Politics Adoption

I know many adopted people. How do you feel about adoption?

• I don't like it much because the children involved are not your own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How else are those poor kids going to get a home?

• I think adoption is a great way to have kids, but not give birth.

• I don't like it, unless it is for women who have problems with birthing.

• I have no opinion on adoption.

• Other [?]

• Total voters

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
I know this seems an odd topic, but I was thinking about it today.

I don't really like it, unless for some medical reason the woman can't have children.

EDIT: this topic was supposed to mean for you. personally. what you would do for your children. i have nothing AGAINST adoption, i'd just rather have my own kids.

My best friend is adopted, and I think it can either be an awesome thing, or a bad thing (with foster homes and such), but overall, I have a great respect for people who decide to adopt.

the_alliance, why only two hetero people? and why only when they're sterile, like xdancer said.

and Alias_Anna, why are you against it unless the woman cant have children? I think it's is great thing when a child who does not have a home gets adopted by a loving family who truly wants a child. So, "I think adoption is a great way to have kids, but not give birth."

I think it is a great idea, especially for women who don't want to go through pregnancy or who can't have children. It is such a great oppportunity for the children who can get a new chance at life or have a better life than they would have if they hadn't been adopted.

pasta_sauce385 said:
It is such a great oppportunity for the children who can get a new chance at life or have a better life than they would have if they hadn't been adopted.
I agree. And you don't have to be sterile to adopt.

I think it's a great idea, for parents who can't have children of their own (Like my parents. They had medical reasons) So, they decided to adopt, my two brothers, and I.

I think adoption is great, but I don't think the sole reason for adoption is that a woman doesn't want to go through the pain of childbirth, because then will the mother really be willing to go through the conflict and pain of raising a child?

sry, got caught up in the whole gay marriage thing. what i meant was i think it's ok for heterosexual couples to adopt (they dont necessarily have to be sterile)

I think adoption is great.

"I think adoption is a great way to have kids, but not give birth."
What exactly do you mean by this choice? That adoption is an alternative to pregnancy?

Adoption is a very wonderful thing. I have a lot of friends who are adopted, and a lot of kids I babysit for who were adopted. The funny thing is, the kids usually have a striking resemblance to the parents. Anywho, I think adoption is a beautiful gift, especially for those parents who can't have children and those children who have no parents.

We're friends with a family who has 4 children, all adopted from Russia. Two of the four kids are sisters by birth (Irina and Vera), and the little boy (Sascha) is the girl's cousin. Several years ago, the parent's decided to adopt another child. They adopted Irina's best friend, Nina. I think that's so awesome. They were best friends, then separated, and now they're sisters!

One of my best friends was adopted. Her birth mother was a young teenager when she got pregnant, so she made a very good choice and put her daughter up for adoption. Her parent's couldn't have children of their own. Lana told me herself that she is so glad her birth mother did that, because she loves her adopted parents, and she's very grateful for the life she has. If adoption wasn't an option for people who couldn't take care of a child, there would be triple the amount of abortions there are now. Everyday, Lana silently thanks her birth mother for the life she gave her, and she thanks her parents for the life they took in.

These are just a few personal stories I know about adoption. But, adoption is such a wonderful gift. Honestly, one day, I would love to adopt a child. Not only are you giving a child a home, but also someone to love.

Nicole Kidman has two adopted children, and you know what she tells them when they ask why they didn't come from her tummy? She says, "You never were in mummy's tummy, but you were always in mummy's heart." Aww! ^_^

The world is over populated, and when there are so many children in the world who exist already, but don't have a home, why bring more children into the world when you can adopt? I don't think I'll have children, but I might adopt.

I think it's great because it gives some kids the opportunity to have a better life, and like for those people who loose both of their parents i think that they deserve to be adopted also.

My Aunt and Uncle, after realizing that they wouldn't be able to have children of their own, went to Romania, and adopted my cousin, who at that time was five. While they were there they took video of the home that he lived in and the thing about the video itself that has stuck with me for the past seven years is that the home was filled to the brim with children of all ages, from babies to teenagers. To me, if someone can give these kids a better home then a place where they are, due to circumstances, just a number, why should they be denied this for any reason (aside from violent and criminal histories)?

Adoption is wonderful!!! My new cousins are from Russia! Over there they are in warehouses just waiting for someone to come and love them.

I also know a lady who adopted a baby from China. The baby was treated very badly over there - they don't calm them when they cry, they feed them at the same time and take the bottle away at the same time, they are layed on their backs the entire time and never picked up, and she even had some bruises when I saw her. And she is soooooo cute!! How could anyone treat them bad? :D

I have a family friend who is wanting to adopt a child. I was talking with my mom about it. I said if I were to adopt, I would adopt an Asian kid (I really dont know why) But then my mom said that it would be better to have a child of the same color (since I am Indian), because then the child would not feel like he or she belonged. It would be kind of weird like saying "Indian, Indian, Indian, Indian, CHINESE!!" you know?

Aliasfan13 said:
I have a family friend who is wanting to adopt a child. I was talking with my mom about it. I said if I were to adopt, I would adopt an Asian kid (I really dont know why) But then my mom said that it would be better to have a child of the same color (since I am Indian), because then the child would not feel like he or she belonged. It would be kind of weird like saying "Indian, Indian, Indian, Indian, CHINESE!!" you know?
Although I can understand your reasoning, I have to disagree. My friend is Asian, and was adopted by white parents, and she has a brother, who is also Asian and adopted. Instead of feeling like she doesn't belong, being part of an interracial family has taught her a lot of important lessons early on in her life. She is one of the strongest people I know, and I think it's because she was adopted by somebody who looked a little different than her. But there's one thing that doesn't discriminate, and that's love. It doesn't matter what race you or your children are, as long as you love each other, nothing else matters.

Back