Break the Silence (formerly Lies in Silence)

awww this is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Please send me a PM when you update. Love the twist on lauren but I am a little confused. So Elizabeth's death was faked?

Great chapters!!!!!!!! ahh fabulous!!

Please continue
E

YoungStarsOwner said:
awww this is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Please send me a PM when you update. Love the twist on lauren but I am a little confused. So Elizabeth's death was faked?

Great chapters!!!!!!!! ahh fabulous!!

Please continue
E
Nah, not faked. Lauren and Elizabeth were switched at birth. Heh, I felt it was a little soap opery, but eh - it worked. ;)

Will update sometime later today (y) :D

Back from a blissfully uneventful Spring Break! Here is the smut I promised you - I was off by a chapter and yes judging from the italics it's dream smut, but that's still good - right? Two nice and long chapters for you!!! :P Enjoy!

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. ~Henry David Thoreau

The feel of the satin sheets against her skin was soft and cool. She stretched reveling in the feeling of a soft bed beneath her and the wonder of the candlelight flickering in the dark room. Feelings of blissful contentment lingered in her mind as she sat up in the bed taking in her surroundings. The walls were painted a deep maroon and the curtains were drawn, the only light came from the candles on the dresser.

Sydney was smiling to herself as he came into the room. Dressed in black slacks with a slightly unbuttoned azure dress shirt, he paused to admire her sitting in the large bed surrounded by a mountain of pillows and fluffy blankets. She felt a presence and turned to look at him holding a wine glass in the bedroom doorway.

The candlelight flickered in his eyes making his blue eyes appear even more piercing to her. It felt natural to her being in the bed waiting for his return, the feeling of wanting him to come to her, and the knowledge of the pleasure his return would bring. Sydney sighed lightly gazing at him.

‘Been waiting for you.’ She said softly.

He bit his lip as he walked towards her pausing to take a sip from the wineglass before setting it down on the dresser Upon reaching the foot of the bed, he brought his right knee up followed by the left one and began to crawl his way towards her slowly keeping his eyes on her the whole time. Drinking in the sight of her bare skin in the silk slip, he leaned forward bringing one hand up to cup her face while the other one braced them as he gently guided her back onto the bed. She tasted the warm wine on his lips and in his kiss as she ran her fingers over his short locks. His tongue playfully dueled with hers while his right hand was pulling down the thin straps of the slip.

They broke apart from the kiss to pull the covers out from between them. As he was sitting up on his knees in front of her, she sat up as well and began to unbutton his shirt. He leaned forward to nibble on her neck encouraging her to hurry along with his shirt so they could get on with ridding themselves from the rest of the clothes that were in the way.

Peeling the shirt from off his lean shoulders, she began to unbuckle his belt pausing to draw in short breaths as he gently bit and sucked at her neck. She had the belt off and tossed it to the side settling in for the last task at hand. He brought his hands underneath her as she was undoing his pants and reached for the silky nightgown under her bottom. Giving it a firm tug, the slip relented as he pulled it up and over her head. She had made fast work of his pants and shirt, but he had been even faster with her slip.

Bringing his hand up to her cheek, he leaned forward into her once again laying her back on the bed. She shivered at the coolness of the sheets on her bare skin and caught his gaze. A familiar feeling washed over her as she waited to hear what he would say next anticipating what that might be, but it was not what she expected. In fact, he said nothing at all. She reveled in the silence coming from him knowing the look he was giving her spoke volumes. No praise of just her beauty or how amazing she was, the look in his eyes showed her she was something no adjective could properly describe.

He ran his hand over her belly up to her breasts caressing them. ‘Sydney…’ She closed her eyes and felt the excitement of his touch and the sound of her name on lips wash over her. Her pulse quickened as she pulled him towards her bringing his lips to hers. They kissed passionately before he broke away from her. Looking at him, her eyes wide with longing she reached up to stroke his temple.

Sensing her desire, he kissed her chin trailing to her collarbone and then to her sternum while teasing her nipples with his fingertips. She raised her hips into him and felt his own desire pressing into her. He slid downwards kissing her abdomen and began to teasingly kiss her inner thighs as she moaned. Wrapping his arms around her legs, he slowly began to slide his tongue around her most sensitive area feeling her writhe at his touch.

