This Time Around

That was great ... poor Syd must be soo conflicted ... glad Vaughn went after her to explain ... cant wait for Vaughns reaction ... love Shawn ... aww only one more chapter :cry: ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

awww..,.. please make them be together... they deserve it... and they love each other dearly.. too nad there's one update left but i can't wait to find out what happens, will you write a sequel? hope you do.. just let me know thanks for the pm

She isn't going to leave
Is she?
She can take the promotion, but take Vaughn with her to New York!
Please?
Just one more chapter?
Will you write a sequel, please?
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

oh god
hope he goes with her to new york
or something...but they have to stay together!
cant wait for more
please write a sequel!!!
thanks

Tanya :beret:

They need to settle this argument fast. I hope they work things out and that Syd turns down that promotion, or Michael goes with her.
Thanks for the PM

hmmm... okay, let's think....
if she goes to NY; she can take vaughn with her if they make up!! that's a nice sequel!! :D or if they don't make up and she decides to go, they will miss eachother so badly they'll end up together right? that's a nice sequel too :D
hm... but if she decides to stay... that's okay too!

so, i'm not worrying lol, everything's gonna be alright :smiley:

BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE UP!!!!

loved it, really! can't believe he would work with that cow though :P
thanks for the pm!

OMG she has to take the job and vaughn should say something to make every thing better! I love it even if it evil!! Thanks 4 the PMs Catie!!!
SYD

omg she has to get the job but she can't lose vaughn in the process

omg i can't believe there's only one chappy left

sequel? *hopeful*

luv juju :harp:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~Chapter 26~ FINAL CHAPTER</span>

Author’s note- first off I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to those of you who have been reading a reviewing this from the beginning!! Thanks for sticking around ;) for all the people that gave me reviews after every chapter I THANK YOU as well. You may not know how much your comments mean but just know that if it wasn’t for your comments I probably would have stopped writing this a long time ago…. you guys kept me going ;) I’m still not sure about the sequel…. but if I do end up writing one everyone on the pm list will be notified…. thanks again and here goes nothing.

~Previously~

“I got offered a promotion today.” I said slowly

His head snapped back up smiling relieved to change the subject. “Really that’s awesome!” he said the excitement coming back to his eyes.

“In New York.” I said looking down. When I looked back up after he hadn’t said anything for what felt like eternity I saw the same look in the airport 5 years ago…and it broke my heart all over again.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

“In…in New York?” he said quietly looking me straight in the eyes.

“Yeah.”

“What did you say? I mean did you take the job?” he asked frantically

“I haven’t given an answer yet. I told him I would tell him on Monday. He gave me the weekend off” I said looking back down at my hands.”

“So you’re actually thinking about excepting It.,” he said starting to sound angry.

“Vaughn I cant not think about it! This is like the promotions of all promotions! Is it really my fault that they want me in New York.” I said matching is anger.

“Whatever.” He said irritated as he stood up.

“Where are you going?” I asked standing up as well.

“ I once before told you not to go and you went so it’s not like anything I say will make you stay. But I’m gunna say something anyways. Sydney you know I love you more than anything in this world. When I look into my future I see nothing but you. I would do anything for you. I know your angry or upset with me right now, but what relationship doesn’t have some bumps. I have always been true to you and I always will be if you give me the chance at forever. Before you make your decision I want you to think long and hard at where you would be happier and when you get that answer, then you come and see me. I just hope your choice is me.” He said letting a tear fall from his eye. As he turned around and walked back to his car without another word.

I knew I couldn’t ask Vaughn to go with me because it’s not fair to him. As I stood there and watched him drive away tears began to fall. Something I couldn’t stop from happening even if I tried. Where would I be the happiest?

I ran back to my apartment and took a long bath. Trying to sort out the million thoughts that were flying through my head. I knew I loved Vaughn there was no questing that, but I also loved my job. I had my job a lot longer than I had Vaughn. I would never get in a fight with my job. I wouldn’t have to worry about it cheating with its partner. Then again could my job love me as much as I knew Vaughn did?

I was brought out of my thoughts at the phone ringing right next to my ear. I quickly dried off my hands and grabbed the phone. Thinking it was Vaughn.

“Hello.”

