Season 4 Bill Vaughn

Ok, so if Michael Vaughn isn't really Michael Vaughn then who is Bill Vaughn? Many questions were raised this year about "Vaughn's" father, if BV was trying to protect Nadia why would he give her to Yelena? Was he working for Yelena? Is he really still alive or even exist? Also, I think many more questions were raised from the finally. Is Bill Vaughn really "Vaughn's" father but also with a pseudonym? In the past Vaughn always seemed to be pretty worked up about his father's death and that Irina killed him, like it was true.

What does everyone else think??

But if he's fabricated why would there be a need for Vaughn to mention his death to Irina in the finale, that must have been written in for a reason right? I know it's vey possible that he never existed but I think that he did and that he is alive and will surface (maybe next season ;) . Also, just a random thought, Irina must have known about Vaughn's secret awhile since she had been kept prisoner for so long.

AgentBlueEyes said:
Hmmm....I don't know.

At the moment I'm thinking that he might be fabricated....
[post="1365317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I believe that Bill Vaughn exist because "Vaughn" had a nightmare about him digging out Bill's star from a wall of fallen CIA agents with a knife. If he weren't the son of Bill then why would he have the nightmare and why would the audience be brought into his mind to view it??

This was a subject that got me thinking. I'm not really sure what 2 think. I think all of this stuff with Bill Vaughn, Vaughn, Nadia, Yelena, Sydney, and Irina is all connnected in some way. I don't know if Bill Vaughn knew that Yelena was really Yelena or if he just thoght he was bringing Nadia 2 some "nice" lady. I believe that Bill Vaughn did exist. If he didn't there sure was a lot of unnecessary talk about him. There si so may unanswered questions it is hard to write them all down. Like Bill Vaughn had 2 b CIA if they have files and records about him. The CIA dosen't just make up files unless thetr tryin 2 cover somethin up.................

Who think this whole "I'm not Micheal Vaughn thing" was plotted since the beginning of teh show or was juts recently thought of an d put into the story. i think tahtw as like a last minute thing that just worked. I don't know oh my gosh this is such a confsing topic lol :thinking: :confused: :blink: :blush: ;)

sugababyboo said:
I believe that Bill Vaughn exist because "Vaughn" had a nightmare about him digging out Bill's star from a wall of fallen CIA agents with a knife.  If he weren't the son of Bill then why would he have the nightmare and why would the audience be brought into his mind to view it??
[post="1372716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's a good point, sug. Not to mention everything we've seen before, the whole watch thing, Irina's comments about him looking just like Bill (although now it seems more sarcastic now)

Maybe he was just trying to find Bill Vaughn because he's the only one who can prove he isn't Michael Vaughn. Or, maybe he's named really named Gaylord Vaughn. ;)

:lol: Oh Tiger! There just seems too much that has been said makes me believe Bill Vaughn exists and that "Vaughn" is his son.

Oh Tiger! There just seems too much that has been said makes me believe Bill Vaughn exists and that "Vaughn" is his son.

Yes, I believe Michael's father did work for the CIA, probably under the name Bill Vaughn. Maybe he worked for DSR first and was sent under the name Bill Vaughn to work for the CIA. I think this would explain how everyone knows him as Bill Vaughn.

Yes and I just can't get past the nightmare Vaughn had?? The writers wouldn't have shown us if it weren't important and Vaughn wouldn't have dreamnt it if Bill was not his father.

I am a firm believer That Bill Vaughn is real, and is "Vaughn’s" father. I think there is to much played into him from the very beginning to just be a figment of Vaughn’s imagination or lies. I mean so many people have said that Vaughn looks like his dad, before and during season 4. In season three, Jack introduces Vaughn to (can't remember his name) and the guy looks at him and says "your Bill Vaughn’s Kid??" I mean we got fraises like that all through the series. Vaughn has a dream about his father that we all get to share. In season four Syd looks him up in CIA records, Vaughn shows her his folder in season one when telling Syd that her mom killed his Dad. Vaughn is always depressed when the anniversary of Bills death comes around. He really hates Irena for Killing his dad and has countlessly told her so. Season one, two and four he has made comments to her about how she is un worthy to talk, give advice or receive thank you's from him. Even Irena made a comment to Vaughn about how do you tell the woman who killed your Father thank you? Irena would know if she killed a man or not. She knows she ruined his life by killing his dad. If Vaughn is a liar then so is Irena, and if you think about it, Irena hasn't lied once in the series, we are always led to believe she lied but then always find out that she really didn't. so why would she risk her relationship with Sydney over this?

Okay now I am rambling, but my point is that we could go on and on over the proof that Bill Vaughn did exist!

Keep in mind that his intentions are ultimately good and his secret isn't really all that awful, just something Sydney should know because of the Irina reasoning: Irina will allow them to marry despite the past she knows about and he doesn't seem to think Sydney will leave him when he tells her but just wants her to know his past..."just so there are no secrets between us".

Assuming he is an overall good guy, I believe there are 3 questions that must be answered:

1. Is Bill Vaughn Michael's father?
-> All evidence of their relationship as mentioned in the replies above indicates yes.
- This means that either Bill Vaughn wasn't his real name and was changed for some reason of protection or cover. Therefore Michael’s name would have been changed. Is there any other way to account for Michael Vaughn claiming that is not his real name but still having Bill Vaughn as a father? Unless Michael is some secret second son or something, the long lost Gaylord Vaughn who assumed his brother's identity! :rolleyes:

2. Why does Michael claim that it was "no accident" that they met, that it was his office that Sydney was directed to that day and that he became her handler?
- The secret is "from a long time ago, before we met. Actually, it's the reason we met. It is no accident that I'm the one you came to when you walked into the CIA with your story about SD-6". Doesn't that seem like his secret has something to do with SD-6, like he was part of some secret taskforce and she was directed to him? That is, assuming his activities were in the best interest and somehow sanctioned by the CIA.
- If the CIA directed her to Michael, there must be some people there who know Michael's secret and/or were part of it. Michael could have been DSR and undercover (like Devlyn was), but given his reaction to Rambaldi and DSR activities in Season 3, I doubt it. So he is/was from A. a special branch of the CIA, B. another government agency, C. another foreign country's intelligence service (can we say France!), or D. some rogue group (could be good or bad, maybe at one point worked for SD6 as a triple agent, or remember 'The Trust'? They wasn't necessarily a group with evil interests).
-He couldn't have worked for Irina, at least with his own knowledge, because he denied his activities to her and was surprised she knew of them.
-If only some people would consider him a "bad guy", then, according to the possibilities above, A. Some people in the CIA don't like his job, perhaps he roots out moles and they feel threatened, B. Don't believe that he should have the mandate from another agency to work in the CIA, C. though he could be working for some 'greater good' and not against the US he isn't or wasn't primarily loyal to the US and therefore a 'bad guy', or D. personal interests in whatever group he was working for, and because they aren't sanctioned by the CIA (but not necessarily against) he would be considered "bad".
-Again, someone else in the CIA had to know because the director sent Sydney to Michael in the first episode.

3. Was the car crash an accident or intentional and related to his secret?
-I have no idea!

My deduction: Clearly the secret SD-6 related which ended when SD-6 was taken down, is sanctioned by some senior CIA officers who sent Sydney to him, and he is his father's son whose name had to be changed for protection or cover when Michael was young.

Back