Feeling her hips slowly begin to buck beneath his tongue, he tightened his lips around her clit and began to flick his tongue softly at first then increasing faster as she began to claw up fistfuls of satin sheets. As she arched up her back and he could feel her toes curl beneath him, he felt her shake as the first waves of her orgasm came over her.

Breathlessly whispering his name, he rose up to meet her with a kiss. Her eyes fiery with passion and her cheeks warmed with a rosy glow, he had never seen a more wondrous sight.

Pulling off his boxers, he moved in to meet her wet center. Slowly, he pressed forward as she raised her hips in to take all of him at once. He gasped as she held him up with her hips creating her own rhythm against him. Tightening her muscles around his length, he moaned out her name. He pressed his hips down on her forcing her to let him control the pace for a brief moment.

Each time he would move himself into her, she would tighten on him causing him to groan. Suddenly, she began to raise her hips up to meet his rhythm as he brought himself in and out of her. He felt the strong pulsations of her around him as she came for the second time. The sound of her moans mixed with the feeling of her wrapped around him sent him over the edge as well. He looked down at her underneath him and smiled at her pink cheeks and flushed skin.

‘Was that worth the wait?’ he asked her coyly.

She laughed reaching up to caress Sark’s own rosy cheek. ‘I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.’

Sydney eyelids fluttered open as she began to become aware of her surroundings. She halfway expected to awaken in the large bed with the fluffy blankets, but found herself on a small cot in a dark room. The smell of stagnant damp concrete invaded her senses and she felt a dull pounding in her temple. She tried to recall what had happened and all she could remember was looking for an entry point into the building. Her wrists were bound with duct tape and she winced as the tape pulled at her skin. I guess I found my entry point, she thought sarcastically.

With her hands bound tightly behind her back and a near blinding pounding resonating in her skull, she was unable to move. She managed to maneuver her hands from back behind her out to bring them out in front of her. That small action took so much out of her and she did not understand why.

