Beginnings of The Truth

liliana

Cadet
Authors' Notes: Set six months after the end of Resurrection Sydney came back from running away from Jack. She headed for the CIA to find out that Marshall's okay but Lauren might not be dead. She also learns that an old friend Megan Barker is the new NSA liaison. She sets out to find out more about S.A.B Project 47 with the help of Vaughn and Weiss. Jack meanwhile has teamed up with Irina, Katya and a very not dead Lauren Reed. Sark is still in prison awaiting execution. And Nadia and Sloane are on the run.
Summary: The CIA sends Sydney and Vaughn to Russia to track down Jack and Katya and send Weiss and Megan to Italy to track down Irina and Lauren. What all four find is disturbing the project that they are investigating doesn't only have to do with Sydney but three other people Nadia Santos, Lauren Reed and Megan Barker all Project Christmas candidates but were hidden away. What dark secrets are going to be revealed? We'll see.
Couples: S/V
Category: Romance/Drama/Action/Adventure
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: None of the shows characters belong to me they belong to JJ, ABC, Disney, Touchstone, Bad Robot and all those other people. Megan Barker, Sasha Barker and whoever else doesn't belong to the show belongs to me.

Beginnings of The Truth
By: Lili

Teaser

You see Sydney in her apartment it had been six months since she learnt her father had been betraying her ever since she was born. Seems as though apart from Vaughn and Weiss and a few people at work she has no one. She hasn't seen her father since the night that she found those documents she wrapped herself in a blanket. Vaughn was away on a mission with Weiss as stupid as it sounds she hadn't been alone one night since she returned.

You hear a key in the lock and you see Vaughn come into the living room he smiles when he sees her. She smiles back and he comes over and sits down beside her. She looks at him "why am I so surprised by another betrayal that’s all Jack Bristow has seemed to do my whole life lie I mean can't he tell the truth for once," she says. Vaughn wraps his arm around her shoulders. She leans her head on his shoulder. "Why do I do this to myself."

Vaughn puts his finger under her chin "none of this is your fault don't you dare ever think that I think your dad truly loves you I mean it could have something to do with your mom," he says. She looks at him with raised eyebrows "okay you know maybe not but you never know."

Sydney shrugs her shoulders "or he could just be a lying cheating twit who has never loved in his lifetime," she says. Vaughn raises his eyebrows and she looks at him defiantly. And he smiles and leans down and kisses her she rolls her eyes "you just want me to stop ranting don't you?"

He nods his head "yes please I'd rather like to kiss you actually," he says. She wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him passionately and he pulls away and leans his forehead against her "everything will be all right I promise I won't let anything happen to you ever again." She nods her head and watches him. “What?”

She shakes her head “nothing,” she replies. He looks at her sceptically and she smiles and leans her head against his shoulder and he strokes the side of her face. “I’ve just been thinking how much the last six months have changed all of us. How this last year has I mean its almost 2006 and I can’t even remember the better part of 2003 and 2004.”

Vaughn nods his head and shakes his head “well you can blame your father for that,” he says. She nods her head and a tear rolls down her face. He tilts her face up to look him in the eyes and she gives him a little smile. “None of this is your fault I could strangle him for taking you away from me.”

Sydney nods her head “don’t worry I have the exact some feeling towards him,” she says. He nods his head and she snuggles more into his arms and he kisses the top of her head. “I never have to worry when I’m with you I love you Michael.”

He smiles “I love you too Syd now this Michael thing has become more frequent over the last few months between you and me,” he says. She blushes and looks down at her hands and he just give a little smile “I like it, it sounds nice to hear someone say my first name.”

She looks back up and sees the anger in his face “don’t think about her she’s not worth it,” Sydney says. He nods his head but the anger still lingers she watches him and she looks pointedly at him. He glares. She gets up. “What do you want for dinner?”

He watches her go towards the kitchen “I can’t I promised my mother I’d have dinner with her tonight she’s in town for the next two weeks,” he says. She pokes her head out of the kitchen looking at him startled “yes and she wants to meet you.”

