All This Time

aww... i just recently looked at this fic, and omg, it's just as good as what may be. but that's alright, finish that one first, then maybe u can hurry back and finish this one... ;) . lol.

wooooooooo i've not been on for ages and i was just catching up with all the fics i've missed this is so cute. i hope u finnish the other fic soon so you can finnish this one too. talk about cliff hanger!!!

i cant wait for u to start this one! but are u serisoly done with the other one or r u just trying to mess with us but u should make a sequal if that is the end! but anyways i cant wait for u to start this one to start bak up

Guess who's back? Back again? :laughbounce: Sorry, was just listening to Eminem! :lol: Anyways, since it's been like a month since WMB was over, I thought I should start working on this again.

And Lee, there is a sequel for WMB but it won't be happening for quite a while! :smiley:

Anyways, onto ATT!

"Oh, my sweet, sweet Sydney!" Vaughn cried out as he fell down on his knees and wrapped his arms around her waist.
Sydney couldn't breathe. Incoherent thoughts flashed through her mind. She tried to make sense of it all, but couldn't. Vaughn. Vaughn. He was here. Holding her. Crying into her stomach. It had to be a dream. She pinched herself. No, not a dream. She looked down at his tousled dirty blond hair. Looked down at the man crying out her name, asking for forgiveness. Looked down at the broken man she used to know so well. It was him. Vaughn came back.
Her heart stopped. She fainted.

"Mommy? Mommy?" Sydney heard a little voice calling her out of unconsciousness. She opened her eyes and saw a blurry version of her son's face staring down at her.
"Mommy! You're okay!" Mikey flung his arms around his mother and gave her a tight hug. "You scared me, mommy!!" His angelic face scrunched up and he gave a little pout.
Sydney shook her head to get rid of the haze. She reached out and touched Mikey's cheek. "I'm sorry, honey, but I'm okay," she told him. "What happened?"
And then it hit her. She remembered. Vaughn.
She sat up quickly and fervishly looked around the room, looking for him. But he wasn't there. He wasn't there. It was a dream. Just another dream. Sydney sighed and lowered herself back onto the couch. She tried not to cry, but it was hard. She didn't how much longer she could live like this.
Mikey was still staring at her, his inquisitive brown eyes boring a hole into her soul. "Mommy, umm...," he started to say.
"I'm sorry, honey," Sydney said, taking him into her arms. "I didn't mean to scare you," she said into his blond curls, blinking back tears.
"Sydney," a voice said.
Sydney's eyes shot open. She knew that voice. She looked up into the green eyes that she'd missed so much. Her heart stopped.
"You're awake," he said, kneeling down next to her and handing her a glass of water. "Drink this, you'll feel better."
Her heart stopped. She couldn't breathe. This isn't real. I'm dreaming again. She slapped herself. Ouch. Not a dream.
She looked into his green eyes again. They were as beautiful as she remembered them. But there was something different. There was so much more hurt in his eyes, a great sadness that dulled the twinkle that used to be there.
She sat up slowly, forgetting that Mikey was lying on top of her. Forgetting everything except the fact that she and Vaughn were in the same room. She stifled a sob. How many tears had she cried for this man? How many pieces were her heart broken when she'd found him gone? How many nights had she dreamed of this moment? And here he was. Looking into her eyes with a smile on his face.
She reached out and touched his cheek. He was real. She couldn't stop the tears from falling. He was real.
"Vaughn, it's you. It's really you," she sobbed. "You're really here. How? Why? Vaughn, I-"
"Sydney," he cut her off and put a finger to her lips. "Please, don't say anything. Just let me hold you. It's been too long without you in my arms."
With tears streaking her cheek and eyes blurred because of more tears waiting to fall, she kissed his finger and nodded.
With that, Vaughn leaned over and grabbed both her and Mickey into a hug. He held onto them so tight, Sydney could barely breathe. She inhaled his familiar scent, ran her fingers through his familiar hair, stroked his familiar back, and sobbed into his familiar chest. This was all too real. She thought her heart would explode from the happiness searing through her body. She could stay like this forever.
"Mo-mommy?" Mikey's scared voice called out.
Sydney's heart stopped for the third time that night. Mikey. She'd forgotten her own son was there. He was scared. He didn't know it was his own father hugging him.
She pulled away from Vaughn and saw the confusion and fear on Mikey's face. "Oh, sweetheart," she cried, pulling him closer to her.
Vaughn pulled back and looked at mother and son and his heart broke. His son was scared of him. His son didn't know who he was.
"Mommy, who is this man?" Mikey asked, pulling back and looking his mother in the eyes.
Sydney didn't know what to say. Should she tell him? Should Vaughn tell him? Should they tell him together? She glanced at Vaughn. His eyes conveyed nothing except hurt. She looked back down at her son, hanging onto her with the grip of a sumo wrestler. She rubbed his back and told him, "We'll have to talk about this later, honey. Right now, mommy and this man need to talk adult stuff alone. How about you take your dinner into your room and watch some television?"
She needed to talk to Vaughn before saying anything to her son. What if Vaughn wasn't staying? She couldn't very well tell her son he was her father to have him leave again. That would break his already broken heart. And she couldn't do that to him.
Mikey looked up and saw that there was no room for argument with his mother and simply nodded.
Sydney kissed the top of his head and lifted him onto the floor. Vaughn gave her a look but she paid no attention to him. She led Mikey to the kitchen and grabbed his plate of macaroni and cheese and led him out of the room.
Mikey turned around to look at the man one more time and realized the man was staring at him. He thought the man looked familiar but he didn't know who he was. He'd have to ask his mommy later.
They reached his room and Sydney sat the food down on his desk. "Be a good boy for mommy, okay, honey?" she asked. "Eat your dinner and then we'll have a talk when I get back."
Mikey simply nodded as Sydney turned and walked out of his room, closing the door behind her.