There was nothing she could do except lie on the cot and wait for her captures to show themselves. She would not have to wait long.

~~~~~~~

If you need it - Something I can give - I know I'd help you if I can - If your honest and you say that you did - You know that I would give you my hand ~ Oasis

The overhead light of the cell suddenly flicked on making her tightly shut her eyes as an unexpected brightness filled the room. Tiny white dots of light exploded behind her eyelids, and she wondered how long she had been in this dark cell. She forced her eyes open as she heard the sound of the door opening. Looking up, she saw a rather larger man walking towards her.

Sydney felt the man roughly grab her by the shoulders pulling her off of the cot and then flung her across the cell into a concrete wall. The hard wall sent shockwaves of pain roaring through her as her already bruised head made contact with the solid surface. Her knees grew weak and she began to slump down against the wall. She wanted to resist, fight back, but she felt too weak.

The large figure stood ominous in front of her as he began to come into focus, she saw his hands reaching forward again to grab her by her hair. She shrieked as he lifted her up gasping in pain as the roots of hair near her bruise burned like fire. Bracing herself for another wave of pain, she paused at the sound of another man’s voice in the room.

‘That’s quite enough Marcus. I would like Ms. Bristow to be coherent for our chat.’ The man released his hold from her hair causing her to fall to the floor.

Sark had been preparing himself for the sight of Sydney as he was being led down to where she was being held. He knew he had to maintain his tough exterior with her to avoid suspicion, and he hoped will all his strength that he would be able to go through with it. Both his and Sydney’s lives depended on it.

Seeing Marcus fling her around her cell and lift her up by her hair like she was no more than a doll was gut wrenching. Sloane must have drugged her. She has no ability to stand or attempt to fight back. Sark said a silent prayer that she would be coherent enough to understand what he was about to do to her because he would most likely not have the luxury of repeating himself.

As Marcus backed away from Sydney, leaving her crumpled on the floor near his feet; Sark surveyed the room. He noticed the camera that was no doubt broadcasting up to Sloane’s office monitor and from what Sark could tell, there only looked to be one camera.

Sark nodded his head at Marcus to wait outside. ‘I can handle this from here.’ Marcus cast one more glance down at Sydney not enjoying relinquishing his easy victim. ‘Now. Marcus.’ Sark said firmly fixing an icy stare at the guard. Sark continued the icy stare on the man until he was out of the room. Perhaps if he got the chance, he would make quick work of Marcus later, but for now he had to focus on the task at hand. Sydney.

Sark stood looking at her lying on the floor of the hard cell gasping in bouts of pain and shaking from the terror Marcus had been subjecting her to. Pushing aside the anxiety he was feeling about the whole mess, he walked over and knelt down beside her.

‘What are you doing here Sydney?’ he asked coolly. She raised her eyes to meet his and could tell she was having difficulty focusing.

Sark doubted that Arvin had given her any chance to explain herself, so he wasn’t worried that she might have incriminated him. Sark knew that if he didn’t get her out of her soon, Sloane would probably administer the sodium pentothal and all hell would break loose.

‘Sark…’ Sydney began. Judging from the large gash on her forehead as well as several other cuts and bruises, Marcus had been in earlier to work her over as well. Sloane will pay for this too.

‘How long have I been in here?’ Sark swallowed thickly mindful of the camera just behind his right shoulder.

He rose from his kneeling position to look down at her. ‘Stand up Sydney.’

Clumsily, she managed to stand up putting her bound hands up to his left shoulder to brace herself against him. Forgive me for what I am about to do Sydney.

He glanced over in dismay at her bloodied hands resting on his fine suit. Quickly bringing his right hand down to flick the small switch on his left cufflink, he swiftly brought his right hand up to grab her bound wrists ripping them up above her head as he pushed her back into the cell wall.

Sark felt her grimace in pain, but he wouldn’t be dissuaded. Time was of the essence here. With his back to the camera on the wall, he stared into her eyes willing her to understand and trust what he was about to say.

‘Sydney – listen to me. I am going to get you out of here. I want you to knee me and bring your hands under my coat. Grab hold of my left sidearm as I lean forward. I’ll reach across and grab it from your hands and push you into the wall securing the gun in your waistband. I’ll come back and tell you the escape plan I’ve come up with.’

Sydney’s eyes came into focus at his words. She frantically searched his stare looking for a sign of betrayal, a flicker of scorn, anything that would make her doubt what he was saying to her. He felt his gaze soften at her cursing himself for the position he had gotten her into. ‘Please Sydney, we must do this quickly.’

Without so much as another glance between the two, Sydney brought her knee up to his groin and shot her arms under his jacket as he doubled over in mock pain. Quickly bringing his right hand to Sydney’s bound wrists now holding the small firearm, he took it from out of her hand and pushed her roughly back into the wall using his left hand to bring her bound wrists above her head. Sark closed the gap between them still holding his gun in his right hand pressed into Sydney’s belly. He brought his hand to circle her wrists.

‘Now turn.’ She did not allow any space between them to be compromised as he pushed her face first against the wall. Bringing down his right hand to her back pant waistband, he tucked the gun in just as he heard the cufflink beep.

‘Don’t you ever try that again Ms. Bristow or it will be the last thing you thing you live to regret.’ Sark growled in her ear giving her one small shove back into the wall. He backed away slowly from her bringing a hand up across his jaw as she slowly turned her back to the wall.

