~Forever and For Always~

Title: Forever and For Always
Author: Kristina AKA: spy41
Genre: Romance
Timeline: Ressurection
Disclaimer: I don't own Alias, if i did S/V would be married already.
Summary: Can Sydney get him out of Palmero before it's too late?
My other works: "Times Like These", "Broken Promises", "Til The End". Along with many, many more.

How I ever lived and breathed before you loved me, I don’t recall
If I walked around at all, it was in bits and pieces
Of a jagged heart
You kissed me and every piece went back in place, every pain got erased
You held me up to the light

No one ever left me out in the rain
Cold words still remain unspoken
And I never got lost, spent years in the dark
You’re here, now my heart’s unbroken
When I see your smile fill my soul again
I’m unbroken

If I doubted the power of love, baby now I understand
I thank God for every day I wake up to the soft touch
Of your magic hands
In this world sometimes the only thing that’s real is the way you make me feel
Babe, the changes day and night
I swear it’s life

I’m unbroken

I stand here, in his arms, in the warm embrace that sought me through one year of complete and utter hell, yet this same embrace has caused me more pain in the last six months than i've ever felt in my thirty years of living. The one person that i thought would never betray me has, the one person that i thought would never hurt me did, and the one person that i thought would always be by my side wasn't, through the most trying time of my life. For the last six months i've been barley scrapping by every single day, my sleep is often interupted with morbid dreams from my past. Ones that even drugs can't get rid of, i see the faces of the countless lives i had taken when i shed the skin of Sydney Bristow and became Julia Thorne, i hear their screams and i feel their blood on my hands, running across my fingertips like silk, that's when i wake up out of breath and reaching for Vaughn, but a few seconds of reality makes me realize that he's not there, he hasn't been there for two and half years, yet for me it only feels like six months. I've finally gotten over the fact that i probably will never find out everything about my two missing years. But something tells me that even if i could remember i probably wouldn't want too. Because whatever caused me to erase my own memory must have been much worse than anything i've ever lived to experiance. Yet right now, at the most inappropriate time, my problems have just seemed to fade away, just like they used too. I feel like it's the SD-6 raid all over again, the night when i made out with him in the middle of the rubble. Because now here we stand, in Palmero in the middle of a dig site, with his dead wife at the bottom of a mine shaft, kissing. But we're now different people. Our kiss isn't as urgent as it was two years ago. Yes, the passion is still there but we're both more aware of time, neither of us are in a hurry anymore, not after everything. The gun he used to kill his horrid wife is now in the dirt at our feet, one hand is pressed firmly on the small of my back and the other is on he back of my neck as he kisses me. It's as if the world has stopped turning, because as hard as i may try i can't seem to think about anything but what it feels like to kiss him again. I feel him wince under my lips and i slowly open my eyes to see a flash of pain cross his face, but he's too engrossed with the situation to even care. I slowly pull away from him and push my hands against his chest, making sure he knows that i'm pulling back. I look up at him and see questioning in his eyes. I feel around his back and my fingers come to rest on a small moist spot on his jacket. Pulling my hand away i hold my fingers up to the light and see the crimson red that covers them. I look back up at him and i see the tiredness in his own eyes.
"How did you get here?" I ask him.
"There's a truck.....up the mountian." He says a bit out of breath. I nod and lead him over to a fallen tree trunk. I help him sit and then kneel in front of him.
"Just breath, no deep breaths." I say, i pray that he'll make it the 2 miles back to the truck without his lung collapsing once again, help is too far and i'd never get him to a hospital in time, which scares me. The only other time i've seen him so exhausted was after he was tortured by Sark and Lauren and the time Sark had shot him in the stairwell while we were pursuing my mother. I've never seen him so in pain, so weak, as now. I take out my sat phone and pull up the anntena, pushing a few buttons i call for a plane to pick us up at the nearest airport which is thirty miles east of our present location. After i'm informed that i have four hours to get to the plane my brain finally kicks in, and i realize that we'd have to leave soon in order to make it. Putting the phone back in my pocket i walk back over to Vaughn, he's no hunched over on downed branch running vertical to the log he was sitting on already. His breathing has slowed and he seems more aware of his surroundings. I take a seat next to him and lean back to get a look at his wound. The spot of blood has grown slightly larger, and i silently curse myself for not having anything to temporarily fix him up with. With no time to waste i stand up.
"Vaughn, we have to get out of here, i need to get you to the plane so i can take care of the bleeding." I say. He doesn't even acknowledge my statement, instead he moans in pain.
