Adopt a Soldier

ok, i was already thinking about getting a package for the soldiers, but i was wondering, what exactly would you like to get? the list on the site you gave us said toilet paper, but wouldn't they have that, or not? also, I think it said something about dsispoasble cameras. would those be ok?

murkywater said:
ok, i was already thinking about getting a package for the soldiers, but i was wondering, what exactly would you like to get? the list on the site you gave us said toilet paper, but wouldn't they have that, or not? also, I think it said something about dsispoasble cameras. would those be ok?
The toilet paper we have in the military is about as soft as the phone book. :D

Disposable camera's would be great. Really anything on that list is what you want to send. Kool-aid, Powdered Gatorade, Candy, Razors, Hand Sanatizer. Those types of things are great.

The one thing that I craved when I was over there were Chip O'Hoy cookies. I love them. I had a friend send me 3 packs. And the stuff you send, they will share with the rest of the unit. You know, it is Girl Scout Season. I bet they would love some Girl Scout Cookies.

Any other questions, please ask. Thank you for your support.

so we went shopping for the stuff today, and I really wanted to buy razors and sunscreen and stuff, but my mom was convinced that they already had that stuff. argh!

I am sorry about that. When I went to Desert Storm, I had 3 bags.

1) Chemical Gear
2) My uniforms and sleeping bag
3) Some lay around clothes and toiletres

I ran out of sunscreen 2 weeks after I got there. We must remember that some of these guys have been there over a year. I have one other suggestion, go to your local Army/Navy surpkus store and buy an MRE (Meal Ready to EAT or Meals Regected by Etheopians) They are awful! The guys that are on the way to Baghdad were told to take enough MRE's for 3 weeks. That means no hot meals for 3 weeks. That sucks. And let me tell you from experience, the hot meals are not that good.

Whatever you got for the troops, I am sure they will be thrilled. Thank you so much for helping. (y) (y)

and i'm sorry for yelling at you before in one of the threads. i guess i just didn't like how you said bombs away, I'm getting excited. I thought u were getting excited about peope dying... oh yeah.. would they like hot chocolate? hehe :P

I think this is a great idea! I've heard of people doing it before, but never knew how to get involved. I was kinda sad to see that they ran out of soldiers to write to, but I guess that's also a good thing. I'll just have to keep checking to see when they need more volunteers. Great link!

Wow thats so great i bet lots of people want to find ways to help but dont kno where to start i kno i do thank you so much i really am glade that people who arn't in the army can help out people who are!!!!!!!!! ~liz~ :angelic:

I don't want to scare anyone or anything. This is a very good thing to do. (y) But I heard on the radio not to send it because people could intercept it and add poison into it :confused:

Again, I hope I don't stop people from sending stuff

Send everything thru the Post Office and make sure it is secure. I feel very secure with the shipping methods and security of the Post Office and Military Transport Planes. Not stabbing at anyone here, just saying I think the boxes will arive safe.

I have put collection boxes out around the town and have collected 40 pounds of goodies for the troops! That 40 pounds is within a week of putting the boxes out. That is GREAT!!!!!

hey, i'm a bit late on this thread, but i was watching the news the other day and i saw this story where all these girl scouts were trying to get about 5,000 boxes of girl scout cookies to send to the troops. well, they failed. they got 22,000 instead. daaaang. seriously, the war might just be over before the troops even finish all those boxes!! :lol: well, maybe not. girl scout cookies can be addictive. :blink:

Back