Sydney veiled her amazement, as she looked at him fully aware of what was going on now. Sark was protecting her, just as he had done in the dreams.

Sending out the PM's now!!!

oh wow!

Sarkie to the rescue, and darn that Marcus, how horrible of him to treat Sydney like a rag doll!

Great Update and thank you for the PM, this story is so good!
E

Ooh..wait.....I need a moment!........................................................WOW! ;)

I love Sark, he could nibble on me any time he wants... great chapters. Can't wait for more.

i know i've said it before, you are a really good writer. i like how you make it go between dreams and reality. it is an awsome contrast! keep up the good work!!!!

aliasgirlie said:
SUZI!!! I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!!!!! Especially the Sarkney action. :D
Awww thanks Joyie ^_^ Sarkney action is hot!!!! :blush: hehehehe I am happy that you read it! I will probably update tonight or tomorrow if I don't get the next chapters proofread tonight ;)

Heh - for the first time ever - I am posting chapters at AA before I post them at SD-1. I'll leave the fic for you to enjoy!!! Ooo! One more thing to add - no smut for awhile, but it is near and this time - it will be real! No more dream smut! :lol: BTW - Joyie - I added you to the PM list ^_^

Without further ado- :P

‘She came alone.’ Sark said as he entered Sloane’s office. Sloane looking out the dark window of his office turned to look at him. Smiling slightly at Sark, Sloane gestured to the chair across from his desk.

‘Did she get the drop on you Mr. Sark?’

Sark sighed disdainfully at the remark. ‘I made the mistake of assuming she was more heavily drugged than she truly was. It won’t happen again.’

Sloane nodded and moved to sit in his chair. Sark studied the man’s actions trying to gauge what Sloane’s next move may be.

‘Did the admission of Lauren’s true identity surprise you?’ Right. We are going down memory lane again.

Sark sharply inhaled. ‘Really, sir, I never knew that you would have had any children. I assumed that Sydney was the closest thing you had.’ Sloane leaned back in his chair taking in Sark’s statement.

‘It’s true. In both Emily and my own minds, Sydney was like a daughter.’ He paused to smirk at the utterance ‘I even led a few people to believe she was my daughter.’

That admission did not shock Sark; Sloane would stop at nothing to gain an edge over someone. That was of no concern to him now though as he was more worried about how he was going to get Sydney out of here, but that depended on what Sloane’s plans for her were.

‘May I be so bold as to inquire what you plan on offering her?’ Sark noted that the surveillance image was now rotating to different cameras, no longer staying fixated on Sydney’s cell.

‘I’m going to offer Sydney the opportunity to work with me again.’ Sark raised his eyebrows at this for he knew there would be no ultimatum in this case, but he asked anyway trying to buy time to figure out the time frame on the surveillance monitor.

‘And if she refuses?’ If he could figure how long it took to get back to the cell image after getting visuals from every other camera in the building, Sydney might be able to use that window of time to escape.

‘There will be no other acceptable answer. She joins me or she dies. It’s that simple.’

Three minutes, Sark counted, until it was back at Sydney’s cell. Sark stood up from his chair. ‘You really think you will be able to do that? Kill the woman who is like a daughter to you?’

Sloane looked up at Sark smiling slightly. ‘No, but that’s why I have you. I couldn’t bear to have Sydney’s blood on my hands. So I thought, what is one more on yours?’

Sark nodded solemnly. Once again, he was expected to do Sloane’s dirty work. ‘Of course, sir. Do you expect to make the offer to her or am I to extend that as well?’

Sloane paused thoughtfully weighing his decisions. ‘I will be the one to ask for her final decision, but you may go ahead and tell her what I am proposing.’

Sark went to leave the office, but stopped and turned slightly back to face Sloane with his hand on the doorknob. ‘Do you expect me to be cordial or incensed?’ Sloane studied him, surprised at the question ‘I only ask because I want to handle this correctly, for your sake.’

Sloane smiled bemused. ‘Do you as you see fit, Mr. Sark.’ Sark nodded at him and left the office.

He needed a moment to think. That last question had been a test, and Sloane’s answer gave away more than he probably intended it to. Sloane was testing him that had been made clear by the look on his face. Maybe his previous visit with Sydney had raised some paranoid concern within Sloane, but Sark knew he couldn’t hold back this next time. Not only did he have to convey to Sydney her means of escape, but also he had to show his loyalty to Sloane. It was going to be near impossible, but not only was Sydney’s life at stake but for the first time, it felt his was as well.

It’s the cruelest thing - The cruelest thing
That I've ever known - Just time and circumstance
Taking their toll - As the storm beats and rolls ~ David Gray

Arvin set the monitor to view Sydney’s cell. The cell was dark, but he could make out her figure sitting on the cot. Sloane leaned back in his chair watching Sark enter Sydney’s cell wondering how Sark would treat Sydney this time. Clearly, she had put up a small struggle the last time he went in there. He would be surprised if Sark didn’t make her pay for that. As Arvin thought he knew Sark rather well, he suspected Sark asking how to treat her was his way of seeking permission to be rough on Sydney the second time around. In fact, the more he thought about it, he expected Sark to be rough on Sydney. He would no doubt be her executioner if she turned down the offer to join The Covenant.

When Sark had been in the first time, he found it curious that during the scuffle between Sark and Sydney, there was no sound. Even as she obviously had attacked him, there was no audible reaction. Not to mention, Sark had taken the brunt of it without much retaliation. Arvin wasn’t sure what was going on, but he was going to keep an eye on them this time. If anything suspicious happened, Sark was going to have a lot of explaining to do.