She looks at him and glares “not tonight though right?” she asks. He slightly nods his head and she glares “no Michael I cannot meet your mother tonight I look a mess.”

He glares at her “Syd you look perfect now go get changed into something nice while I go next door and get changed I promise everything will be all right,” he says. She looks at him sceptically and he walks towards her and touches her nose. “She’ll love you hey she never liked any of my other girlfriends or Lauren.”

Sydney instantly gets a smile on her face and he just shakes his head “hmm you mean her and I get to trade stories on how much we hate that women good she and I will then get along very well,” she says. She smiles and moves off towards her bedroom “so where are we meeting her?”

Vaughn smiles and shakes his head “that tiny little French restaurant that just opened,” he says. She nods her head “I’ll give you half an hour to get ready. I’ll see you then Syd.”

She comes walking out with her hands on her hips “half an hour how do you expect me to go from this to stunningly beautiful in a half an hour?” she asks. She raises her eyebrows and he shrugs his shoulders. She stalks back into her room and closes the door.

TBC…

tonight

Authors' Notes: Set six months after the end of Resurrection Sydney came back from running away from Jack. She headed for the CIA to find out that Marshall's okay but Lauren might not be dead. She also learns that an old friend Megan Barker is the new NSA liaison. She sets out to find out more about S.A.B Project 47 with the help of Vaughn and Weiss. Jack meanwhile has teamed up with Irina, Katya and a very not dead Lauren Reed. Sark is still in prison awaiting execution. And Nadia and Sloane are on the run.
Summary: The CIA sends Sydney and Vaughn to Russia to track down Jack and Katya and send Weiss and Megan to Italy to track down Irina and Lauren. What all four find is disturbing the project that they are investigating doesn't only have to do with Sydney but three other people Nadia Santos, Lauren Reed and Megan Barker all Project Christmas candidates but were hidden away. What dark secrets are going to be revealed? We'll see.
Couples: S/V
Category: Romance/Drama/Action/Adventure
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: None of the shows characters belong to me they belong to JJ, ABC, Disney, Touchstone, Bad Robot and all those other people. Megan Barker, Sasha Barker and whoever else doesn't belong to the show belongs to me.

Beginnings of The Truth
By: Lili

Chapter 1

You see Sydney in her apartment it had been six months since she learnt her father had been betraying her ever since she was born. Seems as though apart from Vaughn and Weiss and a few people at work she has no one. She hasn't seen her father since the night that she found those documents she wrapped herself in a blanket. Vaughn was away on a mission with Weiss as stupid as it sounds she hadn't been alone one night since she returned.

You hear a key in the lock and you see Vaughn come into the living room he smiles when he sees her. She smiles back and he comes over and sits down beside her. She looks at him "why am I so surprised by another betrayal that’s all Jack Bristow has seemed to do my whole life lie I mean can't he tell the truth for once," she says. Vaughn wraps his arm around her shoulders. She leans her head on his shoulder. "Why do I do this to myself."

Vaughn puts his finger under her chin "none of this is your fault don't you dare ever think that I think your dad truly loves you I mean it could have something to do with your mom," he says. She looks at him with raised eyebrows "okay you know maybe not but you never know."

Sydney shrugs her shoulders "or he could just be a lying cheating twit who has never loved in his lifetime," she says. Vaughn raises his eyebrows and she looks at him defiantly. And he smiles and leans down and kisses her she rolls her eyes "you just want me to stop ranting don't you?"

He nods his head "yes please I'd rather like to kiss you actually," he says. She wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him passionately and he pulls away and leans his forehead against her "everything will be all right I promise I won't let anything happen to you ever again." She nods her head and watches him. “What?”

She shakes her head “nothing,” she replies. He looks at her sceptically and she smiles and leans her head against his shoulder and he strokes the side of her face. “I’ve just been thinking how much the last six months have changed all of us. How this last year has I mean its almost 2006 and I can’t even remember the better part of 2003 and 2004.”

Vaughn nods his head and shakes his head “well you can blame your father for that,” he says. She nods her head and a tear rolls down her face. He tilts her face up to look him in the eyes and she gives him a little smile. “None of this is your fault I could strangle him for taking you away from me.”