"Syd...." He says. It breaks my heart to see him to vulnerable to the point where i can't help him, i hate it. Taking his hand i lean down and throw his right arm around my neck, i hold onto his hand and put my other arm around his back and pull him up.
"Come on." I say as i get him to his feet. Once he's up he pulls his arm from around my shoulder and stands on his own two feet by himself.
"Are you okay?" I ask putting a hand to his cheek and turning his face so his eyes meet mine. He slowly nods. I can tell he's in more pain than i know, he just isn't showing it. I lean forward and kiss him softly, trying to make him think about anything but the pain, i pull away slowly and take his hand.
"Let's go home." I say, and before i even know it we're already half-way up the mountian. I'm left with a decision. We either climb back up the side of the mountian, which would be faster, but also more streesful on his lungs, or we make our way up the steep part of the mountain, which will be less painful but take longer. I turn around and see him leaning forward, his hands on his knees, as he tries to catch his breath. I walk next to him and rub my hands across his back, trying anything to help him calm down even in the slightest bit.
"Syd....I...can't....." I stop him before he finsihes.
"I know, i know you can't go much further, i know." I say. I look at the path to the right then the wall of rocks to our left, trying to decide what to do. I'm too scared to let him climb, he's too tired and as much as i believe in him there's no way he'll make it too the top without falling. As much as i hate to make him walk more i know we have too.
"We have one more mile, just one, we'll make it." I say. He shakes his head.
"Syd....I....can't....breath." He says.
"I know but...."
"No, Syd...i can't....my lung....i can't breath again." He says. My heart jumps as i realize that it may have collapsed again.
"Do you have a sharp pain?" I ask. Her nods his head. I sigh.
"Does it feel like it's collapsed?" I ask. He shrugs.
"I....don't know....how to....tell." He says. I swallow hard and help him stand back up.
"Put your hands on your head and close your eyes." I tell him. He does just that.
"Just think of something that relaxes you." I say. His breathing starts to slow as i watch his eyelids flicker as if he's watching a movie inside of his mind. I put my arm around his waist and start to walk forward with him by my side.
"Keep thinking about whatever you're thinking about, don't think about anything else." I say as i start to lead him up the mountain. He looses his footing and almost falls but i catch his hand in time to keep him up. He coughs as he tries to catch his breath after the sudden surpirse of almost falling. I get even more worried as i see a small amount of blood in his siliva as he coughs.
"Shi*." I say quietly. He finally stops coughing and looks at me.
"I'm fine, keep going." He says as he pushes lightly on my back. I start to climb again and finally about 15 minutes later i see the guard rail about fifty yards ahead of us. I pray that his directions were right, and that we end up back at the truck he had came in. I grab his hand once again and led him the rest of the way up the hill. I climb over the guard rail and then reach back over and help him step onto the gravel.
"Keys." I say to him. He reaches into his inside pocket and pulls out a single car key, i take it from him and open up the passenger door. I help him in and he lays his head on the head rest, gasping for air. I run around the other side of the dodge pick-up and get in. I start up the car and turn on the headlights.
"It's okay, the hard parts over." I tell him as i pull away from the guard rail and onto the abandoned road. His hands are cleanched tightly around the pants material on his knee. I take my right hand off the sterring wheel and grab his left, squezzing it slightly i try to comfort him as much as the situation will allow. About thirty minutes into the ride his breathing steadies out and i'm not sure if he's sleeping until his head slowly falls agaisnt the window, his posture is relaxed and the grip he had on my hand isn't as tight. I drive as fast as i can without making the ride bumpy for him, not wanting to cause him more pain. When they arrived at the airport he was still sleeping soundly. His hand still in mine, and his free arm wrapped around his stomach. I parked the truck and turned it off, turning to him, i squezze his hand lightly.
"Vaughn?" I say quietly. His eyes flickered a bit as if he was trying to wake up.
"Michael?" I say a bit louder. His eyes open slowly and he looks over at me with tired eyes.
"We're here." I say. He nods and lets go of my hand as he takes his seatbelt off. I hop out of the truck and run to his side, i help him out and walk up to the steps of the plane as the pilot comes out and helps me carry a still very exhausted Vaughn onto the plane. For once the CIA has given us a decent plane with an actual bedroom in the back cabin, but then again my father probably chartered the plane himself, knowing full well Vaughn's delicate condition. I help him sit down on the bed and then i crawl behind him. I slowly and carefully get his coat off of him and throw it on the floor next to the bed. I see his white t-shrit is now stained with dry blood and is stuck to his skin.
"We're just going to make this easy." I say, i get up and walk to the first aid kit the have on board and bring it to the bed, i sit back down behind him and open the white case next to me. Taking out sicorrs i start to cut the back of his shirt from the bottom up, finally getting to the neck line i make the final cut and set the sicorrs back in the case. I slid my hand underneath the material, my hands resting on his bare back, i feel him shiver slightly and i realize how cold my hands are.
