Alias Renewed for Fourth Season!

From www.zap2it.com

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - While ABC won't officially announce its fall schedule until May, "Alias" star Jennifer Garner says that she and the spy series will be part of the line-up.

"We are coming back for next year, which we are thrilled about," Garner tells Zap2it.com. "I don't know if it's been announced, but I'll be back. We hired new writers, we hired new cast members, so it's happening."

"Alias" has been a critical favorite since its premiere and has a devoted fan following. However, its ratings have never been more than mediocre, earning it the dubious honor of being a "cachet show" -- one that might not perform well overall, but a good project for a network to be associated with as well as the lone program viewers who don't normally visit the alpahbet network will make a point of watching.

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->One of the new cast members is Mia Maestro ("Frida") who will play the sister of Garner's character in the last three episodes of this season and will more than likely be a regular come fall. <!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> The additions to the writing staff will also help "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams manage his time, since he currently has two pilots in the works for the network: "Lost" revolves around a group of plane crash survivors building new lives and stars Dominic Monaghan ("The Lord of the Rings"), Matthew Fox ("Party of Five"), Ian Somerhalder ("Smallville") and Daniel Dae Kim ("24," "Angel"); "The Catch" (for midseason) follows the adventures of a bounty hunter played by "Alias" supporting cast member Greg Grunberg.

Garner, who is currently promoting her upcoming romantic comedy "13 Going on 30" and training for "Elektra" based on her character from last year's "Daredevil" film, admits that the last three seasons on the show have been grueling, but changes have been made to accomodate the need for her to deliver a convincing performance as CIA agent Sydney Bristow and keep up with the physical demands.

"I was so tired I was falling asleep between set-ups, so I was crying 'Uncle,' and I've never asked for anything before," Garner explains, saying that she rarely has a day off during the TV season and often has to be back on the set in less than 12 hours. "They redoubled efforts to be protective of me after that."

Not that she's complaining, nor will the show lose any of its trademark action sequences. "Next week I'm rappelling out of a helicopter 200 feet off the ground, and I know that two weeks ago I was barreling across the desert on horseback," she smiles. "I love 'Alias,' we're all so much like a family. I'm with the show until the end."

There's going to be a horse-riding action sequence? That'll be.... interesting. :lol:

I'm glad to hear that they're all so confident about it. I'd say we have NOTHING to worry about in terms of Season 4 coming back. Now, is it too early to start worrying about Season 5?

It's also good to see that Jennifer Garner is sticking up for herself a little more. After everything she's done for the show, she deserves a little better treatment. The hours they put in are insane....No matter what the pay, no one should have to work under those conditions without a break.

:happydance: ..haaahh.. wasn't that nice?

she's such an angel .. "I love ALIAS...I'm with the show until the end"...
yeah we are too kid
:groupwave:

thats great news ... :woot:

"I love ALIAS, we're all so much like a family. I'm with the show until the end"...
Well, certainly, we, the fans, will stick around too ... ;)

Now, is it too early to start worrying about Season 5?
Yep, I think so ... ;)

and finally,
Obviously, ABC could use a new breakout hit. Back in 1983, when NBC was floundering and only six shows (The A-Team, TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes, Riptide, Monday Night Movie, The Facts of Life and Knight Rider) finished the season in the top 30, the arrival of The Cosby Show one season later created Must-See TV, giving the network a solid night on which it could promote the entire schedule. By the 1985-'86 season, Cosby was the No. 1 show, NBC was the No. 1 network and suddenly CBS and ABC couldn't compete. Although today's programming environment means finding an immediate hit is no easier than looking for a needle in a haystack, nothing is impossible. At the right time, and with the right concept, it can be done. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire proves that point.

Next, the network needs to realize that, despite the critical acclaim, viewers will never watch a show like Alias en masse because it is just too hard to follow. Instead of scheduling high-maintenance dramas like Threat Matrix, Line Of Fire and Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital, how about trying out a feel-good family drama, a la the WB's 7th Heaven? Although the critics won't take notice, viewers across the country are often magnets for something that gives off more of a feel-good tone. Remember what The Waltons did for CBS in 1972, when it debuted against the then-unstoppable Flip Wilson Show on NBC and ABC's The Mod Squad? Instead of all these serious dramas, how about the weekly tale of a family trying to survive in today's frenetic world? From what I see, the network could use a family drama to open any night of the week.

Just thought you guys wanted to know about this piece on Yahoo ... ;)

Good news to all of us Alias fanatics...... Poor Jen, she rarely ahve day off... I hope they will give Jen a break so that she'll have much time spending with MV... hahahaha :D

(y) Alias rules..........

