Broken

thats soo good, im interested, keep me on the PM list please

a/n -- just to clarify - Amy= sydney, she's lying about her name and she's not really 17 because i'm not that sick/creepy having vaughn be 27 and syd be 17 where isn't not so much the 10 yr age diff that's the problem - th eproblem is that she's 17 but she's not... did i just confuse you?

that confused me, i dont get it

-luv Em :cheers:

okay lemme see if i can clear a bunch of stuff up:
OTP = one true paring (dont worry, i had no idea what it was until a few months ago)

some of you got this right on the head but for those that didn't -
sydney/'Amy' is scared, which is why she lied about her name and, as for her age, Sarah's home is for teens only - that's enough of a hint there ;) she lied so she could get in

Chapter 2
After she showered, Amy went back downstairs and found the tiny office where Michael was waiting for her. She knocked softly on the door and waited for a response.

“Come in,” Michael said as soon as he heard the knock. The door opened slowly and Amy poked her head in. Immediately, Michael saw a very different girl than the one he had seen an hour earlier. Her black makeup was gone and he saw that her long sleeved shirt and jeans simply hung on her bony frame. Her cheeks also appeared to be a bit sunken and there were large dark circles around her eyes. “Amy, hi. Have a seat,” he said, gesturing towards the couch against the wall across from his desk.

Amy sat, but said nothing. “So… um, Mar tells me you’re seventeen.” Michael continued. Amy nodded. “You’re in high school then?” he asked.

“I was,” she said shortly in a quiet whispery voice.

“Alright well, maybe we can get you back into school then. Can you tell where you ran away from?” he asked. She said nothing for a solid three minutes so he continued, “Alright… how about why you ran away?”

She said nothing.

“Well, what do you want to talk about?” Michael asked her.

“I dunno,” she shrugged.

“How about that tattoo right there,” he pointed to the inside of her left wrist where he could see a design. “When’d you get that?”

“Dunno… a while ago,” she shrugged as she pulled her sleeve down to cover it.

“What is it of?” he asked.

“Just a symbol… Chinese symbol…” she said.

“Oh yeah? I have one of those tattooed on my arm,” he said. With this, she looked up at him, obviously surprised. “Yes, the therapist has a tattoo – be shocked,” he said, and then he smiled proudly since his comment got a very tiny smile from her.

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?” he continued with his ‘friendly, yet trying to search for information’ routine. She shook her head. “What about parents?” he asked. She didn’t respond in any way, she just stared at her feet.

For fifteen more minutes he tried to pry information out of her, but he never got anymore than a head shake or nod from her, which meant he basically had nothing. Finally he gave up, knowing that she wasn’t in any mood to share. He told her he’d see her on Thursday, two days from then, and then she left.

Sighing, he returned to his desk and began to write up a report on her. It wasn’t unusual for the girls, especially on their first day, to be quiet at first. In fact, he had only had one girl break down the first day. The rest held strong for a week or so, mostly because they were too terrified to do anything else, but then they’d reveal everything.

Almost all the girls came from homes with abusive parents, step-parents or foster parents of some sort and they usually stayed at Sarah’s Home a month, maybe two before they were able to find a relative – a safe relative – to stay with. It was rare for them to stay longer, but sometimes it happened. They were always young and very timid.

As Michael sat there, staring at the paper he was trying to fill out in front of him, he couldn’t figure out why Amy didn’t fit the general description of the girls that usually showed up there. For one, she was obviously older. Though she claimed she was seventeen, Michael would have been positively floored if she was really that young. Secondly, she didn’t show any signs of abuse aside from the fact that she looked emaciated. Usually girls came in with split lips or black eyes, but she had neither of those things. It was possible that her torso was covered in bruises though, he supposed.

In the end, he decided he was judging her prematurely. After all, he had only spent a collective half hour with her. His first impression could have been entirely wrong.

~*~

Once she left Michael’s office, Amy returned to her new room. Amy. She nearly laughed at herself for that one. When he had asked her what her name was, she panicked. She wasn’t sure why, but she just couldn’t reveal her real name, so she said the first female name that popped into her head. She did the same with her age.

What was her real identity? It didn’t much matter anymore. She couldn’t be that person again, not ever again. It just wasn’t safe.

Up in her room, she gathered up all her clothes and took them down to the washing machined she had spotted off the kitchen. Her clothes hadn’t been washed in months and they were revolting. She waited for them to be finished while reading a magazine she found in the kitchen, and then she switched them to the dryer. As she did this, two girls came in a nearby door laughing together. The moment they saw her, they stopped laughing and she folded her arms protectively across her chest and backed herself up against the dryer to let them pass. They passed without a word.

She wasn’t there to make friends; she was merely there to survive another day, for she knew that elsewhere she never would have made it.

sorry that was a little short - you'll live :P

PM LIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
Addicted 2 Alias
albob
alias#1
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212
aliasisthebest
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
anji_alias
aprilsfool6
ashqua
ASIOagent
atekamel
Bamse
benzmine
blknight
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
derevkointraining
Donniegirl
EJ11
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation

fire*N*ice
frangipani
freckles3706
Freelancer7315
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
hannahb
helpleessromantic
i love vaughny
i'm an aliasaholic
invisible
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
kittykatsmeow
k-mila
leelow13
LittleNicky
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
Michael_Vartan_Rocks
mightylittleone
Minttu
Nancy O
one&only44
oooRevesDouxooo
pansarah1
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Remys24

sabbiee_co
scullymulder1234
Silvinha
SpyChic16
Spydrummer06
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
SydVaughn1001
tblash423
texasalias2004
tubby
UndercoverPhoenix47
vartan-lova
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman
xxaliasluverxx

Once she left Michael’s office, Amy returned to her new room. Amy. She nearly laughed at herself for that one. When he had asked her what her name was, she panicked. She wasn’t sure why, but she just couldn’t reveal her real name, so she said the first female name that popped into her head. She did the same with her age.

What was her real identity? It didn’t much matter anymore. She couldn’t be that person again, not ever again. It just wasn’t safe.
Why isn't it safe for her?! What's her story? Awesome update. Can't wait for more.

Great update!
I wonder what Syd is runing away from or from who. I also wonder how long she's gonna be able to hide who she is. Thanks for the PM and I absolutely can't wait for the next chapter.

Oooh intrigue! lovin the mystery!
can i be on the pm list please janet? thanks
oh and about that posting thing, im totally happy to look at your random layout every night :lol: i love it!

PM LIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
Addicted 2 Alias
albob
alias#1
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
Aliaschick347
aliasfan212