"Sorry." I say. I slid his shirt off of him and he manages to get it off, dropping it on the floor. I wet a rag with alcohol and put a hand on his shoulder.
"This might sting." I say. He takes a fist full of the comforter in each hand and nods. I start to dab around his wound and he doesn't flinch. But when i touch the entry wound the knife made he jumps. I keep on cleaning his wound and when it's as good as i can get it i cover it with a bandage. I put everything in the box and set it on the floor. He sits on the edge of the bed, still, and i'm not sure if he's still hurting. I softly place me hands on his shoulders and start to squeeze.
"Are you okay?" I ask in his ear as i massage his tense shoulders. He nods slightly and closes his eyes.
"I'm just so tired." He says softly. I stop and retract my hands. I crawl further up the bed so i'm laying against the pillows.
"Come here." I say as i hold my hand out to him. He takes it and slowly makes his way over to me and lowers himself into the matress. He comes to rest on his side and i move closer to him, adjusting my position so that his head is near my chest. I see his eyes start to get heavy and i move even closer to him, his head now snuggled between my chest and neck. I put my arms around him and i thank god that he made it this far, after all the physical torture he's been through latley he's made it.
"Syd?" He asks softly.
"Hmmm." I moan in response.
"When we get back, i still want to take you out to get that cup of coffee i owe you." He says. A small genuine smile plays on my face.
"Vaughn, when we get back you're going straight back to the hospital." I say. He smiles.
"Well, then hospital coffee will have to do til i can take you out properly." He says jokingly.
"That sounds good to me." I say. We're both silent for a short moment.
"Michael, just so....we get things straight about what happened back there..." I say. He looks up at me.
"I shot Lauren, okay? If anyone finds out that it was you who shot her, Vaughn, they'll throw you in jail." I say as i run a hand through his hair. He got a confused look on his face suddenly.
"They'll do the same to you." He says. I shake my head..
"I'll just say it was self-defense." I tell him.
"Well, it was, i shot her because she was about to shoot you, they can't touch me for that." He says. I sigh, knowing full well he won't let me take the blame on this one.
"I'm not going to win, am i?" I ask smiling. He smiles.
"No, not this time you're not." He says.
"Didn't think so." I say. I lean forward and kiss his forehead softly.
"I've missed you." I say into his hair. His arms wrap around my waist.
"I'm sorry, you don't ever have to worry about me leaving your side again." He says. His words heal my broken heart and i suddenly forgive him for everything he's done to me in the past six months.
"You're forgiven." I say. I think he's surpised, because he pulls away and looks at me, he searchs my eyes for a moment before speaking.
"Syd...i don't expect you to forgive me..."
"But i do...i'm not going to lie and say you never hurt me, but i think in order to start moving on, we need to forget about the past." I say.
"But you also have to realize that we aren't the same people we were two years ago, things aren't ever going to be the same." I say. He nods saddly, but then smiles.
"But that doesn't mean i love you any less." He says. His statement brings tears to my eyes and i look away from him. He brushes them away.
"I'm always going to love you, no matter what. It doesn't matter if things aren't like they used to be." He says.
"I know in my heart we belong together, and something this good is never wasted." I swallow and look back into his eyes, he's so serious, and it's if he's not as tired anymore.
"There's not a doubt in my mind, we were born to love eachother." He says. That finally gets me to break down crying, i can't help it, i just cry. Ironically, the situation went from me comforting him from his pain, now he's the one holding me to his chest as i finally let everything out, for the first time since i've gotten back, i'm happy.
"How do you think of all these things to say?" I ask him as i play with the thin hairs on his chest.
"I often wondered that along time ago, then i realized that everything i say to you comes from in here." He says as he takes my hand and places it over his heart.
"This...." He takes my hand and kisses my palm, then places it back on his chest over his heart.
"This has always been yours.....It just took losing you to realize that." He says. He places a soft kiss on my forehead and then pulls away, he looks me straight in the eye and utters the words i've been waiting three years to hear.
"I love you." He says in the sweetest voice i've ever heard him speak in. I can't help but fall in love with him all over again.
"I love you too." I say. He smiles genuinely.
"I think those words were long over due for the both of us." He says. I nod.
"You're right, they are, but it sure does feel good to say it." I say snuggling into his chest even more, i kiss the spot over his heart lightly and relax into his warm embrace.
"Well get used to it, because you're going to hear it forever and for always." He says. I smile and giggle into his chest. I was finally unbroken, i'm mended, i'm whole again, because the one person that matters the world to me loves me.
"You promise?" I ask him. He laughs slightly.
"Forever and for always."