“Hey Sydney its Fran look Shawn just told me and brook about Vaughn and well were on our way over with junk food and movies whether you like it or not.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at my friends. “Ok I just need to get out of the bath I’ll see you guys in a bit.”

“Alright see ya.” She said hanging up the phone.

I got out of the bathtub and changed into some sweats and a t-shirt putting my wet hair up and walking into the living room just as the door opened and in walked brook and Francie carrying bags of food.

“Gosh guys did you leave anything at the store!” I said laughing as they stumbled into the house.

“ Hey it was an emergency! Everyone will understand.” Francie said putting the bags she was carrying down on the table.

“So how are you.”? Francie said giving me a hug.

“I’m ok, I mean we talked about it…but lets pig out and talk at the same time cause I’m hungry.” I said looking through the bags and smiling when I found a pint of coffee ice cream.

“Yay!” I said grabbing it.

“Yea we got 2 of those cause we weren’t sure how upset you were.” Brook said grabbing a bag of chips.

I flopped down on the couch and opened my ice cream as Francie and brook sat down by me.

“Sooooo…” brook said quietly looking with raised eyebrows.

“I hadn’t heard from him in like ever so I called and he never picked up. I went to see him and he acted all funny…and then this blonde Barbie came out of his office calling him Mikey…I mean by then I was mad but when he introduced me he just said I was Sydney…he didn’t even call me his girlfriend. I left and he chased after me and tried to explain but couldn’t sooo I sped out the there and didn’t look back.” I said in one breath playing with my ice cream.

“Wow…A** hole.” Broke said breaking the silence.

“Yeah then I went to work and got a promotion.” I said looking down dreading what I would soon have to tell them.

“Ohmygod are you serious! That’s great” Francie said excitedly.

“Yeah I mean the promotion is amazing, I would be running my own company…but there’s a catch…. I would have to move to New York.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

-Vaughn’s POV-

“Come on Vaughn you know she’ll pick you!” Eric said dodging pucks that were flying at him as he tried to defend the goal.

“She didn’t last time.” I said flinging another one right past him.

“So what you guys were like 18 things are different now…” Eric said stopping his movements as Vaughn ran out of pucks to shoot at him.

“ Yea…that’s what I keep telling myself.” I said skating around the goal box.

“I mean would you move to New York with her?”

“ I cant Eric my whole life is here…my job, my friends, my mom lives here….”

“Yeah but remember they invented airplanes that take you from one place to another.”

I shoot a puck at him that he had been sending back to me.

“Hey watch it you could have really done damaged to this beautiful face!” Eric said shooting it back at me, just missing me.

“I can’t really picture my life without Sydney now. I mean I know we have only been back together for a little while now, but I had plans to make her my wife, and that’s hard to do with her in New York.” I said flopping down on the ice to give my legs a rest.

“Yea did you tell her that?” Eric said coming and sitting a few feet away from me.

“I kind of did I’ve mentioned marriage to her before she seemed to like the idea.”

“Well then there you go propose.” He said flinging his hands in the air like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Its not that easy…” I said digging the blades on my skates into the ice.

“Why the heck not…ok ok ok you love her…she loves you why the heck is proposing to her SUCH a hard thing to do?”

“I don’t know I guess its just fear that if I do propose then she’ll have already decided on the job and I’ll get shut down and stomped on twice in the matter of minutes.”

“Well…I don’t know what to tell you buddy.”

“I just hope she happy with what ever she chooses”

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

~Sydney’s POV~

“New…new York?” Francie said hesitantly starring into my eyes as if the real truth lyes with in them.

“Yeah that’s the place.” I said looking down not able to look at Francie's broken expression any longer.

“Well what are you going to do?” brook said speaking up

“I’ve thought about it…and I don’t think I’m going to take the job, I mean all of you guys live here and your really the only family I’ve got.” I said in one breath

“Are you sure?” Francie and brook asked at the same time.

“Yes…yes I am,” I said laughing at their reactions

“Wow girl you really know how to give someone a heart attack. I bet Vaughn’s happy your staying.” Francie said her attention going back to the chips in front of her.

“I haven’t told him yet…I think I’ll wait for a little bit you know make him squirm.” I said taking a bit of ice cream.

“Good Idea he deserves it after what he did to you.” Brook said with her mouth full of cheesy popcorn.