Sydney nods her head “don’t worry I have the exact some feeling towards him,” she says. He nods his head and she snuggles more into his arms and he kisses the top of her head. “I never have to worry when I’m with you I love you Michael.”

He smiles “I love you too Syd now this Michael thing has become more frequent over the last few months between you and me,” he says. She blushes and looks down at her hands and he just give a little smile “I like it, it sounds nice to hear someone say my first name.”

She looks back up and sees the anger in his face “don’t think about her she’s not worth it,” Sydney says. He nods his head but the anger still lingers she watches him and she looks pointedly at him. He glares. She gets up. “What do you want for dinner?”

He watches her go towards the kitchen “I can’t I promised my mother I’d have dinner with her tonight she’s in town for the next two weeks,” he says. She pokes her head out of the kitchen looking at him startled “yes and she wants to meet you.”

She looks at him and glares “not tonight though right?” she asks. He slightly nods his head and she glares “no Michael I cannot meet your mother tonight I look a mess.”

He glares at her “Syd you look perfect now go get changed into something nice while I go next door and get changed I promise everything will be all right,” he says. She looks at him sceptically and he walks towards her and touches her nose. “She’ll love you hey she never liked any of my other girlfriends or Lauren.”

Sydney instantly gets a smile on her face and he just shakes his head “hmm you mean her and I get to trade stories on how much we hate that women good she and I will then get along very well,” she says. She smiles and moves off towards her bedroom “so where are we meeting her?”

Vaughn smiles and shakes his head “that tiny little French restaurant that just opened,” he says. She nods her head “I’ll give you half an hour to get ready. I’ll see you then Syd.”

She comes walking out with her hands on her hips “half an hour how do you expect me to go from this to stunningly beautiful in a half an hour?” she asks. She raises her eyebrows and he shrugs his shoulders. She stalks back into her room and closes the door.

Vaughn shakes his head and leaves the apartment.

Sydney comes out dressed Vaughn is already sitting on the couch waiting for her “wow you look amazing,” he says. She smiles “really stunning do we have to go?”

She smiles “yes we really have to go,” she says. She grabs his hand and moves towards the door where she grabs her keys and her jacket. She smiles at him and they go to his car and they get in. He drives them to the french restaurant. She walks up to the maitre’d and the man smiles. “We have a reservation under Vaughn.”

The woman nods and checks the register “ah yes the other member of your party is already here,” she says. She takes some menus “please follow me.” They both do and you see a woman sitting at a table she has blonde hair she looks up when they are standing in front of her.

She smiles “Michael,” she says. She stands up and hugs him “I am so glad you could make it.” She smiles when she sees Sydney standing beside him “and you must be Sydney Bristow the woman I’ve heard so much about I’m Amelie Vaughn.”

Sydney smiles and shakes her head but is unexpectedly pulled into a hug and she smiles and hugs the woman back. “It’s nice to meet you too Mrs. Vaughn,” she says.

The woman looks at her sternly “none of this Mrs. Vaughn please call me Amelie come on lets sit down,” she says. They do and Vaughn gives Sydney a smile and Sydney smiles back. “So Sydney do you work with Michael?”

Sydney nods her head “yes I do Amelie,” she says. She smiles at the older woman and Amelie nods and looks between the two of them. Sydney gulps “so Amelie what do you do?”

The woman smiles at her “I’m a florist in Washington I was a secretary to William Michael’s father for a time before I realised I wanted to work with flowers and I wanted to stay at home with my son,” she says. Sydney nods and smiles Amelie looks her in the eyes and leans across the table. “I know about your mother Sydney Michael told me.”

Sydney looks at her shocked and the other woman gives a slight smile “not exactly what I expected from our first meeting I can tell you,” Sydney says. Amelie nods and reaches for one of Sydney’s. “I’m sorry for what my mother did it to your family but I promise you I am nothing like her but in looks.”

Amelie nods her head “it’s all right my son has a good heart and I trust he always chooses the right women except for a few mistakes such as Lauren Reed,” she says looking at her son meaningfully. Sydney smiles “I’m guessing you knew her when I heard about her betrayal I just knew it.”

