Politics Adoption

I know many adopted people. How do you feel about adoption?

• I don't like it much because the children involved are not your own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How else are those poor kids going to get a home?

• I think adoption is a great way to have kids, but not give birth.

• I don't like it, unless it is for women who have problems with birthing.

• I have no opinion on adoption.

• Other [?]

• Total voters
It would be completely wrong to be able to choose the sex of your baby. Or what it looks like. I think it's pretty obvious girls are easier to raise when they are younger :D But if you chose one female instead of males then either way there would be no next gerneration...that would be a bad thing! And the murderering of girls because they are not male is ridiculous. It used to be because women were not fit for war so it was looked down upon to have a female child because they were pretty much useless -_- And I believe people who act and think this way have no morals -_-

i love adoptions because i was adopted from romania i had no food not any good any way and i weighed as much as a new born and i was 18 months old so me i love adoptions

Natalia said:
We had better never be allowed to do that.

The movie Gattaca is a good examply of why it shouldn't happen.

As well asthe fact that -  believe it or not - most people in the world today would still prefer a boy over a girl.

If people were able to choose the sex of their child, countries like India and China would literally not have a single female in their population. Already in India, farmers are stealing girls from other villages for breeding because they have murdered all of their own females. The Hindu religion encourages people to have only sons, and a large number of people abort babies that are female. Many girls are murdered when they are born. The government is trying to encourage people not to get rid of their daughters, as all of the Indian men will have nobody to have to have children with.

Simliar things happen in countries like China.

If you look at the male to female ratio in these countries, it is scarily out of balance.

I hate how some people are willing to take science to every extreme - just to show they can. These people have no ethics or morals. Things like this and cloning are scary.
[post="1022919"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that's what came to my mind immediatly too: the movie Gattaca
for me, i would want it to be completely random, and i wouldn't want to know if it was a boy or girl until the day it was born--don't know why, just a surprise

i've heard about the picking a boy over a girl thing in china, since it is sadly still a common practice. even with government intervention, traditions live on, in india, china, and hopefully not too many more countries.

my dad was adopted, its hard when you cant trace your family tree, but his adopted parents are my family to me, he met his mum once, she hasnt phoned or anything since, sometimes people dont deserve to be parents and many who cant biologically be, do.

oh lol,
well it depends, i would like to say no difference but i would like to give birth just so i can see my features on the child as they grow up, but i also would have no worries about adopting, i see it as my own child, and i dont mind either way

Back