When Sydney got back to the living room, Vaughn was standing at the fireplace, looking at the many pictures of Mikey littering the mantle.
She stood in the entryway, not sure if she really wanted to walk in. After all these years, there he was. Looking as if he'd never left. It was so natural for him to be standing there. She wished she could just walk up behind him and put her arms around him and never let him go.
But first she had to know why. Why he left. Why he never so much as wrote. And why he came back.
Vaughn heard her footsteps approaching and turned around. She was as beautiful as he remembered but there was a worn look to her. He guessed it had a lot to do with his disappearing act. And the fact that she'd had to take care of Mikey by herself. He cast his eyes to the floor, he couldn't bear to look her in the eyes again. He was ashamed.
"I'm sorry, Sydney," his voice was barely a whisper.
Sydney stopped midstep and looked at him. He truly was broken. He couldn't even look at her. She wanted nothing more than to hold him and tell him she still loved him. To tell him that everything would be okay because he was back. But for how long?
"Vaughn." At the sound of her voice so close to him, he looked up. "What are you doing here?"
The way she looked at him and the way she asked, he knew she didn't want him back. She'd moved on and he was only causing her more pain by being here. What have I done?
She cocked her head to the side and looked at him. No, looked through him. She wasn't seeing him. She was seeing all the hurt and loneliness she'd felt since he'd left. That he caused. He did that to her. How could he have done that to her? He didn't deserve her forgiveness and he was foolish to have come back.
"Sydney, I made a mistake," he began slowly. "A mistake I've had to live with all these years. I thought I was doing the right thing. You deserved so much more than I could ever give you, Sydney. I didn't deserve you. I loved you so much that I knew I had to let you go."
As he spoke, he felt some of the weight he'd been carrying lift off his shoulders. As long as she knew the truth, that was all that mattered. He didn't want her to believe that he'd left her because he didn't love her.
"But I couldn't live without you, Syd. It was eating away at me everyday. I couldn't stop thinking about you. About us. About our son." At the mention of his son, Vaughn couldn't help but start to cry. "And what a wonderful boy he's grown up to be. You've done a wonderful job raising him, Syd."
Hearing all of this was too much for Sydney to take. She sat down on the couch because her knees were becoming weak. He loved her. He loved her. What did he feel now?
"I thought I could come back and we could go back to how we were," Vaughn continued, walking closer to where she sat. "But I see now that it was a mistake to come back."
No! No! No! Sydney screamed in her head. But she couldn't find her voice.
"You've both moved on," Vaughn said sadly. "My own son doesn't even recognize me. But I don't deserve to be recognized anyway. I abandoned him. I abandoned you. I'm so sorry, Sydney."
He fell on his knees in front of her and took her hands in his. "I'm so sorry," he said before he dropped his head onto her lap and cried. "I love you so much," he said between sobs. His whole body shook. Sydney's heart broke again.
After all this time... he still loves her. He loves her. He loves her.
"Oh, Vaughn!" she pulled him up and into a hug. "I've missed you so much! Not a day went by that I didn't think of you. Hoping, wishing, praying that you'd come back. And now, here you are, in my arms."
She pulled back and looked into his eyes. The green eyes she'd never forget. "I love you. I always have and I always will."
His heart was beating so fast and loud, he was sure she could hear it. After all this time... she still loves him. She loves him. She loves him.
He knew there was so much more to say, but it didn't matter at the moment. He loves her. She loves him. Knowing that, they could get through anything.
He bent his head down and kissed her like he'd never kissed her before. Kissed her like there was no tomorrow. Kissed her with all his heart and soul. And she kissed him with just as much conviction and passion.
It had been too long since the last time.

PM LIST:

AcidGirl
Alias Fan Gillian
ALIAS4me
Alias79
aliascazUK
Aliasfan23
aLiAsFaN_14
Aliasrulz4ever
Alias_addict
Alias_bestthingsinceslicedcheese
alias_luver
alias_mvjg
allenegirl
bsktballgurl005
Ces
hannahb
hurleygirl0952
i'm an aliasaholic
Jen-Jen
jgmvlover
karlee
krzykty57789
litchi168
Ms.MichaelVaughn
mv4me
Nancy O
nattie700
obsessetion
PsychicAgent
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
sfa1982
SydnVaughn TrueLoveWaits
S/V
uasydvaughngurl
vampirgirl
vartancrazy24
Xtremelimits08
vartan-lova
vaughn'sgal
<maya>
!n@$en+
*HaNnAhBaNaNa*

Did I forget anyone?

FIRST!!!! yay ok moving on

WOW!! that was so good! i mean seriously! it was so emotion-filled

it's great to know that they both still love each other. i can't wait intil they tell mikey...that should be interesting.

I've missed this story so much & i'm glad it's back!

thanks for the pm & update soon!

Aww, I've missed this story! It's got a different plot line than a lot of the fics out there, and it's nice to have something sifferent to read. Great Job!

S/V

Hey! I read this fiction sometime a looong time ago! I really like it! I signed up in May.. and didnt realize that I can give feedback to people. (lol, stupid me)

Back