Alias Blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarksScrtAgntGrl

Future Mrs. Anders
I just wanted to start a thread for all the images that arn't wallpaper size, cause I am an avid blender and don't like to be confined to 600x800 or so on. If there is already one of these I am sorry but I couldn't find it. :cool:

I have to post the links for the following blends because I am not on my computer to upload them. I will edit this when I get home. Enjoy!

Nearly Civilized-
http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v116/S...lycivilized.gif

Everybody Wants To Rule The World-
http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v116/S...rkblendrule.jpg

Wow I really like those! What fonts did you use for them?

And for the second one what program did you use to create the dots? I know how to do that in paint shop pro but I've been trying to learn how to do it in photoshop, so if you use photoshop I would love some help. Thanks!

I actually did do the dither with PS7.0 but now I have PSP8 which makes it easier. The exact process is lost in my brain now that I have PSP but I will try and find the tutorial I used to make them PS for you!

I'm not sure if I make dots the same way sarksscrtagntgrl does, but here's how I recently learned how to do it:

file --> new --> 6 pixels x 6 pixels, transparent background
use the magnify tool to enlarge it as much as you can.
use the pencil tool, at 1 pixel, black, and make a dot in the center of the background.
go to edit --> define pattern --> give it a name (I usually just call it dots)
then click on the paint bucket tool, and change the fill option from "foreground" to "pattern".
the pattern options next to it should become usable... click on that little arrow to pull down the pattern options, and click on the dots.
Then just simply open a new layer and fill it in.

Hopefully that was understandable. :lol:

This is not-quite-wallpaper size, but if I get enough requests, I can make it 1025x768.

title: Wish We Never Met
pics: alias-media
brushes: insomniac, vered
font: californian fb
lyrics: Wish We Never Met, by Kathleen Wilhoite

Actually that is not what I did but patterns are always a good way to go... what I did however is the following...

On Photoshop, after you flatten the image, duplicate your document (using the icon on the History palette).

Then desaturate the duplicated image (CTRL+SHIFT+U).

Then go to Image>Mode>Indexed Color, using a value of about 4. Then select and copy the whole image and paste it on your original document. Play with the blending modes. I think Soft Light is the best to get that effect.

I took this and found that once you desat and decrease depth make sure you made a copy of the original image than drag it on top of the decreased layer so you have two layers. Now play with you blending menu until you like it. After that flatten the image and I use color burn on a low setting to make the image "pop"

Hope that helps! :D

Also I someone asked what fonts I used and honestly dont remember later today I will go through my font list and see if I can find em. ^_^

You also ought to know that since its switches to index to dither the pic you need to convert it to greyscale and then to RGB before you can drag a layer over it. Just a heads up.

what really counts as a blend or wp?..then that jus means ive been making blends..huh..<_<

but anyways! even though i am anti lark those are pretttyyyyy!!!

Wow, thank you. I consider a blend anything that doesnt fall in standard wallpaper sizes. Most people make blends. True they can be used as wallpapers but officially they are blends!

Existentialist said:
This is not-quite-wallpaper size, but if I get enough requests, I can make it 1025x768.

title: Wish We Never Met
pics: alias-media
brushes: insomniac, vered
font: californian fb
lyrics: Wish We Never Met, by Kathleen Wilhoite

wow thats soooooooooooooo pretty!
felgercarb, but here's mine [details are in the bottom-left corner, how is it?]:

I was wondering if there was going tobe a section for this! I love making blends :smiley:

Pics : Alias-Media
Font : Pussycat, er...
Textures : Text-TRE
Brushes : Echoica

remnblend2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back