looked like Orlando Bloom but 10 times hotter(if that's even possible) that spoke french and had an english accent. Wooooeee. I fell in love.

hi all! Its Lilly! Soz its been so long... first brit has been busy doing Alevels (well started Alevels this year!!! Very busy) anyway... I have an nelgish accent and i lie it.. the Dorset Accent i think is so nice.. but even better....the New Zealand one!!!

*drools over Simon's Accent* New Zelander's have the accent Peter Jackson does.. and tall ark and hansom with that accent... yum!

I love the irish accent. And i love my brummie accent cus everyone in England takes the mick out of it. In pyschology i read about a study where if you had a brummie accent you were more likely to be sent to jail then if you had another accent even if all the evidence was the same.

the New Zealand one!!!
?!?!
They say 'sex' instead of 'six'!! Is that why it appeals? :lol:

That said, I don't really like any accent that's too pronounced. Like really posh English accents (I served beer to too many Fleet Street lawyers for too long). But I love other English accents.

I was there today!!! I'm doing my work experience at a solicitors, and we went down there. Oh it's so weird though, in the office. They all speak normally, but they have a posh accent for the phone, tapes etc!!!
I worked at The Cheshire Cheese for a while. I had a friend who did work experience at a solicitors there (on Fleet Street, not at the pub!).

I'm an aussie so I have an aussie accent and I laugh so hard when people from other countries try and say G'day and just can't do it.
I love Irish accents I don't know why I just love em

Back