“Yea…”

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

--The next day—Sydney POV

I was brought out of my peaceful sleep but the sound of banging coming from my front door. Slowly getting up and dragging my self to the front door but not before I peaked at the clock, which read 5:42am **this better be important** looking through the door peephole I saw someone unexpected. Swinging the door open I was greeted with the fresh smell of coffee.

“I thought I would bring you some coffee.”

“Its not even 6 yet why the heck are you here.” I said getting irritated at the lack of sleep.

“Don’t you go into work at 6:30?”

“Not today my boss gave me the day off to SLEEP IN something I can no longer do.” I said coming off a lot harsher than I meant to.

“Oh I’m sooo sorry here take the coffee I’ll leave you alone to go back to sleep. Sydney I’m so so soooo sorry.” He said with a fearful expression like I was going to hit him. He turned on his heal and was 3 feet before I stopped him.

“Vaughn you knew I had the day off I told you I did.” I said my voice softer than before as I was more alert.

“I know…I wanted to see you I’ve been up since 3 and couldn’t wait any longer.”

“Come in side we’ll talk or something.” I said tugging on his hand to follow me. He did but not at first.

Once inside I closed the door and began to walk in the direction of my room.

“Where are you going.”? Vaughn said quickly before I was out of site.

“Back to bed your coming as well you probably went to bed at 2 and woke up and hour later now come on don’t argue.” I said walking up the stairs

I crawled into bed and under the covers expecting to feel him get in the bed beside me right after I did. When I didn’t I opened my eyes to see him standing by the door.

“Problem?”

“Well I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to actually get into bed with you...cause arnt you mad at me?” he said playing with his hands.

“Sleep then talk get your a** in bed.” I said closing my eyes again. This time I did feel him crawl in the bed beside me and hesitantly wrap his arms around me. To let him know it was ok I held onto his hand as he started to relax.

I had never felt so content in my life. Lying in bed at this moment I knew that the phone call to my boss last night to decline the job was in fact the right thing to do. I could tell he was upset with me but none the less I still did end up getting a promotion to assistant manger in the Los Angeles office…the one I work for now.

“Vaughn” I said quietly rubbing his arm lightly

“Hmm.” He said on the verge of sleep.

“I didn’t take the job.” At first I thought he didn’t hear me because he did nothing in response. I slowly turned around to face him when I saw he was wide-awake with a smile on his face letting me know he heard me.

“You didn’t.” he said slowly.”

“No I didn’t once before in my life I had the choice to keep you or loose you and I made the worst decision in my life, but that’s not going to happen now…no this time around the only thing I want is you Michael Vaughn.” I said as a tear feel from my eye.

“So this is what it feels like to win the lottery.” He said smiling and wiping away the fallen tear.

I couldn’t help but laugh at his comment.

“Sydney you have no idea how happy you have just made me. But there is one thing more you could do for me.” Vaughn said getting up and grabbing his pants off the floor he had discarded moments before.

“Oh yea what’s that I said curious. I didn’t have to wait much longer before I realized what he was talking about. Vaughn pulled out a little black velvet box from his pants pocket and climbed back into bed.

“All you have to do is say yes.” He said opening the box to reveal a stunning diamond ring.

“Sydney Anne Bristow will you make me the happiest man alive. Will you marry me.”?

Nothing could have prepared me for what he had just asked me when I got up to answer the door not to long ago I never in a million year would have thought that Michael Vaughn would be in nothing but his boxers on his knees in bed asking me to love him for all eternity.

“Ohmygod YES!” I said jumping up and wrapping my arms around him before a captured his lips in a passionate yet delicate kiss.

Both pulling away with goofy grins on our faces Vaughn slipped on the ring. It fit perfectly and now I could honestly say I had everything I could ever want. Friends, family, and a job I loved but most importantly a Michael Vaughn with the promise of a future that could lead to anything…yea this time around things are totally looking up.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BIG THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS!</span>

*first* brb after I read it!! :P
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMFG that roxed!! I <3 u cathie!! WOW that rocked! thanks for all the great updates!! ttyl
SYD

omg its over :cry: ok well let me just say that, that was a gr8 chapter and such a gr8 fic thanks 4 letting me read it :D
thanks 4 the pm'z
Moni xOx :angelic:

Back