Anti-Syd

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
I am a member of this thread at SD-1 and figured it was about time there was a thread here at AA.

"We reserve the right to discuss why we don't like the character of Sydney Bristow and we are in no way attacking anybody who does like her." ~ SD-1.net

Anti-Syd
1. Leslie
2. cute_as_candy
3. avaughnkindofguy
4. jewel
5. Osiris
6. BenlovesNattieBean
7. Scorpio
8. sd6452
9. Sakhmet
10. Bubbles
11. Moonlite Star
12. rileylovesalias

Non Anti-Syd Anti-Syd (people who both love and hate her)
1. Lemon-Krumpitz
2. acting_chica

If anyone wants to join, just ask!

Also, let's keep in mind that this thread is for people who don't like Syd - if you love Syd, think she is a goddess, can kick anyone's butt in a fight, this probably isn't the thread for you. There is a thread for people who love Syd which would be more suitable for you. ^_^ Thanks!

lol hmm.... lack of Syd-dislikers here... maybe I should stick to SD-1 for my necessary griping... :lol:

i know i'm in the wrong thread because i love syd and would never dislike her in anyway LOL. but i'm curious why people hate her if they do?

For me it's the fact that she's completely changed from S1. She's weepy and wimpy at all the wrong times, and strong and obtuse at all the wrong times. She clings to a man who has wronged her, and made puppy dog eyes and pouted about it for an entire season. She has lost her sense of direction, her reason for being an agent, plus most of her agent skills. She used to be indestructible, and now she only is when the writers want her to be. Otherwise, she needs to be saved by someone else. Oh yeah, and she's disrespectful to the very people who are omniscient in this whole thing (Sloane, Jack, and Irina), while she putters around totally in the dark. She's gullible/easily manipulated, whereas before she would question everything. And for some reason, all she ever uses anymore in terms of skills is her sex appeal... :blink:

There's my version. ^_^

you know you're right. now that i really think about it she's really not that strong anymore. i miss the old indestructable syd very much :( but she has also gone through a lot. i think she became more bruised and broken each season, and it's hard to stay strong. but even though she's lacking a lot (especially this season in my opinion), i still love her :D. i think we can relate to her... if we were all spies with spy friends and parents and evil moms and dads who kill our moms, and if our boss was a crazy person obsessed with rambaldi :P but in a way, we can relate to her. sometimes it's nice to have a positive, strong, female role model. and sometimes it's kind of just nice to have someone we can relate our problems with.

haha okay now i'm rambling... lol. but anyway, i get what you're saying :D but i'm totally pro-syd muahahhaa

I understand what you are saying because yea she has been different. It seems that Nadia saves her a lot and that she cries a lot more about things but at the same time you have to put her life in a little bit of perspective here....

I mean yea I totally agree that she isn't as strong as she used to be but lets take 2 years out of all of our lives, a time in which our soulmate got married to someone else and lets see how all of us feel. Let's see how all of us feel after having our eggs taken out to produce a child with a 500 year old phrophet, or how we feel after we know that our own mothers put a hit out on us (or thought she did) and have our fathers kill her. I mean she has gone through a hell of a lot since Season 1 and we can't expect her to be perfect.

So I know what you mean but at the same time think about all she has been through....

Leslie said:
For me it's the fact that she's completely changed from S1. She's weepy and wimpy at all the wrong times, and strong and obtuse at all the wrong times. She clings to a man who has wronged her, and made puppy dog eyes and pouted about it for an entire season. She has lost her sense of direction, her reason for being an agent, plus most of her agent skills. She used to be indestructible, and now she only is when the writers want her to be. Otherwise, she needs to be saved by someone else. Oh yeah, and she's disrespectful to the very people who are omniscient in this whole thing (Sloane, Jack, and Irina), while she putters around totally in the dark. She's gullible/easily manipulated, whereas before she would question everything. And for some reason, all she ever uses anymore in terms of skills is her sex appeal... :blink:

There's my version. ^_^
[post="1325975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yaknow, I've noticed this as well. Even in season 3 she was still strong and totally kick-butt. As of season 4, they changed a LOT of the characters around... Season 4 really just seemed without point and frankly, poorly written by all. They really destroyed Syd's character. I think it's very salvagable, but who knows if they'll try. I think they need to bring sark back first off and then have them meet face to face. she was always really pissed off when sark was involved... :P

oh god, please, sign me up.

i mean at first glance, season 4 is pretty cool. but then (this is something that really bugs me...) she's all like "i think we should take it slow" with Vaughn and then at the first opportunity they go back to exactly where they were... its ridiculous.
And i'm sorry but she always used to be able to stop herself being caught... i'm sorry but how many times has she been tortured in some form in season 4?
Bring back S1 Sydney!!

<_<

cute_as_candy said:
And i'm sorry but she always used to be able to stop herself being caught... i'm sorry but how many times has she been tortured in some form in season 4?
Bring back S1 Sydney!!

<_<
[post="1390175"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah i have to admit, shes not very spy like in season 4, she always got caught lol but still, i love Syd, i can never dislike her in any way :P

Absolutely couldn't agree more. Except I thought she lost it ALL in Season 3. -_-

ETA: Well, I agree with Steph and Ryan, at least. ;)

Add me to the list, I used to love the Sydney character and I try to when it peeks out a bit, but man most of the time I just want to throw things at the TV when she comes on. Sydney is either whining, crying, being a complete Know it all B****" or playing "Hot and Cold" with Vaughn.

jewel said:
Add me to the list, I used to love the Sydney character and I try to when it peeks out a bit, but man most of the time I just want to throw things at the TV when she comes on.  Sydney is either whining, crying, being a complete Know it all B****" or playing "Hot and Cold" with Vaughn.
[post="1397111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
haha, you just stole what i was going to say :P. i loved her in s1, except that i wanted to punch her for not liking Vaughn, but now, i'm like "freakin' grow up already!"

so can i join?

woaw i'm #2. i feel special. :D

there was something else i noticed that really annoyed me. hm.
OH YES.
why doesn't she keep her phone like almost totally charged all the time? you never know when you're gonna get buried... if she'd been prepared to be in danger (which y'know, she's a spy so she should be...) then you'd think she could have had her phone a little more charged. OR have a phone that has a long standby time. GAH.

Osiris said:
haha, you just stole what i was going to say :P.  i loved her in s1, except that i wanted to punch her for not liking Vaughn, but now, i'm like "freakin' grow up already!"

so can i join?
[post="1399277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You betcha. :D Added!

Back