Politics Adoption

I know many adopted people. How do you feel about adoption?

• I don't like it much because the children involved are not your own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How else are those poor kids going to get a home?

• I think adoption is a great way to have kids, but not give birth.

• I don't like it, unless it is for women who have problems with birthing.

• I have no opinion on adoption.

• Other [?]

• Total voters
I think adoption is great. If someone can't get pregnant it's the only way and there are so many kids without parents. I think everyone should have a family and these children who lost their family should have somebody who cares for them.

Whether you want to adopt or not it's your business. But if you oppose this, I think that is quite distasteful to even voice, since many people are either adopted or have adopted children.

Abortion? THAT'S a debatable topic. I don't think adoption is! :blink:

I think adoption is a great way to have kids get a family who need one. Or for someone who can't have kids. I like how Angelina Jolie adopted her son and Nicole Kidman adopted 2 kids. I think it's cool to do that. I would rather have my own kids first if I could and then go to adoption.

Whether you want to adopt or not it's your business. But if you oppose this, I think that is quite distasteful to even voice, since many people are either adopted or have adopted children.
I agree. I didn't even think people could have an issue with adoption.

my opinion is a mix of 2 and other. i think adoption is great; you are giving hope to a child. but i dont think adoption solely as "how else are tehy gonna get a home?" its more like, giving a child a chance to be loved.

I was 16 when I got pregnant and gave my daughter up for adoption to a wonderful couple who couldn't have their own kids.

I don't think it's about giving birth to a child it's about sharing your life.

julesvartan said:
I was 16 when I got pregnant and gave my daughter up for adoption to a wonderful couple who couldn't have their own kids.

I don't think it's about giving birth to a child it's about sharing your life.
[post="1019939"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ohhhh, that sounds sad (n) But I understand with what you mean.

Adoption isn't just a home with people who there. It's a place with loving people who you can turn to and talk to about things. A place where everyone should be happy to have a child or a mother even if its not biological. kinda like wat miss_nancee said.

Natalia said:
Somehow I don't think things are going to work out exactly like that! :lol:
[post="1020276"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But, golly, in 10 years, we'll probably be able to choose the sex of our babies! :eek: I'm not sure I would want to do that though. That would be kind of wierd...like, trying to manipulate God's plan. :blink:

aliasjunkie4ever said:
But, golly, in 10 years, we'll probably be able to choose the sex of our babies! :eek: I'm not sure I would want to do that though. That would be kind of wierd...like, trying to manipulate God's plan. :blink:
[post="1022706"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, that's scary cuz if you could choose the sex then what if you could choose hair color or height or intelligence. It is too strange. Almost like Project X-mas, but before birth.

As for adoption. I think it is a wonderful thing. I want to have two kids and adopt two kids, maybe from Korea or China because a lot of kids there need families.

ms.katejones said:
Yeah, that's scary cuz if you could choose the sex then what if you could choose hair color or height or intelligence. It is too strange. Almost like Project X-mas, but before birth.

As for adoption. I think it is a wonderful thing. I want to have two kids and adopt two kids, maybe from Korea or China because a lot of kids there need families.
[post="1022878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
me too, but I want at least one kid that is my own :rolleyes:

Alias_Addict47 said:
me too, but I want at least one kid that is my own  :rolleyes:
[post="1022882"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh yeah. That's what I meant. Like give birth to two kids (even though it sounds scary) and then adopt two kids.)

But, golly, in 10 years, we'll probably be able to choose the sex of our babies!  I'm not sure I would want to do that though. That would be kind of wierd...like, trying to manipulate God's plan.
We had better never be allowed to do that.

The movie Gattaca is a good examply of why it shouldn't happen.

As well asthe fact that - believe it or not - most people in the world today would still prefer a boy over a girl.

If people were able to choose the sex of their child, countries like India and China would literally not have a single female in their population. Already in India, farmers are stealing girls from other villages for breeding because they have murdered all of their own females. The Hindu religion encourages people to have only sons, and a large number of people abort babies that are female. Many girls are murdered when they are born. The government is trying to encourage people not to get rid of their daughters, as all of the Indian men will have nobody to have to have children with.

Simliar things happen in countries like China.

If you look at the male to female ratio in these countries, it is scarily out of balance.

I hate how some people are willing to take science to every extreme - just to show they can. These people have no ethics or morals. Things like this and cloning are scary.

I already hear about that ,,girls are not whished" thing in China and India. My teacher once talked about it. He said it could ruin a family to have only girls, because they have to pay a lot of money when they want them to marry. But it's so cruel to kill your own child only because it doesn't have the sex you want. The people who really kill their daughters must be in dispair, that they don't know another way anymore.

I find the whole boys are better thing odd, because I think it's pretty obvious, that if you don't have girls, there won't be a next generation.

I think adoption is wonderful. I have 9 cousins two that are adopted, and I'm closer to them than any of my other cousins. It's not weird, they're just as much a part of the family as the rest of us. I don't think family is based on genetics, but relationships.

I think picking the sex of your baby is just wrong. That's something that should just be natural, not chosen. I read an article about it once in TIME or Newsweek and chosing the sex of your baby can result in serious medical complications.
Lucy ;)

I voted "other" because I really didn't like how the other's were phrased....

I think adoption is a wonderful.... It's sad though that in the U.S. you're on a waiting list for a long time before you can get a chance to adopt.... that is because everyone wants a perfect caucasian baby -- there are so many other children in this company waiting for families that are of other ethnic backgrounds....

I have friends who have adopted from China, Russia, and Romania.... and two people I know did it because they were never able to conceive on their own... and then once they adopted, it was like a huge pressure was lifted off their shoulders and within a few months of adopting, they were able to get pregnant..... (y)

I already hear about that ,,girls are not whished" thing in China and India. My teacher once talked about it. He said it could ruin a family to have only girls, because they have to pay a lot of money when they want them to marry. But it's so cruel to kill your own child only because it doesn't have the sex you want. The people who really kill their daughters must be in dispair, that they don't know another way anymore.
Dowries are illegal in India. But still more than 14 000 women are murdered every year for not providing a big enough dowry.

Back