~~~~~~~

Entering her cell, Sark took a deep breath preparing himself for what he was about to do. Not only did he have to relay the details to Sydney on how she would be able to escape, but he would also have to convince Sloane of his allegiance.

Sydney squinted as the overhead light of the cell came on. She looked to the doorway where she saw Sark leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in front of him. Noticing the piercing gaze that Sark had given her, she sensed his demeanor from their previous meeting had since changed. I need to trust what he said to me before. He would not have given me a gun if he were not going to help me.

Sydney saw that Sark was unmoving waiting for her to break the silence. ‘What do you want now Sark?’

He smirked satisfied that the silence between them was no longer. “I have come to make you an offer Sydney.” Still leaning against the wall, he made no attempt to move near her. Sydney waited unsure of what he was doing.

“You are being offered a role in our organization.’ Sark looked at her unmoving. “Might try to act gracious Sydney, it is more than I would offer you.”

Sydney chuckled. “And if I don’t accept?”

Finally, Sark moved from his position against the wall and walked towards her. “You don’t have that luxury.”

The realization of his statement hit her suddenly. Sydney was going to be killed unless she joined The Covenant. Uncrossing her legs and moving them out in front of her, she stood up from the cot to look Sark dead in the eye. “Go to hell you son of a b****.”

Sark smirked at her. “Is that your final decision?”

Moving closer to him, she moved right up to his face catching a slight whiff of his cologne. “You are such a coward Sark, you know that?” He did not react. “Always someone’s lackey, you will never be the man in charge. You don’t have the strength. Even now, my wrists are bound and you act like you have this great power over me. Honestly, you know what I could do to you if I had the chance. You don’t have the guts to find out if you could top me.”

Sydney saw something in his eyes flicker at her. Without saying a word, he reached in his pants pocket and withdrew his switchblade. Flicking it open with his right hand, he grabbed her wrists. He squinted hard at her as he brought the blade to the tape.

“Remember my warning earlier Sydney? Just think, you brought this on yourself.” He replied coolly as he slit the tape in one quick flick of his wrist with the sharp blade of the knife.

Sydney pulled the tape from her arms wincing slightly as it ripped at her arm hair. Noticing Sark still held the knife in his hand, she nodded at it. “Not much of a fair fight if you have a weapon.” He glared at her as he flicked the knife shut and returned to his pants pocket. Who will make the first move?

As soon as the thought entered her mind, she wasted no time in jumping up to deliver a kick to Sark’s right side. Quickly, he brought his left arm across her face sending her over to the wall.

Landing with a small thud against the wall, she turned bracing herself against it send another kick to him as he approached. This time it did not catch him off guard as he brought his hands up to catch her foot. Pressing off with her other foot, she spun around causing him to release the foot he held and feel the blow delivered by the spin kick.

They stared at each other for a moment anticipating one another’s next movement. Sark’s gaze began to convey something to her. Rapid blinking patterns - a message. My left pant pocket – take the paper. She dipped her head slightly acknowledging she understood. Sloane is suspicious and that is why he is doing this.

Sydney let out a small yell and she spun around her right leg poised to strike as if Sark was her punching bag and she was mad as hell. Sark fell backward on the floor and Sydney was on him instantly. If Sloane were watching, he wouldn’t wait long to send in another guard.

