At The Beginning

here's a tiny bit for you guys!

Chapter 3

Vaughn came home from work at six that evening and found Sydney cooking.

“Why is the table set for three people?” he asked.

“I took the liberty of inviting my dad for dinner tonight. I figured we should tell him he’s going to be a grandfather before someone else does.”

“Nobody else knows.”

“Yeah. But they will soon. And I wouldn’t want the news to get around to him before we do.”

“Good idea. Any other plans I don’t know about?”

“Yeah. We’re going to the hospital to visit Will after dinner.”

“Great. I’m glad I knew.”

“I’m sorry sweetheart but you were gone all day.” Just then there was a knock at the door and Sydney went to answer it. “Hey dad.”

“Hi sweetie. How are you feeling?”

“Good. Come on in, we’re ready to eat.”

Jack walked and Sydney led him to the dining room area where he greeted Vaughn. Sydney brought the food from the kitchen and they all began to eat quietly. Toward the end of dinner, Sydney couldn’t stand the silence any longer.

“Dad, there’s something you should know.”

“What is it Sydney?”

Sydney looked at Vaughn and he took her hand. “We’re pregnant.”

Jack stared at them for a moment as if he didn’t know what to think. “Well then. Congratulations. You two will make fine parents. I hope you’ve thought everything through. It is going to be kind of awkward having a child in this life- what with your jobs and living separately and all. Personally I don’t know what you were thinking.” Jack’s voice got louder and louder as he spoke. When he finished he stood up and pushed his chair in. “Thank you for dinner,” he added and walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

Later at the hospital

Sydney and Vaughn walked into Will’s room, hand in hand.

“Sydney?” Will mumbled.

“Will! How are you feeling?”

“Better, now that you’re here.”

Sydney was starting to cry. “I can’t stay long. It’s late and Vaughn and I are leaving in the morning.”

“Okay. What happened to Allison?”

“She’s dead.”

Will nodded. “They said you were comatose.”

“Yeah. I was. Bt I’m okay now. And you’re going to be okay too. You’re recovering really well. You’ll be out of here in no time- excuse me,” Sydney said and ran to the bathroom. Vaughn stayed with Will and they talked for a minute before Sydney returned.

“You okay Syd?” Will asked and Vaughn walked over to her and helped her sit down. They both looked concerned.

“I’m fine, thanks.” She looked at Vaughn for approval before continuing. “Will, I’m pregnant.”

Will looked at Vaughn and then back at Sydney. “That’s great!” He smiled. “Congratulations.”

“We should be going,” Vaughn interrupted. Sydney kissed Will’s forehead. “We’ll be back in a week.”

“Okay have fun.”

“Bye Will.” Sydney said as she was walking out the door.

Vaughn and Sydney went back to his apartment and spent one last magical night in LA before leaving for Santa Barbara. Vaughn woke Sydney up the next morning and they both got ready to go. Soon they were checking in at the hotel and enjoying every minute of there time off from work.

Omg Lauren! Fantastic! All of these updates are making my head spin!

here's a tiny bit for you guys!

Chapter 3

Vaughn came home from work at six that evening and found Sydney cooking.

“Why is the table set for three people?” he asked.

“I took the liberty of inviting my dad for dinner tonight. I figured we should tell him he’s going to be a grandfather before someone else does.”

“Nobody else knows.”

“Yeah. But they will soon. And I wouldn’t want the news to get around to him before we do.”

“Good idea. Any other plans I don’t know about?”

“Yeah. We’re going to the hospital to visit Will after dinner.”

“Great. I’m glad I knew.”

“I’m sorry sweetheart but you were gone all day.” Just then there was a knock at the door and Sydney went to answer it. “Hey dad.”

“Hi sweetie. How are you feeling?”

“Good. Come on in, we’re ready to eat.”

Jack walked and Sydney led him to the dining room area where he greeted Vaughn. Sydney brought the food from the kitchen and they all began to eat quietly. Toward the end of dinner, Sydney couldn’t stand the silence any longer.

“Dad, there’s something you should know.”

“What is it Sydney?”

Sydney looked at Vaughn and he took her hand. “We’re pregnant.”

Jack stared at them for a moment as if he didn’t know what to think. “Well then. Congratulations. You two will make fine parents. I hope you’ve thought everything through. It is going to be kind of awkward having a child in this life- what with your jobs and living separately and all. Personally I don’t know what you were thinking.” Jack’s voice got louder and louder as he spoke. When he finished he stood up and pushed his chair in. “Thank you for dinner,” he added and walked out the door, slamming it behind him. 

OMG Why did you go and make Jack an a**?? Jk, jk, but that was really fantastic, dear.

Rachel

I can understand where Jack was coming from. He knew from experience how wrong the world can make a child. He screwed up in so many ways raising Sydney. I can see why he'd be scared of her being pregnant and having a child with two parents in the spy world.

And I have to admit that Will took the news rather well. I mean, this is a woman he's been pining after for years.

Great update! More soon! :smiley:

'One magical night' Hmm wonder what that means. Anyways, thanxs for the pm! I wish this really happened. Update soon!

~Carter~

Back