Alias_Gay said:
Obviously, ABC could use a new breakout hit. Back in 1983, when NBC was floundering and only six shows (The A-Team, TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes, Riptide, Monday Night Movie, The Facts of Life and Knight Rider) finished the season in the top 30, the arrival of The Cosby Show one season later created Must-See TV, giving the network a solid night on which it could promote the entire schedule. By the 1985-'86 season, Cosby was the No. 1 show, NBC was the No. 1 network and suddenly CBS and ABC couldn't compete. Although today's programming environment means finding an immediate hit is no easier than looking for a needle in a haystack, nothing is impossible. At the right time, and with the right concept, it can be done. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire proves that point.

Next, the network needs to realize that, despite the critical acclaim, viewers will never watch a show like Alias en masse because it is just too hard to follow. Instead of scheduling high-maintenance dramas like Threat Matrix, Line Of Fire and Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital, how about trying out a feel-good family drama, a la the WB's 7th Heaven? Although the critics won't take notice, viewers across the country are often magnets for something that gives off more of a feel-good tone. Remember what The Waltons did for CBS in 1972, when it debuted against the then-unstoppable Flip Wilson Show on NBC and ABC's The Mod Squad? Instead of all these serious dramas, how about the weekly tale of a family trying to survive in today's frenetic world? From what I see, the network could use a family drama to open any night of the week.
Hey does anyone else think that whoever wrote this doesn't watch Alias. It might not get "CSI" numbers but it still brings in a desperately needed demographic. A demographic that CBS has a hard time even getting. Alias isn't the problem as the author of this article suggests. Its the shows around it, a la..reality shows, mediocre dramas, not funny sitcoms, etc. 24 and the OC on Fox bring in tons more viewers, ONLY because of American Idol, if Alias had a good lead in they would have a good audience too. Sadly Alias is the only bright spot for this network and I don't even think for one moment that a family drama could even cut it right now, hence the ratings for Once and Again a few years back. ABC understands the loyalty of the Alias audience and hopefully beyond next season realize how much of an asset it is to their problematic network as of late.
Anyway sorry for the rant.

I am so glad to hear there is a Season 4.
Also the horseback scene seems really interesting!!!

such great news!!!
hmm this horse riding scene will definitely be interesting!! finally some change in props!! hehe!!

Finally, horses! Lol I just sent off a letter the other day to suggest it :smiley: I'm so happy for a 4th season, but its going to be horrible waiting ver the summer once again!

Every time I try to picture them riding horses, I hear the Indiana Jones theme song in my head. :lol: And then I see Sydney with the cowboy hat and the whip...:sideroll: Hopefully that episode will air soon so I can replace my goofy images with the real thing.

I posted this info in another thread and thought it was worth posting here too....let's not get too excited about Season 4 until ABC announces they've renewed Alias;they haven't done that yet. As a matter of fact, ABC announced a bunch of renewals today and ALias wasn't on the list

rjalias said:
Alias_Gay said:

Hey does anyone else think that whoever wrote this doesn't watch Alias. It might not get "CSI" numbers but it still brings in a desperately needed demographic. A demographic that CBS has a hard time even getting. Alias isn't the problem as the author of this article suggests. Its the shows around it, a la..reality shows, mediocre dramas, not funny sitcoms, etc. 24 and the OC on Fox bring in tons more viewers, ONLY because of American Idol, if Alias had a good lead in they would have a good audience too. Sadly Alias is the only bright spot for this network and I don't even think for one moment that a family drama could even cut it right now, hence the ratings for Once and Again a few years back. ABC understands the loyalty of the Alias audience and hopefully beyond next season realize how much of an asset it is to their problematic network as of late.
Anyway sorry for the rant.

I am so glad to hear there is a Season 4.
Also the horseback scene seems really interesting!!!
I think if ABC could get a show like "Touched by An Angel" or "Joan of Arcadia", it would definitely work in favour of "Alias" ...

remember when "touched" was the # 1 show every week till CBS decided to move it from Sunday to Saturday ... and that move, killed the show ... so, if ABC can get something like that ... it could work ... I think ;)

i really don't understand people. do they not know what a good show is. ever since i becane a proper t.v addict and especially sci-fi and fantasy stuff, networks, mainly american have just cut them short when they are running well. i have been denied of sooo many shows i love that i refuse to lose another one. ALIAS MUST BE RENEWED!!!!

MeganGarnerBristow said:
I'm sooooo excited they are coming back for their fourth season! Heck ya ya'lll!
ahhhh we still dont know for sure....UGH MAY CANT COME SOON ENOUGH WHEN THEY OFFICALLY ANNOUNCE IT.

MVhunny said:
MeganGarnerBristow said:
I'm sooooo excited they are coming back for their fourth season! Heck ya ya'lll!
ahhhh we still dont know for sure....UGH MAY CANT COME SOON ENOUGH WHEN THEY OFFICALLY ANNOUNCE IT.
OK ... ABC will announce its fall line-up this Tuesday the 18th ... so, after that we will be pretty sure that Alias will be back ... ;)

Alias_Gay said:
OK ... ABC will announce its fall line-up this Tuesday the 18th ... so, after that we will be pretty sure that Alias will be back ... ;)
thats tomorrow!! ahhhh I CANT WAIT.

Back