Sydney nods her head “she had everyone fooled not only Michael,” she says. She smiles at Vaughn who smiles back and takes her other hand in his. “I know what it’s like to be fooled by someone you think you love.”

Amelie nods and squeezes Sydney’s hand “is your father all right Michael said he had been in an accident and he was in hospital recuperating?” she asks.

Sydney looks at Vaughn then back at Amelie “yeah he’s fine as far as I know since the accident he hasn’t wanted anything to do with me,” she says. Amelie nods and smiles “come on lets decide what we’re going to have dinner and we can talk some more.”

Amelie nods and starts looking through the menu Vaughn leans over and kisses Sydney on the cheek “sorry she wanted your dad to come along so I had to come up with something,” he says.

She nods her head “it’s all right,” she says. She kisses him on the cheek “thank you for everything that you’ve done for me the last six months it’s really helped.”

Vaughn nods his head and smiles “it’s all right you never have to thank me for loving you it comes almost as naturally as breathing,” he says. She smiles and then goes back to the menu in front of her. “Did you see that new girl at the CIA building today?”

Sydney looks at him “yeah I did her name is Megan Barker she’s an old friend of mine,” she says. He looks at her in surprise and she smiles “yeah we go back to high school.”

He nods his head and smiles and goes back to the menu and looks at it “I think I’ll have the spare ribs well done,” he says. Amelie looks at him with a strange look on her face and he just smiles and she just shakes her head. “So what is Megan like?”

Sydney smiles “I’ll have the chicken parmesan,” she says. She sits backs in her chair and looks at him “she’s a great person always ready to go out and do something she was a real prankster along beside me.” Vaughn raises his eyebrows “yeah I know hard to believe isn’t it me a prankster yeah right but I did get up to mischief.”

He nods his head “sure whatever you say Syd I’m sure I probably got up to worse things than you isn’t that right mom,” he says. Amelie nods her head and she just shakes her head and takes a purse out. “Oh no mom no pictures.”

Amelie smiles “yes pictures Sydney has to know what you were like its only fair,” she says. Sydney looks at the first picture which is a picture of a naked 3 year old Michael sitting on the ground “oh that is cruel mom I don’t think Sydney needs to see these.” He tries to take them away.

Sydney slaps his hands away “no way I want to look at them,” she says. She keeps looking through them and smiles whenever she sees him in a hockey uniform “he was really into hockey even when he was a kid it looks like.”

Amelie laughs “all his fathers doing I would rather have brought my son up as a well-mannered mature scholar but yet I got a well-mannered mature hockey player,” she says. Sydney smiles and looks at Vaughn who is blushing. “Oh don’t worry sweetie the embarrassing stories will come later.”

Vaughn shakes his head “getting you two together was a really bad idea,” he says. He shakes his head and takes all the pictures and gives them back to his mother but Sydney keeps a hold of one. “Okay Syd which one is that?”

She shows him and you see him he looks about 17 he’s in his hockey uniform on the ice. “I like this one you look so carefree,” she says.

Amelie smiles “he does you can keep it I have another copy at home,” she says. Sydney smiles and puts it away in her bag “so tell me how did you two meet?”

After dinner you see Sydney and Vaughn standing by their car after having said goodbye to Amelie. “I love your mother she is so full of embarrassing stories about you I love it,” Sydney says. She smiles at Vaughn who looks perplexed. “Aw honey don’t worry I won’t ever use them against you.”

He nods his head but looks at her suspiciously “if you ever tell Eric any of those stories that my mother told you I’ll never hear the end of it,” he says. She nods and smiles and gets in the car he gets in the other side. “Come on Syd you wouldn’t.”

She smiles and shakes her head “no I wouldn’t don’t worry now come on lets get home we have an early morning tomorrow,” she says.

He nods and leaves.

TBC…

L3344.jpg

:jump: I'm first! :jump:
YaY! :clap: finally the whole chapter! :D I luv Amelie :love: and the chappy (y) I can't wait for the next one :D
thanx for the PM :flowers:

kim :kicking:

Back