Hand in his pocket, she felt the small piece of paper and went to conceal it in her hand as Sark’s elbow came crashing into her face. Stunned, she stumbled backwards as she felt another sharp kick come across her shoulders. Before she knew it, she was the one on the ground with Sark leaning over her. The switchblade was back out and this time pressed at her throat.

“I’d be willing to call it a draw when it comes to hand to hand Sydney, wouldn’t you?” She gasped still stunned at how quickly he had gone from being on the ground to now being the one in control. “Maybe you would surpass me if you had a weapon, but unfortunately you’re not going to get that chance.”

He took the knife away from her throat and slowly stood up staring down at her. “The man wants to hear your decision personally, so you still have a chance to save yourself.”

Moving over to leave, he turned back and cast one final glance at her. “I’d wager you might have thirty minutes to think it over. Good-bye Sydney.”

Sloane sat forward in his chair smiling. Sark had once again proven why he was the most valuable man in his organization. At first, he had been concerned that Sark allowed Sydney to get his weapon, but there had been no mistaken the last few blows he had delivered to her. Sydney was still lying in the middle of her cell when he flipped to view the other locations in the building. Smiling sadly to himself, Sloane realized he was going to miss Sydney. She can only save herself now. Unbeknownst to Sloane, that was far from the truth.

Hehehe - sending out the PM's now!! ^_^

:smiley: I love how Sark is helping Sydney.

I wonder what Sloane's going to do when he finds out Sydney escaped? That is, if she makes it out!

And I don't really care that there isn't smut for awhile... the good story makes up for it. :smiley:

And thanks for adding me to the list, Suzi! :smiley:

I have to say...this is such a great fic. And, honestly I think that the tease of smut is really good...it's allows you to devolp and play on the relationship building between Sark and Sid.

:D I think it's so cool that you appreciate what we're telling you. We (I hope that everyone else who reads this fic agrees and doesn't mind me speaking for them) really, really enjoy your fic. It's intertaining and almost makes you feel like your reading the script for an upcoming episode. (Hopefully!!) :P

I know that I love your imput at my Fic (since we are both Snarkey fans) and I honestly look forward to receiving your next PM about new chapters.

Okay I have rambled enough..but it had to be said! :lol:

This is so well written. I really enjoy reading it. The story flows really naturally which is a hard thing to accomplish. Can't wait for the next part!

zestyz said:
This is fabulous! You may be turning me into a Sarkney addict!
Can i please get a PM!!!!
LOL - Sarkney Fics should contain a warning -

Read At Your Own Risk - Readers Have Been Known To Become Hot for Sarkney and Abandon the S/V Ship Entirely ;)

That's how it was for me anyway!! :lol: Sure, I'll add you to the list! I'll probably update sometime in the next couple of days - just depends on when I get a chance to write some more :D

hotpot said:
zestyz said:
This is fabulous! You may be turning me into a Sarkney addict!
Can i please get a PM!!!!
LOL - Sarkney Fics should contain a warning -

Read At Your Own Risk - Readers Have Been Known To Become Hot for Sarkney and Abandon the S/V Ship Entirely ;)

That's how it was for me anyway!! :lol: Sure, I'll add you to the list! I'll probably update sometime in the next couple of days - just depends on when I get a chance to write some more :D
They so should! Hahaha...

you all give me better feedback and encouragement than the 20 some people over there

well of course you need to post here 1st, i can't belive that you have to question that ;)

Read At Your Own Risk - Readers Have Been Known To Become Hot for Sarkney and Abandon the S/V Ship Entirely

too true, although i was a sarkney fan to begin with, this just makes me even more of an avid fan.

keep up the good writing, it is honestly amazing. and as mrs. sark said i love how sark is helping out sydney, it's totally a chivalrous thing. i really think that JJ needs to get these 2 together in the actual show, what do you think? it would make such and excellent plot -screw vaughn(well, not really) :D

Here's a short chapter for you all! I'll try to post more sometime tonight or tomorrow. I'm getting a little worried because I only have a few more chapters already written (I like being way ahead in my story as I'm posting), so I need to get to it! ^_^

Walking over to the cot, she was still shaken by the brunt force Sark had used on her. The pain in her temple was now throbbing as fast as her heart was beating. Still holding the note in between her palm and thumb, she laid on her side with her back facing the camera. She took the note and laid it besides her squinting in the dark room to see what Sark had written.

