Politics Adoption

I know many adopted people. How do you feel about adoption?

• I don't like it much because the children involved are not your own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How else are those poor kids going to get a home?

• I think adoption is a great way to have kids, but not give birth.

• I don't like it, unless it is for women who have problems with birthing.

• I have no opinion on adoption.

• Other [?]

• Total voters
If a child needs a home, I don't think race should be an issue. I don't think having children of a different race is anymore wrong than interracial marriage. The relationship between a child and parents who love that child has nothing to do with race.

I think adoption is a wonderful thing. I have the highest respect for anyone who does.

Also, did you know that for some strange reason, couples who adopt a child after being told that they can't have children soon after adopting can find themselves pregnant?

I don't want to have my own children, for various reasons. I do plan on adopting at least one child, depending on what my job will entail.

ditto... ^_^ I seriously plan on adopting at least one child, for several reasons...I just think it would be so fulfilling to me to do so :smiley:

i am for adoption because if there wasnt sucha thing then there would be so many abortions and i am so against that....i think its sucha better decision than abortion...but its sad that they have to give up their child b/c they dont have the money or a shelter, food, clothing, or the care they need, but then the parents who cant have children in their home are excited to take in thos kind of kids...yes its not their own but they will cherish and luv like it is....one of my best friends is adopted and if she werent i dunno how my life would be with out her and she luvs her parenst as if they were her real ones and they luv her as if she was their own...and it really pissed me off when one of "our" friends (well not n e more sorta) went to an orphanage sat around and said "i dont think adoption is the best things....its way better to have ur own" at an ORPHANAGE gosh if i were there i would have gone off on her and she said that in front of mah friends mom who adopts, and it made her feel like she isnt a real mom or she doenst give my friend wut she needs, so i htink adoption is very special, yes your own child is so special, but knowing that you adopted a kid and saved its life is just as special.

I am all for adoption. I want to have my own but I also want to adopt, I dont care what color or race they are. I think any one who is loving and can financially care for a child should be able o adopt gay or straight.

I voted: How else are those poor kids going to get a home?

I think adoption is fine, if there is no way that the kid would get a good home with the real parents. I also think it's a good option for couples who aren't able to have kids :smiley:

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
pregnancy is just a scary thing for me. if i had a chance, i would rather adopt. there are many children out there who need good homes.
for me, women in my family are good at birthing. it's in the genes :lol: so i don't mind. i want 4 kids... ^_^ i used to want 6 before i got some sense. :lol:

i think adoption is a great thing and i wish more people would consider it. it doesnt even have to be instead of pregnancy, one can give birth and adopt as well. there are just so many children who dont have their birth parents and who need homes. i think anyone should be allowed to make such an amazing contribution to a childs life! anyone with the resources and ability to take care of a child...who wants to take care of a child...should be allowed to adopt.

I think adoption gives a lot of people second chances at being happy. I think it gives children second chances, who are born into conditions beyond there control and i think it givess a lot of adults second chances at being content with life.

liberty47 said:
I think adoption gives a lot of people second chances at being happy. I think it gives children second chances, who are born into conditions beyond there control and i think it givess a lot of adults second chances at being content with life.
yep! my thought exactly.

I'm adopted. So are my three younger brothers. And honestly, I never felt any different than any other kid out there. We used to work with a local adoption agency to spread the word. It was always maddening to me that abortion got all the press.

I think adoption is great, if you can't have or don't want to have your own child. But, I also think it's great even if you can. My Grandma and Grandpa adopted my aunt, and I'm glad they did. I definately would adopt a child.

Back