I still see the night, I fell into your eyes
And when we made love it felt like the first time

I’m unbroken

I’m unbroken
I’m unbroken, oh yeah
I’m unbroken

NO WAY CAN THAT ONLY B A 1 PARTER!!! Thats not right! Lol. That was soooooooooooooooooo amazingly incredibly fantabulous. Lol. AKA it was really really really good! :D It's perfect! I really hope something that fluffy happens in 4x1!!!!! Like Sydney said, if u do post more to this, can i PLEEEASE get a Pm??

Aly xx

You guys kill me, seriously. I'll think about adding a few more chaps, but i don't know how far beyond that. lol :D :P ;)

spy41 said:
You guys kill me, seriously.  I'll think about adding a few more chaps, but i don't know how far beyond that. lol :D  :P  ;)
[post="962755"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YES! Legend!!! Lol. Seriously, that chapter was soooooooooooooooo amazing, it'd b wrong not to continue it! hehehe

Aly xx

Well actually i do a bunch of one parters, i just take some scenes from Alias and extened them. I did it with the scene from Double Agent, where Syd/Vaughn are together, i did it with this one. Heck, someone give me a scene that you want to see extended and i'll do it! No joke either.

spy41 said:
Well actually i do a bunch of one parters, i just take some scenes from Alias and extened them.  I did it with the scene from Double Agent, where Syd/Vaughn are together, i did it with this one.  Heck, someone give me a scene that you want to see extended and i'll do it! No joke either.
[post="962763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah i do extended scenes too :D i love writting them (making them fluffier.) lol. I did one from 2x15 'the morning after', and i just posted one from 2x14 when Vaughn goes to Syd's apartment to pick her up. And iv'e also done one from 'truth takes time'. I havent posted ne of them except the 2x14 one though :smiley: Lol, so yeah, if ur up to it n have any good ideas, i kno id love to read wat happens next in this one ;)

Aly xx

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
you need to send me all of your stories.  i've read this one, BP and TLT
[post="962774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My other ones are a bit different. My writing style has changed alot in the past year. I'll make a list of them and PM them to you tomorrow.

Back