The panel above the door will lead you to the roof of the building through the ventilation system. There is a fire escape on the building to the left of this one located in the back southeast corner. Once on the street level, run south for four blocks. A cab will be waiting there in front of the El Agua Negro. Tell him to take you to ‘las peliculas.’ This man works for me and will take you to the safe house. There is a three-minute delay on the video feed. It should take five minutes for you to gain access to the roof. I will distract Sloane as long as I can. Trust me Sydney, your life depends on this. Good luck.

Sydney held her breath as she quickly read it a second time. He had said before he left that she would have thirty minutes until Sloane came to see her personally. She had no time to doubt what Sark had said. Sydney had to act fast.

~~~~

Sark found himself staring at his reflection in the bathroom mirror musing over how he had gotten himself into this mess. Splashing cool water on his face was doing nothing to calm his nerves and that bothered him. Normally, so calm and collected no matter what the task, this whole business with Sydney was no doubt going to be his downfall.

As he had attacked her in the cell, his stomach churned at the sight of the pain he was inflicting on her. Surely, she would be smart enough to figure out why he was doing it, but that didn’t do much to fight the wave of nausea that struck him as he left her on the floor of her cell. He brought a towel up to dry off his face. Now is not the time for this Julian. Taking a deep breath, he threw the towel down and strode out of the bathroom heading towards Sloane’s office. Sydney would hopefully be making her escape about now; he needed to keep Sloane distracted.

Sark pushed open the office door without knocking and went over to the seat across from Sloane. Nodding towards the surveillance monitor, he sat down in the chair. “So I gather you saw everything, may I ask was it to your liking?”

Sloane looked rather amused at the question. “Mr. Sark – always wanting to please. I see you gave Sydney a little food for thought.”

Sark smirked at the statement. “She had it coming.” Sloane nodded slightly saying nothing in response, so Sark continued. “Tell me, are you still planning on going through with this?”

Arvin stood from the chair and walked over to the small liquor cabinet in his office. Sark noted that the camera was still rotating images from throughout the building. He relaxed in his chair a bit at the sight of this.

Pouring himself a glass of brandy, Sloane looked up at Sark offering him some as well. Sark nodded. “Please.” Taking out another snifter, Sloane filled it with the dark liquid and brought it over to Sark. Sark raised it slightly to him and took a small drink. The liquor potent on his tongue, he felt his nerves calm at the touch.

Sloane looked at him studying his reaction to the brandy. “After I administer the sodium pentothal, I will take it from there.”

Sark nodded approvingly. “Are you thinking of what Irina’s reaction to your killing her daughter may be?” It was a bold question, but one he was curious to know the answer to.

Sloane took a gulp of the brandy from his glass. “No. I’m thinking of my reaction to the killing of my daughter.”

Ah, yes. Ms. Reed. Sark couldn’t help but silently muse whether Lauren was really worth making an enemy of Irina Derevko. Sark felt it was definitely not and perhaps Sloane was realizing that as well. Killing Sydney would no doubt bring about such wrath from Irina as well as Jack Bristow; Sloane’s time on this Earth would be considerably shortened.

Sark glanced over at the monitor and saw it was back on Sydney’s cell. He could make out a small figure on the cot. Smiling to himself, he stood up from the chair. “Seeing how you are going to hold off on the execution of Ms. Bristow for the time being, do you think it would be well if I returned to my suite?” The image rotated to the next camera location. Sloane nodded granting his approval. “I’m sure you won’t hesitate to call if I am needed.”

“Yes, Mr. Sark. That will be all for now.” Sark went over to the door opening it. He cast one more glance at Sloane before he exited. Arvin was pouring himself another glass of brandy. He’s going to need it, Sark thought.

Sark needed to find the guard to drive him back to his hotel. Recalling the visual of Sydney’s cell, the figure he had seen on the monitor looked to be a pillow wearing Sydney’s jacket. She would be waiting for him at the safe house. He silently prayed that all was going to plan. Soon, he thought she would know the truth.

Sending out PM's now!!

Back