Alias renewed for fourth season!

I am waiting for my thing be approved in the news section... but OMG!!!!

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - While ABC won't officially announce its fall schedule until May, "Alias" star Jennifer Garner says that she and the spy series will be part of the line-up.

"We are coming back for next year, which we are thrilled about," Garner tells Zap2it.com. "I don't know if it's been announced, but I'll be back. We hired new writers, we hired new cast members, so it's happening."

"Alias" has been a critical favorite since its premiere and has a devoted fan following. However, its ratings have never been more than mediocre, earning it the dubious honor of being a "cachet show" -- one that might not perform well overall, but a good project for a network to be associated with as well as the lone program viewers who don't normally visit the alpahbet network will make a point of watching.

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->One of the new cast members is Mia Maestro ("Frida") who will play the sister of Garner's character in the last three episodes of this season and will more than likely be a regular come fall.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> The additions to the writing staff will also help "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams manage his time, since he currently has two pilots in the works for the network: "Lost" revolves around a group of plane crash survivors building new lives and stars Dominic Monaghan ("The Lord of the Rings"), Matthew Fox ("Party of Five"), Ian Somerhalder ("Smallville") and Daniel Dae Kim ("24," "Angel"); "The Catch" (for midseason) follows the adventures of a bounty hunter played by "Alias" supporting cast member Greg Grunberg.

Garner, who is currently promoting her upcoming romantic comedy "13 Going on 30" and training for "Elektra" based on her character from last year's "Daredevil" film, admits that the last three seasons on the show have been grueling, but changes have been made to accomodate the need for her to deliver a convincing performance as CIA agent Sydney Bristow and keep up with the physical demands.

"I was so tired I was falling asleep between set-ups, so I was crying 'Uncle,' and I've never asked for anything before," Garner explains, saying that she rarely has a day off during the TV season and often has to be back on the set in less than 12 hours. "They redoubled efforts to be protective of me after that."

Not that she's complaining, nor will the show lose any of its trademark action sequences. "Next week I'm rappelling out of a helicopter 200 feet off the ground, and I know that two weeks ago I was barreling across the desert on horseback," she smiles. "I love 'Alias,' we're all so much like a family. I'm with the show until the end."

knew it was coming, but im glad jennifer confirmed it...ill till be a little anxious until may though!!!

Woohoo!!!!!

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->And oh yeah, SpySis is going to become a regular next season!! How awesome is that?! Who are the other new cast members? DaddyVaughn perhaps???<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->She has a sister?<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> Aw man I wish I didn't read that. Oh well, glad to see she's getting more breaks. JG works a lot!

I am glad that Jennifer Garner announced that Alias is going be renewed for its fourth season, but I am going to wait for the official confirmation from ABC on the series' renewal.

I am sure that season 4 of Alias will be just as good or better as season 3 was.

New writers. :smiley: or :( Well JJ hired them so I gotta trust him, but I'm sad to hear JJ won't be as involved anymore. Well Joss Whedon had three shows running during season 7 of Buffy and look how great that season of Buffy turned out, except for the fact Firefly was cancelled. I hope he still writes the season premiere and finale like he usually does. I'm pretty sure he won't be writing another episode in the middle of the season.

I covered up the visible spoilers - I apologize to you guys who saw it. This is the one that just seems out of control...

I don't understand why J.J. Abrams feels the need to immerse himself in so many other projects right now. What, Alias isn't good enough for him!?!? He really needs another job?!?! You know how many people would kill to have a show like Alias? I can't believe that he's so impatient that he needs to start other projects at the height of this one, when it really could use his full attention. (If it had had it this season, we might have enjoyed it more.) I think he gets bored easily...He started Alias before Felicity had even ended. I understand that he wants to stay busy, but for the sake of everyone else involved, I think it's only fair to concentrate on one major project at a time.

Oh no, not new cast members. The last thing we need is another Lauren. I hope Lena Olin was added back to this new cast. I would be sooo gratefull. :notworthy:

Back